A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Never mind he could just issue a press release separate from Twitter.
Prolly need a paid press secretary for that. Those rats jumped the ship.

Weird that Trump losing Twitter completely nuetered him. But the evacuated corpse of his movement sails forth towards Q vahalla while his infantasmile brain stays behind writing tweets on paper that no one will hear or bother to post.

That last part is pretty sweet.

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Prolly need a paid press secretary for that. Those rats jumped the ship.

Weird that Trump losing Twitter completely nuetered him. But the evacuated corpse of his movement sails forth towards Q vahalla while his infantasmile brain stays behind writing tweets on paper that no one will hear or bother to post.

That last part is pretty sweet.

What else does kayleigh have going on? 

5 hours ago, Born to Run said:
6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:
Infinitesimal?  Infantile?
Both?
Finominle.

Ha ha holy shit. My bad.

Not sure what it is, but something about typing things into the fields on this and other browser-based stuff makes me commit typos and make up words that I don't normally do typing emails or documents.  I made up "obtrusive" the other day, which is actually a word, but I meant intrusive or obstructive or something else.

So we're paying current Republican Members of Congress to sit in their office awaiting Trump to text them something pithy about Liz Cheney.  So that Representative can then walk it over to their Comms. team so we pay those people to then edit the text into something the Congressman can tweet under his own account, while also purposely adding a couple of grammatical/spelling errors to make it seem like it came from the President, without making it seem like it came from the President.  This is what they're doing right now at the Capitol.  Today.  With our money.  

I'm just gonna say it...this new season of "Veep" fucking blows.

yeah thats gonna burn. they have legit business losses as a direct result of this BS. 

fox news should absolutley get roasted for allowing weeks and months of lies to take hold. i am sure they will wiggle out of it with some BS payout but fuck them and fuck the aussie skeletor hate machine murdoch in his old goat ass. fuckhead

• Hook 'Em 3

The voting machine companies have a decent shot at punitive damages -- for defamation, you have to show actual malice (which is knowledge of falsity/reckless disregard for the truth -- yeah, they should clear that bar).   But as to the amount......gotta prove a lot of actual damages first.  AND, the court really can't consider the harm to third parties (so, the bloody violent attack on Congress isn't a basis).

The Supreme Court outlined three factors that courts may consider in evaluating the size of punitive awards.

How "reprehensible" was the defendants' conduct?

What's the relationship between the actual damage and the punitive awards?

What's the difference between the punitive award and the relevant civil penalties?

In Dr. Gore's case, the Supreme Court found that BMW's behavior was not so reprehensible to justify the award, since only economic damage was involved. While the Court declined to specify a mathematical formula, the Court said that the 500-to-1 ratio of the punitive damages award to the actual damages "must surely raise a judicial eyebrow."

A few years later, the U.S. Supreme Court again declined to establish "a bright-line ratio which a punitive damages award cannot exceed." However, the Supreme Court did suggest that "few awards exceeding a single-digit ratio between punitive and compensatory damages, to a significant degree, will satisfy due process." State Farm v Campbell, 548 U.S. 408 (2003). The Court added that to justify a higher ratio, a plaintiff would have to show that "a particularly egregious act has resulted in only a small amount of economic damages."

Harm to Third Parties

In Oregon, the estate of a deceased smoker had sued Philip Morris for knowingly and falsely leading the deceased to believe that smoking was safe. A jury found for the plaintiff and awarded the estate $821,000 in compensatory damages and $79.5 million in punitive damages. Finding that the punitive damages award was excessive, the trial judge reduced it to $32 million. This reduced the punitive damages to compensatory damages ratio from 96-to-1 to 38-to-1. However, an Oregon appellate court reinstated the original $79.5 punitive damages award citing the defendant's lengthy record of "false and misleading information to keep smokers smoking" to justify exceeding the single-digit ratio from the State Farm decision.

The U.S. Supreme Court vacated the lower court's decision without deciding whether the punitive damages award was excessive. Instead, the Court noted at trial that plaintiff's attorney has asked the jury to "think about how many other Jesse Williams in the last 40 years in the State of Oregon there have been." The Court held that the Due Process Clause does not permit a jury to base a punitive damages award on its desire to punish the defendant for harming persons who are not parties to the suit. Philip Morris USA v. Williams, 549 U.S. ___ (2007).

I mean, the "reprehensible" factor does make it relevant -- I don't know, how reprehensible IS it to foment bloody revolt against our government?  I'd think pretty reprehensible.  Then again, I'm not a Republican -- from their perspective, it's all A-ok.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The voting machine companies have a decent shot at punitive damages -- for defamation, you have to show actual malice (which is knowledge of falsity/reckless disregard for the truth -- yeah, they should clear that bar).   But as to the amount......gotta prove a lot of actual damages first.  AND, the court really can't consider the harm to third parties (so, the bloody violent attack on Congress isn't a basis).

I mean, the "reprehensible" factor does make it relevant -- I don't know, how reprehensible IS it to foment bloody revolt against our government?  I'd think pretty reprehensible.  Then again, I'm not a Republican -- from their perspective, it's all A-ok.

Most defamation lawsuits against the media fail because the standard is very high. 

These are some of the strongest lawsuits I’ve ever seen.

Not sure about the damage claims though because I know nothing about their actual damages. But liability is very very strong.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So I do know these companies will suffer much harm. How much is not for me to say. 

However if any of you want to invest in my new business called “Q Voting Systems” let me know. I have a good business plan that will sell lots of systems in red states.  

On 2/4/2021 at 6:23 AM, aggie08 said:

He's been insane for awhile now. He just found his spirit animal in Trump.

That man saw some shit in the Georgia woods back in the early 70s. Then in early November of last year he saw a repeat, only this time he had to listen his friend squeal like a pig for over 2 months.  That will fuck a dude up.

1 hour ago, staboner said:

yeah thats gonna burn. they have legit business losses as a direct result of this BS. 

fox news should absolutley get roasted for allowing weeks and months of lies to take hold. i am sure they will wiggle out of it with some BS payout but fuck them and fuck the aussie skeletor hate machine murdoch in his old goat ass. fuckhead

Quality rant 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

imagine liking and believing in a person so much that you would use your platform as a television host/journalist to repeat his outrageous and unevidenced claims for little to no benefit, while subjecting yourself to literal billion dollar lawsuits.  now imagine that person is donald trump.

mind-fucking-bottling.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Recklessly undermining the public’s confidence in the integrity of the vote, and the legitimacy of elected officials, seems bad. Is that bad?

Edited by Willfully Horn
O, c
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump resigned.

From the Screen Actors Guild, after they decided they were going to kick his ass out of their club.   Goddamn, what a thin skinned petty ass bitch of a man.  

IMG_1279.jpeg?ve=1&tl=1

He's a fighter, that Donald.  He quit the Guild hearing like it was a draft notice.  

Edited by Mdhorn

5 hours ago, staboner said:

Fox is a game--they're in it for the money, like Pat Robertson. Sure, they have some bit players but when lawsuits actually threaten, the actors are all like we didn't mean it, and the owners will offer how they are an entertainment entity and not a news org.  But if entertainment agencies can be sued for libel, they sure as fuck can be sued for getting people killed.  I'm surprised Fox viewers at the insurrection aren't suing for damage to their mental and physical health.   There's money to be made in them there hills.  Trump should be sued as well--he incited them moments before.     

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Recklessly undermining the public’s confidence in the integrity of the vote, and the legitimacy of elected officials, seems bad. Is that bad?

He said he'd march with them on the Capitol.  He didn't go because like the true mobster, he always get's others to do his dirty work.  Except there was nothing suggestive when he instructed it.  .  

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, JimmyJames said:

Most defamation lawsuits against the media fail because the standard is very high. 

These are some of the strongest lawsuits I’ve ever seen.

Not sure about the damage claims though because I know nothing about their actual damages. But liability is very very strong.

Do you think either Smartmatic or Dominion qualify as public figures?  That's one factor.

The other, I suppose, is that most journalistic entities do subscribe to some ethics and codes of conduct.  And they mostly stick to factual reporting or clear opinion/editorial. Fox not so much.

Hopefully, this puts a crimp in "infotainment" or falsity news (sort of the inverse of reality tv).

I do kind of wonder how they're going to hit the billions without being overboard speculative.  Dominion would seem to have a better case for that, as they were more specifically and frequently defamed, have more US business, and are asking for less than half the damages.  I assume that punitives don't figure into their damage prayer, but didn't pay that close attention to it.

Edit:  Smartmatic prayed for 2.7Bn compensatory damages, not including punitives.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/4/2021 at 2:00 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump resigned.

From the Screen Actors Guild, after they decided they were going to kick his ass out of their club.   Goddamn, what a thin skinned petty ass bitch of a man.  

IMG_1279.jpeg?ve=1&tl=1

Goddam Hollywood libruls.

But, given his aspirations, I bet that actually kind of hurt his feelers.

Lol

https://www.sagaftra.org/sag-aftra-statement-donald-j-trump’s-resignation-union

sag response 

February 4, 2021 

SAG-AFTRA today released the below statement regarding Donald J. Trump’s resignation from the union in response to disciplinary charges filed by SAG-AFTRA President Gabrielle Carteris and National Executive Director David White:

“Thank you.”

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Lol

https://www.sagaftra.org/sag-aftra-statement-donald-j-trump’s-resignation-union

sag response 

February 4, 2021 

SAG-AFTRA today released the below statement regarding Donald J. Trump’s resignation from the union in response to disciplinary charges filed by SAG-AFTRA President Gabrielle Carteris and National Executive Director David White:

“Thank you.”

It shames me a bit that I know who Gabrielle Carteris is.  But good for her.

I think I went to high school with her, or maybe college.  Was she poli-sci/finance at California University?  Pretty sure we met at my frat house.  I was Kappa Epsilon with Rex Kramer and a guy named Sanders.  

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Goddam Hollywood libruls.

But, given his aspirations, I bet that actually kind of hurt his feelers.

You know it did--he wanted to be a popular president and fought the idea that he lost the popular vote the first time.  He lost it twice and his Hollywood stardom.  And he has no twitter to scream into.  His community is making news by denying and tearing down his hello pad.  It's going to get worse before it's over--the man is a leper.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement