A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Treason specifically calls for the death penalty - first statute you cited:

“Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.”

And shall suffer death. Seems pretty serious.

I misread that.  It pretty much quotes the Constitution.

I must say, though, that the penalties for treasonous and seditious activities are otherwise pretty light.  Probably because we haven't had much opportunity to prosecute them, and Congress hasn't seen fit to pander to a fearful public by enacting harsh mandatory minimums.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Treason specifically calls for the death penalty - first statute you cited:

“Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.”

And shall suffer death. Seems pretty serious.

Death means death. 

The conspiracy to overthrow the government by trump and his conspiracy should mean death. Political consequences be damned. They all need to hang, despite what Fox News may say. 

Hang them. This is war. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

MAGA Beluga from the deep red state
rejects science and loves to hate
browns and gays and Mooslim names
that a large orange whale often states

MAGA Beluga, MAGA Beluga,
Is the grifting on, My Pillow guy is warm
With you so happy?

Damn you, now I have that tune stuck in my head.

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Death means death. 

The conspiracy to overthrow the government by trump and his conspiracy should mean death. Political consequences be damned. They all need to hang, despite what Fox News may say. 

Hang them. This is war. 

100%.  

and anyone voting for and/or supporting Republicans is complicit.  

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

and anyone voting for and/or supporting Republicans is complicit.  

Not entirely. I'd give a pass to Republicans who vote for Cheney or Romney, and a handful of others. I disagree with them about practically everything policy wise, but any conservative who stands up to Trump has my respect.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:21 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

Not entirely. I'd give a pass to Republicans who vote for Cheney or Romney, and a handful of others. I disagree with them about practically everything policy wise, but any conservative who stands up to Trump has my respect.

then we have very different ideas about what “standing up to Trump” means and looks like

there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of despicable, racist, hate driven, incompetent, anti-democratic, criminal, and/or traitorous acts and statements by Trump over the past 5 years where these folks - and every other Republican - had the opportunity to speak out and say, “this is wrong, this is not what the Republican Party is about, and I demand better, I demand change, I demand Trump and everything he stands for be jettisoned from this party.”  And they did and said nothing.  Because thats exactly what the Republican Party is all about.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

So the Representative Democracy of the United States of America being severely compromised, perhaps irreparably so by Donald Trump and his crew, was the most elaborate Merch Table promote in human history?  

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I trust Michael Cohen about as much as I trust Donny, Jr to share coke.

Well, he said Trump is all about the grift. I think we can agree that’s true. Cohen may be wrong about Trump not running again, but he did say that Trump’s biggest fear is losing again. That sounds reasonable. He also said that if Trump ran again and lost then he couldn’t use the “Big Lie” excuse again and claim that he’d actually won the election. I’m not so sure about that. As long as he can keep the grift going and get people to donate to his political endeavors, real or imagined, I think he’ll keep doing it and he’ll say whatever he thinks will get them to keep sending him their money. If he does run in 2024 and loses, assuming Republican legislatures don’t override the vote and just hand the election to Trump, I see no reason to assume he won’t claim the election was stolen and keep right on grifting with an eye on 2028.

Best case scenario is that he drops dead long before then. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well, he said Trump is all about the grift. I think we can agree that’s true. Cohen may be wrong about Trump not running again, but he did say that Trump’s biggest fear is losing again. That sounds reasonable. He also said that if Trump ran again and lost then he couldn’t use the “Big Lie” excuse again and claim that he’d actually won the election. I’m not so sure about that. As long as he can keep the grift going and get people to donate to his political endeavors, real or imagined, I think he’ll keep doing it and he’ll say whatever he thinks will get them to keep sending him their money. If he does run in 2024 and loses, assuming Republican legislatures don’t override the vote and just hand the election to Trump, I see no reason to assume he won’t claim the election was stolen and keep right on grifting with an eye on 2028.

still not soon enough, regardless

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Said it before, will say it again -- there aren't many other occasions in human history where the fate of humanity have been better served by the death of just one person.  Praying all those Big Macs do their job.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Michael Cohen said yesterday he's not running again and that the first time was a fluke. He's fully on the grift now and has no real plans to run. Take that fwiw

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I trust Michael Cohen about as much as I trust Donny, Jr to share coke.

How can Trump make the most money with the least amount of work and least amount of oversight?

If he sits the election out, but plays kingmaker, he could make a lot of money for very little work.  Any and all obligations he has are obligations that he chooses, rather than those imposed upon him by the office of the Presidency.  

If he runs and looses, his brand and ego are damaged.  If he plays kingmaker and his choice loses, he gets to blame it on the guy he picked.

Playing kingmaker means he gets to sell his branding and in theory he could funnel a lot of campaign money through his organizations.  That's why he setup his Super PAC(s).

Trump could literally tell candidates "Hey, you want my endorsement, maybe you need to run some money through one of my properties so I can get a chance to take some photos with you, make a speech for you."

• Hook 'Em 2

then we have very different ideas about what “standing up to Trump” means and looks like
there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of despicable, racist, hate driven, incompetent, anti-democratic, criminal, and/or traitorous acts and statements by Trump over the past 5 years where these folks - and every other Republican - had the opportunity to speak out and say, “this is wrong, this is not what the Republican Party is about, and I demand better, I demand change, I demand Trump and everything he stands for be jettisoned from this party.”  And they did and said nothing.  Because thats exactly what the Republican Party is all about.  

giphy.gif

Ooh….do it again!

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Said it before, will say it again -- there aren't many other occasions in human history where the fate of humanity have been better served by the death of just one person.  Praying all those Big Macs do their job.

The Big Macs are taking too long.  I'm pulling for him to choke on a chicken bone, slowly and painfully, but fatally.

• Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"The former president’s call to the Willard hotel about stopping Biden’s certification is increasingly a central focus of the House select committee’s investigation into the Capitol attack, as it raises the specter of a possible connection between Trump and the insurrection."

YARN | Now that you mention it.... | Seinfeld (1993) - S08E03 The Bizarro  Jerry | Video gifs by quotes | e8a25d70 | 紗

I know this is procedural (in theory), but this is just like when his term first started and the media was afraid to say he was lying.  We all know what happened.  It's fucking obvious.  It couldn't be more obvious.  So frustrating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thoughts and prayers to the family of Capt. Lawrence Visoki on his upcoming suicide.

I like how he clarified his comments and said; “all these flights were before he was President.”   Thank God Trump wouldn’t do anything to defile the honor of the Oval Office.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Thoughts and prayers to the family of Capt. Lawrence Visoki on his upcoming suicide.

I like how he clarified his comments and said; “all these flights were before he was President.”   Thank God Trump wouldn’t do anything to defile the honor of the Oval Office.  

So he was on it multiple times?  I'm assuming there's no proof. 

I’ve never been to the USVI, but I would assume a passenger manifest would be required by the FAA and local officials, in addition to the flight plan.
i. could see Clinton having the ability to be left off that list for security reasons (could claim secret service doesn’t like outsiders to know former Presidents travel patterns or some shit like that.   But no way Trump held that kind of sway back then.  

I’m sure he tried, “don’t write my name down.   I’m a famous billionaire.”  And the FBO official having to say, “sir, look around you…everybody here is a famous billionaire.  USVI won’t grant clearance until I send the manifest and plan.”  

of course we all know if this proves true, that MAQA nation won’t accept it.  It was a deep state antifa operator that posed as Trump to have sex with young girls.  

49 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Drudge breaking headline (flashing light and all): EPSTEIN PILOT SAYS TRUMP FLEW ON 'LOLITA EXPRESS'

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4176059/donald-trump-andrew-clinton-epstein-maxwell/

Giant duh.  I am kind of figuring there are a lot of prominent people from a lot of different backgrounds that are going to be named here.  I hope they all go down.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement