A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

16 hours ago, Red Five said:

Still bragging about having to take a cognitive test. 

There's a lot of material to choose from, but I have to say this is his most hilarious bit. The fake dialogue with the doctors who are blown away by his performance reliably brings the lulz. I like that this time he mixed in the bit about his uncle being the smartest person in history and how that somehow says something about him. 

He's like one of those pull-string farm animal toys, just repeating the same handful of anecdotes that he can keep sort of straight in his mind. These are going to be truly epic after a couple more years of dementia and Rhonda fully supplanting him in the hearts of the deplorables (I'm sure he'll still be giving speeches to pathetically small crowds to try and keep the grift going). 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

There's a lot of material to choose from, but I have to say this is his most hilarious bit. The fake dialogue with the doctors who are blown away by his performance reliably brings the lulz. I like that this time he mixed in the bit about his uncle being the smartest person in history and how that somehow says something about him. 

He's like one of those pull-string farm animal toys, just repeating the same handful of anecdotes that he can keep sort of straight in his mind. These are going to be truly epic after a couple more years of dementia and Rhonda fully supplanting him in the hearts of the deplorables (I'm sure he'll still be giving speeches to pathetically small crowds to try and keep the grift going). 

I liken him to a Chuck E Cheese or Showbiz Pizza animatronic that was struck by lightning Johnny 5 style. But he hasn't been given sentience, only the freedom and ability to roam the earth constantly repeating the same 15 lines it was programmed to say. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I liken him to a Chuck E Cheese or Showbiz Pizza animatronic that was struck by lightning Johnny 5 style. But he hasn't been given sentience, only the freedom and ability to roam the earth constantly repeating the same 15 lines it was programmed to say. 

i don't think Johny5 wanted to 'interface with his daughterboard' or maybe i missed a subplot.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

But by then I hope he’s hitting people up for Big Macs and how when he was president, they were available to all the athletes that won a major sporting event. 

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

But by then I hope he’s hitting people up for Big Macs and how when he was president, they were available to all the athletes that won a major sporting event. 

I mean, who’s going to eat a Filet-O-Fish that’s been sitting out there for an hour?

22 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

can't throw someone in jail for civil contempt...

“I say Old Bean, you seem a tad reluctant to follow my Orders.   Mightn’t there be confusion? I’m afraid my Clerk will have to issue some contempt thing, dash it all!!  Thanks awfully for listening. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, Sawbonz said:

On 4/23/2022 at 11:15 PM, Eskimohorn said:

That’s awfully third reichy

spacer.png

I zee you failt to make ze donorlist. Herr Dotard vas not heppy mit dis. Most unfortunate. Step to ze rEich right if you pleassse.

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

“McConnell tells his staff that Trump is a ‘despicable person’ and says he will take him on… orally”

FIFY

Am I wrong for hoping that they both kill each other at the same time? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I hate to insult jelly fish or parasitic worms but these fucks don't have a spine between them. More worried about re-election than democracy itself.

...he portions of the book reviewed by The Post detail how leading Washington Republicans loathed or were skeptical of Trump behind the scenes — yet capitulated repeatedly to his demands, fearful of his powerful and loyal base and his ability to damage them politically.

Throughout the book, countless Republicans bad-mouth Trump in private, highlighting his erraticism and devious behavior, only to heap praise on him publicly.

That night, with the attack seared in his mind, McConnell took a strident tone against Trump and his desire to slash his influence going forward, according to the book. Citing the 2014 midterm elections, where McConnell attacked some of the fringe far-right candidates, he said he would take Trump and his ilk down in the 2022 midterms.

McConnell tells his staff that Trump is a “despicable person” and says he will take him on politically.

• Rage+1 1

I don’t think it takes any special genius to spew hate and sow division. Being a thug and a brute is easy. Any idiot can do that. It’s harder to be in a position of power and be thoughtful, careful, reasoned, just, and fair. To know that you don’t know everything and to consider the counsel of others. To be open to learning new things. To be able to change your mind.
Trump just saw that his racist and bigoted hate speech went over with a certain segment of the population. Obama wasn’t born in America. Ban all Muslims from entering the country. Mexicans are rapists and murderers and drug dealers. Neo-Nazis and klansmen in Charlottesville are “fine people.” Countries populated by black people in Africa and the Caribbean are “shithole countries.” Saying we need immigrants from places like Norway. Calling every black female politician who disagrees with him a low IQ individual. Banning transgender people from the military. The list goes on and on.
It doesn’t take a very stable genius to be a bigot and a con man. He’s unquestionably an idiot. I think “savant” is giving him too much credit. He’s just another mob boss. He was born rich. Made a career out of self-promotion through bullshit and lies. Wrecked a number of businesses. Got turned into a reality tv star by the producers of his show and used that new found celebrity to launch a political career based on hate. On that he simply followed the fascist playbook. It’s almost like he took a correspondence course from Vladimir Putin. But maybe such things just come naturally to anyone with authoritarian instincts. 
He is just pure Id. He says something, people cheer, so he says it again. If they don't cheer he says something else until they do.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:
I don’t think it takes any special genius to spew hate and sow division. Being a thug and a brute is easy. Any idiot can do that. It’s harder to be in a position of power and be thoughtful, careful, reasoned, just, and fair. To know that you don’t know everything and to consider the counsel of others. To be open to learning new things. To be able to change your mind.
Trump just saw that his racist and bigoted hate speech went over with a certain segment of the population. Obama wasn’t born in America. Ban all Muslims from entering the country. Mexicans are rapists and murderers and drug dealers. Neo-Nazis and klansmen in Charlottesville are “fine people.” Countries populated by black people in Africa and the Caribbean are “shithole countries.” Saying we need immigrants from places like Norway. Calling every black female politician who disagrees with him a low IQ individual. Banning transgender people from the military. The list goes on and on.
It doesn’t take a very stable genius to be a bigot and a con man. He’s unquestionably an idiot. I think “savant” is giving him too much credit. He’s just another mob boss. He was born rich. Made a career out of self-promotion through bullshit and lies. Wrecked a number of businesses. Got turned into a reality tv star by the producers of his show and used that new found celebrity to launch a political career based on hate. On that he simply followed the fascist playbook. It’s almost like he took a correspondence course from Vladimir Putin. But maybe such things just come naturally to anyone with authoritarian instincts. 

He is just pure Id. He says something, people cheer, so he says it again. If they don't cheer he says something else until they do.

Yep. He’s incredibly shallow and simple. Everything he says and does is testing out how far he can go. Everyone who pledges loyalty to him he will push and push until they come to a line they won’t cross and then he’ll stab them in the back. He’s a sickness, a cancer, a disease. And the new wave of Republicans have decided that the way to win now is to emulate him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I somewhat disagree.  He is a savant when it comes to self-promotion.  It's not a "genius" thing, per se -- it's just his "gift."  Kind of like how some people have a gift for engaging you in conversation in a way that makes you feel like you're the most important person they've ever met.  That's usually not a product of careful study, or high IQ -- it's just something wrapped up in their innate way of being in the world.

Well, Trump has an innate way of being in the world that makes him a gifted con man and manipulator.  It's truly amazing to watch -- he performs at the highest level in that regard.  The truth is cold, but still true: a multiple-times failed businessman who is not very bright at all managed to convince tens of millions of people not just to vote for him but that he is literally anointed by God to be the leader of all men.  There's no questioning the level of his accomplishment there.  That those gifts were given to someone who is pure id, completely amoral, and perhaps the most pathological selfish narcissist in human history is humanity's very, very, very bad fortune.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I somewhat disagree.  He is a savant when it comes to self-promotion.  It's not a "genius" thing, per se -- it's just his "gift."  Kind of like how some people have a gift for engaging you in conversation in a way that makes you feel like you're the most important person they've ever met.  That's usually not a product of careful study, or high IQ -- it's just something wrapped up in their innate way of being in the world.

Well, Trump has an innate way of being in the world that makes him a gifted con man and manipulator.  It's truly amazing to watch -- he performs at the highest level in that regard.  The truth is cold, but still true: a multiple-times failed businessman who is not very bright at all managed to convince tens of millions of people not just to vote for him but that he is literally anointed by God to be the leader of all men.  There's no questioning the level of his accomplishment there.  That those gifts were given to someone who is pure id, completely amoral, and perhaps the most pathological selfish narcissist in human history is humanity's very, very, very bad fortune.

Put a D instead of an R next to his name, and those same people aren't anointing him.  Having an R next to his name and being a racist became synonymous.  Congrats on his innate brilliancy I guess. Now on to the next racist Republican leader.  How will the base possibly rally around this new leader?   

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I know this has been posted before, but it's so goddamned spot on it should be posted every few pages here. Every word is completely unassailable. Even the most ardent trump supporter could not credibly find a single misstatement or untruth. I often struggle to fully articulate the problems with this man because there is seemingly something dumber every second. This summary is just so fucking right.

Holy shit, I've never read that and it is amazingly dead-on-balls-accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement