A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

lol

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-white-house-2653577726/

second-floor offices in the Donald Trump White House were a hot commodity because the former president was averse to climbing the stairs.

"Trump would never climb the stairs (and, by the end of his term, he never had),"

So they are saying he never went to the second floor of the White House?

So, no perp walk then?  Huh… I was promised a perp walk. **teeth grinding***

According to Fischetti, members of Vance’s team said they were considering bringing charges against the Trump Organization and its individual employees related to alleged failures to pay taxes on corporate benefits and perks. It has been widely reported that those perks included cars and apartments, and appear to only involve a small number of executives. 

“We asked, ‘Is there anything else?’” Fischetti told POLITICO. “They said ‘No.’” 

“It’s crazy that that’s all they had,” he added.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiECaVTNbbpe7KFCJkU3hjMlQqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow4Zn5CjCu8uACMLTRlgY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So they are saying he never went to the second floor of the White House?

$50 says if Ivanka had said, "Hey dad, can you meet me upstairs?"  He'd have made it up that staircase faster than his secret service detail.

You see folks, it's funny because he used to molest his own child.  And he wants to do it again before he dies.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

$50 says if Ivanka had said, "Hey dad, can you meet me upstairs?"  He'd have made it up that staircase faster than his secret service detail.

You see folks, it's funny because he used to molest his own child.  And he wants to do it again before he dies.

Used to?

• Haha 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Used to?

Yes, Donald J. Trump, Sr. used to sexually molest his eldest daughter, Ivanka Trump from about ages 10-14.  And he wasn't that good at hiding it. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I meant that he probably still does. 

Yes, I realize what you were doing there Mitch "I used to do drugs.  I still do, but I used to, too" Hedberg.  My tacit implication was that when she was younger, it was molestation.  After she turned 18, it would become rape.  I think she's smart enough not to let him do that anymore after she was 14-16 years of age.  I don't think she'd let him assault her anymore.  But make no mistake, the former President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, Sr. used to sexually molest his adolescent daughter, Ivanka Trump on numerous occasions.  People I take real serious in New York have heard it from her lips.  Donald J. Trump inappropriately touched kids, his own daughter in fact.  But he once held a bible, so it's all good. 

28 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Some of the headlines are misleading - no perp walk in the initial round of indictments.  Well, not unless you are the CFO.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ny-prosecutors-to-indict-trump-org-insider-but-not-trump-sources-say/ar-AALyKcY?ocid=st

Ronald Fischetti, an attorney representing Trump, said on Monday that based on discussions with prosecutors he expects “no charges” will be brought against Trump in the initial round of indictments. Others familiar with the case said prosecutors are preparing criminal charges against Allen Weisselberg, longtime chief financial officer for the Trump Organization, and also are considering criminal charges against the company.

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, I realize what you were doing there Mitch "I used to do drugs.  I still do, but I used to, too" Hedberg.  My tacit implication was that when she was younger, it was molestation.  After she turned 18, it would become rape.  I think she's smart enough not to let him do that anymore after she was 14-16 years of age.  I don't think she'd let him assault her anymore.  But make no mistake, the former President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, Sr. used to sexually molest his adolescent daughter, Ivanka Trump on numerous occasions.  People I take real serious in New York have heard it from her lips.  Donald J. Trump inappropriately touched kids, his own daughter in fact.  But he once held a bible, so it's all good. 

Well since he’s basically one the worst people who ever lived I don’t have a difficult time believing that. 

I used to have a hard time believing it until real serious people I know confirmed it.  Really shitty people, throughout history, have done awful stuff and managed to not molest their own children.  Say what you want about Stalin, nothing but life-affirming hugs from that guy according to his kids, even the adopted one.  

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

According to Fischetti, members of Vance’s team said they were considering bringing charges against the Trump Organization and its individual employees related to alleged failures to pay taxes on corporate benefits and perks. It has been widely reported that those perks included cars and apartments, and appear to only involve a small number of executives. 

“We asked, ‘Is there anything else?’” Fischetti told POLITICO. “They said ‘No.’” 

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiECaVTNbbpe7KFCJkU3hjMlQqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow4Zn5CjCu8uACMLTRlgY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

They want to pressure the CFO to give evidence.  And I really doubt they would tell Fischetti what all they are looking into.  Duh.

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Ah, the much mourned conservative viewpoint. Such a thoughtful addition. 

Idk why y’all insist on arguing with the resident conservatrolls who would get lost in a paper sack

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The funny thing is that if Republicans as a whole truly believed that the election was stolen, why aren't tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, even millions, in the streets of Washington D.C.?  If Trump had stolen the election from Biden, there would be the mother of all protests in D.C.

But stolen from Trump?

I don't think the majority honestly believe the election was stolen.  If so, they apparently don't give enough of a shit about Trump to actually do something about it.

If the Big Lie was true, even partially, 1/6 was at least somewhat justified. The fact that Big Lie proponents minimize the terrorist attack is a tacit admission that the Big Lie is in fact a lie.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/28/2021 at 11:04 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's coming.  They workshopped Critical Race Theory and it has had some success.  Right at this moment, there's 2-3 new cultural issues in the incubator that they will trial run (whatever they are), then authorize for Fall 2021 release.  Trump will use those in conjunction with The Big Lie.

So this whole thing is like Nashville country music and Trump is Kenny Chesney?

What a shame.  And in Alabama, of all places.

https://www.al.com/politics/2021/06/trump-rally-in-mobiles-battleship-park-cancelled-amid-concerns-of-partisan-political-event-report.html

Plans for former President Donald Trump to return July 4th weekend to the city many credited with lending legitimacy to his 2016 campaign after USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park commissioners reportedly did not sign off on a plan for Trump to hold a rally at the Mobile site.

The commissioners were concerned that Trump’s appearance on Saturday “was going to be a partisan political event, rather than just a patriotic event planned for that evening,” Bill Tunnell, chairman of the commission, told NBC 15.

Efforts to reach Tunnell were not successful.

The commissioner told the station the body asked Attorney General Steve Marshall for an opinion on whether it would be acceptable for the park to hold the rally. Marshall said he could not give the group a formal opinion in time for the event but said the park can be used for political purposes as long as all parties and candidates have equal access, NBC 15 reported.

The park was the site of a campaign rally for 2012 Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum.

“Rick Santorum was the, was the straw that broke the camel’s back. And that’s when the commission went to the no partisan politics open to the public,” Tunnell said.

at least he was smart enough to get those set lights in the proper placement so his dilated pupils wouldn't so fucking obvious.  

What a shame.  And in Alabama, of all places.
https://www.al.com/politics/2021/06/trump-rally-in-mobiles-battleship-park-cancelled-amid-concerns-of-partisan-political-event-report.html

Plans for former President Donald Trump to return July 4th weekend to the city many credited with lending legitimacy to his 2016 campaign after USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park commissioners reportedly did not sign off on a plan for Trump to hold a rally at the Mobile site.
The commissioners were concerned that Trump’s appearance on Saturday “was going to be a partisan political event, rather than just a patriotic event planned for that evening,” Bill Tunnell, chairman of the commission, told NBC 15.

Efforts to reach Tunnell were not successful.
The commissioner told the station the body asked Attorney General Steve Marshall for an opinion on whether it would be acceptable for the park to hold the rally. Marshall said he could not give the group a formal opinion in time for the event but said the park can be used for political purposes as long as all parties and candidates have equal access, NBC 15 reported.
The park was the site of a campaign rally for 2012 Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum.

“Rick Santorum was the, was the straw that broke the camel’s back. And that’s when the commission went to the no partisan politics open to the public,” Tunnell said.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Go on, say it. Say it. You know you want to. It's loaded right there in the front of your mind dying to get out.

Nothingburger!!!!!!

spacer.png

The commissioners were concerned that Trump’s appearance on Saturday “was going to be a partisan political event, rather than just a patriotic event planned for that evening,” Bill Tunnell, chairman of the commission, told NBC 15.

Alison Brie What GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2021 at 5:23 PM, aggie08 said:

I pointed out something similar on one of the gun/active shooter threads a while back. A sizeable number of people that own a shit ton of guns think that a presidential election was stolen from Their President, the current sitting President is a pawn for China and his radical left puppet masters, anybody who speaks out against the liberal agenda is cancelled by mainstream and social media, and their brave brothers in arms on Jan 6 are being incarcerated for daring to try to stop the the insertion of a tyrannical government. If you truly believe those things to be true, what could be a bigger call to action?? Yet, all we have is more faux outrage and internet diatribes.

So, they're either A) Gigantic gaping pussies, or B) Have a nagging sensation in their brains that this is all just performance art, and their anger is being manipulated, so best to just observe and yell from the sidelines.

Truthfully, I think Jan 6 had a quelling effect on all future protests and demonstrations. Finally some finding out after 5 years of fucking around. As long as their internet works and Applebees is open, they're not going to put themselves in position to be identified as extremists by their employers/Johnny Law.

The fact is that when it comes to protests, marches, and other acts of (peaceful) civil disobedience, the Right has nothing on the Left.

Maybe a few thousand were in DC on 1/6 and several hundred stormed the Capitol. That isn't many, as you point out, considering many actually believed their country was being taken from them.

Contrast that with the MILLIONS who marched worldwide within one day of Cheeto taking office, with half a million in DC alone. Then consider the millions who took to the streets for weeks following George Floyd's killing.

If the Republicans try to steal an election, I hope they find out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

On 6/28/2021 at 11:36 AM, Js1 said:

He basically slinked away since the inauguration and got de-platformed, started his own platform and then promptly deleted it and his first rally was a boringburger. 

He's got nothing left. 

From the clips I saw it looked like he was back to being orange and sweaty. 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:04 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's coming.  They workshopped Critical Race Theory and it has had some success.  Right at this moment, there's 2-3 new cultural issues in the incubator that they will trial run (whatever they are), then authorize for Fall 2021 release.  Trump will use those in conjunction with The Big Lie.

Trump can’t even pronounce Critical Race Theory let alone use it in a sentence. 

45 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

The fact is that when it comes to protests, marches, and other acts of (peaceful) civil disobedience, the Right has nothing on the Left.

Maybe a few thousand were in DC on 1/6 and several hundred stormed the Capitol. That isn't many, as you point out, considering many actually believed their country was being taken from them.

Contrast that with the MILLIONS who marched worldwide within one day of Cheeto taking office, with half a million in DC alone. Then consider the millions who took to the streets for weeks following George Floyd's killing.

I will gladly go back out to protest again. I spent the entirety of last summer doing it. I had no idea what I was doing when I went to my very first protest in DC shortly after the photo op. I came back to New York and made sure to keep showing up to support everyone that was out there. Give people like me a reason and we’ll get back out there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

MICHELLE COTTLE

Dear Leader: A Near-Perfect Letter From a Trump Sycophant, Annotated

June 30, 2021, 5:00 a.m. ET
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Michelle Cottle

By Michelle Cottle

Ms. Cottle is a member of the editorial board.

30cottle-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&aut

State Senate President Chris Kapenga of Wisconsin.State Senate President Chris Kapenga of Wisconsin.Credit...Scott Bauer/Associated Press

Former President Donald Trump recently accused three Wisconsin Republican leaders of “working hard to cover up election corruption” as he continued pushing lies about the November presidential vote. Mr. Trump delights in turning his fire on members of his party who he feels are being insufficiently servile. Many promptly prostrate themselves; a few shrug it off.

Then there is State Senate President Chris Kapenga of Wisconsin, one of the Republicans singled out by Mr. Trump. He responded to the former president with a letter that approaches North Korean-style levels of Dear Leader obsequiousness.

It is tempting to dismiss Mr. Kapenga’s missive as a desperate plea for Mr. Trump to stop picking on him — which it is. But it also provides a valuable master class in the art of Trump sycophancy. The text of the letter below has been annotated for instructional purposes.

Mr. President,

One of the most frustrating things to watch during your presidency was the continued attacks on you from fake news outlets with no accountability to truth.

It is helpful early on to slip in a common Trumpian term like “fake news” or “Deep State” or “alternative facts.” This makes clear that you are operating in the same alternative reality as Mr. Trump.

I can’t imagine the frustration you and your family felt. Unfortunately, in our positions of public service, we have to accept the reality that often “truth” in the media is no longer based on facts but simply what one feels like saying.

Media bashing is a requirement when soliciting Mr. Trump. If you’re not willing to go there, don’t even bother.

This leads me to your recent press release stating that I am responsible for holding up a forensic audit of the Wisconsin elections. This could not be further from the truth.

The segue here from sucking up to gentle criticism is a smidge bumpy. And keep in mind that “truth” is a malleable concept for Mr. Trump.

Let me first say that very few people have the honor of being named publicly by a United States president.

Now you’re back on track: Having raised your concern, it is best to immediately backpedal and layer on more flattery. Plowing ahead with the details of your complaint without proper fertilizing risks getting Mr. Trump’s dander up.

I never imagined mine would be mentioned, much less in this light, from a President that I have publicly supported, and still support.

The genius of this sentence is that it sounds as though you’re expressing gratitude, even as you are expressing dismay.

I feel I need to respond even though you will likely never hear of it, as the power of your pen to mine is like Thor’s hammer to a Bobby pin.

Bonus points for going with a deity from Norse mythology. Mr. Trump clearly has a soft spot for the region, to the point that he expressed a desire for more Norwegian immigrants and even eyed buying Greenland from Denmark.

Nevertheless, I need to correct your false claim against me.

Oof. Another misstep: “False” is such a harsh, judgmental word. Would have been safer to go with “inaccurate” or, better still, “imprecise.”

I never received a call from you or any of your sources asking about the election audit. If you had, I would have told you that long before your press release I called the auditor in charge of the election audit that is taking place in Wisconsin and requested a forensic component to the audit.

Suggesting that Mr. Trump has behaved in any way other than perfectly is always dicey. What saves you here is immediately following up with reassurances that you, in fact, behaved exactly as he wanted.

Prior to owning several businesses, I was an auditor, so I understand the importance of this being done to determine what took place in the last election. This will help guide us as legislators to put fixes in place for any issues found, and more importantly, to ensure the integrity of elections moving forward.

Deft, fast pivot to expressing solidarity with Mr. Trump’s contention that there were serious voting “issues” requiring legislative “fixes.”

I made specific requests on procedures and locations, both of which I have not, nor will not, disclose. If I am not satisfied with the procedures performed, I will request additional work be done. If anyone illegally attempts to hinder information from being obtained, I will use my subpoena powers to get it.

Always good to throw in a bit of tough-guy posturing about how none of the libs or Deep State plotters can stand in the way of your mission.

This leads me back to your press release. It is false, and I don’t appreciate it being done before calling me and finding out the truth. This is what both of us have fought against.

It is unclear what anyone is fighting against here, but clarity should never be an impediment to flattery.

Being cut from similar cloth in our backgrounds, and knowing that reparation must always be of more value than the wrong done, I have two requests.

Curiously, Wikipedia identifies Mr. Kapenga as an accountant and business owner who has been in state politics for more than a decade. This would appear to make him as similar to the high-flying reality TV star and New York real estate scion as corduroy culottes are to cheetah-skin hot pants.

First, I ask that you issue a press release in similar fashion that corrects the information and also encourages people to support what I have requested in the audit.

Smart to sweeten your real ask by pairing it with something that Mr. Trump wants.

Second, you owe me a round of golf at the club of your choice.

Valiant attempt to lighten the mood while also playing to Mr. Trump’s vanity regarding the family business. Plus, offering him the chance to beat you at golf is smart, even if it requires you to throw the round.

I write this as I am about to board a plane due to a family medical emergency.

Bold move to appeal to Mr. Trump’s humanity.

In addition to my Trump socks, I will pull up my Trump/Pence mask when I board the plane, as required by federal law.

This bit of toadyism may feel like it’s going too far, but, with Mr. Trump, too far is never enough. And it never hurts to take a shot at the feds.

I figure, if the liberals are going to force me to wear a mask, I am going to make it as painful for them as possible.

Always remember that the throbbing heart of Trumpism is owning the libs.

I will continue to do this regardless of whether or not I ever hear from you.

Nice dismount! Emphasizes that you have internalized Trumpian values and will live by them even if the former president does not heed your imploration.

Thank you for doing great things as our president.

Always close with straight-up bootlicking. Don’t try to be fancy — or subtle.

Respectfully,

Chris Kapenga

Wisconsin Senate President

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/30/opinion/trump-letter-chris-kapenga.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

10 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

This.  There's a big difference between morons thinking an election was stolen and millions of sane people actually seeing an election be stolen.  I believe the reaction would be much greater in scope.

• Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement