A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Really? The governor of Texas is there giggling as a degenerate moron accused the actual President of the United States as being basically incompetent? This is decorum? This is dignity? This is a fucking graduate of my university? 

No one will remember Greg Abbott. He's a non-entity other than as the personification of sycophancy. He can only dream of being a Pa or MA Ferguson.

I don't know why my mind goes to drowning when I view the despicable, but it does. Let their last breaths be inhales of the warm water of the Gulf of Mexico. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

You mean the guy who bailed out Wall Street, escalated the war In Afghanistan,  passed Mitt Romney’s health care plan, and did absolutely nothing about immigration?

Do you consider those to be GOP policies? The GOP has no policies. They wouldn't back either of the first two policies you name because their policy is generating emotion by stirring hate and fear.

Government does something when a Dem is in charge. Maybe the policy is wrong, maybe it's right, maybe it depends on who you are.

Good or bad, Obama generated actual policies hoping to do what's best for the US. Can the same be said for Mitch, the GOP leaders in the House, or the most recent GOP president?

Only Dems promote policies. GOPs promote discord, resentment, and irrational fear.

It's the new way.

ps I know you're not a GOP or Trump apologist. I just think your argument is based in a political world that is gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Really? The governor of Texas is there giggling as a degenerate moron accused the actual President of the United States as being basically incompetent? This is decorum? This is dignity? This is a fucking graduate of my university? 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Do you consider those to be GOP policies? The GOP has no policies. They wouldn't back either of the first two policies you name because their policy is generating emotion by stirring hate and fear.

Government does something when a Dem is in charge. Maybe the policy is wrong, maybe it's right, maybe it depends on who you are.

Good or bad, Obama generated actual policies hoping to do what's best for the US. Can the same be said for Mitch, the GOP leaders in the House, or the most recent GOP president?

Only Dems promote policies. GOPs promote discord, resentment, and irrational fear.

It's the new way.

ps I know you're not a GOP or Trump apologist. I just think your argument is based in a political world that is gone.

I was responding to the post about the perception  that Obama was not a moderate 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I was responding to the post about the perception  that Obama was not a moderate 

Well, if you had been suggesting he was a GOP, my post would have been really, really good. Maybe go back and change your earlier post to make everything square. Waddaya say, Doc? 

Apologies, of course.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

"...has filed indictments against President Trump's company and its longtime CFO Allen Weisselberg"

How do you indict a company?  Who goes to jail if the "company" is found guilty?

See, e.g. Arthur Andersen.

No one goes to jail, but the corporation faces fines and other penalties.  A conviction can be the end of some companies.  Again, see Arthur Andersen.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

See, e.g. Arthur Andersen.

No one goes to jail, but the corporation faces fines and other penalties.  A conviction can be the end of some companies.  Again, see Arthur Andersen.

My understanding of Enron and AA is that after they were revealed as bad actors/incompetents with Enron, no other company wanted their services. And that’s why they went tits up. Not directly due to Enron related fines and penalties, but more market driven. 

31 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The battle royale between two gigantic pieces of shit is on.

Trying to convince Donald Trump that there's an inappropriate time for self promotion...yeah, good luck with that my man.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Maybe if DeSantis would rake the beach these things wouldn't happen. I like condos that don't collapse.

You just know Trump wants to blurt this out.  The only thing stopping him is the owner of it is probably a huge GOP donor.

"My condos don't collapse"

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

You just know Trump wants to blurt this out.  The only thing stopping him is the owner of it is probably a huge GOP donor.

"My condos don't collapse"

I would love for him to say this, because you just know that within an hour of him saying so, one of them would collapse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My understanding of Enron and AA is that after they were revealed as bad actors/incompetents with Enron, no other company wanted their services. And that’s why they went tits up. Not directly due to Enron related fines and penalties, but more market driven. 

Andersen lost its CPA license due to a (subsequently overturned) criminal conviction. Certainly market forces were impacting client retention but they likely could have survived absent the loss of license that effectively rendered it unable to perform its core service - auditing public companies. Fun fact, Andrew Weissmann, more recently of Mueller SC fame, was the lead prosecutor of Andersen and I was quite hopeful he’d be equally aggressive in that role.  

Full disclosure. I worked at Andersen in Houston during the Enron scandal but not on that account. My general sense was that a lot of people (~30,000 worldwide IIRC) had their lives upended due the mistakes of a relatively small group - in part due to the fact that business models move faster than regulators and development of new accounting standards. That and the fact that then prevailing professional accounting standards allowed for lucrative consulting arrangements that undermined their ability to be independent when opining on financial statements. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Trying to convince Donald Trump that there's an inappropriate time for self promotion...yeah, good luck with that my man.

DeSantis is going to be nervous now - he won by 33,000 votes last time, and Trump is coming into stir up a shitstorm right as a fuckton of people in Florida are very concerned about coastal structures collapsing.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

DeSantis is going to be nervous now - he won by 33,000 votes last time, and Trump is coming into stir up a shitstorm right as a fuckton of people in Florida are very concerned about coastal structures collapsing.

Meanwhile Desantis is meeting with Biden and thanking him for the support/leadership for Seaside since it happened and not waiting around.

13 hours ago, Satchel said:

Aggy has it worse. Gohmert is a real former student who graduated from the aggy honors college.

What is worse, someone who has only known ignorance or someone who has knowledge learned in the one true Church but abandoned knowledge for ignorance?

There used to be a woman I worked with that had aggy paraphernalia in her office but she had a University of Texas diploma hanging on the wall. At first she explained it as her husband being an aggy and her kids were attending aggy too. Then one day I overheard her telling someone that her big regret in life was attending UT because aggy was about being a good conservative God loving American. Then she talked shit about Austin and UT liberal communists. I walked up said her name and gave her a major WTF? look. Holy Fuck that was the only time in my life I ever heard someone utter regret about not choosing aggy.

This woman was Proto-MAGA and spent a lot of time on Facebook and listened to Limbaugh. I guess my point is that Abbott is a similar beast.

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Or is it the transposition of images?

Maybe the left image identities as the after image, okay?  Damn bigot!  

22 hours ago, Js1 said:

Meanwhile Desantis is meeting with Biden and thanking him for the support/leadership for Seaside since it happened and not waiting around.

Surfside, but the point stands.  (Surfside is about 600 miles away from Seaside and on a different coast).

Guest Lobo

He's gonna steal money from victims that died, painfully, just miles from his new residence.  In broad daylight.  And some people on this website are going to cheer him on while he does it.  

This is just amazing.  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement