FLORIDA GATORS VS. BLOW U [COTTON BOWL, JERRY WORLD, 7 ESPN]

Zeus

Mullen...whatever.

Their DC should be fired for not preparing for OU's GT counter. That is the play OU's whole offense is predicated on. If you're playing the Sooners, that has to be the focus of 1/2 your defensive game plan. OU averaged 10 yds/carry.

Did the DC opt out too?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

Mullen...whatever.

Their DC should be fired for not preparing for OU's GT counter. That is the play OU's whole offense is predicated on. If you're playing the Sooners, that has to be the focus of 1/2 your defensive game plan. OU averaged 10 yds/carry.

Did the DC opt out too?

Yep. That’s why Iowa State played y’all close.  Heacock had clearly drilled his guys thoroughly on that play.  Riley had counters to the counter ready though.  Lots of plays where GT pulled but the play cut behind it or went the other way.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Hey Troph, dudes are pricks. I dunno why but it's prolly why the world will end up a desolate scorched rock well before the universe makes it so.  Just know that if two guys do manage to somehow survive, one will most likely fuck and kill the other.  

So the world is going to turn into Oklahoma? That sucks.

4 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

It would be nice if secsec coaches would declare whether or not they want to be there, BEFORE the game starts.  What a joke. 

They're unsure at the beginning. They have to wait for the end of the game to remember whether they wanted to be there. Buncha pansies.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Focht Up said:

It would be nice if secsec coaches would declare whether or not they want to be there, BEFORE the game starts.  What a joke. 

Would save their fans a lot of money.  Those poor saps pay 1000 bucks for themselves and their family.  They could avoid that if they knew the team itself didn’t want to be there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, markstanco said:
11 hours ago, troph said:
OU would get rolled by Bama and Clemson. ND is a toss up, tOSU should beat them but who knows they haven’t really played much this year.

Ou (and texas) would get killed by all 4 teams.

ou would stomp a mudhole in ND and the way we're playing now it would be a toss up

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Never more relevant than last night.

Oh sure you got LSU last year. Every 3-; years another SEC team pops up for a greet title run.

But all in all it’s Bama and Clemson. And then it’s everyone else, and their conferences on pretty even footing.

They don't have Clemson.  They have Bama.  The ACC has Clemson, and a promising UNC, while renting ND.

11 hours ago, troph said:

Dude. Switzer (and Osborne too for that matter) didn’t run clean programs. They were dirtyAF and that’s a fact. But it was a fucking joke on a message board full of joksters.  I had no idea who it was on that cover.  And I certainly wasn’t trying to indict a black man by it, Jesus Christ.

And by the way I’ve been jabbed at up and down this board dozens of times so don’t act like I have some protection. I’ve been called tranny more times than I can count since 2015 when I came out to y’all and it’s still not an off limits slur even though I’ve made it clear it’s not ok.  And over the years the cut your dick off jokes just keep coming, man they are so funny.  That doesn’t even count the bullshit undercurrent of trans misogyny that’s rampant on this board on probably a daily basis.  I just ignore all of that unless it’s someone I personally know. 

You want to have a separate conversation about criminal justice reform I’m as progressive on that as they come. 

But to hold me to a standard that NO ONE ELSE on this board is held to given the bullshit I’ve endured? 

yeah you can fuck the fuck off with that BS.

i know chitown and i can assure you his comments had nothing to do at all with "what you've been through".  i will also say, i had totally forgotten about your transition until you brought it up in this post.  isn't it cool that you could just be another asshole on this board like the rest of us, and not get triggered because _________ ?

posrep for you to make sure you know i'm not attacking you.

• Hook 'Em 3

This is what Danny Boy said on Tuesday.

"Our guys are excited with the opportunity to get out there and go play," said Mullen. "So there are guys that have kind of been in maybe that supporting actor role now that are going into the lead role in the show tomorrow night. And so I think those guys are excited for that opportunity to get out there and go make plays."

Then he had that abortion of a press conference last night.  Fucking idiot.  No one throws their people under the bus and takes no blame like Dan Mullen.  Well, except for you know who.

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Focht Up said:

this.  room 101 didn't chime in until 1247 am....

where the fuck was this shit in the lead up to the game?

+++

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30627836/florida-dan-mullen-says-depleted-gators-opted-not-play-cotton-bowl

Florida coach Dan Mullen said his team could have opted to not play in Wednesday night's Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic based on player availability but chose to anyway because the players wanted to compete.

Following a 55-20 blowout loss to No. 6 Oklahoma, Mullen said his depleted roster would have allowed the No. 7 Gators to skip the game.

"With the number of people that were out for the game, we were under numbers actually," Mullen said. "We had the numbers to not play the game.

Added Mullen: "I give our guys credit. ... Our young guys wanted to go play in that game, and they wanted to get that experience and wanted to be on that stage."

On Tuesday, Mullen estimated that he would have 60 scholarship players available. The SEC this season established a minimum threshold of 53 scholarship players for game participation, but teams could opt to play even if they didn't meet that number. There were also minimums at three key positions: quarterbacks (one), defensive linemen (four) and offensive linemen (seven).

Mullen did not specify if the Gators were under the minimum at a specific position.

"I kind of viewed -- I don't know, maybe this is wrong -- that wasn't the 2020 football team that you saw," Mullen said of the Gators, who finished 8-4 after dropping their final three games. "There were 25 guys missing off the 2020 football team out there tonight. That was kind of a kick-start for us for the future, an opportunity for the young guys to play."

Mullen added: "The last game the 2020 team played was 11 days ago [in the SEC championship]."

Among the missing Gators were multiple starters. Their top three wide receivers -- Kadarius Toney, Trevon Grimes and Jacob Copeland -- were all out, and so was star tight end Kyle Pitts. Grimes, Pitts and Toney opted out of the game as they prepare for the NFL draft, and Copeland was out because he tested positive for COVID-19. The Gators were also without four defensive starters.

The missing pass-catchers had a significant impact on quarterback Kyle Trask, a Heisman Trophy finalist. The senior threw a season-high three interceptions and did not throw a touchdown after coming into the game with 43 to his credit. His completion percentage (57.1%) was also a season low. Sophomore quarterback Emory Jones also saw significant playing time in the game, attempting 16 passes and rushing 10 times for 60 yards and a score.

Oklahoma (9-2) dominated Florida, finishing with 684 yards, including 435 rushing. Sooners coach Lincoln Riley said they decided "we were going to be a team on a mission," and "we wanted to make a statement with the way that we played."

Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey said, "We saw the [Gators'] opt-outs. We didn't really care who was opting out and who was staying for this game. We were ready to roll and go out there and play them anyway, no matter who it was. We're just glad they showed up and gave us a chance to play."

The Sooners also said they were aware of the comments Florida linebacker James Houston made last week, referring to Oklahoma as "a good matchup" but "not on our level." Oklahoma freshman wide receiver Marvin Mims said, "It definitely fueled the fire a little bit," and Sooners quarterback Spencer Rattler tweeted after the game, "It was a good matchup."

"I'd be lying if I said we didn't see what our opponent said," Rattler later said. "We went out there and just did our job, executed, focused on what we had to do as a group and came out on top."

11 minutes ago, Constant said:

OU averaged 10.9 YPC for 435 yards and Mullen and Co. are busting out every excuse in the SEC handbook.  

OU ran for 300 yards in the second half alone.  Only reason they didn't put on more in the first half was time of possession and Riley getting cute on a few plays.  

Mullen trying to say we could’ve not played is ridiculous. They weren’t missing guys because of covid (maybe a few) which is why that rule was established. Would have been even more embarrassing than the beat down they got if they tucked tail and ran scared before the game just because some dudes decided not to play.

5 hours ago, LarTXHorn said:

Fuck Dan Mullen for this bitchmade comment. What a fucking classless sore loser. Way to shit on your own kids that were out there trying, dickhead. Take the loss, pussy.

Lmao. What a dumb ass little bitch he is. What does that even mean? Because last time I checked, his overrated team lost their last 3 games to end the season. So maybe they just aren't that good?? 

Capture.png