A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

The family might need security from their own supporters as more and more of them realized they were scammed out of their love, time and money. I mean you hate the guy that is scamming your buddy when he doesn't realize it but not as much as he hates the scammer once he finally gets it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If he's convicted by the Senate he loses all SS protection right?

Probably not. Would it mean he couldn't still be called Mr. President though?

As for stripping Trump of the benefits afforded to former presidents, the Former Presidents Act addresses eligibility for benefits — such as the pension, staff and an annual “security and travel” allowance. The act says those benefits would not apply to a president whose service is terminated “by removal pursuant to section 4 of article II of the Constitution of the United States of America,” which addresses impeachment and removal from office. (The emphasis is ours.)

It appears unlikely that a potential Senate trial — and therefore any possible conviction — would take place before Trump leaves office on Jan. 20. (We also note that there is some legal debate over the process of conducting an impeachment trial after a president leaves office.)

Josh Blackman, a professor at the South Texas College of Law Houston, argues that in his reading of the law, the exclusion of benefits would not apply to a president who is convicted in the Senate after having already left office.

“If Trump is impeached before January 20, and convicted after January 20, he would still be a ‘former President,'” Blackman wrote in a Jan. 10 post on Reason.com. “Why? A ‘former President’ cannot be removed from a position he no longer holds.”

Smith, the George Washington University professor, said that was a reasonable read of the law’s text but also said there could, in theory, be judges who would find that Congress meant to disqualify presidents who are convicted in an impeachment trial — and that it hadn’t considered presidents convicted after leaving office.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Great.  He's gonna have all of them live on a Trump property for the next 6 months, charge $6000 a night per room needed for the agents, plus whatever else he feels like grifting, and have a tidy sum to pay towards one of his upcoming loans legal retainers (if they can find lawyers at all).

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

if i had known this was going to move to the Daily Texan, I would have added "with all due respect". Also, twice impeached.

You even wrote that before he led a terrorist attack trying to overthrow the government where cops were beaten with American, blue lives matter, and Trump flags, and many of his supporters just shrugged their shoulders and started complaining about censorship and persecution. With all due respect to any terrorist sympathizers on the board of course. 

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The saddest part of the Trump presidency is that he identified a segment of American society that was really hurting and exploited them for his political and monetary gain.  They believed in and loved him, because he was the only person to appear to give a shit about them in a long time.  They loved him so much, they went so far as to risk their freedom for him in a violent insurrection.  And when it was time for him to have their back, he just abandoned them.

He didn’t just abandon them. He sold them down the river. He promised to prosecute and punish his own most devoted supporters as criminals. Because they did exactly what he asked them to do!

Trump is by far the most disloyal, cowardly, and dishonorable president this country has ever seen.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The saddest part of the Trump presidency is that he identified a segment of American society that was really hurting and exploited them for his political and monetary gain.  They believed in and loved him, because he was the only person to appear to give a shit about them in a long time.  They loved him so much, they went so far as to risk their freedom for him in a violent insurrection.  And when it was time for him to have their back, he just abandoned them.

I don't know what to say to those people other than this:  Now you kinda, sorta know what a Syrian Kurd feels like.

DAAAAAAAMN.

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

He didn’t just abandon them. He sold them down the river. He promised to prosecute and punish his own most devoted supporters as criminals. Because they did exactly what he asked them to do!

Trump is by far the most disloyal, cowardly, and dishonorable president this country has ever seen.

Pretty sure Mussolini was a more stand-up guy as well.

So got a source that knows what the letter to Biden said. 

“Joe, got a great deal on golf course investment. Some people say it is greatest deal ever. Got to hurry though cause the slots are filling up fast. Call me and I will hook ya up.”  

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

The family might need security from their own supporters as more and more of them realized they were scammed out of their love, time and money. I mean you hate the guy that is scamming your buddy when he doesn't realize it but not as much as he hates the scammer once he finally gets it.

Sounds like the Service needs to refuse to let the family leave their homes for the entire 6 month period due to an ongoing security concern. 

You know, most people, after losing the Presidency, would go to their home, maybe see some family and supporters.  Kick off the shoes, maybe have 2 scoops.

And then there is Trump.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exiled-trump-already-fixated-on-whos-blocking-a-comeback?ref=home?ref=home

On Wednesday, Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th president of the United States, and in the afternoon officially began the process of rolling back or undoing a slate of Donald Trump’s policies and directives. But at his private Florida club Mar-a-Lago, the former president was already plotting a possible return to Washington, D.C., and calling around to close allies in part to ask if members of his own party were trying to screw him out of a future comeback.

Once ensconced in his new home base, the twice-impeached former commander in chief began making phone calls to ask questions about a potential Senate impeachment trial and if some Republican lawmakers will vote to bar him from ever again holding the office of the presidency, according to two people with knowledge of the calls. He also inquired about what lawyers would be good to place on a potential legal team to fight back in a Senate proceeding.

The Senate has still not received the article of impeachment that passed a week ago in the House, so no date for a trial has been set, but a trial would determine whether the president is guilty of, per the article of impeachment, “willfully [making] statements to the crowd that encouraged and foreseeably resulted in lawless action at the Capitol” on Jan. 6.

Sen. Lindsey Graham also told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that he’d just gotten off the phone with the now-former president.

In his final two days in office, Trump had assured confidants that he was still weighing making another run for the White House, provided he isn’t barred from doing so, according to two individuals close to Trump. “They still love me,” he said behind closed doors, referring to Republican voters, on Tuesday, one of the sources recounted.

But as the sun began setting on Inauguration Day 2021, even some of Trump’s former top lieutenants and administration officials had no desire to express any nostalgia for the presidency that had just ended, nor did they want a Trumpist revival in 2024.

Spoiler

Asked to reflect on the past four years and what he thought of the Trump era now that it’s over, Dan Coats, the former director of national intelligence under Trump, would only say, “I’m not going to delve back into all that [but] I’m looking to the future and hoping things will improve as we get through the virus and we got a new administration. We’ll see what happens.”

As Air Force One coasted to Florida, Trump thanked staff and other pro-Trump passengers for what they’d done for him, smiling and posing for some photos and selfies. But while the former president attempted to put on a happy face for the cameras and for his adoring fans, he still seemed to his former and current advisers like a depressed or at least slightly broken man.

And although Trump kept an eye on cable news inaugural coverage on the presidential plane’s TVs, according to two people familiar with the matter, he landed before Biden was officially sworn in.

“I thought he looked a little sad. It was a very emotional morning, for sure. People were sad to see the president leave. These were his true supporters,” said Stephen Moore, an informal economic adviser to Trump who attended his farewell ceremony on Wednesday morning. “[But] I was glad to be there this morning to see the president off.” Moore said he still believes that Trumpism is “going to be an important part of the Republican message for years to come.”

Still, the day prior to the 45th U.S. president’s departure from Washington power, Trump let it be known to aides and close associates that he still had no intention of taking the high road. Behind closed doors on Tuesday, Trump predicted that Biden’s inauguration festivities would be “boring,” and joked that he wasn’t sure his Democratic successor would even be able to get through his inaugural speech without fumbling his words, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

As the rollback on Trump’s policies began, some of his top policy advisers showed signs of insecurity about the preservation of their agenda. “Today, [President Biden] pledged to be a president for all Americans. It’s unclear how all Americans are served by opening travel from terror hot spots, proposing a giant amnesty, or halting the installation of security barriers along the Southwest border,” Stephen Miller, formerly President Trump’s senior policy adviser and architect of much of his draconian immigration regime, posted to Twitter on Wednesday afternoon.

Elsewhere, the preservation of Trump’s legacy did not appear to be off to a good start, at least as far as Trump and his loyalists would be concerned. The biography webpage for the new and official Trump presidential library released onWednesday, said in part, “In 2021 President Trump was impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives for having incited an insurrection against the government of the United States.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

His power is gone. He’s done.

Moscow Mitch will lead the charge making sure he can never run for office again. It’s in his and the republicans party’s interest to do so.

Twitter will not lift their ban. He is DONE.

These are great days were living in bros. We’re jolly green giants, walking the earth, with guns. When we rotate back to the world, were not gonna find anyone worthy shooting.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Pasken said:

They'll never realize it. 

11 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

How fucked is it when Mitch is a partial good dude.?   Remember a month ago when he was a compete asshole?

He's not doing anything altruistic. He's just a shrewd motherfucker who realizes the danger of Trumpism to the GOP. He probably was planning on breaking from Trump once he left office even before the election tantrum and 1/6.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

If he's convicted by the Senate he loses all SS protection right?

3 hours ago, Pasken said:

Probably not. Would it mean he couldn't still be called Mr. President though?

Definitely not. The law used to be that impeached and convicted/removed presidents lost SS protection, but a few years ago that was changed. This article is apparently just talking about the pension. 

Only the sitting president should be called Mr. President. Do people commonly address former presidents that way? 

Edited by Hookah Horns

ok so i need some dumb question amnesty.  first off, i don't think they'll convict in the senate/keep him from running again.  i also think it's best for the dems to allow him to run again, as it further splinters the party.  they need a clean break to move on, and we need a messy break to fuck with them for a decade.

so that said, let's say they hold the senate trial, they convict, and they prohibit him from holding future office (running?  holding?).

in that case, let's say trump does what he always does, and says, "fuck you, i'm going to do it anyway because there's no way to stop me."  and then he announces that he's running, and starts doing rallies and fundraisers, etc.  at what point does something/someone stop him?  what are the legal means behind it?  is it a party thing?  the gop says fuck off?  what if he rolls with his new patriot party or some nonsense? 

it seems kinda like the pardon situation.  we won't know if it's real unless it's tested.

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

Only the sitting president should be called Mr. President. Do people commonly address former presidents that way? 

i don't know any former president's personally, but it's typical in politics to address/refer to any retired politician as the highest office they had held when they were active politically. 

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok so i need some dumb question amnesty.  first off, i don't think they'll convict in the senate/keep him from running again.  i also think it's best for the dems to allow him to run again, as it further splinters the party.  they need a clean break to move on, and we need a messy break to fuck with them for a decade.

so that said, let's say they hold the senate trial, they convict, and they prohibit him from holding future office (running?  holding?).

in that case, let's say trump does what he always does, and says, "fuck you, i'm going to do it anyway because there's no way to stop me."  and then he announces that he's running, and starts doing rallies and fundraisers, etc.  at what point does something/someone stop him?  what are the legal means behind it?  is it a party thing?  the gop says fuck off?  what if he rolls with his new patriot party or some nonsense? 

it seems kinda like the pardon situation.  we won't know if it's real unless it's tested.

Not that dumb of a question. Practically speaking, it's a party thing. They're not going to nominate someone who can't hold the office. But if they did, and he somehow won, the courts would enjoin him from getting transition funds etc. and from taking office. 

It's real and doesn't really need to be tested. It's black letter law. 

57 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fuck it. I like Melania. Fight me.

Almost as much as coked out Junior.

She's a green card whore who married a declining American celebrity when she was on the downside of her model/pron career.  Fucked her families way to America.

Her best bet now is Trump dies soon and she can be a trophy bride to some Russian oligarch or a Saudi sheik.  No legit American billionaire would touch that trash.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

EsOIICMXEAUtdsC?format=jpg&name=small

a_mKANiF6FVPG3L8K3a8-TTg5-H9Wfz8v_cKrmo5

several days ago, somebody posted a bunch of work from that bizarro artist that fetishized trump, and had a drawing or painting of him standing in front of a crowd of microphones.  and you could just tell it was fake, because he was standing straight up.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement