2020 Armed Forces Bowl - Miss State vs. Tulsa @ Fort Worth - 11am ESPN

texifornia

2 hours ago, Walser said:

Yeah shitty take by Leach. But he probably has not seen the footage and thinks it's just another skirmish.

If the Cloak Room gets boring in coming weeks this will give me something to be outraged about!

That said there needs to be some serious repercussions.

If I'm an SEC coach, I don't want that #4 playing.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, uh, leach with a fucking terrible take there. like, I've lost all respect i had for him. he had players group stomping a guy on the ground. fuck you, leach.

Did you ever have any respect for him?  Other than the kicking on the ground, #4 seems like Leach's personality to a T.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

#4 Malik Heath from Mississippi state could not be more proud of what he did. Bragging about it on all his social media accounts. 

For those that didn’t see, kicked a Tulsa player in the face while the player was on the ground, and then literally sprinted away like a pussy. 

Stunning display of cowardice, classlessness and lack of self-awareness.  He should go into politics.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The guy is a complete fucking douche. I’ll never understand why he gets a pass from so many here. 

Are we sure Leach is even a good coach any more?

He was innovative 20 years ago, but now his tactics are not cutting edge. His best year in a decade was 2018 at Washington State. The Cougs went 11-2 with some close wins luck. Their best win was a four point home game vs an unranked Utah. The Pac12 was incredibly weak that year with 4 loss Washington as the standard bearer. 

He was a douche when he was at OU (Stoops was happy to see him move on), but "douche" can be couched as "eccentric" when you're the master of a new offensive philosophy. When you're not winning, you're just a douche.

re: Leach a good coach or not.  Let history be the deciding factor.  Let's chart the next time Washington State goes 11-2.  I venture a guess that it will be sometime north of 10 years from 2018 before that happens again.  If so, then yeah, in 2020 Leach would be considered to be a good coach, imo.  Taking Washington State to 11-2 in 2018, I consider that to be a GREAT coaching job.    

Now, Leach is one coach who definitely is aware of his surroundings.  Sure he knocked the brawl off his shoulder, just like Robert Conrad would a battery.  Why?  Because he lives in the SEC, where...remember in the immortal words of Charles Barkley, "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin". 

He just won a bowl game, he doesn't care about how something may have looked, and he and his AD can always come out later and announce disciplinary actions for player or players to be delivered sometime in the future.  Nobody in Mississippi will remember the negativity of the brawl.  They will only remember Leach took a losing team into the bowl game and beat a ranked, winning team. 

If you happen to see this game upcoming on the channel guide, check out the Lockheed Martin promo at about 8:00 of the 1st Qtr, featuring the L-M CEO.  This guy has to be CGI.  Guy looks like the sleazy managing partner lawyer asshole in Better Call Saul.  Then you notice - nothing is moving but his lips.  A future Bond villain right there.

Fracasing MSU fucks should be required to clean the anal probe and "receptacle cow" at the semen collection barn all year.  Fracasing Tulsa fucks must watch 100 replays of this game, commercials included.

Washington State -all years with two losses or less:

1930 - 9-1

1997 - 10-2

2001 - 10-2

2018 - 11-2

Those stats put Leach among the top 3 coaches of all time at Washington State, imo. 

10 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

1930 - 9-1

1997 - 10-2

2001 - 10-2

2018 - 11-2

Those stats put Leach among the top 3 coaches of all time at Washington State, imo. 

damnit Mike, post something funny if you're going to get on here

• Haha 1

1930 - 9-1
                                 1997 - 10-2
                                 2001 - 10-2
                                 2018 - 11-2

I mean, I get it, but Moe, Larry and Curly could probably round out the top 6