A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Wrong. Karma and God are just waiting for him to die on my birthday so it will become a day of worldwide celebration full of drinking, food, song and unbridled joy spread throughout the entire planet. It will be like Christmas, New Years and thanksgiving all wrapped up in one holiday on steroids. 

will there be orgies?

22 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Wrong. Karma and God are just waiting for him to die on my birthday so it will become a day of worldwide celebration full of drinking, food, song and unbridled joy spread throughout the entire planet. It will be like Christmas, New Years and thanksgiving all wrapped up in one holiday on steroids. 

If that happens, I’ll bake you a pie. And I know how. My mom overcooked her vegetables but she was a mean baker and taught me how to make a pie. And I worked three summers in a bakery. You name it. The only options that are off the table are rhubarb, mince meat, and shoo fly because I don’t like any of those. But I could make you a baked strawberry pie that would blow your mind. Hell, if Trump dies on your birthday then I’d be willing to drive down there, or wherever you are, and bake it for you in person. And then we could get drunk and just laugh and laugh and laugh. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If that happens, I’ll bake you a pie. And I know how. My mom overcooked her vegetables but she was a mean baker and taught me how to make a pie. And I worked three summers in a bakery. You name it. The only options that are off the table are rhubarb, mince meat, and shoo fly because I don’t like any of those. But I could make you a baked strawberry pie that would blow your mind. Hell, if Trump dies on your birthday then I’d be willing to drive down there, or wherever you are, and bake it for you in person. And then we could get drunk and just laugh and laugh and laugh. 

Will there be all-you-can-eat imitation crab as well?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Will there be all-you-can-eat imitation crab as well?

Imitation? Fly in blue crab from Maryland. Fly in fresh Maine lobster. Fly in wild caught salmon from the Pacific Northwest. I’ll bring fresh walleye from Lake Erie. Texans can smoke some brisket. New Mexicans can bring chile peppers. There has to be at least one rational person from Louisiana who could bring crawfish and andouille sausage. Let the Floridians bring oranges and swordfish. Let the Georgians bring fresh peaches. Let the Hoosiers bring fresh apples. Let the Kentuckians bring bourbon. Let the Hawaiians bring fresh pineapple and mahi-mahi. Let Boston bring baked beans. Let New York and Chicago and anyone else who wants to bring their pizza. Make it a national celebration. Every State has something to offer. We should celebrate that glorious day by all coming together as one. E pluribus unum.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Imitation? Fly in blue crab from Maryland. Fly in fresh Maine lobster. Fly in wild caught salmon from the Pacific Northwest. I’ll bring fresh walleye from Lake Erie. Texans can smoke some brisket. New Mexicans can bring chile peppers. There has to be at least one rational person from Louisiana who could bring crawfish and andouille sausage. Let the Floridians bring oranges and swordfish. Let the Georgians bring fresh peaches. Let the Hoosiers bring fresh apples. Let the Kentuckians bring bourbon. Let the Hawaiians bring fresh pineapple and mahi-mahi. Let Boston bring baked beans. Let New York and Chicago and anyone else who wants to bring their pizza. Make it a national celebration. Every State has something to offer. We should celebrate that glorious day by all coming together as one. E pluribus unum.

So - Nevada supplies the hookers?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I choose Mardi Gras, the Festival of San Fermin, Spring Break at Padre in 80's, and Tx-OU weekend all wrapped up in one holiday.

• Hook 'Em 1

Must be some belt tightening going on in Trump's world.  First, the 757 needs $6 million in repairs, and you would think someone with Trump's "wealth" could afford to get that taken care of.  But it's nearly August, and the plane is still sitting.  

He peddled one of this three helicopters on November 8, 2020.  Today, the second hit the market; call for price, or make an offer.  Plus, for someone so MAGA, he's using a Canadian company to handle the sale.

https://www.aeroasset.com/en/aircraft/Sikorsky_S_76B_760362.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

How has he not managed to grift $6mm from that tens of millions pouring into his "legal fund" to fix that plane?  Or why hasn't somebody like Mike Lidell just done it for him and called it a business expense and signed himself onto the plane's usage docs?  Some cuck like pillowman will obviously still let Trump keep his current livery.  

Good point, never a good look to start flying private again when you owe hundreds of millions all over the northern hemisphere.  

Still, you'd think Jared would do him a solid and fix it up for him after all the tens of millions he made grifting as a "senior adviser" 

Edited by Lobo

My only two hesitations about hosting a massive blowout party when Trump dies are twofold:

1.  That my neighbor, Newman will also be hosting a competing shindig.  And the crossover of guest invites will be embarrassingly similar.  

2.  That the largest mass shooting event in human history will be on of these parties.  

If the global elites/swamp politicians/deep state is half smart...when Trump finally appears on his way out of life...they make sure to belittle his significance and erode his power over the party.  If he goes out as a liability and dying of natural causes, they'll be upset but they'll sit back and take it (like so many proud boy dildos).  If he goes out still campaigning and currying favor from ring-kissers, that's a problem.  And if he goes out in anything that looks like an accident or otherwise unusual, that's a problem.  2024 is a huge question mark.  If he gets marginalized by the party after losing 2018, 2020, 2022, and 2024---that's a problem even his supporters can't ignore.  I think between that and obvious cognitive decline, he can die in 2025 or after from just being fat, angry, and ugly.  And I think they'll accept that.  There'll still be some spite shootings, but the Republic should still hold.  But anything short of that, and they'll refuse to accept it and the 6 January insurrection will look like child's play compared to it.  

Whatever happens, however he dies...one thing is for sure.  A few months later, he will be declared alive and well---having faked his own death---by Qanon believers.  And they will be going back over every speech or letter he submitted in his waning years, looking for a deeper meaning about his new plan from beyond the grave.  Perhaps even believing he is actually dead but coming back, a resurrection previously reserved for Christ himself.  And these people will no longer be Qanon, but Tanon...which is the product Trump uses before he goes on television.  

But he was going to donate all his salary (Narrator: he didn't).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-donation-salary-white-house/2021/07/29/07723234-efd9-11eb-bf80-e3877d9c5f06_story.html

Donald Trump promised to give away his $400,000 presidential salary. And he kept that promise, publicly announcing each gift — at least, for his first three and a half years in office.

Then, in the middle of last year, the announcements stopped.

Trump’s White House never said where — or even if — he donated the last $220,000 of his salary, covering the final six months of 2020 and the first 20 days of 2021.

Now, six months after he left office, it’s not clear where Trump donated that remaining salary — or if he donated it at all.

Trump had given all his previous donations to federal agencies, paying out $100,000 every quarter. But The Washington Post surveyed all major federal agencies, and none has reported receiving anything from Trump after a gift in July 2020.

The Post also asked for confirmation of the gifts from Trump’s business and from the lawyer who helped arrange the donations. Neither responded. At Trump’s post-presidential office, a spokeswoman promised to seek answers — and then stopped responding to questions.

The dollar amount of these potential donations is small, in comparison to both the federal budget and to Trump’s personal holdings.

Spoiler

But the lack of information about them raises questions about a promise that was key to Trump’s self-image. He talked about these donations repeatedly as president — at the White House and on the campaign trail — often saying he did not get enough credit for the sacrifices he’d made.

“It’s a lot of money. Whether you’re rich or not, it’s a lot of money. And I did it and nobody cared. Nobody — nobody said, ‘Thank you.’ Nobody said, ‘Thank you very much,’ ” Trump said at a White House briefing in March 2020.

Trump first promised to forgo his salary in 2015, during the first months of his campaign. But the Constitution requires the president to be paid, so Trump chose to take the money and then give it back to specific federal agencies. Trump often said he was the first president to give away his salary, but he was wrong: Herbert Hoover and John F. Kennedy both did it previously.

Trump’s first donation, in April 2017, was to the National Park Service, to help repair historic battlefields. It was announced from the White House press room by then-Press Secretary Sean Spicer, as the interior secretary and a Park Service official held up the check for cameras.

“It is every penny that the president received from the first quarter,” Spicer said then. “. . . It’s from January 20th, noon, forward.”

At least 13 other donations followed, all for $100,000, and spread among eight different Cabinet departments. This pattern appeared to contrast with Trump’s pre-presidential history with charitable giving: In 2016, The Post documented how, as a private citizen, Trump had made bold promises to donate to charity but failed to follow through.

As Trump’s term went on, his gifts often highlighted his political priorities at the moment, indicating messages he was trying to send, or crises he was trying to solve.

He donated to a Transportation Department infrastructure program in early 2018, during one of his many doomed attempts at holding “Infrastructure Week.” (That one was derailed by the revelation that Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen had paid hush money to an adult-film star who claimed she had an affair with Trump.)

He donated to the Department of Veterans Affairs in 2018, while the agency was in turmoil: Trump had fired one director and withdrawn a nominee to succeed him. And, as the coronavirus pandemic threatened to consume Trump’s presidency in May 2020, Trump gave to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Then-Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said that the gift would support research on covid-19 treatments and prevention measures, “so that we can safely reopen.”

Trump’s last known gift came on July 23, 2020, according to government documents. Trump gave to the Park Service again, “to support its efforts in repairing and restoring our national monuments,” according to a letter that Trump’s attorney Sheri Dillon sent the Park Service along with the check.

Trump had previously threatened to prosecute anyone who damaged monuments or federal property in the massive protests that followed George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police.

After that gift: nothing. Or at least, nothing public. Neither Trump nor his White House announced any further donations.

Trump did continue to talk about his past charity. Throughout 2020, he often spoke about these gifts with a tinge of bitterness, lamenting that the news media did not talk more often about the donations.

“I’m the only president that did not accept a salary, which surprised me. It’s $450,000. The only reason I mention it is they never talk about it,” Trump said at a campaign rally in Arizona in October 2020, getting the history and the amount of his salary wrong.

He continued: “They never write about that. If I ever didn’t give it up, there would be headlines, ‘Trump refused.’ ”

In recent weeks, The Post contacted 15 major federal departments, including the eight that Trump had given to before, plus five agencies whose leaders attend Cabinet meetings. None provided any confirmation of a gift from Trump after July 2020.

That is not proof that the gifts were not made, however. Some of the major departments declined to comment. And The Post did not survey every single agency or office of the federal bureaucracy — a list so long that even the government itself has trouble counting it. Official estimates of the number of federal agencies range from 118 up to more than 600, depending on how you define “agency,” according to a 2018 report by the Administrative Conference of the United States.

The Post also contacted two different spokespeople for Trump’s post-presidential office. On June 10, spokesman Jason Miller wrote back, “Let me inquire and get back to you.” But he did not provide details, and later left Trump’s office.

Liz Harrington replaced Miller as Trump’s spokesperson. “I will try to track this down,” she wrote on July 21, when The Post asked again. Since then, Harrington has not responded to queries about the pledged donations.

As a former president, Trump is entitled to a government-funded pension of $221,000 per year. As of Thursday, he had been paid $102,482, according to the General Services Administration. In contrast to his presidential salary, Trump has made no promises to give the pension payments away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-rosen-phone-call-notes/2021/07/30/2e9430d6-f14d-11eb-81d2-ffae0f931b8f_story.html

President Trump pressed senior Justice Department officials in late 2020 to declare the election corrupt even as those officials pushed back, warning the president that many of the claims he was hearing about voter fraud were false, according to notes taken by an aide who participated in the discussions.

The notes were released to Congress this week and made public on Friday — further evidence of the pressure Trump brought to bear as he sought to throw out President Biden’s election victory.

In one Dec. 27 conversation, according to the written account, acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen told Trump the Justice Department “can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election.”

The president replied that he understood that, but wanted the agency to “just say the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen,” according to notes of the conversation taken by another senior Justice Department official, Richard Donoghue.

Spoiler

The Washington Post revealed the existence of the notes and the phone calls on Wednesday, reporting previously undisclosed details of the president’s personal pressure campaign to enlist the Justice Department in his battle to undo the 2020 election results.

As Trump pushed to overturn election, he called his acting AG almost daily

Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.), chairwoman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, said the notes “show that President Trump directly instructed our nation’s top law enforcement agency to take steps to overturn a free and fair election in the final days of his presidency.”

The Dec. 27 call was not the only time that the president and Rosen discussed Trump’s claims of voter fraud, according to people familiar with the discussions. But the notes by Donoghue, who participated in that call and some others, provide a detailed account of what was said in that conversation.

“We have an obligation to tell people that this was an illegal, corrupt, election,” Trump said, according to the notes. He also suggested darkly that he might replace Rosen as acting attorney general, and mentioned as a possible replacement a different senior Justice Department lawyer.

“People tell me Jeff Clark is great, I should put him in. People want me to replace DOJ leadership,” Trump said, according to the notes. Donoghue replied that changing leadership would not change the department’s position, according to the notes.

As Rosen and Donoghue repeatedly told the president that specific claims of voter fraud he had heard were false, Trump said, “You guys may not be following the Internet the way I do,” according to the notes. He also said people are angry and “blaming DOJ + for inaction.”

Trump and his lawyers could have sought to block the release of Donoghue’s notes to Congress. There were days of discussion among Trump advisers about whether to do so, but the former president did not believe the notes showed anything problematic, even though some of his advisers feared the disclosures would be damaging.

“If it gets more attention on the election, he welcomes it,” one adviser said.

At least some of the former Justice Department officials with knowledge of the phone conversations had privately hoped Trump would seek to block the sharing of the notes, to prevent those former officials from having to testify on Capitol Hill about the exchanges, said people familiar with their thinking. Those people spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal discussions.

But Trump did not attempt to stop the release of the notes.

• Rage+1 1

this needs to be highlighted as well from that call:

Trump suggested during the call that he might replace Rosen with then-Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Clark, who had who reportedly urged Trump to make him acting attorney general instead of Rosen.

"People tell me Jeff Clark is great, I should put him in," Trump said, according to Rosen's notes. "People want me to replace DOJ leadership."

Trump is telling Rosen to announce the election was illegal. When Rosen said no, Trump throws out a comment that Rosen is about to be fired. 

We will never know exactly how it would have played out, but Trump was attempting a coup of the US govt. There is no doubt he would have kept pushing on it. The national reaction to Jan. 6th was critical IMO.

Arresting an ex-President for treasonous activities is a bad precedent but we should do it. My guess is that Biden and Garland don't want to split the country even more than it is, since the RW media wouldn't buy the explanation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Trump didn’t seek to block the notes because he is telling everyone exactly what he did, an attempted coup of the United States government and that he is STILL doing so. He ain’t hiding shit. He’s a complete maniac currently attempting to destroy the United States and he’s not bothering to hide his ongoing effort to do so. He needs to be arrested yesterday. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Arresting an ex-President for treasonous activities is a bad precedent but we should do it. My guess is that Biden and Garland don't want to split the country even more than it is, since the RW media wouldn't buy the explanation.

arresting him shouldn't set a bad precedent, but hanging him would ruffle the snowflakes 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump didn’t seek to block the notes because he is telling everyone exactly what he did, an attempted coup of the United States government and that he is STILL doing so. He ain’t hiding shit.

he wants it all public to show that he's UNTOUCHABLE 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

this needs to be highlighted as well from that call:

Trump is telling Rosen to announce the election was illegal. When Rosen said no, Trump throws out a comment that Rosen is about to be fired. 

We will never know exactly how it would have played out, but Trump was attempting a coup of the US govt. There is no doubt he would have kept pushing on it. The national reaction to Jan. 6th was critical IMO.

i still can't decide if i'm horrified with how close it came (even though everyone saw this coming) or relieved i am that the guardrails actually worked.  i guess that's for history to decide.  i imagine in 50 years, the story will be about the strength of the institutions that seem so feckless in real-time, and how a madman tried a bunch of shit but was ultimately unsuccessful.

if the dems were smart (eh) or good at messaging (they're terrible), they would start that narrative right fucking now.  "an unhinged lunatic tried to overthrow the government, and here are the 250 ways he went about it, but our government is strong and the american people wouldn't allow it" and then go on to telegraph all the shit they're already trying to steal elections in 22 and 24 and make sure that everyone is aware and angry and hold hearing after hearing right up until and then past the midterms.

or maybe we'll just read about it in 2025 when trump is president again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Is it time for the WeGotHim.gif? 

Getting closer. 

DOJ just opined the IRS must turn over DJT's tax returns to Congress. 

Reuters, via MSN:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/us-justice-dept-says-irs-must-provide-former-president-donald-trumps-tax-returns-to-congress/ar-AAMKIa0

Spoiler

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Friday ordered the Internal Revenue Service to hand over former President Donald Trump's tax returns to a House of Representatives committee, saying the panel has offered "sufficient reasons" for requesting the material.

The Department's Office of Legal Counsel reversed course and declared that the department erred in 2019 when Trump was still in office when it found that the request for his taxes by the Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee was based on a "disingenuous" objective aimed at exposing them to the public.

"We cannot know where receipt of the requested tax information will take the committee, any more than the committee itself can predict what it will find or determine," wrote Acting Assistant Attorney General Dawn Johnsen for the Office of Legal Counsel.

Now is when we need K. Porter's white board. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

“What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time? No one seriously thinks the results will change,” the official said. “He went golfing this weekend. It’s not like he’s plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He’s tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he’ll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he’ll leave.”

48 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i still can't decide if i'm horrified with how close it came (even though everyone saw this coming) or relieved i am that the guardrails actually worked.  i guess that's for history to decide.  i imagine in 50 years, the story will be about the strength of the institutions that seem so feckless in real-time, and how a madman tried a bunch of shit but was ultimately unsuccessful.

if the dems were smart (eh) or good at messaging (they're terrible), they would start that narrative right fucking now.  "an unhinged lunatic tried to overthrow the government, and here are the 250 ways he went about it, but our government is strong and the american people wouldn't allow it" and then go on to telegraph all the shit they're already trying to steal elections in 22 and 24 and make sure that everyone is aware and angry and hold hearing after hearing right up until and then past the midterms.

or maybe we'll just read about it in 2025 when trump is president again.

I like to imagine winning the lottery. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I like to imagine winning the lottery. 

well yeah, that was kind of my point.  it will get whitewashed and glossed over and oversimplified and make it seem like everything was cool the entire time.

you picked up a history book lately?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement