A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

At what point does he actually have to go under oath about SOMETHING?  How can he just continue to skate on his multitudes of obvious crimes?  

Being President makes it pretty easy to avoid giving a deposition.  He's only been out of office a couple of months.

I suspect he's going to spend quite a bit of time under oath in the coming months.

He's given a shitload of depositions in the past.  Dozens of them are public records.

The problem is that you pay little or no penalty for lying or being evasive in a deposition unless the case goes to trial.  And Trump settles everything, eventually.

And depositions are rare in criminal cases.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How can he just continue to skate on his multitudes of obvious crimes?  

Someone has to press the issue.  Who wants to be the guy that indicts Trump?  and then has to deal with everything that comes with it?  Bunch of cowards if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Someone has to press the issue.  Who wants to be the guy that indicts Trump?  and then has to deal with everything that comes with it?  Bunch of cowards if you ask me.

Prior to his taking office, I would call it complicity or cronyism rather than cowardice.

• Hook 'Em 1

"Freespace"

Reminder:  Everything Trump touches dies.

https://www.axios.com/trump-social-media-platform-freespace-a77d7dfc-3288-48bf-bc7e-8942da24bdbd.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=politics-trumpsocialapp

Donald Trump has been in talks with no-name app vendors as he contemplates partnering with an existing platform to create his own social media network, according to sources familiar with the private discussions.

Driving the news: Among the social networking apps the former president and his digital adviser Dan Scavino have homed in on is a relatively unknown platform called "FreeSpace," these sources told Axios.

It's unclear how this business relationship would work. Trump is famously averse to putting his own money into companies, preferring to license his name and use other people's money to fund his ventures.

It's also by no means a done deal. A source briefed on the situation said Trump had not made a final decision on the social network. "It could be any of several companies, with more meetings this week," the source said.

Trump senior adviser Jason Miller told Fox News' "#MediaBuzz" on Sunday, "I do think that we're going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here, with his own platform."

It seems surprising that "FreeSpace" caught Trump's attention. It employs touchy-feely positivity language that's the polar opposite of the incendiary and divisive social media persona he cultivated before he was banned from Twitter and Facebook following the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

"FreeSpace" bills itself as being "backed by science to positively reinforce good habits & make the world a better place."

It talks about "FINDING COMMON VALUES and highlighting them, so people become 'addicted' to doing good. FreeSpace encourages the public to share the daily actions & content they believe will add value to their lives and model healthy habits for others to duplicate."

The app includes features typical to any modern social network, including an "Activity Wall," which is akin to a news feed, a customizable profile, and "rooms" which are akin to group messaging,

FreeSpace is affiliated with Skylab Apps, a platform for building communities for coaches, trainers, etc., to help connect directly with people. The FreeSpace app bills itself as a "social fusion for free-thinkers, athletes and entrepreneurs."

Both FreeSpace and Skylab Apps are run by Jon Willis.

Willis also is the CEO of Matchstick Media, a marketing agency based in Arizona, as well as executive vice president of Legacy Sports USA, a sports facility in Arizona.

Ads for Matchstick and Legacy Sports USA appear on the site alongside other programmatic ads for things like frozen yogurt, IV therapies and diesel exhaust fluid.

1616623476109.png

1616623504329.png

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"FreeSpace" bills itself as being "backed by science to positively reinforce good habits & make the world a better place."

It talks about "FINDING COMMON VALUES and highlighting them, so people become 'addicted' to doing good. FreeSpace encourages the public to share the daily actions & content they believe will add value to their lives and model healthy habits for others to duplicate."

The app includes features typical to any modern social network, including an "Activity Wall," which is akin to a news feed, a customizable profile, and "rooms" which are akin to group messaging,

FreeSpace better lock down their ish tight, or I see this going all to hell or Trump getting banned faster than twitter...

"FINDING COMMON VALUES" would anyone care to ask what the former President's common values would be? I think we can venture to say we know.

The 'rooms' 'akin to group messaging--what a gift to the grift. Group messages from the former President asking for money and complaining about windmills and the stock market. Whoo-hoo!

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The thing about a Trump-owned network is that no normal people will sign up or participate.

Thus, there will be no libz to pwn.

And we won't have to see/hear his dogshit non-stop.

He'll probably make a shit ton of money, though.

I suspect it's your last statement that's the motivator, but it's also like 'Q'--a place to keep the Big Lie alive and the cult satiated. They'll still need to venture out for the ability to pwn, but echo chambers fuel a lot of that dogshit and even drove an insurrection to it's almost success.

• Hook 'Em 1

That sounds like an absolute perfect match for Trump.

I like that the freespace logo kinda looks like Trump leaning forward, eating something, and then you can watch it go down his digestive tract.  

Will SpaceForce be patrolling FreeSpace to ensure fairness and justice?  

13 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I suspect it's your last statement that's the motivator, but it's also like 'Q'--a place to keep the Big Lie alive and the cult satiated. They'll still need to venture out for the ability to pwn, but echo chambers fuel a lot of that dogshit and even drove an insurrection to it's almost success.

Still, I think one really fundamental thing they need is libz to pwn, as far as having a big user-base.  And yes, they can pull it in from elsewhere, but I really think the equivalent of threadshitting is very important to a decent-sized segment of them.

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Still, I think one really fundamental thing they need is libz to pwn, as far as having a big user-base.  And yes, they can pull it in from elsewhere, but I really think the equivalent of threadshitting is very important to a decent-sized segment of them.

It's how their self-esteem is raised, so yes, I agree. The contentment/satisfaction does not come from within, it comes from the comparison (in this case, to 'libz'). All the fairy tales, Bible stories, and history since forever cautions against this behavior, but here we are.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

They may be more effective at maintaining indoctrinated users with propoganda and fleecing their money if there aren't actual liberals on the site but rather selected boogie men like on Fox News.  Those boogie men could be from twitter or wherever like folks seem to be saying.  There are tons of subreddits that have a massive number of users based on that model. Put up a caricature argument from the other side and then rabid fomenting.  r/the_donald was enormous until it was quarantined.  But I agree with the idea that if they want to grow they would need to be able to pull in new users not already indoctrinated.  It is possible they don't want to grow but just fleece the existing flock.  But I imagine the culture war stuff is ripe for pulling in new recruits - guns, abortion, immigrants, evangelicals, incels all have exiting forums scattered around out there that pull normal people in.  Piping new recruits in from those places could allow for some growth.

That ship is just 400km from the nearest Jewish Space Laser transmission base.  They could shoot the laser down and break the hull free.  

Using his skills from The Apprentice to help decide who to endorse for office.  What could go wrong.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/25/trump-ohio-candidates-478059

It was a scene right out of "The Apprentice."

Donald Trump was headlining a fundraiser on Wednesday night at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Fla. But before the dinner began, the former president had some business to take care of: He summoned four Republican Senate candidates vying for Ohio’s open Senate seat for a backroom meeting.

The contenders — former state Treasurer Josh Mandel, former state GOP Chair Jane Timken, technology company executive Bernie Moreno and investment banker Mike Gibbons — had flown down to attend the fundraiser to benefit a Trump-endorsed Ohio candidate looking to oust one of the 10 House Republicans who backed his impeachment. As the candidates mingled during a pre-dinner cocktail reception, one of the president's aides signaled to them that Trump wanted to huddle with them in a room just off the lobby.

What ensued was a 15-minute backroom backbiting session reminiscent of Trump’s reality TV show. Mandel said he was “crushing” Timken in polling. Timken touted her support on the ground thanks to her time as state party chair. Gibbons mentioned how he’d helped Trump’s campaign financially. Moreno noted that his daughter had worked on Trump’s 2020 campaign.

The scene illustrated what has become a central dynamic in the nascent 2022 race. In virtually every Republican primary, candidates are jockeying, auditioning and fighting for the former president’s backing. Trump has received overtures from a multitude of candidates desperate for his endorsement, something that top Republicans say gives him all-encompassing power to make-or-break the outcome of primaries.

And the former president, as was so often the case during his presidency, has seemed to relish pitting people against one another.

One person familiar with what transpired in Wednesday evening’s huddle described it as “Hunger Games,” an awkward showdown that none of them were expecting. Making matters even more uncomfortable, this person said, was that the rival candidates sat at a circular table, making it so that each had to face the others. 

Trump kicked off the meeting by asking everyone to tell him about how the race was going. Timken, who was Trump’s handpicked state party chair, was the first to speak. She talked about the early support she’d received and how she’d worked to reelect him.

Spoiler

Two people familiar with the discussion said that Trump at one point reminded Timken that she’d initially defended Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (R-Ohio) after he’d voted for Trump’s impeachment in January. That evening’s fundraiser was to benefit Max Miller, a former Trump White House aide who was running to unseat Gonzalez, and the former president spoke derisively about the member of Congress throughout the evening, several attendees said.

Timken, two people said, responded to Trump by saying that she’d “cleaned” up her position, an apparent reference to a later statement she releasedcalling on Gonzalez to resign.

Another person briefed on the meeting pushed back on that account, saying that Trump was only playfully teasing Timken over her past remarks on Gonzalez. The person noted that later on in the night, speaking before the fundraiser, the former president had complimented Timken on her work as chair.

Multiple people familiar with what transpired during the meeting said most of the tension seemed to be between Timken and Mandel, and that it appeared they were trying to outdo one another. Timken and Mandel have already announced their candidacies and are considered the early frontrunners; Gibbons and Moreno have yet to formally launch their campaigns.

Mandel used his speaking time to promote his recent endorsement from the Club for Growth, an anti-tax organization whose president, former Rep. David McIntosh (R-Ind.), is close to the former president. He also noted that a recent Club for Growth poll showing him leading the field and mentioned that his campaign had conducted a private survey with similar results.

According to one account, Mandel added that he was “crushing” Timken in the early polling.

Timken laughed off the broadside, insisting that her internal polling showed her in a strong early position.

The former president indicated that he was aware of surveys showing Mandel ahead. But at one point, he asked if the former state treasurer was fully committed to the contest — an apparent reference to Mandel’s decision to withdraw from the 2018 Senate race, which at the time he attributed to his problems with his wife’s health.

Mandel responded: “Mr. President I only know two ways to do things: either not at all, or balls to the wall. I hired a bunch of killers on my team. I’m a killer, and we’re going to win the primary and then the general.”

Mandel went in hard during the conversation, saying that he’d endorsed Trump earlier than any of his opponents during the 2016 presidential race and mentioned that he’d been active in raising money for his reelection bid.

Gibbons spoke about how he’d donated extensively to Trump, even though the former president had backed Gibbons’ opponent in the 2018 Senate primary, then-Rep. Jim Renacci (R-Ohio). According to the accounts of two people, Trump responded by saying Renacci, whom Gonzalez replaced in the House, wasn’t a winner — a likely reference to Renacci's defeat in the 2018 general election to Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown.

Moreno largely stayed out of the fray, though at one point he said that each of the four candidates should earn Trump’s endorsement.

Over the course of the evening, Trump appeared to be fixated with Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, whom the former president attacked last fall after DeWine called Joe Biden “president-elect” during an appearance on national television.

Trump has yet to endorse in the race, and during the meeting he made no indication that he was backing one candidate over another. The four are running to replace retiring GOP Sen. Rob Portman. The Republican field is also likely to include author J.D. Vance, who was not present Wednesday evening.

During the meeting, Trump asked about the governor and whether he could be defeated in a primary. While Mandel said the governor was politically vulnerable, Timken argued that he’d be hard to beat.

Later in the evening at the fundraiser, the former president polled the attendees on what they thought of their governor. The question at first drew some confusion, given that the event was taking place in Florida whose Republican governor, Ron DeSantis, has been allied with Trump. It soon became clear, however, that he was referring to DeWine.

DeWine has yet to draw a Republican challenger, though Renacci has been mentioned as a possible candidate.

They fucking stole half the shit I said would happen including analogies to Hunger Games and the Apprentice several days ago when he released his "rising stars" shitlist on Foxnews.  STOLEN!  FRAUD!  BIGGEST CRIME!  AHHHHHHHH

Is he a living, breathing human being?  Yeah, he worked in your justice department for like 2.5 years. 

How are these statements from Trump getting out?  Does he fax them? Email them?  Seriously

Edited by Lobo

Fun fact, Trump has spent more time at Country Clubs than any other President in U.S. history and has lived within a few miles of the Atlantic Ocean his entire life and yet nobody has ever seen him swim.  You'd think between the resort pools and the beaches of SE Florida, he'd have taken a dip or two over the years...especially with some bikini-clad ladies.  Donald Trump does not not know how to swim, but he's just such a man's man...it doesn't matter.  I promise if he did swim, he'd still show up to the pool deck with that ladies gold watch he wears while golfing.  Donald Trump also does not know how to ride a bike.  Or bait a hook or reel in a fish.  He wouldn't know how to handle a rifle if his life depended on it.  

Here's another weird thing for you MAQA folks to explain to me.  He's supposedly a billionaire.  He now lives the life of luxury at Mar-a-Lago.  There isn't a multi-millionaire anywhere in South Florida that doesn't own a boat.  Guy like that should have at least a 60' with find golden trim.  But seriously, he's the only guy that loves entertaining, has billions to spare, that lives a luxurious beach lifestyle in SE Florida...and he doesn't have a boat?  That's pretty fucking strange, if you think about it.  He had one back in the 1980's, but of course---he fucked up the finances on it and had to get rid of it.  But 30+ years of a billionaire in Florida with no boat?  That's bizarre.  

21 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This pretty much confirms Trump is typing these up himself and emailing them to whoever the fuck releases them. The sheer stupidity is a trademark 

Hannity gets them with subject line Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:[No Subject].  

Probably typed in Courier New.

29 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fun fact, Trump has spent more time at Country Clubs than any other President in U.S. history and has lived within a few miles of the Atlantic Ocean his entire life and yet nobody has ever seen him swim.  You'd think between the resort pools and the beaches of SE Florida, he'd have taken a dip or two over the years...especially with some bikini-clad ladies.  Donald Trump does not not know how to swim, but he's just such a man's man...it doesn't matter.  I promise if he did swim, he'd still show up to the pool deck with that ladies gold watch he wears while golfing.  Donald Trump also does not know how to ride a bike.  Or bait a hook or reel in a fish.  He wouldn't know how to handle a rifle if his life depended on it.  

Here's another weird thing for you MAQA folks to explain to me.  He's supposedly a billionaire.  He now lives the life of luxury at Mar-a-Lago.  There isn't a multi-millionaire anywhere in South Florida that doesn't own a boat.  Guy like that should have at least a 60' with find golden trim.  But seriously, he's the only guy that loves entertaining, has billions to spare, that lives a luxurious beach lifestyle in SE Florida...and he doesn't have a boat?  That's pretty fucking strange, if you think about it.  He had one back in the 1980's, but of course---he fucked up the finances on it and had to get rid of it.  But 30+ years of a billionaire in Florida with no boat?  That's bizarre.  

He’s scared to death of sharks 

Hijacks a wedding reception to bitch about Biden.  Granted, we could discuss why anyone would want to start off their marriage at his place, but that's another topic for another day.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/28/donald-trump-wedding-speech-mar-a-lago-biden-administration/

It's been over 4 months since the November election, and Donald Trump is still acting like a sore loser -- that, or a belligerent wedding guest.

Check out this video we got of the former President all tux'd up for a reception that went down Saturday night at Trump's fortress of solitude, Mar-a-Lago, where the former chief himself got on the mic at one point to say a few words for the happy couple, John and Megan Arrigo ... but this speech would have nothing to do with the couple... it's all about him.

Before everyone knew it, he was launching into politics ... singing the same ol' song about false claims the election was rigged.

Here's the video:

https://www.tmz.com/videos/2021-03-28-032821-donald-trump-1060075/

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

A "billionaire" with no boat, no plane (not anymore), no family office, no foundation, no large donations for things with their name on it, no art purchases, nothing.  It's like he's not really a billionaire.  Hmmm.......

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Great points.  Even the most evil, asshole billionaires I know have something on some campus somewhere named after them.  They all go legacy shopping once they get into their 70's, all of them.  No exceptions.  He's literally the only one.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Great points.  Even the most evil, asshole billionaires I know have something on some campus somewhere named after them.  They all go legacy shopping once they get into their 70's, all of them.  No exceptions.  He's literally the only one.  

It’s because his world renowned humility leads him to make anonymous multimillion dollar donations.  

• Haha 1

That wedding video will be a hoot to watch later on down the road for that couple, no doubt they'll be thinking " wtf".  Or perhaps the video becomes a sticking point during divorce proceedings?  You take it!  I don't want it, you take it!   

Put that motherfucker in the middle of the Sahara Desert and the first person he comes across he'll be talking about Biden and the stolen election before asking for any water. 

29 minutes ago, Underdog said:

That wedding video will be a hoot to watch later on down the road for that couple, no doubt they'll be thinking " wtf".  Or perhaps the video becomes a sticking point during divorce proceedings?  You take it!  I don't want it, you take it!   

Put that motherfucker in the middle of the Sahara Desert and the first person he comes across he'll be talking about Biden and the stolen election before asking for any water. 

Can you imagine? His cellmate would be petitioning for solitary confinement just to get away....

Even though neither would see a second of time in the pen, a dream to see him and William Barr placed together. The poetic justice would be just....

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

There are very few institutions who will want to associate themselves with him.  His only options are places that are all in on MAGA like Liberty.  And he doesn’t want to go mingle with the unwashed Southern Evangelical masses that vote for him. 

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There are very few institutions who will want to associate themselves with him.  His only options are places that are all in on MAGA like Liberty.  And he doesn’t want to go mingle with the unwashed Southern Evangelical masses that vote for him. 

He may not want to mingle, but if they are an appropriate distance away, he would definitely go yap at them for awhile. An audience full of adoring Jenna the Realtors and such like that repeat his every word? I think he'd go for that, don't you? The only thing that puts that in doubt is his dwindling rally attendance, but then the boat parades seem to counter it. If his people organized a social event (which is what the supporters are seeking) and he made an appearance, Fox would promote the heck out of it.

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He may not want to mingle, but if they are an appropriate distance away, he would definitely go yap at them for awhile. An audience full of adoring Jenna the Realtors and such like that repeat his every word? I think he'd go for that, don't you? The only thing that puts that in doubt is his dwindling rally attendance, but then the boat parades seem to counter it. If his people organized a social event (which is what the supporters are seeking) and he made an appearance, Fox would promote the heck out of it.

He’d go yap at them but his tastes are very well known in terms of capital contributions. He’s not going to want buildings and his legacy at what is basically an Appalachian Bible College.

Edited by 956 Worldwide

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement