A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

On 3/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, Neonmoon said:

Here is some nightmare fuel 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/trumps-strategy-for-returning-to-power-is-already-clear

Viktor Orbán became the Prime Minister of Hungary in 1998. Four years later, with a record number of Hungarians turning up to the polls, his party lost power. The next day, Orbán’s allies claimed voter fraud and demanded recounts, and although these demands were rejected, Orbán continued to claim that the election had been stolen. In 2010, after eight years leading the opposition, Orbán and his party, Fidesz, returned to power with a supermajority—enough to change the constitution and begin rapidly consolidating autocratic power. Orbán has not left office in the decade since.

The Law and Justice Party, led by the twin brothers Lech and Jarosław Kaczyński, first held power in Poland between 2005 and 2007, as part of a coalition government. Eight years after being voted out, their party (led, after Lech’s death, by Jarosław) returned to power, receiving the largest share of the vote that any party had seen since the fall of Communism. They quickly got to work dismantling the institutions of liberal democracy and establishing autocratic rule.

Orban demonizes George Soros even more than the GOP does. 

On 3/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, Jive Turkey said:

and still cheating.

I was going to point out the penalty for hitting the flag but apparently the rule has been changed.

The Topic: When you’re on the green, can you putt with the pin in?

The Old Rule: Hitting the flagstick with your ball from on the green resulted in a two-stroke penalty.

The New Rule: According to the USGA, under Rule 13.2a(2), “There will no longer be a penalty if a ball played from the putting green hits a flagstick left in the hole.” Players will still have the option to remove the flagstick or to have someone tend the pin and remove it after the ball is struck.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:12 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Orban demonizes George Soros even more than the GOP does. 

I don't know anything about this but I'm not surprised.  Soros is a currency speculator.  If a government is supporting their currency value they are making it easy for speculators to make money.  

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/new-recording-reveals-trump-called-georgia-investigator-leading-signature-match-audit/WEIRQJXKOJFVDGBGATBZOAMSPA/

COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Channel 2 Action News has obtained a copy of a new phone call between former President Donald Trump and a lead investigator at the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office.

The call took place just before Christmas and two months after the election and it gives a new look at the outside pressure that Georgia investigators faced while investigating allegations of election fraud.

Hear from the state investigator who was on the other end of the phone call, exclusively on Channel 2 Action News at 6 p.m.

Content Continues Below
In the call, Trump mentions other states in the South where he defeated President Joe Biden, including Florida and Alabama and questions how he didn’t win Georgia. He also pressures the agent to check signatures on ballots going back several years to verify their accuracy.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office investigated allegations that Cobb County improperly performed signature matches during the June primary and ordered a signature audit for the November election in the county.

Mark Meadows, Trump’s former Chief of Staff, made an unannounced visit on Dec. 22 to the Marietta site where the audit was taking place.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation completed the audit a week later. Secretary Brad Raffensperger said there were only two mismatched signatures among the more than 15,000 votes in the audit.

oh lordy there are tapes, i just heard them on cnn.

8 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Is this somehow different from the tapes they released months ago?

well, it was to the lead investigator and it's even more pathetic than his call to raffensperger. i derived a metric fuckton of schadenfreude from the calls. really reflects the changed thread title.

36 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

What a pathetic fucking loser.  Him being banned from Twitter is one of the great days in American history.

I remember the intense debate about the consequences of banning him from twitter, then they did it and everyone was totally cool with it.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Herschel Walker was unstoppable on the football field! Except for the hundreds of times he was literally stopped on the football field by being tackled to the ground.

Herschel won the Cowboys three Super Bowls.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It establishes a pattern that we already knew was there. 

Tomorrow morning I’m going to start tracking the direction the sun rises from to see if I can establish a pattern in a few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

EDIT: apparently MTG is just gonna post all DOTARD communiqués on her account.

With these "statements", he's twittering without having a Twitter, because the faithful spread that shit like it is the Scripture.

I'm just imagining Jason Miller or some other bottom feeder following him around; Trump bellows to "take this down and send it out" and they do it.

I'll give him credit for not fucking it up, like he did so many other things.  That was one thing he kinda just hung back on, and we're all better off for it. 

But I don't get this delusion that Trumpers have (I fully accept Trump thinks it was all his idea).  But there isn't an American alive who wouldn't have addressed the proposal any differently than Trump did, Biden would have, I would have, you would have, Tom Herman would have, everybody would have gone something like this:

"President Trump/Biden/Herman/Lobo/Kardashian.  All the big Pharma CEO's are here to meet with you.  They are asking for removing all regulatory obstacles and $20bn in federal funding to expedite the development of vaccines to combat Covid-19.  And then once they have been developed, for the FDA to grant emergency use and the government's help in deploying the vaccine nationwide.  What should I tell them?"

Every single American would have said the exact same thing that Trump did, "Sure, give them whatever they need to get this done."  

I don't understand why people think Trump did something super special here.  He wasn't lying awake in bed one night, jumped up and ran downstairs, and yelled, "I have an idea to save us from Covid-19.  We could ask pharmaceutical companies to develop a vaccine that would protect us from the virus.  To develop the vaccine, we could make it easier for them to do trials.  We could even offer them money and help make and ship the vaccine once it's ready!"  

Again, he at least rubber stamped it, didn't put his usual Trump stink all over the initiative.  Basically said, "Remove the roadblocks, give 'em the cash, see what they need on the back end."  For once, he actually showed off his supposed CEO chops.  

But, do people really think that's what happened?  Like, he invented the idea of a vaccine expedition?  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement