Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

The smaller stadiums thing is true, but that’s like 3 out of 12 games a year. Big deal. 

I don’t understand the tv network deal. We play on abc, espn, and fox and fx1 and once or twice on LHN. 

They might play on cbs once or twice, secn, and espn. What’s the difference?

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The smaller stadiums thing is true, but that’s like 3 out of 12 games a year. Big deal.

I don’t understand the tv network deal. We play on abc, espn, and fox and fx1 and once or twice on LHN. 

They might play on cbs once or twice, secn, and espn. What’s the difference?

Me either.

Edited by MirrOlure

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t understand the tv network deal...What’s the difference?

aggy dipshits like to lie a lot.  And then other aggy dipshits within that aggy dipshit echo chamber repeat the lies until they're accepted as fact.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not a math guy, but thankfully excel makes life easy. So lets just go ahead and blow this fucking bullshit about eyeballs in the Big 12 vs. the SEC right out of the fucking water. Or at the very least, lets go ahead and examine the general drawing power of our program versus their program, regardless of network. First, lets go ahead and get my source of this information out of the way: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Total # of Viewers for the entire 2018 season, including championship games and bowls (all #s in Millions, including streaming where reported):

Texas: 54.401 
aTm: 27.081 

Total # of regular Season viewers, removing bowl games and championship games:

Texas: 30.804
aTm: 21.939

Average Viewers Per Game:

Texas: 4.185
aTm: 3.009

Average Viewers Per Game Removing CCGs and Bowls:

Texas: 2.8
aTm: 2.74

So by EVERY fucking metric, be it total viewers, average viewers, removing CCGs (Because aTm sucks and played in none) as well as bowl viewing (because aTm played in a shittier one with less appeal) Texas comes out ahead. Fuck, if you want to grab the aTm narrative of shitty TV contracts, and shitty networks, and shitty start times, hell, we whipped their ass despite an overwhelming handicap. So fuck them. And it gets even more interesting. That webpage, only listed 8 regular season televised games, versus 10 for UT. Now, is that because aTm plays 2 fucking pathetic non P5 out of conference games? Of course it fucking does. Games against Nichols St and the Northwestern State Gaping Pussies weren't listed. So while that might have brought their totals down a bit, it sure as mother fuck would have brought their average viewers per game down even fucking more. 

Other fun facts: 13.3 million folks watched the Sugar Bowl, 10.3 million watched the B12 title game. aTm's highest viewed game of the season? Alabama at 5.65 million. Their second is the Gator Bowl at 5.142 million. Clemson was 4.48. aTm vs alabama did beat the Red River Shootout 5.68 to 5.08, but one was a noon game and the other was mid day. I'll let you guess which was which, and who the primary driver of of eyeballs was in that game. 

In short, either no one wants to watch aTm as much as Texas, or no one can find them on TV as easily as Texas. Pick one. 

Thanks for this. I wonder if A&M bloggers will update their articles from 2013 to make sure they are accurate. Their fans think the never got off the Johnny Football hype train. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not a math guy, but thankfully excel makes life easy. So lets just go ahead and blow this fucking bullshit about eyeballs in the Big 12 vs. the SEC right out of the fucking water. Or at the very least, lets go ahead and examine the general drawing power of our program versus their program, regardless of network. First, lets go ahead and get my source of this information out of the way: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Total # of Viewers for the entire 2018 season, including championship games and bowls (all #s in Millions, including streaming where reported):

So by EVERY fucking metric, be it total viewers, average viewers, removing CCGs (Because aTm sucks and played in none) as well as bowl viewing (because aTm played in a shittier one with less appeal) Texas comes out ahead. Fuck, if you want to grab the aTm narrative of shitty TV contracts, and shitty networks, and shitty start times, hell, we whipped their ass despite an overwhelming handicap. So fuck them. And it gets even more interesting. That webpage, only listed 8 regular season televised games, versus 10 for UT. Now, is that because aTm plays 2 fucking pathetic non P5 out of conference games? Of course it fucking does, and of course that's fucking why. Games against Nichols St and the Northwestern State Gaping Pussies weren't listed. So while that might have brought their totals down a bit, it sure as mother fuck would have brought their average viewers per game down even fucking more. 

Other fun facts: 13.3 million folks watched the Sugar Bowl, 10.3 million watched the B12 title game. aTm's highest viewed game of the season? Alabama at 5.65 million. Their second is the Gator Bowl at 5.142 million. Clemson was 4.48. aTm vs alabama did beat the Red River Shootout 5.65 to 5.08, but one was a noon game and the other was mid day. I'll let you guess which was which, and who the primary driver of of eyeballs was in that game. 

In short, either no one wants to watch aTm as much as Texas, or no one can find them on TV as easily as Texas. Pick one. Actually, fuck it, the answer is both and everyone but those dunderheads knows the truth. 

Can you post this on Texags and time how long it stays up?

• Like 1

Ratio of Texas football wins v aggy to aggy wins v Texas (76/37) = 2.05

Ratio of total 2018 TV viewership for Texas football v aggy football (54.4M/27.1M) = 2.01

Coincidence? I think not.

I love, though, how a few of them even go so far as to call themselves big brother. I remember my little bro doing that as a little kid, too.

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So by EVERY fucking metric, be it total viewers, average viewers, removing CCGs (Because aTm sucks and played in none) as well as bowl viewing (because aTm played in a shittier one with less appeal) Texas comes out ahead. Fuck, if you want to grab the aTm narrative of shitty TV contracts, and shitty networks, and shitty start times, hell, we whipped their ass despite an overwhelming handicap. So fuck them. And it gets even more interesting. That webpage, only listed 8 regular season televised games, versus 10 for UT. Now, is that because aTm plays 2 fucking pathetic non P5 out of conference games? Of course it fucking does, and of course that's fucking why. Games against Nichols St and the Northwestern State Gaping Pussies weren't listed. So while that might have brought their totals down a bit, it sure as mother fuck would have brought their average viewers per game down even fucking more. 

Other fun facts: 13.3 million folks watched the Sugar Bowl, 10.3 million watched the B12 title game. aTm's highest viewed game of the season? Alabama at 5.65 million. Their second is the Gator Bowl at 5.142 million. Clemson was 4.48. aTm vs alabama did beat the Red River Shootout 5.65 to 5.08, but one was a noon game and the other was mid day. I'll let you guess which was which, and who the primary driver of of eyeballs was in that game. 

In short, either no one wants to watch aTm as much as Texas, or no one can find them on TV as easily as Texas. Pick one. Actually, fuck it, the answer is both and everyone but those dunderheads knows the truth. 

When UT is winning people tune in. Those are just the Facts. 

Where did you get the LHN and SECN games?  I was under the impression those were not listed. 

10 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

When UT is winning people tune in. Those are just the Facts. 

Where did you get the LHN and SECN games?  I was under the impression those were not listed. 

I dont believe they were. I used the data available at the link provided. We were short a game (iowa state?) and I think their 2 shitball games were probably on the SEC network. Im at a stoplight so I cant really confirm whats what. 

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

aggy dipshits like to lie a lot.  And then other aggy dipshits within that aggy dipshit echo chamber repeat the lies until they're accepted as

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

aggy dipshits like to lie a lot.  And then other aggy dipshits within that aggy dipshit echo chamber repeat the lies until they're accepted as fact.

Nailed it . Aren't aggy  supposed to be honest? Lol 

• Like 1

That’s solid work. + Rep

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's a strong post. Have some Rep.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Does LeonPhelps know the aggy OL was last in the SEC in sacks given up per game?  I know the stat was thrown out at one point during the season so not 100% sure if they finished that way.

I personally love how they think Herman is winning with Strong's recruits but turn a blind eye to how Jimbo's OL fared at FSU this year. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Standing ovation