A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Why is he making such a big deal about it? I’m sure he’s lied about having one dozens of times. 

Seriously?

You and I both know that he's told someone he has taken the biggest shit of anyone ever, simply because he has to make a big deal out of everything.  

If the motherfucker had to have open heart surgery tomorrow, he would brag about how many bypasses he had to have during the procedure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

“181 yards into a slight wind….that sailed magnificently into a rather strong wind.”

I mean if you’re full of shit at least keep your story straight.  Remember that good liars give details and even better liars don’t.  

And I checked. The average PGA tour pro hits their 5i 195 yards and the senior tour (which starts at 50) hits their 5i 185. So I’m sure an out of shape guy pushing 80 hits his 5i 180 yards into a slight / substantial wind. 

Of all his bullshit not sure why this irritates me so much.  Probably still brooding over my near miss a few weeks ago (8i from 170 - negligible wind) or his ongoing treason. Must be one of those things 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I bet he carried Ernie Els to victory in that match. 

The Big Easy and the Big Sleazy.  I’ve got a friend that played college golf with Ken Duke (actually a few years after at the same school but knows him through that connection). I’ll see if I can get any details. 

he had somebody plant the ball in the hole, and hide the actual ball. 

I've told this story before, but the GF's Uncle (by marriage) is a Princeton man, an avid golfer, and lived in NYC his entire life until a few years ago when he came out here to get near his daughter. He's in his 80's now.   At lunch not too long ago, the GF asked Uncle if he was ever around Trump.   He said only at golf stuff,  but never really interacted with him much.

He then told a story about a good friend of his that played a round with Trump.  He said when they teed off, everybody saw trump's ball go into the trees.  They were looking around for it for quite a while,  and right at the exact time his friend spotted the ball (with Trump's logo), Trump starts shouting "here it is" while pointing at a ball in the middle of the fairway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That lying about holes in one comes the same week as Rocket Man (whose dad was the worst liar about golf in world history, and that's saying something) is unveiling his newest missile so both aren't overshadowed by Putin.  I mean, c'mon ladies...you couldn't seem more desperate for attention if you announced at last call you were having a dick sucking contest and Poland got to be the judge.

1 hour ago, brown water said:

“181 yards into a slight wind….that sailed magnificently into a rather strong wind.”

I mean if you’re full of shit at least keep your story straight.  Remember that good liars give details and even better liars don’t.  

And I checked. The average PGA tour pro hits their 5i 195 yards and the senior tour (which starts at 50) hits their 5i 185. So I’m sure an out of shape guy pushing 80 hits his 5i 180 yards into a slight / substantial wind. 

Of all his bullshit not sure why this irritates me so much.  Probably still brooding over my near miss a few weeks ago (8i from 170 - negligible wind) or his ongoing treason. Must be one of those things 

All I could think of when reading 45s malarkey:

He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2-iron, I think. [swings, pulverizes a flower] Oh, he got all of that. He's got about 350 yards left, he's going to hit about a 5-iron, it looks like, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing...Tears in his eyes, I guess, as he lines up this last shot. He's got about 195 yards left, and he's got a, looks like he's got about an 8-iron.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blotto said:

Not one person in the GQP cares. The end always  justifies the means for the GQP. Period. Full Stop. Even if Trump was proven to commit a couple of teensy felonies to stay in office, its only because he's such a goddamn patriot that loves his country so much. 

Don't give them talking points--let them figure them out on their own.  Because they will use this.  

Former President Donald Trump's Georgia rally on Saturday failed to draw the number of supporters he has been accustomed to in the southern state, according to multiple journalists covering the event.

Trump held the event in support of several of Georgia's Republican primary candidates in Commerce, Georgia, which is about an hour drive northeast of Atlanta. While the former president has regularly seen tens of thousands attend his events in the state, as well as other states across the country, journalists assessed that the crowd size was underwhelming this weekend.

"I've covered more than two dozen Trump rallies around the nation. This is the smallest crowd I've seen at a rally of his in Georgia since he won the 2016 election—significantly smaller than the crowd in Perry in September," Greg Bluestein, a political reporter at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweeted

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

he had somebody plant the ball in the hole, and hide the actual ball. 

I've told this story before, but the GF's Uncle (by marriage) is a Princeton man, an avid golfer, and lived in NYC his entire life until a few years ago when he came out here to get near his daughter. He's in his 80's now.   At lunch not too long ago, the GF asked Uncle if he was ever around Trump.   He said only at golf stuff,  but never really interacted with him much.

He then told a story about a good friend of his that played a round with Trump.  He said when they teed off, everybody saw trump's ball go into the trees.  They were looking around for it for quite a while,  and right at the exact time his friend spotted the ball (with Trump's logo), Trump starts shouting "here it is" while pointing at a ball in the middle of the fairway. 

There’s a whole book about Trump cheating at golf. I am not the biggest Rick Reilly fan but it’s worth the Kindle price. 

Did he just refer to Scantron as a place? 

Like somebody was describing standardized testing in schools to him, and he thought it was the steel town in Pennsylvania?  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

74 fucking million idiots voted for this idiot. i'm still fucking amazed by this.

He's a religion, not a political candidate. Its a cult, not a political campaign. It doesnt have to make "sense"

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

74 fucking million idiots voted for this idiot. i'm still fucking amazed by this.

I’ll never be able to wrap my head around it. I really thought everyone knew he was a buffoon and his popularity was as someone we were all laughing at. He’s a cartoon character. To suddenly find that so many people actually took him seriously was a shock. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

That is astounding. What is even more astounding is that more voted for him the second time.

When you take into account the 5-10mm of voters that got siphoned off from him between 2016 & 2020 because they learned to read...his net gain was actually even more unbelievable.  I still base this on some shitty polling done by ART and TPPF. 

Texas Polling Project said there were problems but they weren't that far off...it does seem that about 1/3rd (25mm) just voted straight ticket and would not give a flying fuck if Edi Amin was at the top of the ticket.  Even though straight ticket voting isn't a thing anymore, they just rapid fire click "R" on everything until the machine spits the thing back out.  About 1/3rd (25mm) were just never gonna go for a Democrat, they didn't like Trump, but they were filling out a blended ballot (mostly 'R'), and had their pocketbook/judiciary reasons for Trump with a bit of "Never Biden" peppered in there.  And the final 1/3rd (25mm)...they turned out just to vote for Trump.  For their idol.  Probably lost interest in the rest of the ballot and passed out from a meth binge.  But they were just coming out there to own the libs and fuck shit up.  

Remember, just 35% of American adults voted for Trump.  Not half.  I know y'all think every single Trump voter is an evil, racist moron.  But you're not gonna grasp the new political landscape with that kind of simplistic thinking.  25mm are still just straight ballot chamber of commerce Republicans who'll fall in line behind rational folks like Romney or Rubio or Sasse (again, I know you think those three are evil assholes).  That middle 25 million is the curious bloc to me.  They'll ebb and flow not so much with voting Democrat, but perhaps Libertarian, perhaps not voting at all.  It'll have to do with the Democrat opponent, the economy, foreign affairs, etc.  It's so much you want to sway them, it's just how will they fall in line with the GOP marching orders.  The last 25 million are lost to time.  And they present the greatest threat to the United States of America since 1941 Japan.  And nevermind me, I'll just be over here organizing summer camps.

I thought it was odd that none of the other players had balls anywhere near the green when he 'made' that shot.  But they also happened just to be there to congratulate him on the shot almost immediately.  And he can hit a 5-iron as far as some PGA/all Senior PGA players.  

45 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this happened and the 7+ hours missing from his phone records from 1/6 and barely a mention on this board.

trump has normalized trumpyness and we should all be mortified.

So true. 
Hey, Vlad, if there’s a lull in the murdering, could you please release some dirt on Hunter? I’m kinda on the hot seat here.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this happened and the 7+ hours missing from his phone records from 1/6 and barely a mention on this board.

trump has normalized trumpyness and we should all be mortified.

Yep. We have an electorate divided into three groups: those who watch FOX all day. Those who vote Dem but don't watch much of any news. Those who don't lift a finger to even have an opinion one way or the other.

Anybody paying attention is, as you describe, getting worn out by the daily outrages. 

It's all pitiful.

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

You know, this is too close to the truth.  It’s kind of like how the “Constitution of the United Kingdom” isn’t written down somewhere in one place and a lot of it is just “we agree these are the rules.”

John Adams said that the Constitution is for a moral and religious people and not for any other. Substitute the 18th century “religion” for “temperate and decent” and …. Yeah.  Our constitution is really thin. It’s designed for people who want to respect it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

I know we still have time before this happens, but if Trump runs for office again (he will), there will be real issues that people aren't grasping yet

There is a legitimate chance of genuine civil unrest that could destabilize the United States. 

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 3:34 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Just a reminder, that judge was considering the crime-fraud exception to attorney-client privilege.   That doesn't require proof beyond a reasonable doubt, sufficient to convict in a criminal court.

But, it is gratifying to see a federal judge, of exactly the type that would oversee a trial of Trump, find that the Committee has made a prima facie/preponderance of the evidence case of obstruction of an official proceeding.

That a number of other judges, including Trump appointees, have refused to dismiss similar charges against 1/6 defendants, on a similar analysis, is another positive data point.

It should be a nudge toward prosecution.

Movie review: 'Man on a Ledge' story is over the top - masslive.com

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement