A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Serious question: how far does Secret Service authority extend? Homeboy is touting going to the border with governer hot wheels. If the ex prez insists on doing some improv, how far does the SS have to go to protect him? What protections are in place in that situation? I know they're not really going to the border. But damn this seems like a dangerous and expensive stunt. Probably not of the cunning variety.

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Everything here is exactly what we all thought was happening. It’s all so obvious. It’s how a mafia member would do things and that is how Dotard operates. 

This was nothing less than an attempt to completely subvert our system of government and everything this country has worked for for 200+ years. They should all be executed. 

To add onto this, why have our government officials apparently decided that being a traitor is no longer an offense that warrants harsh justice (or apparently any justice)?  I suppose if we are talking sedition, the actual punishment is 20 years, but even that prospect is laughable it seems.  The overall question is: have we as a country forgotten why these laws exist?  Do we not have the ability to police ourselves any longer?

52 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

To add onto this, why have our government officials apparently decided that being a traitor is no longer an offense that warrants harsh justice (or apparently any justice)?  I suppose if we are talking sedition, the actual punishment is 20 years, but even that prospect is laughable it seems.  The overall question is: have we as a country forgotten why these laws exist?  Do we not have the ability to police ourselves any longer?

Because Democratic leadership think it is bad politics to enforce laws against Republicans. That's all it is, really. They're so fucking timid that they're not even going to investigate the insurrection that their GOP colleagues incited because doing so might result in their GOP colleagues saying mean things about them.

Paul Gosar and at least twenty other Republican congressmen tried to have Dem leadership killed and they won't even say what happened. If this somehow doesn't all get erased from history, nobody in the future will be able to comprehend why the Democratic party has reacted the way it has. 

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 5

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Because Democratic leadership think it is bad politics to enforce laws against Republicans. That's all it is, really. They're so fucking timid that they're not even going to investigate the insurrection that their GOP colleagues incited because doing so might result in their GOP colleagues saying mean things about them.

Paul Gosar and at least twenty other Republican congressmen tried to have Dem leadership killed and they won't even say what happened. If this somehow doesn't all get erased from history, nobody in the future will be able to comprehend why the Democratic party has reacted the way it has. 

Would you support the Democrats trying to outlaw the Republican Party? I wouldn’t. I fear that the Republicans might try to outlaw the Democratic Party. But I don’t think that’s an argument for the Democrats outlawing the Republican Party. 

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yes, it's like the idea of enforcing the law is being conflated with the idea of political retribution.  They are so afraid the Rs will punish them for punishing the Rs.  Guess what?  That's the game now!  Except the Dems actually have some real reasons to punish the Rs.  It's like they forgot the Benghazi shit show farce.  

25 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

?

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurrection-at-the-capitol/2021/01/16/957680133/house-lawmakers-open-investigation-into-capitol-attack

20 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

New Zealand is the play if you can swing it.

Fucking expensive to get an investor/old person visa.  

Portugal is the go to play for getting the fuck out of here if you have the resources.

Edited by Bateshorn

On 6/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

this is just like the reasonablists (parks and rec) when they keep pushing back the date that zorp is coming and the world is ending.  pretty sure there's a better chance of that happening than this.

On 6/14/2021 at 7:58 PM, Eskimohorn said:

Yeah I know. I've stored up rather a large amount of pee to piss on his grave.

i've been stockpiling arrowhead jugs in my garage.  lulz at my neighbors thinking i'm doomsday prepping.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

this is just like the reasonablists (parks and rec) when they keep pushing back the date that zorp is coming and the world is ending.  pretty sure there's a better chance of that happening than this.

i've been stockpiling arrowhead jugs in my garage.  lulz at my neighbors thinking i'm doomsday prepping.

Hail Zorp

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This page is such a disappointment. Someone requested pics of Pam Grier, and no one came through.

FatherlyEmotionalGlobefish-max-1mb.gif

To be fair, the best ones would have to be posted in a different subforum. But here’s one I think can be considered...ahem...family friendly.

849938839_3_123_232lo.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/14/2021 at 7:27 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

The answer to your question is “all of them”  he needs all the loans.

Also, nothing to see here.  Both sides do it.  Why just last week I took out a 800 billion dollar loan from Freddie Mac at unbelievable terms.  You all should be doing this too you bunch of educated, elitist, Democrat libtards.  Now let me go back to my double wide and hang my confederate flag next to my front door that has a giant Q painted on it.

One issue I have with the article is the following line below.  WTF does his sister’s features have to do with any of this.  Just thought that was a weird thing to put in the article.

“Meyer, who shares her brother’s slight build, porcelain features and dark chestnut hair, lobbied Freddie Mac in person on behalf of Kushner Companies”

I think he was trying to say Kushner is effeminate without saying it outright. 

On 6/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, bolverk said:

Holy shit this thread, especially tweet #10

Well now we know what all those many many important phone calls and meetings were about.  Between this and selling pardons, Donnie was a busy boy.

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Well now we know what all those many many important phone calls and meetings were about.  Between this and selling pardons, Donnie was a busy boy.

so is this supposed to make me feel better that the guard rails worked?

they did, i guess. 

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

In case anyone hits the pay wall:

The day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People’s Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. “Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “Yeah,” Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: “To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” Nixon gave a huge laugh.

Had the story stopped there, it would have been bad enough. Racist venting is still racist. But what happened next showed the dynamic power of racism when it finds enablers. Nixon used Reagan’s call as an excuse to adapt his language to make the same point to others. Right after hanging up with Reagan, Nixon sought out Secretary of State William Rogers.

“As you can imagine,” Nixon confided in Rogers, “there’s strong feeling that we just shouldn’t, as [Reagan] said, he saw these, as he said, he saw these—” Nixon stammered, choosing his words carefully—“these, uh, these cannibals on television last night, and he says, ‘Christ, they weren’t even wearing shoes, and here the United States is going to submit its fate to that,’ and so forth and so on.”

In the fall of 1971, the Nixon administration was engaged in a massive welfare-reform effort, and was also facing school busing. These two issues apparently inspired Nixon to examine more deeply his own thinking on whether African Americans could make it in American society. Only three weeks before the call with Reagan, Nixon had revealed his opinions on Africans and African Americans in a conversation with the Harvard professor Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who had briefly served in the Nixon administration. Nixon was attracted to the theories of Richard Herrnstein and Arthur Jensen, which linked IQ to race, and wondered what Moynihan thought.

“I have reluctantly concluded, based at least on the evidence presently before me … that what Herrnstein says, and what was said earlier by Jensen, is probably … very close to the truth,” Nixon explained to a quiet Moynihan. Nixon believed in a hierarchy of races, with whites and Asians much higher up than people of African descent and Latinos. And he had convinced himself that it wasn’t racist to think black people, as a group, were inferior to whites, so long as he held them in paternalistic regard. “Within groups, there are geniuses,” Nixon said. “There are geniuses within black groups. There are more within Asian groups … This is knowledge that is better not to know.”

Nixon’s analysis of African leadership reflected his prejudice toward America’s black citizens. This is, at least, what he told Moynihan. “Have in mind one fact: Did you realize there is not, of the 40 or 45—you’re at the United Nations—black countries that are represented there, not one has a president or a prime minister who is there as a result of a contested election such as we were insisting upon in Vietnam?” And, he continued, a little later in the conversation: “I’m not saying that blacks cannot govern; I am saying they have a hell of a time. Now, that must demonstrate something.”

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So Trump is going to travel to the border for a photo op with Governor Abbott?  Wouldn't that be an ideal time for Abbott to pressure Trump for the 570,000 dollars his campaign still owes to the City of El Paso for police protection during his last visit?

What’s he going to do? Run over his foot? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So Trump is going to travel to the border for a photo op with Governor Abbott?  Wouldn't that be an ideal time for Abbott to pressure Trump for the 570,000 dollars his campaign still owes to the City of El Paso for police protection during his last visit?

Abbott doesn’t give 2 shits about El Paso 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Mike Pence would be a sympathetic figure in this if he hadn't lied in lock step with Dotard and his lackies prior to the election. Also, that whole imposing his personal beliefs on people is a no go for me.

Mike likes it, though.  It's like the more derision he gets from Trump's ramblings about him the harder he leans into his submissive schtick.  There's something kinky and perverse about it.  Pence wants an air refresher that smells exactly like when Donald lifts one leg over his face.  These guys love being abused by him -- P. Bush, Rubio, Cruz, etc.  They stand in line, claw over the top of each other, to be the first for another steaming hot lunch from Donny on their chest.  The rush to fealty to this erratic halfwit might be the strangest thing to have ever happened in the history of American politics.  I still can't fathom that it's happening even after watching it happen over and over.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

the corrupt New York bodyguard's name is Matteo Calamari, Junior, or 'Little Matty' and his dad, Trump's COO, is referred to as 'The Elder Calamari.'  ???

Is the simulation even fucking trying anymore?  I mean, it's one cliche wrapped in another.  

Bold move, Cotton.  What happens when they don't fight your suit, admit wrongdoing, ask for you to specifically name damages, and politely request your personal presence in New York State to discuss in front of an arbiter or judge? 

29 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Discovery should be interesting. NYC gonna be all Bart Scott.

Nah trump org will just hand over 3 emails talking about an office pizza party and say that’s all there is. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
And those 3 emails will of course be fake.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

I don’t suppose Trump would actually show up in NYC for a hearing lest he be immediately taken into custody.

If I can just live long enough to see him in an orange jumpsuit with pasty white skin and grey hair, I’ll be able to die a happy man. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t suppose Trump would actually show up in NYC for a hearing lest he be immediately taken into custody.

If I can just live long enough to see him in an orange jumpsuit with pasty white skin and grey hair, I’ll be able to die a happy man. 

Not orange (despite the series name) but Kate muldrew pretty much already nailed the look and the personality the last couple seasons of orange is the new black 

1564090766450.jpg

• Haha 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement