A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

How much money you wanna bet less than 100 people die total in all this BS over the next whatever time period you want to put on it.  A year?  There might be an isolated incident or two but that's it.  Only gullible folks believe these dumbfucks actually have the stomach for any real war.  I mean holy shit - those pathetic incel dudes have killed more people.  Literally...teen boys who can't get laid have killed more people than these scary trumptard 'patriots' ever will.  Fuck them - just point and laugh.  

Edit: There's quite a bit of overlap between the two groups...

I agree with this - I do think a bunch of unarmed people are going to show up and fuck around, but I think they will be incredibly wary of actually doing something like we saw the other day.  They are watching too many of their brethren being arrested, losing jobs, watching their businesses and families go under.

Most of these people are pretty fucking soft.

Silencing people will make all the divisions in our country go away. Nothing to see here. Fucking just ban all social media and throw it in the garbage. We all have to live with each other even those we can’t stand and find their views deplorable. Parler can serve as a pressure release valve for Trumpists to fire off an angry Parler tweet or whatever the fuck they are called. This is going to radicalize people even further
No it's not. Radicals will find a way to radicalize. You think Al Queda depends soley on twitter to recruit?
Why would Y'all Queda be different?
Arrest people breaking serious laws even if they are white and see what happens. Maybe as a country we should start applying Equal protection and Equal enforcement?
  • Like 1

Uh no - I don't think that minority was really going to do a damn fucking thing.  Because the minute anything real started to take place they'd be lit up like the 4th of July night sky...
They had a chance to jump and beat Lindsey's bitch ass just today.  What did they do?  Yell a bunch of dumb shit and take cell phone videos.  Come the fuck on.  

Lady G was surrounded by police.

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Maybe they should stop using social media to incite violence and insurection?

Parler is a platform and is viewpoint neutral. It is not Goebbels ministry of propaganda. Any tool can be used to further violence. Apple is not disabling Telegram, WhatsApp and Facebook. Telegram especially has been used by radical groups. They did go after a platform favored by the right. That is not going to go over well

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Now, will they suspend the @potus account to keep him from hijacking it for the time being?

Goddammit.

Edit:  he used it about 4 minutes ago, and now it's been suspended or some such.

ErQPh0_WMAUPe0m?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Parler is a platform and is viewpoint neutral. It is not Goebbels ministry of propaganda. Any tool can be used to further violence. Apple is not disabling Telegram, WhatsApp and Facebook. Telegram especially has been used by radical groups. They did go after a platform favored by the right. That is not going to go over well

Tim and Sundar did Jack a solid.

34 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Silencing people will make all the divisions in our country go away. Nothing to see here. Fucking just ban all social media and throw it in the garbage. We all have to live with each other even those we can’t stand and find their views deplorable. Parler can serve as a pressure release valve for Trumpists to fire off an angry Parler tweet or whatever the fuck they are called. This is going to radicalize people even further

You can probably go on Twitter right now and say "[insert whatever politician here] is a stupid fucking asshole and I hate him!" and your account will stay up. 

If you go on there and call for violent insurrection against the US government it probably won't.

If you can't see the difference between those two things and consider the fact you can't do the second one "being silenced" then I can't help you.

Edited by Continental Op
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Especially after they killed a cop, damn near killed another, and made the rest of them look bad.

And the night shift didn't fuck around when these folks were driven off of Capitol grounds.

I like the part at 0:45 where dude's got his back turned to the cops taking a selfie and gets shoved straight to the ground.  That was awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think disabling the app is a dangerous move and is like throwing gas on a fire. It’s going to amp up the persecution complex of his followers and does nothing to cool things down. Parler their own terms of service against incitement of violence. It’s a bad look and it will piss off your regular joe conservative. It’s too broad of a net being cast 

If the Apple store doesn't leave up the app where people are planning violence the people on the app might plan violence!

Maybe don’t hang out with a bunch of treasonous assholes and fucking get over yourselves.

They stormed a sitting session of Congress, trying to disrupt a Constitutional process.  They killed a police officer.
How much fucking farther can they be radicalized?
For fuck's sake, some of them were carrying zip ties to capture people.

How much money you wanna bet less than 100 people die total in all this BS over the next whatever time period you want to put on it.  A year?  There might be an isolated incident or two but that's it.  Only gullible folks believe these dumbfucks actually have the stomach for any real war.  I mean holy shit - those pathetic incel dudes have killed more people.  Literally...teen boys who can't get laid have killed more people than these scary trumptard 'patriots' ever will.  Fuck them - just point and laugh.  
Edit: There's quite a bit of overlap between the two groups...

Macklemore, you’re a dumbfuck. Sorry your masturbatory platform for feeding violent delusion got pulled. The answer is “don’t plan murders.” And not only does apple have a right not to host murder planning, it has a moral and social obligation not to.

Make it harder for terrorists to fire each other up and recruit people to violent action. That’s how a civil society works. It won’t make them go away, but it will make it harder for them.

And Chitown....you’re either gonna be really right, or really wrong. The death toll is either going to be a handful, or it’s going to be hundreds or thousands - because Oklahoma City. That’s all it takes. One or two radicals attacking the communist Biden government, in a blaze of glory for their god Trump.

I’ll take the over, because pessimism and the ledge and all that. But admit it....it’s already gotten worse than you thought it would. And I hope I’m the one buying you a drink because you were right.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He's one of the GOP4LYFE chucklefucks who ran away when they saw that they were wrong and everyone else was right as their party turned into a complete shitshow under Trump so instead they post political hot takes all over other boards on surly.

Yeesh, tough crowd this evening.

Agree that I have watched the Republican Party turn to compete dogshit, but I am definitely not posting political hot takes all over other boards. I’ve just decided my life is better when I’m not arguing with internet strangers over political opinions that aren’t going to change for me or someone else. 

Even though I agree with probably 2% of the people that post in this forum, I don’t hate anyone here. And I try to not personally attack people even though that’s hard in the cloak room for many. Easier for me to just observe and not post here regularly 🤷‍♂️

On 1/7/2021 at 5:47 PM, Eastwood said:

The interesting thing about the blanket self pardon is that accepting a pardon is also a waiver of the Fifth Amendment right of avoiding self-incriminating. So, if he issues a blanket pardon, there might be nothing to stop the DoJ from issuing subpoena after subpoena into perpetuity compelling him to spill anything and everything about anything and everything. Business associates, family members, foreign governments... And he would have to answer under the penalty of perjury, which is a brand new offense and one he could not pardon himself of.

Also, the pardon does nothing about the NY case. That's why I don't think a pardon is in order. He's fleeing the country and he might do so from Camp David where the authorities can't stop him on the tarmac.

And you know he can't tell the truth to save himself.

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean all of these social media sites understand that they're admitting that they enabled all of this, right?

Exactly, they know de-programming the crazies is going to be our next great challenge after beating COVID and they will have to play the biggest role.  Get on board now or fuck around and find out.

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I agree with this - I do think a bunch of unarmed people are going to show up and fuck around, but I think they will be incredibly wary of actually doing something like we saw the other day.  They are watching too many of their brethren being arrested, losing jobs, watching their businesses and families go under.

Most of these people are pretty fucking soft.

Are the arrests and firings being reported inside their echo chamber?  I honestly don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if those stories are being suppressed in order to keep the crazies riled up believing there will be no consequences.

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You can post all the conservative content that you'd like on any of those platforms for all I care...unless you believe that inciting violence in inherently conservative. Look, for all its flaws, Facebook does have a mechanism for moderating content. I don't agree with a lot of their decisions, but it's there. Parler claims to not moderate in spite of their terms of service, which they apparently don't enforce anyway.

And we already have plenty of evidence of Parler's abuse from screenshots over the last couple of days. Your claim that it's being used to "just blow off steam" doesn't hold water in that light. It's being used explicitly for the purpose of promoting and planning another terrorist attack by certain fucked up elements of our population. Again, you're allowed (and frankly should be encouraged) to express your 1st amendment rights on any of those platforms SO LONG AS YOU DON'T PROMOTE VIOLENCE.

I'm becoming an old, so I don't really know what goes on with WhatsApp or Telegram. If those apps are being abused/used to assist in promoting insurrection of our democracy, then fucking ban those too.

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

And you know he can't tell the truth to save himself.

Something dotard hasn’t thought about. 

How many good law dogs will kill their careers by defending him against those kind of charges?

Me thinks number is very small and fees will all be upfront. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Macklemore, you’re a dumbfuck. Sorry your masturbatory platform for feeding violent delusion got pulled. The answer is “don’t plan murders.” And not only does apple have a right not to host murder planning, it has a moral and social obligation not to.

Make it harder for terrorists to fire each other up and recruit people to violent action. That’s how a civil society works. It won’t make them go away, but it will make it harder for them.

And Chitown....you’re either gonna be really right, or really wrong. The death toll is either going to be a handful, or it’s going to be hundreds or thousands - because Oklahoma City. That’s all it takes. One or two radicals attacking the communist Biden government, in a blaze of glory for their god Trump.

I’ll take the over, because pessimism and the ledge and all that. But admit it....it’s already gotten worse than you thought it would. And I hope I’m the one buying you a drink because you were right.

Brother Brisket - the actual death toll / injuries absolutely has not gotten worse than I thought.   And when it comes to rhetoric and bullshit - I actually was constantly arguing with Trump morons that the minute they lose they would riot and break shit the exact same way BLM/antifa did - guess what?  They handled losing exactly how I thought they would...lots of crying and breaking shit.  "Hey at least Trump supporters don't destroy our city durrrrr..."  Yeah, they only trash our nation's capital.  Fucking morons. 

Going back years... I would constantly tell a shitload of acquaintances - many of who became trumptards - our country wasn't going to be attacked by a bunch of crazy muslims from within.  This was well after 9/11.  Yes we saw some isolated incidents.  But it never felt like there was something like a coordinated attack on the way.  Some crazies that went off and killed a few here and there (still sad) but I see these dipshits in the same light.  

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Especially after they killed a cop, damn near killed another, and made the rest of them look bad.

And the night shift didn't fuck around when these folks were driven off of Capitol grounds.

Oh yes, no kid gloves.  Capital police mall cop fuckery is over bitches. 

15 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

You can probably go on Twitter right now and say "[insert whatever politician here] is a stupid fucking asshole and I hate him!" and your account will stay up. 

the really sad thing is that trump got away with 100x what he should've on twitter because he was the president.

mock accounts were created just to literally parrot every tweet of his and were banned within days.

even if they give him his private account back on jan 20th at noon, he'll have violated tos and banned again by dinner.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Brother Brisket - the actual death toll / injuries absolutely has not gotten worse than I thought.   And when it comes to rhetoric and bullshit - I actually was constantly arguing with Trump morons that the minute they lose they would riot and break shit the exact same way BLM/antifa did - guess what?  They handled losing exactly how I thought they would...lots of crying and breaking shit.  "Hey at least Trump supporters don't destroy our city durrrrr..."  Yeah, they only trash our nation's capital.  Fucking morons. 

Going back years... I would constantly tell a shitload of acquaintances - many of who became trumptards - our country wasn't going to be attacked by a bunch of crazy muslims from within.  This was well after 9/11.  Yes we saw some isolated incidents.  But it never felt like there was something like a coordinated attack on the way.  Some crazies that went off and killed a few here and there (still sad) but I see these dipshits in the same light.  

It's different now. There was a glimmer of hope that Trump would stay in power. Now, they are activated. Trump finally had his power stripped from him, the chosen one in their eyes. I hope I'm wrong, but this is going to get ugly and for years. 

Keep it mind, a third of the population supports this man. From a scale issue, you have to assume that's a lot of potential for violence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

They were more than welcome to enforce their own fucking guidelines about violence and hate speech instead of, you know, allowing extremists to plan and organize the events of the 6th and, from the looks of it, more to come.

But any moderation is a violation of free speech!

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I never believed that these folks would go on a killing spree after the election either. 99.99999999 percent of the cult will never commit an act of killing because that means you are going to jail and you are not getting out of that charge. I would expect them to find a way to continue to communicate, but now the DOJ will coordinate again with the rest of the country and squash things before they get to the point they got to this week. Anyone expecting an all-out civil war is taking things several bridges too far.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 3

How many of us are confident the NG is going to protect the people it needs to protect?

And:

37 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

No it's not. Radicals will find a way to radicalize. You think Al Queda depends soley on twitter to recruit?
Why would Y'all Queda be different?
Arrest people breaking serious laws even if they are white and see what happens. Maybe as a country we should start applying Equal protection and Equal enforcement?

We have historical precedent here, correct? What happened to Nat Turner? John Brown? (One of the terms used in John Brown’s execution trial was insurrection).

Facing that type of sentence such as those men did might highlight just how unjust the system these ‘patriots’ think they suffer is. These modern day insurrection and seditionists have no earthly idea. 

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

34 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean all of these social media sites understand that they're admitting that they enabled all of this, right?

I, for one, welcome our new technocratic overlords.

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

It's different now. There was a glimmer of hope that Trump would stay in power. Now, they are activated. Trump finally had his power stripped from him, the chosen one in their eyes. I hope I'm wrong, but this is going to get ugly and for years. 

Keep it mind, a third of the population supports this man. From a scale issue, you have to assume that's a lot of potential for violence. 

Just going by the numbers a decent % of those are a realistic domestic terrorism threat. I hate to think it, but chances are one of those fuckwits is going to do or attempt to do something awful. It's fucking sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Maybe I like to read what people think. I have a subscription to the WSJ and the NYT and read both for different viewpoints. That used to be an American way of doing things. Not anymore - sticking with a preferred echo chamber of your choosing is the new reality 

The Trump movement has now committed a terrorist attack on American soil. How much consideration should we give to the intellectual underpinnings of the movement that believes that invading the Capitol building will stop the election and resurrect JFK Jr. or whatever? Did we demand that Bin Laden's videos be broadcast nightly so the radical Muslim terrorists could "blow off steam" or so we could soberly consider their viewpoint?

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So how soon before he calls an emergency press conference or tries to broadcast a statement on TV

if wednesday happened at any point in the past 200 years, the president would've made a public statement.  trump can make one whenever he wants, and the press will cover it.  my guess is he waits til tomorrow and makes it all about twitter.

call it a hunch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if wednesday happened at any point in the past 200 years, the president would've made a public statement.  trump can make one whenever he wants, and the press will cover it.  my guess is he waits til tomorrow and makes it all about twitter.

call it a hunch.

Meh. He'll squeeze whatever indignant rage he can still get out of Kayleigh and have her do it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01/capitol-riot-senior-trump-official-calls-him-a-fascist.html

On Friday afternoon, 48 hours after the U.S. Capitol was stormed by violent insurrectionists encouraged by Donald Trump in an attempt to overthrow the government in protest of his election loss, a senior member of his administration spoke to me while he was driving to work.

“This is confirmation of so much that everyone has said for years now — things that a lot of us thought were hyperbolic. We’d say, ‘Trump’s not a fascist,’ or ‘He’s not a wannabe dictator.’ Now, it’s like, ‘Well, what do you even say in response to that now?’”

For four years, people like this official — lifelong Republican operatives — have convinced themselves that Trump’s obvious faults were worth tolerating if it meant implementing a conservative policy agenda. These officials believed the benefits of remaking the courts with conservative justices, or passing tax reform, outweighed the risks that a Trump presidency posed to democracy and to the reputation of the country in the world. Now, at the eleventh hour, with twelve days left before Joe Biden is sworn into office, it’s clear to some that it was always a delusion.

“This is like a plot straight out of the later, sucky seasons of House of Cards where they just go full evil and say, ‘Let’s spark mass protests and start wars and whatever,’” the senior administration official said.

“I went through Access Hollywood, Charlottesville — all of these insane things. There’s some degree of growing accustomed to the craziness. It’s not like my heart is racing, like, Oh, God, how am I supposed to react to this? It’s just more that I’m depressed. For people who devoted years of their lives to dealing with the insanity in an attempt to advance a policy agenda that you believe in, all of that has been wiped out. The legacy of the Trump administration is going to be that the president sparked an insurrection and people died because he tried his best to not abide by the Constitution and the tradition of a peaceful transition of power that’s been the norm since our founding. Nothing else is even going to be a side note.”

Spoiler

Trump’s world has grown ever smaller as the damage he inflicts on the United States continues to swell. Wednesday’s attack on the Capitol, which left five dead, including a police officer, prompted resignations in the administration and calls for Trump to do the same and threats — from Democratic and Republican lawmakers — of a second impeachment as well as vaguer discussions about the 25th Amendment. Trump is an increasingly symbolic figure — Norma Desmond with the nuclear codes and sycophantic butlers in his ears on a West Wing Sunset Boulevard soundstage. With no power left to grab, many staffers spent the weeks following November 3 making themselves scarce, plotting their post-White House careers, avoiding the president’s calls.

But many others are keeping their heads down and keeping their jobs, citing, among other self-serving interests, a desire to remain on their health care plans, according to my interviews with staffers. Others justify their continued employment by citing the demands of the continuity of government.

“There’s not a single person I have talked to at any level, from 23-year-old assistants to members of the Cabinet, who are not disgusted and ashamed with what has happened,” the senior administration official said, adding that the conversations among remaining officials were about how to handle the next twelve days before Joe Biden’s administration — and whether to continue to be a part of the transition of power at all. “It’s different for everybody. If you’re a regular domestic policy staffer in the West Wing or the EEOB, the implications of you quitting are different than if you’re a senior national security official, or you’re tasked with contributing to the continuity of government.”

“We are in a terrible spot,” the official said, “You can’t just say, ‘Well, this is outrageous and I quit’ in this situation.”

Trump’s inner circle has contracted amid the self-created chaos and carnage. For this reason, resignations have not had much of an effect on him directly. “He may not even notice,” one adviser said. “People aren’t around to begin with. There aren’t policy meetings with the president and eight or ten people in there anymore.”

Advisers have expressed concern and anger over Mark Meadows, the chief of staff, whose actions have been perceived as an effort to secure employment with Trump in his post-presidency, perhaps at the Trump Organization.  “Jared has been telling people, ‘Don’t even deal with him anymore,’” one adviser said. “Mark’s responsible for bringing kook after crazy after conniver after Rudy into the West Wing.” A former senior White House official said, “Morale plummeted under him, huge mistakes were made — and now he’s scrambling to stick around after. He’s a dishonest asshole who pretends to be this religious Southern gentleman. Fuck that.”

The senior administration official put it this way: “The only way it gets to this point are a thousand really bad small decisions. The first time Sidney Powell calls the White House switchboard and is allowed to speak to the president, the next thing you know she and others are in the West Wing — these are areas where the chief of staff has unilateral authority to do what he wants to do.” Instead, the official said, Meadows tells Trump what he wants to hear, and often calls whomever Trump has directed him to call, repeats what Trump told him to say, and then apologizes, explaining that he just needs to be able to tell the boss that he followed his orders.

Meanwhile, the yes-men are countered mostly by the lawyers, who have tried to convey to Trump that he has put himself at risk of prosecution — not just by inciting Wednesday’s riot, for which the Justice Department is reportedly open to pursuing charges — but for his phone call to Georgia election officials, in which he attempted to pressure them to overturn the results, as well as in the many ongoing investigations related to his businesses and finances.

“It’s a lot to adjust to. If you think you’re going to be there for four more years, it’s a bit jarring,” the adviser said. “The smart lawyers have gotten to him. It’s all hit him since yesterday: You may have legal exposure from yesterday. You definitely have legal exposure from other things. You have less than two weeks to remain ensconced in here with executive privilege.” 

This adviser, who spoke to Trump on Wednesday amid the siege, said Trump watched the events on television intently. CNN reported that he was so excited by the action, it “freaked out” some staffers around him. The adviser told me that Trump expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how “low class” his supporters looked. “He doesn’t like low class things,” the adviser said, explaining that Trump had a similar reaction over the summer to a video of Brad Parscale, his former campaign manager, shirtless and drinking a beer in his driveway during a mental health emergency in which police tackled him and seized his weapons. “He kept mentioning, ‘Oh, did you see him in his beer shirt?’ He was annoyed. To him, it’s just low class, in other words.”

The adviser said that Trump recently offered them a pardon, although they have not been charged with any crime. The adviser “politely declined.” Others are taking Trump’s pardon offers more seriously, whether they’ve been investigated or are at risk of jail time or not. “He’s just talking up a storm about giving pardons to allies: His kids, and their significant others, and staffers. He’s pretty generous with the offers. When you’re offered one, it’s like, Should I take it? Is it like insurance?”

One person close to Trump’s legal team told me that the lawyers have struggled to get his attention. “He’s sort of turning on everybody. The president is so visceral, he just can’t hear people unless he can respect them. And he thinks everybody’s a traitor, even the people who got him through impeachment. It’s just nuts.”

• Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is how we got here because centrist always thought if you met the republicans have way then they would be reasonable. This group of people will always play the persecution card, etc. you can’t meet them half way. Deplatformining works. 

Should have ave been done a long time ago and only politically expedient for the tech companies to do it now bc Ds will be in charge. 

19 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh yes, no kid gloves.  Capital police mall cop fuckery is over bitches. 

That was not mall cop fuckery. That was being complicit in an insurrection attempt. Did you expect that line to get crossed? I didn't. Everything the mob of morons did was just as expected, but not what the Capitol Police did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01/capitol-riot-senior-trump-official-calls-him-a-fascist.html

Hide contents

Trump’s world has grown ever smaller as the damage he inflicts on the United States continues to swell. Wednesday’s attack on the Capitol, which left five dead, including a police officer, prompted resignations in the administration and calls for Trump to do the same and threats — from Democratic and Republican lawmakers — of a second impeachment as well as vaguer discussions about the 25th Amendment. Trump is an increasingly symbolic figure — Norma Desmond with the nuclear codes and sycophantic butlers in his ears on a West Wing Sunset Boulevard soundstage. With no power left to grab, many staffers spent the weeks following November 3 making themselves scarce, plotting their post-White House careers, avoiding the president’s calls.

But many others are keeping their heads down and keeping their jobs, citing, among other self-serving interests, a desire to remain on their health care plans, according to my interviews with staffers. Others justify their continued employment by citing the demands of the continuity of government.

“There’s not a single person I have talked to at any level, from 23-year-old assistants to members of the Cabinet, who are not disgusted and ashamed with what has happened,” the senior administration official said, adding that the conversations among remaining officials were about how to handle the next twelve days before Joe Biden’s administration — and whether to continue to be a part of the transition of power at all. “It’s different for everybody. If you’re a regular domestic policy staffer in the West Wing or the EEOB, the implications of you quitting are different than if you’re a senior national security official, or you’re tasked with contributing to the continuity of government.”

“We are in a terrible spot,” the official said, “You can’t just say, ‘Well, this is outrageous and I quit’ in this situation.”

Trump’s inner circle has contracted amid the self-created chaos and carnage. For this reason, resignations have not had much of an effect on him directly. “He may not even notice,” one adviser said. “People aren’t around to begin with. There aren’t policy meetings with the president and eight or ten people in there anymore.”

Advisers have expressed concern and anger over Mark Meadows, the chief of staff, whose actions have been perceived as an effort to secure employment with Trump in his post-presidency, perhaps at the Trump Organization.  “Jared has been telling people, ‘Don’t even deal with him anymore,’” one adviser said. “Mark’s responsible for bringing kook after crazy after conniver after Rudy into the West Wing.” A former senior White House official said, “Morale plummeted under him, huge mistakes were made — and now he’s scrambling to stick around after. He’s a dishonest asshole who pretends to be this religious Southern gentleman. Fuck that.”

The senior administration official put it this way: “The only way it gets to this point are a thousand really bad small decisions. The first time Sidney Powell calls the White House switchboard and is allowed to speak to the president, the next thing you know she and others are in the West Wing — these are areas where the chief of staff has unilateral authority to do what he wants to do.” Instead, the official said, Meadows tells Trump what he wants to hear, and often calls whomever Trump has directed him to call, repeats what Trump told him to say, and then apologizes, explaining that he just needs to be able to tell the boss that he followed his orders.

Meanwhile, the yes-men are countered mostly by the lawyers, who have tried to convey to Trump that he has put himself at risk of prosecution — not just by inciting Wednesday’s riot, for which the Justice Department is reportedly open to pursuing charges — but for his phone call to Georgia election officials, in which he attempted to pressure them to overturn the results, as well as in the many ongoing investigations related to his businesses and finances.

“It’s a lot to adjust to. If you think you’re going to be there for four more years, it’s a bit jarring,” the adviser said. “The smart lawyers have gotten to him. It’s all hit him since yesterday: You may have legal exposure from yesterday. You definitely have legal exposure from other things. You have less than two weeks to remain ensconced in here with executive privilege.” 

This adviser, who spoke to Trump on Wednesday amid the siege, said Trump watched the events on television intently. CNN reported that he was so excited by the action, it “freaked out” some staffers around him. The adviser told me that Trump expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how “low class” his supporters looked. “He doesn’t like low class things,” the adviser said, explaining that Trump had a similar reaction over the summer to a video of Brad Parscale, his former campaign manager, shirtless and drinking a beer in his driveway during a mental health emergency in which police tackled him and seized his weapons. “He kept mentioning, ‘Oh, did you see him in his beer shirt?’ He was annoyed. To him, it’s just low class, in other words.”

The adviser said that Trump recently offered them a pardon, although they have not been charged with any crime. The adviser “politely declined.” Others are taking Trump’s pardon offers more seriously, whether they’ve been investigated or are at risk of jail time or not. “He’s just talking up a storm about giving pardons to allies: His kids, and their significant others, and staffers. He’s pretty generous with the offers. When you’re offered one, it’s like, Should I take it? Is it like insurance?”

One person close to Trump’s legal team told me that the lawyers have struggled to get his attention. “He’s sort of turning on everybody. The president is so visceral, he just can’t hear people unless he can respect them. And he thinks everybody’s a traitor, even the people who got him through impeachment. It’s just nuts.”

Wait. So a NYC billionaire actually doesn’t feel a sense of solidarity with realtors and hillbillies from places like Tyler and Conway, Arkansas? 

31 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Is freerepublic about to get a new poster? 

I'm not saying I do, I'm uh, talking about a friend, but it's enjoyable that so many freepers, and people with FR socks, are getting riled up over on FR over the fact that Cruz called them terrorists and said they committed a terrorist act.

32 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Yeesh, tough crowd this evening.

Agree that I have watched the Republican Party turn to compete dogshit, but I am definitely not posting political hot takes all over other boards. I’ve just decided my life is better when I’m not arguing with internet strangers over political opinions that aren’t going to change for me or someone else. 

Even though I agree with probably 2% of the people that post in this forum, I don’t hate anyone here. And I try to not personally attack people even though that’s hard in the cloak room for many. Easier for me to just observe and not post here regularly 🤷‍♂️

I guess you do accidentally raise a valid alternative hypothesis for your absence. Once we decided to start calling stupid posts and opinions what they are (you know, stupid) instead of trying to slowly help those posters see how dumb they were being your participation dropped off. 

And that's how this political forum in a GOP state never saw any volume of posts with stupid bullshit about the election being stolen or other Q nonsense. Versus TexAgs, for example. 

So it worked I guess? 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement