A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dee Snider taking them to task alongside John Denver will forever be one of my favorite memories. 

Don’t edit Frank Zappa out of your memory. But John Denver was the star. He was the guy that all the senators wanted their picture taken with. None of them cared about Snyder or Zappa. John Denver speaking out against censorship was the big deal (and surprised Snyder and Zappa).

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Look, us and Jimmy Buffet's people... got this little misunderstanding. See they're MaRgaritaville. We're MaGaritaville. They have the parrot. Ours is the shaman. See they got Jimmy's Jammin' Jambalaya.  We got Donny's Lyin' Gumbo. We both got Cajun rice, shrimp, chicken, Andouille sausage and a spicy broth. But they cook their rice in the pot. Our rice is cooked separately. 

This is poetry. I just listened to the Rewatchables podcast of Coming to America yesterday, so maybe I’m biased, but well fucking done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think he called for Don, Jr. not to consume coke for three days.  Something lost in the translation.  Because...you know?...Trump is stupid. 

He may be stupid but getting Jr. off the blow would actually be one of his top 5 decisions.  One of his bottom five decisions is putting it in Ivana Trump's vagina instead of bottom the day dipshit was conceived.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Don’t edit Frank Zappa out of your memory. But John Denver was the star. He was the guy that all the senators wanted their picture taken with. None of them cared about Snyder or Zappa. John Denver speaking out against censorship was the big deal (and surprised Snyder and Zappa).

There’s a fantastic episode on that whole story on the podcast “You’re Wrong About”. It’s my absolute favorite podcast and that particular episode is really great.

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

There’s a fantastic episode on that whole story on the podcast “You’re Wrong About”. It’s my absolute favorite podcast and that particular episode is really great.

There was a made-for-tv movie called Warning: Parental Advisory that was kind of cheesy but did a decent job of describing the events.

For you, I would recommend Zappa’s Grand Wazoo album if you ever decided to dip your toe into his vast catalog. It’s home to this beautiful number:

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, Bullneck said:

OK, I'm struggling here.  Is he wishing a Happy Easter to MS13 and the refugee children who may or may not have parents anymore?  I see he's covering Antifa. What about The Squad?  He's being big and wishes them Happy Easter, even if Jesus isn't part of their religion?  Happy Easter to all you ChiComs out there!!  

The woman in the pink dress looks familiar.

AP21064604488343.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=

She's definitely got the tortured face of one in a life or death struggle with the demons within her subject.   I feel so much respect for her.  It's like she's dying for his sins or something.  

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not a question of relevance.  Artlcle III of the Constitution limits the jurisdiction of federal courts to "cases or controversies."  Because Trump is no longer president, the questions raised are no longer active cases or controversies, so dismissal was a foregone conclusion. These kind of rulings are common in certain circumstances, such as this one, or when the law has changed via legislation or another decision while the case was pending.  So common, in fact, that they have a nickname, GVR, for grant certiorari, vacate the lower court decision, and remand for further proceedings.

Cases like this that are GVR'ed because of case or controversy are kind of like kissing your sister, but the precedent that would be established by not adhering to the case or controversy rule (resulting in "advisory opinions" on theoretical disputes) would be a bad one, or at least contrary to everything our courts do.

I should add that any federal court considering this issue, SDNY or Second Circuit, would have dismissed this case had Trump left office while it was pending.  It's a feature of American jurisprudence.

Who paid all those legal fees on that case, TwiceHorn?  Taxpayers or Trump?    I guess the case needed to be brought (in case of a second term) even though everyone knew it would be tossed because they couldn't hear it before the end of his only term?

Just now, Lobo said:

A former President of the United States calling for the boycotting of Major League Baseball.  Wow.  

He only knows how to cause harm, inflict pain, and destroy.  That's it -- it's his entire toolkit.  Even his "reward" for the only behavior he approves of -- swearing total loyalty to him -- is the "reward" of....withholding his power to cause pain and destroy.

He is a force of pure, unadulterated malignancy.  There is nothing else to him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Interesting analysis, but they fail to call attention to the identical copies of two books to his left.  They are either hardback copies of the same book with the dust jackets removed, or could be two blank journals that were perhaps gifted to him (looks like a card on top of the two).  

Either way, it's amusing to me.  Because nobody keeps two copies of the same book on their desk, unless it's the person wrote those books and is signing them (maybe for Miller).  We would have heard if Trump had just authored a book.  They do kinda look like journals to me in a way, those nice hardbound ones you would give as a gift to an aspiring writer or somesuch.  But who would give him two?  The guy hasn't written anything longer than a paragraph in decades.  To gift him one journal is thoughtful, "With the hopes this will help you begin your magnificent memoirs, Mr. President."  To gift him two is a really subtle dig at this dipshit, "Two journals for you, Mr. President.  Because you have so much to share with the world (you fucking idiot)."  If somebody did gift him two journals, I wanna shake that guy's hand, that's a clever slight.  "Here, I know you can't fill up a fucking tweet...so here's 400 hand-written pages waiting to be filled by your half-illiterate ass."  

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Interesting analysis, but they fail to call attention to the identical copies of two books to his left.  They are either hardback copies of the same book with the dust jackets removed, or could be two blank journals that were perhaps gifted to him (looks like a card on top of the two).  

Either way, it's amusing to me.  Because nobody keeps two copies of the same book on their desk, unless it's the person wrote those books and is signing them (maybe for Miller).  We would have heard if Trump had just authored a book.  They do kinda look like journals to me in a way, those nice hardbound ones you would give as a gift to an aspiring writer or somesuch.  But who would give him two?  The guy hasn't written anything longer than a paragraph in decades.  To gift him one journal is thoughtful, "With the hopes this will help you begin your magnificent memoirs, Mr. President."  To gift him two is a really subtle dig at this dipshit, "Two journals for you, Mr. President.  Because you have so much to share with the world (you fucking idiot)."  If somebody did gift him two journals, I wanna shake that guy's hand, that's a clever slight.  "Here, I know you can't fill up a fucking tweet...so here's 400 hand-written pages waiting to be filled by your half-illiterate ass."  

Another possibility is they're two volumes of an Encyclopedia set that someone fetched from somewhere as props. 

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, pyrohornIII said:

She's definitely got the tortured face of one in a life or death struggle with the demons within her subject.   I feel so much respect for her.  It's like she's dying for his sins or something.  

Who paid all those legal fees on that case, TwiceHorn?  Taxpayers or Trump?    I guess the case needed to be brought (in case of a second term) even though everyone knew it would be tossed because they couldn't hear it before the end of his only term?

All of the counsel for Trump at the Supreme Court level were from the Solicitor General's office, so government lawyers.  So the "taxpayers" were paying.

However, they're all salaried so it's a sunk cost.

It's annoying how often Trump was able to employ government attorneys to carry his water on personal bullshit.

An interesting tidbit.  By the time the Supremes GVR'ed the twitter case, it was re-styled:

Joseph R. Biden, Jr., President of the United States, et al., Petitioners
v.
Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, et al.

Because the real party in interest from a legal standpoint was the office of the President, not Donald J. Trump.

"Your Excellency, let's put some stuff on your desk so it looks like you are actually doing something. Lets see.... oh here's a newspaper, open that up, good.... somebody find me some books, yeah Eric's coloring books will work, put those there, and uh, lets see, yeah documents, we need some documents. (turning to the nearest toady)Quick, go to the recycle bin next to the printer downstairs and get some documents, those will look good stacked up on top of the newspaper. OK, yeah that looks good. Now smile Your Excellency, just one smile and you can have some ice cream...Wait, before you take the pic, you better hide the diet coke."

43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This was a delightful, and yet as always depressing, read. A look at what Trump's Mar-A-Lago office says about him:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/06/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-office-479412

Don't buy a custom knife from Jason Tippy, Permian and UTPB grad.  https://www.cbs7.com/2021/03/31/odessa-native-commissioned-to-make-knife-for-former-pres-donald-trump/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Surely this clown isn't actually getting a presidential library, right?

You know the answer. 

But since it's Trump, you also know the result

1. Declare it will be the best library ever created, the most expensive, the biggest, the best. 

2. Raise stupid amounts of money. 

3. Grift a large portion of that money from the project. 

4. Results in cheap shitty version put together by scotch tape as most of the contractors and vendors get stiffed for payment. They file liens and lawsuits. 

5. Library opens, it's a joke. Dumbfucks still go because Maga, they pay stupid high prices to get in and don't realize it's a huge scam. 

6. Library goes bankrupt. 

7. more lawsuits. 

rinse - repeat. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Trump going to write a book... err pay someone to write it for him... err promise to pay someone but then not pay.  Then the library will just be thousands of copies of his own book.  

Lulz at books.  Like his supporters read.  It'll be tv's.  Lots and lots of tv's, showing his perfect rallies on repeat.

Edit to add: along with selling MAGA gear.  All made in China.

Edited by lemonlime

The National Republican Congressional Committee threatened donors that it will tell former president Donald Trump that they are defectors if they opt out of giving recurring monthly funds to the campaign arm for the House GOP.

After donating to the NRCC, donors are shown a yellow box with a small pre-checked box that warns: “If you UNCHECK this box, we will have to tell Trump you’re a DEFECTOR.” Left checked and the supporter will be agreeing to contribute every month.

The tactic, roundly criticized by campaign finance experts as deceptive, was also employed by the Trump campaign from September until the 2020 election to shore up its dwindling coffers.

Many Trump supporters who intended to donate only once were unwittingly enrolled to give weekly because they didn’t read the fine print requiring them to uncheck a box, a New York Times investigation found, resulting in credit card complaints, overdrafts and the Trump campaign refunding tens of millions of dollars to its supporters.

The Trump team continued the recurring payments for more than a month after the November election.

The NRCC’s use of recurring payments has drawn comparisons with the Trump campaign’s fundraising scheme.

NRCC spokesman Michael McAdams defended the practice, saying in an email that it “employs the same standards that are accepted and utilized by Democrats and Republicans across the digital fundraising ecosystem.”

The fundraising platform for Republicans, called WinRed, and for Democrats, called ActBlue, have both used pre-checked boxes to set up recurring donations. But the New York Times found the amount of refunds WinRed made to donors in 2020 far exceeded what ActBlue returned to supporters.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) shared screenshots of its prompts after an initial donation is made that says “Make it monthly!” with “Yes, count me in” pre-checked next to an option that says, “No, donate once.” If the person chooses the recurring option, a pop-up appears confirming the monthly payment with a link that says, “Make this a one-time contribution instead?”

“Unlike the NRCC, we use clear language and confirm with our grass-roots supporters that they would like to set up a recurring monthly donation,” said Helen Kalla, a DCCC spokeswoman.

Craig Holman, a lobbyist on good-government issues at Public Citizen, said requests for recurring donations are common but should always offer clear instructions and don’t threaten repercussions if a donor opts out.

The Republicans’ tactic, he said, is “extortion,” “akin to blackmail” and “highly unethical,” but it is not illegal. Political donors who feel duped or coerced don’t have a lot of legal recourse under campaign finance or consumer protection laws.

Paul S. Ryan, vice president of policy and litigation at the left-leaning Common Cause, said it comes down to “basic human decency.”

“While it should be easy for supporters of an organization to make recurring donations, people shouldn’t be tricked or bullied into making donations,” Ryan said. “NRCC and Trump solicitations seem to have crossed this line.”

Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Even his donors are afraid to be called names by teh donald.

I call him no money Steve. Many people call him tiny donation Dan. Look everybody, its no recurring fee Russel. What a lightweight. I like to call him unchecked box Bob. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, lemonlime said:

Lulz at books.  Like his supporters read.  It'll be tv's.  Lots and lots of tv's, showing his perfect rallies on repeat.

Edit to add: along with selling MAGA gear.  All made in China.

dress code - sportcoats and baseball caps.

Ronald Fischetti?  The Ronald Fischetti?  Oh no, Manhattan D.A.'s office must be shitting bricks.  Two-bit defense attorney who did some talking heads work on CNBC on the Martha Stewart case.  That's how he got famous for 15 minutes, 15 years ago. 

His practice consists of 2 attorneys, he's a Saint John's Law Grad (nothing to be ashamed of, but not the heavy hitter Trump makes him out to be).  His second chair went to New York Law School.  No, not NYU Law School.  New York Law School.  Basically the Trump University of the tri-state legal education world.  Their most famous recent victory was getting a kid in Ithaca out of a hate crime, which yes...was the plot to "Road Trip 2:  Back to Ithaca" starring Tom Green as the newly appointed Dean of Students.  

I mean, Trump has dredged the legal river bottom for representation before...but Fischetti is a new low even by Donnie standards.  Only other client's name I recognize from Fischetti is former Mets ballplayer-Howard Johnson.  Doesn't say why he represented HoJo, considering Fischetti is a mostly white-collar criminal defense guy or government litigator.  Maybe it stemmed from Howard Johnson's stint as a hitting coach in Tijuana (true story).  I dunno. 

But look out Manhattan D.A.'s office!  Trump and his inner circle have known this was coming for least a year...and Fischetti was his 137th phone call.  So you know Trump is taking this real serious ;)

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

EypQudPWQAMFeDC?format=jpg&name=large

I would probably tell him "HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT GOATS COULD TALK!!" and then quietly tell him that if he treasures his cornhole, to stay away from College Station.

Spoiler

Donnie Jr really doesn't understand what "greatest of all time" means.

10 hours ago, Post Oak said:

He's never gonna love you as much as you want to be loved cuntface.

If Ivanka would agree to let dotard hit it from behind in exchange for cutting Jr loose, Jr would be strapped to the next falcon heavy launch from SpaceX.

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement