A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Back around 2008 or so some loony Russian bureaucrat was going around predicting the US would break up into six or so separate countries.  I figured those articles were clickbait but hell he was probably leading the mind control ops that have sunk this country.  Joke’s on me I guess.

He's a plagiarizing Russian bureaucrat. I read this book in the 80s. It probably wasn't very original either.

https://www.abebooks.com/Nine-Nations-North-America-Garreau-Joel/31081021587/bd?cm_mmc=ggl-_-US_Shopp_Trade_10to20-_-product_id=COM9780380578856USED-_-keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAiA866PBhAYEiwANkIneK-kbLkFQP3qCJvL_TmAoCqN6nbwBIyWmPki5F5z9oOiBvSZxbY76hoCl6EQAvD_BwE

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

One thing I always loved about Austin was Eeyores birthday party. Over the years it transformed from a party in the park about smoking pot to a party about smoking pot in the park in a drum circle. Time marches on.

Isn’t the first rule of attending Eeyore’s birthday party, “avoid the drum circle?”

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Spoke to my FIL today (voted dotard in 16, biden in 20) and he doesn't think dotard will get the nomination in 24 and also said there are "crazies on both sides".  This is my fucking concern.  A lot of people think this is over.  We got rid of dotard in 20 and they have gone back to their "normal" world.  They don't pay attention and don't see what the Rs are continuing to do.

This is why we are going to lose.  

I don't think Trump is running in '24 - I think he wants to play kingmaker and control the purse strings of the GOP.  Multiple reasons I and others have hashed out already, but it keeps him in Mara Lago, he makes more money, it won't stop the NY stuff, etc.

We fixate on the GOP trying to desperately hold on to power by making voting harder for certain groups, but my concern is that we'll get a GOP candidate who, unlike Trump, truly understands the social media ground game, who understands (or hires the folks who do) the ways to work around all of the limitations that social media platforms claim to have been working on over the past 3-4 years. Trump got lucky that Bannon and a few others around him hired the right company(ies) and blindsided Facebook, etc.  I don't think Trump will have anybody that savvy around him at this point, for several reasons, and it'll be harder to pull that off without those accounts being quickly banned.

But just look at his multiple botched social media fuckups - it's been a year since twitter banned him, and the IT intern still hasn't setup a competent WordPress install, and for whatever reason, Trump is not drawing many people to his website as it is, even though they have his official statements everyday.

That GOP candidate won't need the voting restrictions the GOP is pushing through right now, because he or she will have a social media game that will do an end run around the limitations/restrictions of current platforms, and they will know how to depress voter turnout in some areas and boost it in others without the risk of rigged ballots being discovered, or the need to make it harder to vote.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's fucking nuts right?  Every once in a while I take a step back and have this reaction.  How the fuck did we let this happen?

Never underestimate the ability of evil people to leverage stupid people for mal-intent.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't think Trump is running in '24 - I think he wants to play kingmaker and control the purse strings of the GOP.  Multiple reasons I and others have hashed out already, but it keeps him in Mara Lago, he makes more money, it won't stop the NY stuff, etc.

We fixate on the GOP trying to desperately hold on to power by making voting harder for certain groups, but my concern is that we'll get a GOP candidate who, unlike Trump, truly understands the social media ground game, who understands (or hires the folks who do) the ways to work around all of the limitations that social media platforms claim to have been working on over the past 3-4 years. Trump got lucky that Bannon and a few others around him hired the right company(ies) and blindsided Facebook, etc.  I don't think Trump will have anybody that savvy around him at this point, for several reasons, and it'll be harder to pull that off without those accounts being quickly banned.

But just look at his multiple botched social media fuckups - it's been a year since twitter banned him, and the IT intern still hasn't setup a competent WordPress install, and for whatever reason, Trump is not drawing many people to his website as it is, even though they have his official statements everyday.

That GOP candidate won't need the voting restrictions the GOP is pushing through right now, because he or she will have a social media game that will do an end run around the limitations/restrictions of current platforms, and they will know how to depress voter turnout in some areas and boost it in others without the risk of rigged ballots being discovered, or the need to make it harder to vote.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but my main point wasn’t about trump, as much as the Rs in general. People like my FIL are going to yank that R lever in 2024 like they are starting a mower because they think Dotard was the problem. They stopped paying attention and the Rs are running roughshod over the republic. 

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don’t necessarily disagree, but my main point wasn’t about trump, as much as the Rs in general. People like my FIL are going to yank that R lever in 2024 like they are starting a mower because they think Dotard was the problem. They stopped paying attention and the Rs are running roughshod over the republic. 

There is some truth to this.  As a recovering R, I am equally or more frustrated by the debasement of the party before Trump, as Trump himself.  I fear that a lot of Trump dislikers don't see or share that, and just have some vague notion that "conservative is better" without having looked at what that actually means these days.

On the other hand, the disgust evinced by the probably 75% of this board that would have called themselves "conservative" 6-7 years ago is encouraging.  Most of my old friends are like this, as well.  I live in an affluent, conservative stronghold that is mostly this way, as well, with a few conspicuous holdouts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Speaking of rigging the voting, Trump had things to say on Friday.

FJo-PnLXIAI8Pjp?format=jpg&name=large

What Trump doesn’t understand is his lawyers are either corrupt or morons, but probably both. Just because you have Giuliani’s insane ass with you, it doesn’t mean what you did wasn’t illegal. Oh, everything I said was cool, I had a lawyer there.

Here is the transcript. It’s so obviously illegal it’s sad

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/highlights-of-trump-s-call-with-the-georgia-secretary-of-state-1/b67c0d9dbde1a697/full.pdf

TRUMP: We have, we have, we have won this election in Georgia based on all of this. And there’s, there’s nothing wrong with saying that, Brad. You know, I mean, having the, having a correct — the people of Georgia are angry and these numbers are going to be repeated on Monday night, along with others that we’re going to have by that time, which are much more substantial even. And the people of Georgia are angry, the people of the country are angry. And there’s nothing wrong with saying that, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated. And there’s nothing wrong with saying that, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated because the 2,236 and absentee ballots, I mean, they’re all exact numbers that were, were done by accounting firms, law firms, etc. And even if you cut ’em in half, cut ’em in half and cut ’em in half again, it’s more votes than we need.

TRUMP: ... because, you know what they did and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal — that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk. But they are shredding ballots, in my opinion, based on what I’ve heard. And they are removing machinery and they’re moving it as fast as they can, both of which are criminal finds. And you can’t let it happen and you are letting it happen. You know, I mean, I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have ...

TRUMP: So tell me, Brad, what are we going to do? We won the election, and it’s not fair to take it away from us like this. And it’s going to be very costly in many ways. And I think you have to say that you’re going to re-examine it, and you can re-examine it, but re-examine it with people that want to find answers, not people that don’t want to find answers. For instance, I’m hearing Ryan, and he’s probably, I’m sure a great lawyer and everything. But he’s making statements about those ballots that he doesn’t know. But he’s making them with such — he did make them with surety. But now I think he’s less sure, because the answer is they all went to Biden, and that alone wins us the election by a lot. You know, so.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What Trump doesn’t understand is his lawyers are either corrupt or morons, but probably both. Just because you have Giuliani’s insane ass with you, it doesn’t mean what you did wasn’t illegal. Oh, everything I said was cool, I had a lawyer there.

Here is the transcript. It’s so obviously illegal it’s sad

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/highlights-of-trump-s-call-with-the-georgia-secretary-of-state-1/b67c0d9dbde1a697/full.pdf

Yeah, the presence of lawyers doesn't mean shit.  But JFC, the guy talks in such astonishing word salad, it's hard to pin him down on anything.

13 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It ain’t over. Far from it.

I knew we were in danger but I foolishly did not see January 6 happening. Luckily the worst didn’t happen but what has happened since is worse. These people must hang and since Biden is the president, it still can happen. 

The fact Jan 6 happened, and the impact can be greatly debated; and things have worked out accordingly is in fact a credit to this great nation.

Some folks sit there while the system actually works and cling to some imaginary defeat.  I hate that mindset.

15 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

The coup is still in motion. We lucked out a year ago. I hate the mindset that thinks that everything is just fine now when in reality we are still in a lot of danger

Yep. If the mob finds mike pence they kill him and we are living in a trump dictatorship. It only takes one bullet. Someone had a gun. 

Luckily that failed but the Republican Party is not yet finished trying to overthrow American democracy. It is time to recognize that as a fact. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

The fact Jan 6 happened, and the impact can be greatly debated; and things have worked out accordingly is in fact a credit to this great nation.

Some folks sit there while the system actually works and cling to some imaginary defeat.  I hate that mindset.

NYTimesHitler1924-1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

This committee will be fucked after the midterms. I hope that too much time has not been wasted. It will be as brutal as watching the end of a blowout basketball game.

Hopefully the DOJ will be immutable for about 3 years.

The committee will be done with its investigation before the end of the year so the midterms are not gonna matter for that. What’s unknown is if and when the DOJ will act. They better or were fucked. 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

NYTimesHitler1924-1.jpg

You give Der Cheeto too much credit. You also think everything is borderline Hitler relived, as in, a shit ton of your comments go there.

Trump is not that, nor does he have the support.  Too many people see him for who he is, including many in his alleged side of the aisle.  I say that because dude is a free agent, and certainly not a traditional GOP candidate nor a conservative.  He is all about Trump.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Trump is not that, nor does he have the support.  Too many people see him for who he is, including many in his alleged side of the aisle.  I say that because dude is a free agent, and certainly not a traditional GOP candidate nor a conservative.  He is all about Trump.

What have you seen from the GOP that makes you think this?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Until the people responsible have been held accountable, the system actually hasn't worked. There are people fine with not holding them accountable. I hate that mindset.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

You give Der Cheeto too much credit. You also think everything is borderline Hitler relived, as in, a shit ton of your comments go there.

Hitler and those surrounding him were also seen as bumbling fools. They were very much underestimated Have you not been paying attention to anything that has been happening this past year? The number of those that support the Big Lie running for positions that were key in preventing trump from being installed the last go around is frightening.  

Edited by SubliminalHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

Until the people responsible have been held accountable, the system actually hasn't worked. There are people fine with not holding them accountable. I hate that mindset.

agreed.  I said the day it happened that they should be held accountable and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. 

I still feel that way.  I roll my eyes at their alleged remorse or public statements about wishing they hadn't done it now.

They knew what they were doing was wrong.  It was deliberately disruptive and anything but patriotic.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

If trump runs in the Republican primary he wins. He mops the floor with desadist. He knows it, I know it, and you should too. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

If trump runs in the Republican primary he wins. He mops the floor with desadist. He knows it, I know it, and you should too. 

I figure he might. It won't be with my vote.

He lost to a fucking corpse in 2020.  There is no improvement to be had in the opposition?

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

agreed.  I said the day it happened that they should be held accountable and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. 

I still feel that way.  I roll my eyes at their alleged remorse or public statements about wishing they hadn't done it now.

They knew what they were doing was wrong.  It was deliberately disruptive and anything but patriotic.

Not the pawns that showed up, that are taking the brunt of the feeble efforts this far at punishment. The orchestrators, up to and including trump. The ones that conceived the whole idea and manipulated the morons into action.  They need to pay severely. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, slorch said:

I figure he might. It won't be with my vote.

He lost to a fucking corpse in 2020.  There is no improvement to be had in the opposition?

I think you are underestimating how insane the Republican Party has become. Donald Trump is by far the most popular politician among the republican base. There is no second place. The Moscow Mitch wing of the party may be wishcasting for Ron desadist, but until trump is gone from the picture, it ain’t happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

No man, I'm saying that history has a concerning number of parallels with current events. I'm not calling Trump "Hitler". I'm saying he and his campaign and followers have consistently used pages from the fascist playbook.

He drafted a fucking executive order to have the military seize voting machines. His campaign tried to seat fraudulent electors to the electoral college. Both of these things were hidden for MORE THAN A FUCKING YEAR by abusing our legal system. He sees the government as a weapon to wield against his enemies. 

He absolutely does have the support. 

I do notice that you seem to subscribe to the "great man" school of history, rather than trends and forces. You're acting like nobody but trump could do what he did - in reality he was just the person who it coalesced around. I believe it's a matter of trends and forces, and given the current GOP and useful idiots that pull the (R) lever, anyone who is a bad actor can and will win. They'll seize power legally, just as every other fascist government has, and you'll be sitting right along saying "well at least I'm not a libtard" as democracy fails.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not the pawns that showed up, that are taking the brunt of the feeble efforts this far at punishment. The orchestrators, up to and including trump. The ones that conceived the whole idea and manipulated the morons into action.  They need to pay severely. 

Prosecute what can be proven, otherwise it's a witch hunt.  That's not the system working either.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I do notice that you seem to subscribe to the "great man" school of history, rather than trends and forces. You're acting like nobody but trump could do what he did - in reality he was just the person who it coalesced around. I believe it's a matter of trends and forces, and given the current GOP and useful idiots that pull the (R) lever, anyone who is a bad actor can and will win. They'll seize power legally, just as every other fascist government has, and you'll be sitting right along saying "well at least I'm not a libtard" as democracy fails.

Not sure what you mean here.  In fact, I tend to dismiss personalities from politics.  I'm a much more "show me the baby" type of evaluator.  i work with people every day with whom I don't like on a personal level.  It matters not, as we have a job to do.  I view politicians the same way.  Trump is most certainly NOT a great man.  The most I have ever identified in support of him is how much he drives the left nuts. Then I saw it it went to him becoming a cult of personality while in office.  It was at that point I was out.

He doesn't care about the country.  He cares about Trump.  He's a fucking proven loser.  he should own it, but cannot.

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

No man, I'm saying that history has a concerning number of parallels with current events. I'm not calling Trump "Hitler". I'm saying he and his campaign and followers have consistently used pages from the fascist playbook.

He drafted a fucking executive order to have the military seize voting machines. His campaign tried to seat fraudulent electors to the electoral college. Both of these things were hidden for MORE THAN A FUCKING YEAR by abusing our legal system. He sees the government as a weapon to wield against his enemies. 

He absolutely does have the support. 

And this is what cannot happen which is why the Republican Party needs to be declared illegal as an enemy combatant party of treason hell bent on the destruction of democracy in America. It’s not like they are even trying to hide it. It’s all there right out in the open. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Trump is a lowife mobster, a pussy, a cheap bastard, a dumbass, and a narcissistic sociopath

The plan for Jan 6 was classic mob boss behavior when they wanted to shut down a construction site. Tell the union rep that it would be a shame if the site had some issues on this day. Thats all.

What about the security? “Security? It’s a joke. I’m the midnight to 8 man. I’m the commandant.” Sound familiar? Thats from GoodFellas.

Trump would have been fine had some OathKeepers bagged a few senators, but allowing for chaos to ferment was the goal to delay the certification. Be a shame if something happened that day.

Trump was responsible. But also is never precise in his language, doesnt text or use emails, and only cooperates when absolutely necessary.

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I think you are underestimating how insane the Republican Party has become. Donald Trump is by far the most popular politician among the republican base. There is no second place. The Moscow Mitch wing of the party may be wishcasting for Ron desadist, but until trump is gone from the picture, it ain’t happening. 

I was questioning whether the Dems would have an improved position/ candidate going into 2024.  Seems many on this thread are pretty damned confident that isn't happening.  

I am in agreement that if Trump runs, he almost certainly gets the GOP nom.

Edited by slorch

Just now, JimmyJames said:

The Republican Party supports the attack on the capitol, supports the lie that the election was stolen, supports laws that are specifically designed to stop people from voting twice or more, and supports violence in order to achieve its goals. 

What fucking more do you need to understand what it is? 

LOlz.  i can't believe you said it.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not sure what you mean here.  In fact, I tend to dismiss personalities from politics.  I'm a much more "show me the baby" type of evaluator.  i work with people every day with whom I don't like on a personal level.  It matters not, as we have a job to do.  I view politicians the same way.  Trump is most certainly NOT a great man.  The most I have ever identified in support of him is how much he drives the left nuts. Then I saw it it went to him becoming a cult of personality while in office.  It was at that point I was out.

He doesn't care about the country.  He cares about Trump.  He's a fucking proven loser.  he should own it, but cannot.

It's amazing how you see one thing to latch on to and ignore the rest of my post. My entire point was that people like YOU who want nothing more than to troll your political enemies make people like Trump inevitable. People who have no real goal but to punish their political adversaries is what feeds our decay.

You don't care about the country. You care about making the left mad. You're a fucking loser. You should own it, but cannot.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Fuck off. Changing my words to fit your dumb narrative? You are being ridiculous. 

Wow that's a new low from @slorch to edit your post in the quote and outright lie and misrepresent what you said. What a fucking hack. I wonder how long before he runs back to DT to whine about how he can't just build straw man arguments unchallenged.

Goddamn man, that's some texags shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, slorch said:

You should have known all of this before he was elected.  Most of us did.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Prosecute what can be proven, otherwise it's a witch hunt.  That's not the system working either.

But we have to investigate first. Too many people seem to be fine with zero investigation into Jan 6, 2021. Oddly, they seemed fine with investigating Hillary. Just more bad faith positioning. Many of those people also use the phrase "witch hunt".

Your response former response doesn't jive with the latter.

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Wow that's a new low from @slorch to edit your post in the quote and outright lie and misrepresent what you said. What a fucking hack. I wonder how long before he runs back to DT to whine about how he can't just build straw man arguments unchallenged.

Goddamn man, that's some texags shit. 

Yeah that was a first one for me. Had not ever seen that before. Really fucking bizarre. 

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's where somebody with a solid social media game will clean up.  They'll convince the typical R voters that they should still hate the librools just as much as they did under Trump, and that Hunter Biden is going to sexually assault their daughters with M&Ms and meth, and they are going to run that campaign without Trump being involved, and will even convince many that Trump was the problem, as you say.  Not that Trump himself was the problem, but the opposition to Trump was the problem, or maybe the people around Trump were the problem.  Some variation on that.

They will have to crack the Qanon problem though - that's potentially millions of voters that may not show up without Trump, and you gotta get crazy to get the crazies out to vote.  The candidate(s) I'm talking about are going to run a slick and safe campaign that is crazy-free and allows Republicans to pretend like it was all just Trump (or people around Trump) and that the GOP isn't really the GQP and that Republicans are still good people, even if they voted for Trump.

Edited by atomheartbevo

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement