A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Perfect story for a perfect thread title:

Washington (CNN)Trump's personal Boeing 757 was always the crown jewel of his wealth -- the ultimate sign that he had made it. He's used it as a backdrop for sleek photo shoots, campaign rallies, VIP tours, for shots of him eating his Big Macs and KFC, plated, with a knife and fork. Trump loved to show it off -- the customized cream-colored leather seats, gilded bathrooms, the seat buckles layered in 24-karat gold. 

But today it sits idle on an airport ramp in Orange County, New York, about 60 miles north of Manhattan.
One engine is missing parts. The other is shrink-wrapped in plastic. The cost to fix and get it flyable could reach well into the high six-figures, a price-tag Trump doesn't appear to be dealing with right now. 

• Haha 5

That article about his 757 is so perfectly Trumpian. Past its prime, bought used from a real billionaire (Paul Allen), and they put lipstick all over it with Trump's tacky gold plating embellishments everywhere. He claims he bought it for $100 million from Allen which--if true--would have been a horrendously stupid deal as it was 20 years old when he bought it in 2010 and the 757-300 only cost $80 million when they last came off the line in 2004.

Now it's broken down & he can't afford to get it back up in the air. Seems like the only thing left for him to do with it is turn it into a museum that MAGAts can pay $50 a head to walk through it, pose next to a cardboard cutout of dotard for a picture, & then buy more made in China crap at the gift store on their way out.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 8:10 PM, Lobo said:

Serious question...what the fuck is he looking at?  I'm not gonna judge.....I pitched in high school but 25 years later...my arm is shot and I'd be happy to get it across the plate at 60mph.  So i don't fault him for struggling to make the plate and/or maintain control of his own mouth/jaw at his age.  But what the fuck is he looking at in that photo...was there a lunar eclipse that night he decided to blind himself with?  

He's breathing through his eyelids.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Seems like the only thing left for him to do with it is turn it into a museum that MAGAts can pay $50 a head to walk through it, pose next to a cardboard cutout of dotard for a picture, & then buy more made in China crap at the gift store on their way out.

There is a 100% chance this or something very similar will happen.  They are going to fleece these rubes for the rest of their existence.

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

That article about his 757 is so perfectly Trumpian. Past its prime, bought used from a real billionaire (Paul Allen), and they put lipstick all over it with Trump's tacky gold plating embellishments everywhere. He claims he bought it for $100 million from Allen which--if true--would have been a horrendously stupid deal as it was 20 years old when he bought it in 2010 and the 757-300 only cost $80 million when they last came off the line in 2004.

Now it's broken down & he can't afford to get it back up in the air. Seems like the only thing left for him to do with it is turn it into a museum that MAGAts can pay $50 a head to walk through it, pose next to a cardboard cutout of dotard for a picture, & then buy more made in China crap at the gift store on their way out.

It's a metaphor.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:06 AM, TheStoicPaisano said:

7F101E96-290F-48C2-AAED-E8C0F6F1D91E.jpeg

What the lyin' MSM won't tell you is this was a long drive off the bat of Mike Trout and Trump made that catch over his shoulder on a dead sprint, whirled, and then whipped a 350-foot laser beam back to the plate. Willie Mays saw it on TV, began to weep, and immediately sent Trump a letter saying it was a better catch than the one he made in the 1954 World Series.

If anyone tells you this was Trump's attempt to catch an underhanded toss by a small child, that's just more fake news. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Perfect story for a perfect thread title:

Washington (CNN)Trump's personal Boeing 757 was always the crown jewel of his wealth -- the ultimate sign that he had made it. He's used it as a backdrop for sleek photo shoots, campaign rallies, VIP tours, for shots of him eating his Big Macs and KFC, plated, with a knife and fork. Trump loved to show it off -- the customized cream-colored leather seats, gilded bathrooms, the seat buckles layered in 24-karat gold. 

But today it sits idle on an airport ramp in Orange County, New York, about 60 miles north of Manhattan.
One engine is missing parts. The other is shrink-wrapped in plastic. The cost to fix and get it flyable could reach well into the high six-figures, a price-tag Trump doesn't appear to be dealing with right now. 

It sounds like that $1.2 million salary over four years could come in handy right about now. 

Disgrace doesn’t bother these people at all. They’re shameless:

For all of the fake QAnon, Tea Party, Trump- and Republican-led misinformation about election fraud and the need to suppress votes in the name of election fidelity, the only cases of real voter fraud and election malfeasance have always been, and continue to be, perpetrated by those on the right-hand, fascist side of the aisle. In November, Florida’s 37th District race was decided by 32 votes. Those 32 votes gave Republican Ileana Garcia the victory over incumbent Democratic Rep. Jose Javier Rodriguez in a tough loss for the Democratic Party. Of course, there was a shadowy third independent candidate running in that race: a person named Alex Rodriguez (not the baseball player) who pulled in over 6,000 votes as a third-party candidate. And while seeming to do nothing to promote his campaign, Alex Rodriguez—not Jose Javier—had thousands of dollars’ worth of advertising and flyers sent out that espoused tons of Democratic Party platforms. We’re talking about Alex Rodriguez’s campaign, not Jose Javier Rodriguez’s campaign. You can see the confusion and where we’re going with this.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/3/18/2021648/-Disgraced-ex-senator-charged-with-conspiracy-in-suspected-Florida-election-fraud?detail=emaildkre

On Thursday morning, WPLG-ABC10 News reports that former disgraced Republican state Sen. Frank Artiles was booked into Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on charges related to election shenanigans like the one that took place in Florida’s 37th District. The charges against Artiles include: making or receiving campaign contributions over or in excess of limits; conspiracy to make or receive two or more campaign contributions over or in excess of limits; and false swearing in connection with voting or elections. According to a report, Alex Rodriguez told reporters that Artiles offered to pay him $50,000 to run in the race in order to “siphon votes from the incumbent.” The money was paid in two halves, one before and one after the election. According to the Herald, the actual amount of money Rodriguez received from Artiles was $44,708.03. Maybe Artiles taxed him

Didn't Trump start recently claiming, through some surrogate, that he actually played college baseball at Penn?  

Unless you're in your 90's or infirm, nobody that played as much baseball as it takes to play Div. I college baseball (even at a non-scholarship program) will lose the muscle memory of remembering how to hold your glove when catching a ball (which was probably 'long-tossed' at a distance of 20 feet at 20 mph).  

I'm starting to think the Fat Cheeto is literally typing those up himself and not just dictating them to a staffer. Why would you capitalize "E" in "Election" or the "R" in "Rigged"? It doesn't make sense to anyone who graduated third grade. And why would you put the word gutless in quotes? Was he quoting himself? In his own statement?

Seriously, who the fuck taught him the rules of capitalization?  It's forgivable with his short, yet plump, fingers on his twitter phone app.  But when he has days to pour over press releases with his staff...how does this Shit Slide?  

My simple question to Trumper Nation...I'll leave the site forever and never return under any handle if you can answer me this...

-Trump called the Obama/Biden spying on his 2016 campaign the greatest political crime in history. 5+ years later, no evidence, no arrests, no arraignments, no indictments, no convictions, no fines, no legislation to acknowledge it.  If it was the greatest political crime in history, you'd think at least somebody like Gaetz, Jordan, Goehmert, Greene, et. al.......one of those true Patriots would have initiated an investigation to look into the greatest political crime in American history.  Typically, when the greatest political crime in American history occurs, even if it's a partisan issue...the Minority Leadership will at least "take a cursory look at the matter."  

-Trump has been indicating for the last 12 months that the Biden/Harris campaign was conspiring with other entities and individuals to steal the 2020 election from him.  He has continued this claim for the last 4-5 months as well.  I suppose we could call this the second greatest political crime in history.  Again, even his most stalwart supporters in the House & Senate have failed to call for substantive and fact-based hearings into this matter.  And like the #1 greatest political crime in history, there have been no evidence produced, no arrests, no arraignments, no indictments, no convictions, no fines, and no new legislation.  In fact, the legal track record of this effort is something like 1W-71L.  

I'm not sick of winning yet, but surely you guys have got to be sick of losing.  

Want to read something that will make you ragey?

https://theintercept.com/2021/03/18/epa-pollution-cancer-ethylene-oxide/

TLDR:  Trump's EPA invited companies to "revise" pollution records of how much ethylene oxide they'd released into the environment.  It's a powerful carcinogen. Millie Corder has seen her daughter, husband and stepson die from cancer.  All sorts of lymphomas, weird forms of leukemia etc...

On 3/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, TexasEd said:

He claimed he was so good at baseball he could have played professional (laugh).  I'm sure the bone spurs held him out of that too.

There’s a pretty well researched article out there that he was the kid in your high school team who didn’t play until his senior year and he wasn’t great, but wasn’t terrible. Basically he’s made up quotes/endorsements from people who are dead and most other people are like “I don’t remember him being all that.”. The statistics from newspapers indicate he was a very weak hitter.

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

article on Trump in baseball

Tl;dr: he played baseball in high school, he was meh, lies his ass off about it.

Abbott has been lying his ass off about his track feats too. He was a good-but-not-great runner in his district, not near-elite on a state level like he's been saying. I know, shocking he would lie. 

Abbott has been lying his ass off about his track feats too. He was a good-but-not-great runner in his district, not near-elite on a state level like he's been saying. I know, shocking he would lie. 
I never understand lying about athletic achievement. I've found that unless you are actually that good, people respond better to a self-deprecating description of athletic prowess. Even if you were really, really good, people still like the humble guy a lot more. People only want to hear stories from the best of the best..86404d01e4d21d42c7b3a7b0bad733d7.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm starting to think the Fat Cheeto is literally typing those up himself and not just dictating them to a staffer. Why would you capitalize "E" in "Election" or the "R" in "Rigged"? It doesn't make sense to anyone who graduated third grade. And why would you put the word gutless in quotes? Was he quoting himself? In his own statement?

Also "Illegitimate".  

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

But when he has days to pour over press releases with his staff...how does this Shit Slide? 

What is he pouring over his press releases, Diet Coke?

Look, just because every one of your posts is a goddamned tome doesn’t mean you’re Charles Dickens.   

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, tchookem said:

I never understand lying about athletic achievement. I've found that unless you are actually that good, people respond better to a self-deprecating description of athletic prowess. Even if you were really, really good, people still like the humble guy a lot more. People only want to hear stories from the best of the best..86404d01e4d21d42c7b3a7b0bad733d7.jpg

Yeah I never understood that either. Anyways, I was gonna be the starting 3rd basemen as a junior until I broke my ankle in football workouts where I was going to start as a senior and lead us to state in both. I had offers pouring in a junior in high school, then I got hurt and coach wouldn’t put me in. What could’ve been if coach wasn’t such a moron. Definitely cost us 2 state titles in both sports. Oh well....

• Haha 3

Yeah I never understood that either. Anyways, I was gonna be the starting 3rd basemen as a junior until I broke my ankle in football workouts where I was going to start as a senior and lead us to state in both. I had offers pouring in a junior in high school, then I got hurt and coach wouldn’t put me in. What could’ve been if coach wasn’t such a moron. Definitely cost us 2 state titles in both sports. Oh well....
Did your girlfriend try to seduce your best friend/back-up with a whip cream bikini?

12 minutes ago, tchookem said:
49 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Did your girlfriend try to seduce your best friend/back-up with a whip cream bikini?

Unfortunately yes

On 3/20/2021 at 8:04 PM, tchookem said:

Unfortunately many good but not great athletes will always discuss the injury that kept them out of the pros or major leagues. Like “I had to retire from single A ball at 24 because of X injury.” Which is a shame because I think getting to play sports in college or low minor league is a cool achievement. Even if they rode the bench. I find it sad when someone is lying about why they’re not Tom Brady or Derek Jeter.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Unfortunately many good but not great athletes will always discuss the injury that kept them out of the pros or major leagues. Like “I had to retire from single A ball at 24 because of X injury.” Which is a shame because I think getting to play sports in college or low minor league is a cool achievement. Even if they rode the bench. I find it sad when someone is lying about why they’re not Tom Brady or Derek Jeter.

A buddy of mine was the best player on the Bates baseball team.  Just an absolute stud in the field and at the plate.  He went to Red Sox open try out after his senior year (this was nearly 30 years ago when those were a thing).  He told two stories:

1. They put everyone in right field on the first drill and said throw the ball home.  If you couldn't consistently get it there on 1 hop, they just sent you away.

2. The half dozen guys who got called back for the next day of drills were so much better than him it was like a child compared to Willie Mays. 

Baseball is a cruel meritocracy.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

A buddy of mine was the best player on the Bates baseball team.  Just an absolute stud in the field and at the plate.  He went to Red Sox open try out after his senior year (this was nearly 30 years ago when those were a thing).  He told two stories:

1. They put everyone in right field on the first drill and said throw the ball home.  If you couldn't consistently get it there on 1 hop, they just sent you away.

2. The half dozen guys who got called back for the next day of drills were so much better than him it was like a child compared to Willie Mays. 

Baseball is a cruel meritocracy.

I imagine there are some lazy scouts that probably feel that if you can't pass a certain test, there is no reason to continue. That and don't have an ugly girlfriend. Shows low confidence. Or so they said in Moneyball.

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I imagine there are some lazy scouts that probably feel that if you can't pass a certain test, there is no reason to continue. That and don't have an ugly girlfriend. Shows low confidence. Or so they said in Moneyball.

Jason said the scout said “we aren’t looking for designated hitters”

I guess half the guys that got called back were position players who had huge arms. I’m guessing they might move them to the bullpen.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement