A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Didn't Trump have several lawyers sitting right next to him during this phone call?
WTF were they doing?

Nodding their heads in agreement and giving high fives to each other when  the Trumpster delivered a zinger.  Because they have drank the Kool-Aid.

I think the most surprising part about the call, to me at least, is that he believes the shit coming out of his mouth. Obviously, he surrounds himself with yes men who tell him exactly what he wants to hear, but I always assumed that, deep down, he knew what he was doing and was laughing to himself about his ability to twist people up with lies, both positively and negatively. I think I was, somehow, giving him too much credit. He's just plain old dumb.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think the most surprising part about the call, to me at least, is that he believes the shit coming out of his mouth. Obviously, he surrounds himself with yes men who tell him exactly what he wants to hear, but I always assumed that, deep down, he knew what he was doing and was laughing to himself about his ability to twist people up with lies, both positively and negatively. I think I was, somehow, giving him too much credit. He's just plain old dumb.

I posted similar earlier. He’s not just dumb though. He’s fucking nuts. The 25th is for this exact situation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's amazing how many times this tweet has had relevance since October 1, 2016:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-24_at_11.08.29_AM.jp

Yes, but we found out it’s not really accurate. He doesn’t wriggle his way out of anything. People just ignore their responsibilities and LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It's ludicrous.  Kayleigh probably mumbled to Chanel that it was attorney-client privileged (because lawyers were there), while someone with a brain vigorously shook their head "no no no," so it became a "settlement conference."
Settlement conferences and negotiations, if this was one, are not admissible in court to prove liability in the underlying dispute.  They are admissible for all other purposes.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_408
Formal settlement conferences, i.e. mediations, are governed by that Rule as well as a confidentiality agreement signed by all parties and the mediator.
This wasn't a settlement conference.  There's nothing legally confidential about it. Georgia and DC are "one party" states, meaning only one party to a call need consent to recording.  That party can then make the recording public.

Quoting to repeat it, because it’s important. If they filed suit over the recording being released, the response should be an immediate motion for sanctions and attorneys fees. Settlement communications, except in very specific circumstances (eg, mediation - not at issue here) are not confidential. Period. And there’s certainly no cause of action. It’s a bad faith suit. The lawyers should be immediately sanctioned. No need for a hearing even.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Quoting to repeat it, because it’s important. If they filed suit over the recording being released, the response should be an immediate motion for sanctions and attorneys fees. Settlement communications, except in very specific circumstances (eg, mediation - not at issue here) are not confidential. Period. And there’s certainly no cause of action. It’s a bad faith suit. The lawyers should be immediately sanctioned. No need for a hearing even.

I really want to see the suit.  Probably subject to the SLAPP statute too.

• Hook 'Em 1

A definition of masculinity so depraved it defies belief.

Also, I’m not sure what the hubbub is all about. During the impeachment, Senate republicans admitted that the president attempted extortion in support of his election efforts. They said it was no big deal then, so why should we fuss now when he does the same thing on tape? It’s what the president does. We could have avoided this like a year ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

I assume they got a retainer. This is Donald Trump we're talking about.
Billing is fine.  You eventually have to collect, and that’s going to be a problem.
Can't be paid. Cleta is partner at BigLaw firm. She is working in her capacity as a private citizen. Partnership agreement prevents her maintaining any private practice outside firm.

We won very substantially in Georgia. You even see it by rally size, frankly. We'd be getting 25-30,000 people a rally and the competition would get less than 100 people. And it never made sense.”

Ho-lee shit! He won ‘cause boat parades.

So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state.

No problem fam.....11,781 coming up!

I have to find 12,000 votes and I have them times a lot. And therefore, I won the state.

I thought you said 11,781???

Trump: No, we do have a way but I don't want to get into it. We found a way in other states excuse me, but we don't need it because we're only down 11,000 votes so we don't even need it. I personally think they're corrupt as hell. But we don't need that. Because all we have to do Cleta is find 11,000-plus votes. So we don't need that.

I mean, we cheated in other states with big numbers, so we only need some minor cheating here guys....guys?

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Did someone already post about DC's mayor? Asking citizens to stay home for the next few days and away from the Trump rally stuff in the capitol to avoid mayhem and unrest.

The social media right-wing freakout du jour is claiming the DC Mayor closed all hotels, grocery stores, etc. 

She did no such thing.  She closed museums and indoor dining.  Hotels are open, grocery stores are open, the list goes on, but the Proud boys and girls are all stocking up on supplies and camping gear because they are convinced the city is shut down in advance of their "rally".

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The social media right-wing freakout du jour is claiming the DC Mayor closed all hotels, grocery stores, etc. 

She did no such thing.  She closed museums and indoor dining.  Hotels are open, grocery stores are open, the list goes on, but the Proud boys and girls are all stocking up on supplies and camping gear because they are convinced the city is shut down in advance of their "rally".

We'll find out that Academy and other sporting goods stores put the rumors out on social media that there everything was closed and people needed to stock up on camping and outdoor supplies.

25 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I found the whole 11,780 votes especially funny.

Like, “Just fix it so I win by one vote! They’ll never get suspicious about that!”.

It’s just so stupid.

look, i could use a few million bucks, that would be nice. but all i need right now is  like 25 grand, that would hold me over.  

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Didn't Trump have several lawyers sitting right next to him during this phone call?
WTF were they doing?

you ever heard of maurice levy?  clients like trump are an atm machine*, just let them keep being themselves. 

what else are the attorneys supposed to do?

liar liar stop breaking the law asshole GIF by Jerology

* as long as they get paid from the “stop the steal” fundraising effort

6 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What incentive does Pence have to pardon Trump?

His political future.  Many people still don’t fully understand the dynamics of the current GOP and I’m not talking about the politicians, I’m talking about the voters.  They are the cult.  If Pence is given the opportunity to pardon Trump but refuses it will be seen as a betrayal by the cult and Trump will make it perceived as a betrayal.  The precedent set by Ford pardoning Nixon is Trump’s best chance to avoid federal prosecution.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I found the whole 11,780 votes especially funny.

Like, “Just fix it so I win by one vote! They’ll never get suspicious about that!”.

It’s just so stupid.

Completely absurd.

Dotard’s pea-brain thinks it’s like an NFL challenge review.

The ruling on the field of a Biden victory in Georgia is under further review.

Upon further review, the President’s foot was in bounds at the 11,780 yard line.

Therefore, the ruling on the field is reversed. The result of the play is a Dotard touchdown.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Makes you wonder what calls we do not know about. Is there any doubt that he hasn’t spoken to military leaders asking them how to keep him in power?

Why do you think those 10 DoD Secretaries had to say “military don’t play that?” Because the generals begged them to.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Makes you wonder what calls we do not know about. Is there any doubt that he hasn’t spoken to military leaders asking them how to keep him in power?

Im sure there are thousands upon thousands of presidential phone calls over the years that would make the citizenry blanch for various reasons.

But somewhere in the Trump White House, there is some variety of storage device with thousands of the stupidest, most banal shakedowns in the history of world politics.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Why do you think those 10 DoD Secretaries had to say “military don’t play that?” Because the generals begged them to.

I doubt they begged them to, but I’m sure they passed on all the fuckery they were seeing and hearing in the hopes that someone they trusted would raise some stink about it. The people in uniform are in a supremely shitty spot about this. It’s easy to say they should just publicly denounce Trump but that’s a massive conflict with their duties and would break faith with the CiC as an office. Yes, Trump deserves that break, but the effects would last beyond him.  The military is doing everything possible to stay apolitical. 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Player said:

Completely absurd.

Dotard’s pea-brain thinks it’s like an NFL challenge review.

The ruling on the field of a Biden victory in Georgia is under further review.

Upon further review, the President’s foot was in bounds at the 11,780 yard line.

Therefore, the ruling on the field is reversed. The result of the play is a Dotard touchdown.

That's aggie politics right there.

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Trump is scurrying around trying to find a way to make a Sharpie drawing that illustrates he never made that phone call.

FIFY...signs affixed to all Trump properties: Trump--American President National Champion *(1861-2008), 2016-2020, 2021-????

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I doubt they begged them to, but I’m sure they passed on all the fuckery they were seeing and hearing in the hopes that someone they trusted would raise some stink about it. The people in uniform are in a supremely shitty spot about this. It’s easy to say they should just publicly denounce Trump but that’s a massive conflict with their duties and would break faith with the CiC as an office. Yes, Trump deserves that break, but the effects would last beyond him.  The military is doing everything possible to stay apolitical. 

Good post.  As much as it seems incumbent on military leaders to denounce him, and as much as many would probably like to, they represent a constitutional entity with a specified place in the scheme.  It is probably wise of them not to break that constitutional norm.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Good post.  As much as it seems incumbent on military leaders to denounce him, and as much as many would probably like to, they represent a constitutional entity with a specified place in the scheme.  It is probably wise of them not to break that constitutional norm.

I agree, but I'm not well versed in how the military conducts itself during times of unrest. W/O going back and rereading some of the protest threads, can you or someone give me a rundown on the procedure for this week if things were to go south during the next two plus days of Proud Boys/MAGA stuff? That's the National Guard that would handle that? (If it were beyond the local PD capabilities). The Homeland Security troops?

(It's separate from the convo regarding the defense leaders recent statement, but seems pertinent to the discussion as Trump appears prepared to go that route. He admires force. He is gleeful at violence. He wants people hurt.)

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement