NHL 2020-2021

cactusflinthead

Always liked hockey but never got big into it, from Houston so no NHL team to interest me, although I always liked the Stars.

But this year my coworkers asked me to join a fantasy hockey league. Picked Connor McDavid with the second pick and David Pastrnak (was hurt when draft occurred) with the 19th. I’m in 1st haha. Only manager from south of Kansas in league.

Killin it! Been watching a lot of hockey. Adopted Edmonton as my squad here, by default, guy who picked first laments the McDavid pass often.

Hockey is awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:32 PM, The Earl of Texas said:

Always liked hockey but never got big into it, from Houston so no NHL team to interest me, although I always liked the Stars.

But this year my coworkers asked me to join a fantasy hockey league. Picked Connor McDavid with the second pick and David Pastrnak (was hurt when draft occurred) with the 19th. I’m in 1st haha. Only manager from south of Kansas in league.

Killin it! Been watching a lot of hockey. Adopted Edmonton as my squad here, by default, guy who picked first laments the McDavid pass often.

Hockey is awesome.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, you’d be car-less, homeless, & possession-less. 

Referee Tim Peel will not work another game in the NHL after getting caught saying he "wanted to give" the Nashville Predators a penalty in their win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night.

NHL senior executive vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell made the announcement Wednesday morning, saying that Peel would "no longer be working NHL games now or in the future."

Peel, 53, was due to retire after this season. He has been an NHL on-ice official since October 1999 and had refereed 1,334 games entering this season.

"Nothing is more important than ensuring the integrity of our game," Campbell said. "Tim Peel's conduct is in direct contradiction to the adherence to that cornerstone principle that we demand of our officials and that our fans, players, coaches and all those associated with our game expect and deserve. There is no justification for his comments, no matter the context or his intention, and the National Hockey League will take any and all steps necessary to protect the integrity of our game."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31127110/referee-tim-peel-banned-hot-mic-call-nashville-predators-penalty

• Haha 1

Damn, this sounds like big trouble:

More than half of the players on the Vancouver Canucks have tested positive for COVID-19, a source confirmed to ESPN. Additional names are expected to be added to the team's COVID-19 protocol list besides the 14 who appeared on Saturday.

Some players are symptomatic, and according to several sources there are a few who are in "rough shape." One Canucks player told ESPN he hadn't heard from a team representative about any players going to the hospital, but he had heard of teammates receiving IV treatments for severe dehydration, presumably at their homes. A source told ESPN that at least three Canucks coaches have tested positive for the virus as well. In addition, many family members of players have tested positive and are experiencing symptoms, according to sources.

"Fatigue, dehydration, the symptoms are intense," one agent of a Canucks player told ESPN. "It's knocked a lot of guys out. Some can't even get out of bed."

A source confirmed to ESPN on Saturday night that the more infectious P.1 variant of COVID-19, which was first found in Brazil, has been found among several of the cases affecting the Canucks, the first known cases of the new variant among NHL teams this year. That news was first reported by Canada's Postmedia. The Vancouver region has recently become a hotspot for the P.1 variant.

The NHL had initially planned on closing the Canucks' practice facility until at least April 6 with the team returning to action on April 8. However those dates are expected to be pushed back, as this is the worst outbreak for a team in the NHL this season. The NHL is hopeful that the Canucks will be able to resume play this season, though decisions will be made on scheduling in the next few days, as more information is gleaned about how players are recovering.

^it's pretty much the whole team now. sucks

and the trade blitz is on!
APRIL 7: New York Islanders acquire forwards Kyle Palmieri and Travis Zajac from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forwards A.J. Greer and Mason Jobst, a first-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft and a fourth-round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft. | Palmieri, Zajac traded to Islanders by Devils

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68