A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, slorch said:

The fact Jan 6 happened, and the impact can be greatly debated; and things have worked out accordingly is in fact a credit to this great nation.

Some folks sit there while the system actually works and cling to some imaginary defeat.  I hate that mindset.

Republicans are vowing to reverse everything the Jan. 6 has been doing if they win back the House this year, so no, the system isn't working.

While I'm not on Brisket's ledge, I need to see the Republicans stay in the minority after November, and then I'll feel a lot better and will feel like the system is working, because at that point, you'll see Mitch and McCarthy go hard in the paint against the Trump faction of the party.  Trump and Co. have given themselves a mulligan and Mitch and McCarthy (well more McCarthy than Mitch) are treating it as such, but that evaporates if the Democrats hold on to power after the mid-terms. There's a lot of tolerance of Trump as long as Republicans can win back a chamber.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Trump is not that, nor does he have the support.  Too many people see him for who he is, including many in his alleged side of the aisle.  

See above.  Republicans in Congress are vowing to end any Congressional look into Jan. 6 if they win the mid-terms.  They are treating the people who assaulted the Capitol as heroes.  Sure, they may privately see him for what he is, but publicly and in terms of actions, they are giving him that support.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

@slorch answer this, if you will. Yes or no is preferred. 

should the number of polling places in a given area be determined by and normalized to the population of the area?

LOLz.  Seriously.  If you want to vote in this country on any level, it's easy as fuck.  I'm all about ease of access, but I'm also about limiting every citizen to ONE verified cast vote.  Stop the avenues to cheating and I'd be more likely to see it your way.

I support( and participate) in early voting.  I haven't voted on 'election day' in particular in many moons. I know many on the right oppose early voting, but I absolutely do not.

It is right to make voting easier. It's also critically important to validate that ballot.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

LOLz.  Seriously.  If you want to vote in this country on any level, it's easy as fuck.  I'm all about ease of access, but I'm also about limiting every citizen to ONE verified cast vote.  Stop the avenues to cheating and I'd be more likely to see it your way.

I support( and participate) in early voting.  I haven't voted on 'election day' in particular in many moons. I know many on the right oppose early voting, but I absolutely do not.

It is right to make voting easier. It's also critically important to validate that ballot.

So you are against removing polling places, you are against removing early voting?

45 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Fuck off. Changing my words to fit your dumb narrative? You are being ridiculous. 

40 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Wow that's a new low from @slorch to edit your post in the quote and outright lie and misrepresent what you said. What a fucking hack. I wonder how long before he runs back to DT to whine about how he can't just build straw man arguments unchallenged.

Goddamn man, that's some texags shit. 

That's some weak-ass shit right there. Slorch should get some time off for that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

"Do you think we should have number of voting locations for an area be proportional to population of that area?"

"I support early voting!"

Fuck outta here you feckless cunt. You can't even answer a fucking yes/no question.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's amazing how you see one thing to latch on to and ignore the rest of my post. My entire point was that people like YOU who want nothing more than to troll your political enemies make people like Trump inevitable. People who have no real goal but to punish their political adversaries is what feeds our decay.

You don't care about the country. You care about making the left mad. You're a fucking loser. You should own it, but cannot.

LOlz.  My political enemies?  I don't see fellow citizens like that.

YOU do.  

Edited by slorch

Just now, Captainant said:

"Do you think we should have number of voting locations for an area be proportional to population of that area?"

"I support early voting!"

Fuck outta here you feckless cunt. You can't even answer a fucking yes/no question.

Because I don't follow the politicized rules?

fuck off with that bullshit.  You know it's an angled question.

Fuck that.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That's some weak-ass shit right there. Slorch should get some time off for that.

Really?  for fucking with Jimmy James?

some a Y'all are unhinged.

I have posted multiple times in the thread in good faith, but you want a timeout for me messing with JJ?  Get over yourself.

Report it, Sir.  You've been threatened, bygawd!!!

Edited by slorch

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So you are against removing polling places, you are against removing early voting?

Yes.  I support expanding it.  

Can't speak to removing polling places, as I also feel like that is a cherry-picked question.  I support folks having reasonable access to the polls.  Yes, absolutely.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOlz.  My political enemies?  I don't see fellow citizens like that.

YOu do.

Very trumpy response. "I'm not the puppet! You are! No puppet!"

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Because I don't follow the politicized rules?

fuck off with that bullshit.  You know it's an angled question.

Fuck that.

What is political about having a proportional number of voting locations to the local voting  population? Please elucidate that to me.

Or do you just not like what your answer shows about you?

Just now, Captainant said:

Very trumpy response. "I'm not the puppet! You are! No puppet!"

What is political about having a proportional number of voting locations to the local voting  population? Please elucidate that to me.

Or do you just not like what your answer shows about you?

Dude. go chase a different windmill.

I am not your enemy.

19 minutes ago, slorch said:

You know that pretty much any time actual voter fraud is discovered, it’s on the R side. I know you know that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

You know that pretty much any time actual voter fraud is discovered, it’s on the R side. I know you know that. 

The dems hide it better?

(ducks)

I am so unpartisan on this shit.  I want everyone to be able to vote. I want everyone to only vote once per election.

If things go towards that, I am for them.

Yes.  I support expanding it.  

Can't speak to removing polling places, as I also feel like that is a cherry-picked question.  I support folks having reasonable access to the polls.  Yes, absolutely.

To me, reasonable access means nearby and without having to spend hours in line.  Voting should be more or less the same whether you do it in a large city or a tiny town.  

The dems hide it better?

(ducks)

I am so unpartisan on this shit.  I want everyone to be able to vote. I want everyone to only vote once per election.

Then you should be for the voting rights act. It’s quite simple. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Dude. go chase a different windmill.

I am not your enemy.

You voted for Trump, think investigating January 6th is a "witch hunt", and consistently imply the big lie of voter fraud being why Trump lost.

Your actions are those of someone who does not want accountability, and will actively fight against it. You certainly are not a friend or ally. In fact, your stated desired goal is to piss off people like me. So fuck you, you fucking intellectually dishonest hack.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You voted for Trump, think investigating January 6th is a "witch hunt", and consistently imply the big lie of voter fraud being why Trump lost.

Your actions are those of someone who does not want accountability, and will actively fight against it. You certainly are not a friend or ally. In fact, your stated desired goal is to piss off people like me. So fuck you, you fucking intellectually dishonest hack.

I did not vote for Trump in 2020.  I publicly declared on here around mid 2018 or so that I was out on Trump.  Still am.

I'm not wearing a particular jersey beyond red, white, and blue right now.  Is that cool?

My mental wellbeing is just teetering upon whether or not I have your endorsement...

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

You should have known all of this before he was elected.  Most of us did.  

I did the 2nd time?

There was no way a vote for Hillary was ever going to happen in 2016.  Sorry, it just wasn't.

For me it was when his military advisors bailed.   Y'all can understand that, given my background.  When Mattis resigned, it was the final straw for me.

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

I did not vote for Trump in 2020.  I publicly declared on here around mid 2018 or so that I was out on Trump.  Still am.

I'm not wearing a particular jersey beyond red, white, and blue right now.  Is that cool?

My mental wellbeing is just teetering upon whether or not I have your endorsement...

You're "out on trump", but continue to imply and repeat the big lie of election fraud being why Trump lost and the (R)s lost both houses. You continue to insist that voting in easier than ever, while our state and every other red state is gerrymandered to hell and back - AND while predominantly black districts have had a plurality of voting locations closed on them. And of course those areas are where all the voting fraud happens too, right?

Not sure why you feel like you need to be wearing a jersey to show your allegiance - although considering your anti-democratic behavior, I could understand why you feel a need to signal what your actions deny.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

When Mattis resigned, it was the final straw for me.

The rightwing Fox News host Laura Ingraham has stoked outrage by announcing that the chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff had tested positive for Covid-19 – and applauding as she did so.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2022/jan/18/fox-news-laura-ingraham-covid-mark-milley-outrage

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

The rightwing Fox News host Laura Ingraham has stoked outrage by announcing that the chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff had tested positive for Covid-19 – and applauding as she did so.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2022/jan/18/fox-news-laura-ingraham-covid-mark-milley-outrage

I'm also in love with Milley.

He's a bonefide badass.  ( yes, I even say so in front of Trumper friends.)

*out of rep or would have +hit your post

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Republicans have left you. Vote for the Party that seeks equal voting rights, @slorch

Republicans left me when W was in office.

I am aware.

The fact that I haven't turned left should tell you how fucked up your financials are.  and they are absolutely fucked up beyond all reasonable tenability.

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ok, but that wasn't the question.

Lolz. fair enough.

I am aware of the bullshit that was thrown about.

I am in agreement that it was complete bullshit.

Notated previously, I support total prosecution within the law of the Jan6 crap.

Just now, slorch said:

nope.

I am in no man's land.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

-- Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Sorry, but no one gets to sit this shit out anymore.  Either we're okay with a con man and a news network fomenting anger among the stupid and inciting them to insurrection or we're not.  It's way beyond politics now.

If you get the chance in 2024 to vote for anyone other than whichever Trump or Trump clone wins the GOP nomination, and you don't do so, you have chosen the side of Trumpism.  I really hope you can see that.

• Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

-- Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Sorry, but no one gets to sit this shit out anymore.  Either we're okay with a con man and a news network fomenting anger among the stupid and inciting them to insurrection or we're not.  It's way beyond politics now.

If you get the chance in 2024 to vote for anyone other than whichever Trump or Trump clone wins the GOP nomination, and you don't do so, you have chosen the side of Trumpism.  I really hope you can see that.

I did not for Trump in 2020, nor will I in 2024.

That does not equate to auto-grant of the leftist economic bullshit they are trying to ram through.

There is a responsibility there too, as much as they would like for there to be none.

They seem to equate "anti Trump"= we can do whatever the fuck we want.  Yeah, that's irresponsible too.

Edited by slorch

57 minutes ago, slorch said:

The dems hide it better?

(ducks)

Should Texas law provide for those who vote by mail to be given the reason a ballot is rejected? 

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

people cant admit when they've been conned. it's humiliating for them and nobody likes that.

For me it wasn't about being conned.  It was about how bad it was what Hillary offered.

Interpret however you like, but she sucked as an option.

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

That does not equate to auto-grant of the leftist economic bullshit they are trying to ram through.

Can you provide specifics outside of your rhetoric as to these economic policies they're trying to ram through? Certainly nothing like a massive multi trillion dollar tax bill with handwritten amendments in the margin that's passed in the dead of night without debate, deliberation, or review, right?

Or are you ok with the auto-grant of far right economic bullshit getting rammed through?

I'm cool with that.

Seriously.

Good to know. It should be clear to the most casual observer why Texas won’t voluntarily disclose this information and why it requires voters to request new ballot applications even if the state has not notified voters of a change. It’s how Republicans in Texas and elsewhere legalize vote suppression.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement