Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

• 2 weeks later...

Still have a chance with Demas if they drop another 4-5 games next year (likely with their schedule) and we end up in the playoffs or winning the B12.  Jimbo will be pushing everyone hard to commit early again and as we saw with this years class, it’s hard to flip them once they are “taken care of”...unless you are Bama and have the on-field results and deep booster “support”.

Their 2020 schedule is a complete joke and they won’t lose more than 2 games, so need to dominate 2020 recruiting because they’ll be able to sell a good season to the 2021 guys. 

7 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Still have a chance with Demas if they drop another 4-5 games next year (likely with their schedule) and we end up in the playoffs or winning the B12.  Jimbo will be pushing everyone hard to commit early again and as we saw with this years class, it’s hard to flip them once they are “taken care of”...unless you are Bama and have the on-field results and deep booster “support”.

Their 2020 schedule is a complete joke and they won’t lose more than 2 games, so need to dominate 2020 recruiting because they’ll be able to sell a good season to the 2021 guys. 

Still think we’ll get Leal?

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Every year people say this, but it never happens. Their floor is 7-6 with their schedule. If everything goes wrong, they are still winning 7 games. 

3 joke games - Texas State, Lamar, UTSA, 

4 wins, 1 Loss -  Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina, Arkansas, Auburn

4 losses - Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Georgia

Yes, they might lose one like Miss State or Auburn, but they also might win one against LSU or Clemson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Every year people say this, but it never happens. Their floor is 7-6 with their schedule. If everything goes wrong, they are still winning 7 games. 

Yes, they might lose one like Miss State or Auburn, but they also might win one against LSU or Clemson

So 4-5 losses like I said.  2020 will be the year where they’ll pull a Kentucky and look way better on paper/the polls than they actually will be. 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Demas himself already tried to decommit until FWK took care of him. What bullies upfront?  The plethora of short slow guards they signed?  Look at Dildo baggins lineman at FSU.  That might be the worst OL in any P5 conference.  That will be aggy soon.

Evans recruitment will be wild, and there’s a solid chance he doesn’t go to Texas.  But I doubt his brother will let him end up in that shit hole town in college station.  If he doesn’t end up at Texas, he will be at another blue blood.

Edited by victory88

3 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Still think we’ll get Leal?

Leal made maybe 1 visit after he committed to aggy. Demas has at least 2-3 UT visits since commuting to them.....but yes, the more time that goes by, the less chance we have.  If we beat LSU in week 2 and he doesn’t “open things back up”, then we are out. 

4 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Leal made maybe 1 visit after he committed to aggy. Demas has at least 2-3 UT visits since commuting to them.....but yes, the more time that goes by, the less chance we have.  If we beat LSU in week 2 and he doesn’t “open things back up”, then we are out. 

Demas must want to go down the Kendrick Rogers path of having 2 good games a year and not even being heard from in the rest

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

I don't think I would ever want to commit early if I was a true five-star (maybe QB is the exception) with basically a blank check (figuratively and maybe literally for some places) to almost any program.  I figure you can really evaluate the program with an extra season worth of data, plus you can see who else is signed and how that might impact your decision as well.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

However, if the planets Puto and Uranus align just right... they could be looking at 4 wins.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@golfclap didn't you say they'd have a real small Sr. class next year?  So a lot more attrition again if they want to take a full class?

They only have six graduating seniors going into next year, assuming none of the four fourth year seniors redshirt 

38 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M has a ton of dead weight on the roster. Shouldn't be too difficult for them to cull the non-contributors. But it does make it tough for them to bring in grad transfers. 

I believe they have to lose 6 more to attrition in addition to the 4 NFL guys and ones who already announced they were leaving. Going to be real tough to add any grad transfer for sure which is awesome. 

2 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

I believe they have to lose 6 more to attrition in addition to the 4 NFL guys and ones who already announced they were leaving. Going to be real tough to add any grad transfer for sure which is awesome. 

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Trap door about 20 or so. Consequently they can sign the max..

I think the actual attrition number is going to look somewhat apocolyptic when fully counted heading into September of 2019. I think the number they absolutely have to achieve if they sign 26 is 13? It's hard to control that kind of roster momentum. I think they wind up with like 20-22 total guys off the roster ahead of their opener next year that were juniors or lower as of the Taxslayer bowl game.

On 12/26/2018 at 1:56 PM, victory88 said:

Demas himself already tried to decommit until FWK took care of him. What bullies upfront?  The plethora of short slow guards they signed?  Look at Dildo baggins lineman at FSU.  That might be the worst OL in any P5 conference.  That will be aggy soon.

Evans recruitment will be wild, and there’s a solid chance he doesn’t go to Texas.  But I doubt his brother will let him end up in that shit hole town in college station.  If he doesn’t end up at Texas, he will be at another blue blood.

Let me simplify Evans for you. It will be a Texas, Bama, Georgia battle with aggy deluding themselves into thinking they have a shot and making a shit ton of noise about it all season. If Texas takes a leap forward on the line next year and keeps up the momentum, I think we have a great shot if the recruitment stays relatively clean. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 1:56 PM, victory88 said:

It means he doesn't want to run behind Michael Huey and David snow, he wants Jonathan scott and kasey studdard

Steve Wiltfong: Touted dual-threat QB Malik Hornsby touches on top schools

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - 247Sports No. 1 ranked dual-threat quarterback Malik Hornsby spent a lot of the weekend inside the Alamo Dome as one of the top prospects already selected to play in next year’s All-American Bowl. “Great experience,” Hornsby said. “I can’t wait till next year.” The 6-foot-2, 175-pound Hornsby had a strong junior season. In 11 games he completed 60 percent of his passes for 1,841 yards and 22 touchdowns to just two interceptions. He rushed for another 749 yards and 13 more scores in leading a Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall team that went 15-1.

As Hornsby’s offer list approaches 20, a few programs are standing out. “A&M of course,” he said. “UT, I’m thinking about starting to look at Georgia a lot. That’s about it for right now that’s on top. I can say Florida State too.” Texas A&M began trending on the 247Sports Crystal Ball for Hornsby during the fall. “Oh man, Jimbo Fisher, that’s my guy,” Hornsby said. “It’s a great feeling when I get there and go there. It’s a great feeling anywhere I go but It’s a special feeling when I go there.”

Hornsby said the important factors going into his college decision include opportunity for playing time and how he’ll be able to adjust to the system when he comes in. “Coach Fisher has developed many great quarterbacks over the years,” Hornsby said. “I think if I do go there I have a chance to be developed into the dude I want to be. Probably better if I go there. The offense that they run, I think I fit best in the offense they run.”

But Hornsby doesn’t want to rush into any college decision. He talked about the other three programs that have intrigued him. “Florida is Florida,” he said of the Seminoles. “They got goons out there.” Hornsby has been to Tallahassee before. “I liked the atmosphere. The vibe that I get from there.” Georgia is one of Hornsby’s latest offers. “I like Georgia a lot,” he said. “They keep in touch. Georgia they got tradition. I want to come into something that’s kind of made already but make it better.”

Texas already has a quarterback commit but Hornsby says that’s no problem for him. “You got to play,” he said. “UT is home. I know people that go there already, brothers that I’ve know for awhile.” Hornsby would like to visit Clemson among other places as the process continues. 247Sports bills Washington as the No. 2 recruit in Texas and No. 12 prospect regardless of position.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - 247Sports No. 1 ranked dual-threat quarterback Malik Hornsby spent a lot of the weekend inside the Alamo Dome as one of the top prospects already selected to play in next year’s All-American Bowl. “Great experience,” Hornsby said. “I can’t wait till next year.” The 6-foot-2, 175-pound Hornsby had a strong junior season. In 11 games he completed 60 percent of his passes for 1,841 yards and 22 touchdowns to just two interceptions. He rushed for another 749 yards and 13 more scores in leading a Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall team that went 15-1.

As Hornsby’s offer list approaches 20, a few programs are standing out. “A&M of course,” he said. “UT, I’m thinking about starting to look at Georgia a lot. That’s about it for right now that’s on top. I can say Florida State too.” Texas A&M began trending on the 247Sports Crystal Ball for Hornsby during the fall. “Oh man, Jimbo Fisher, that’s my guy,” Hornsby said. “It’s a great feeling when I get there and go there. It’s a great feeling anywhere I go but It’s a special feeling when I go there.”

Hornsby said the important factors going into his college decision include opportunity for playing time and how he’ll be able to adjust to the system when he comes in. “Coach Fisher has developed many great quarterbacks over the years,” Hornsby said. “I think if I do go there I have a chance to be developed into the dude I want to be. Probably better if I go there. The offense that they run, I think I fit best in the offense they run.”

But Hornsby doesn’t want to rush into any college decision. He talked about the other three programs that have intrigued him. “Florida is Florida,” he said of the Seminoles. “They got goons out there.” Hornsby has been to Tallahassee before. “I liked the atmosphere. The vibe that I get from there.” Georgia is one of Hornsby’s latest offers. “I like Georgia a lot,” he said. “They keep in touch. Georgia they got tradition. I want to come into something that’s kind of made already but make it better.”

Texas already has a quarterback commit but Hornsby says that’s no problem for him. “You got to play,” he said. “UT is home. I know people that go there already, brothers that I’ve know for awhile.” Hornsby would like to visit Clemson among other places as the process continues. 247Sports bills Washington as the No. 2 recruit in Texas and No. 12 prospect regardless of position.

Hornsby seems destined to end up in a college station flower bed.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Having a top list of UGA, A&M, and FSU should be all that we need to know about his recruitment. 

35 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Wiltfong pumps aggy articles about how great jimbo is and bumps aggy recruits in exchange for information regarding recruits.  He does this for any staff willing to exchange info with him.  

Yeah I don't think Wiltfong has much of a source for Texas because he hardly ever puts in picks for Texas.  Powell and Ojomo are the only ones off the top of my head that I can think of that he beat everyone else on and that probably had nothing to do with anyone on staff.