New Year's Greetings From a Much Better Place

Junior Miller

And no, not lower heaven. Greetings from sunny and warm Auckland! Back in March some contacts I had came through and the wife and I were able to leave the states for NZ permanently. Since I knew I wasn't going to post anymore I wanted to go out with a bang. I enjoyed reading all the craziness in that thread though.

It's been such a blast watching all that shit there in the USA from afar, and even though almost 4k of y'all are dying every day now keep ya chins up. I'm sure the vaccine will rollout to you all by Christmas 2021. 

Stay hard Surly and pray for Casey Thompson to be the next coming of football Jesus. Good luck to y'all

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 21

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A former expat who literally wept with gratitude while eating shitty fajitas at the Tel Aviv Hard Rock Cafe

Shitty fajitas? In France we would have danced barefoot on jagged rocks for even a shitty fajita. They had "Mexican" restaurants but near as I could puzzle out, they were run by Indians (b/c spicy is spicy, right?) who had somebody cooking a half-slap version of Cuban food.

I mean, you can find French food in Mexico. Froggy ain't even tryin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Write us when you find the best fajitas, margaritas, brisket, and cheese enchiladas in all of New Zealand! I hear the competition is stiff. Just keep after it.

Signed,

A former expat who literally wept with gratitude while eating shitty fajitas at the Tel Aviv Hard Rock Cafe

They also put beets on their hamburgers.  🤮

Beautiful country though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Shitty fajitas? In France we would have danced barefoot on jagged rocks for even a shitty fajita. They had "Mexican" restaurants but near as I could puzzle out, they were run by Indians (b/c spicy is spicy, right?) who had somebody cooking a half-slap version of Cuban food.

I mean, you can find French food in Mexico. Froggy ain't even tryin.

Well, why in the hell don't we find the Surly 1%ers, pitch them the investment idea and open a restaurant in Paris called, "Surly's Tex-Mex With An Attitude." Throw down some authentic Tex-Mex, killer margaritas, franchise the hell out of it then in 3 - 5 years sell it off for a bundle!

Why not? Isn't it a great time to open new restaurants?

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2021 at 6:19 PM, Lidig8r said:

Well, why in the hell don't we find the Surly 1%ers, pitch them the investment idea and open a restaurant in Paris called, "Surly's Tex-Mex With An Attitude." Throw down some authentic Tex-Mex, killer margaritas, franchise the hell out of it then in 3 - 5 years sell it off for a bundle!

Why not? Isn't it a great time to open new restaurants?

https://goo.gl/maps/Fg7SympC1uMde4nC7

On 1/1/2021 at 2:09 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

I think we are all in agreement that we are relieved you didn't murder your wife. 

On 1/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, South Austin said:

I’m not convinced. Why do you think he fled the United States?

I'm pretty sure we can make a fairly convincing case that he just graduated to kidnapping and his wife is currently bound in a dark cellar with duct tape while he takes out his Covid rage on her daily with a sock full of quarters and his tiny, limp Jimbo Fisher-esque dick. 

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm pretty sure we can make a fairly convincing case that he just graduated to kidnapping and his wife is currently bound in a dark cellar with duct tape while he takes out his Covid rage on her daily with a sock full of quarters and his tiny, limp Jimbo Fisher-esque dick. 

Very detailed description. You must have video.

This appears to be your run of the mill crazy person posting nonsense. I miss the good old days when the crazies that posted here were responsible for city wide manhunts looking for a mysterious rock thrower while fending off the teens or driving their custom Miata anti-tank high frequency recording mobile over the border 20 times a day so they can scream AM I BEING DETAINED to the Arby’s drive thru guy and then sues George Washington for violations of the 34th amendment and ends up with a published 5th Circuit opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

This appears to be your run of the mill crazy person posting nonsense. I miss the good old days when the crazies that posted here were responsible for city wide manhunts looking for a mysterious rock thrower while fending off the teens or driving their custom Miata anti-tank high frequency recording mobile over the border 20 times a day so they can scream AM I BEING DETAINED to the Arby’s drive thru guy and then sues George Washington for violations of the 34th amendment and ends up with a published 5th Circuit opinion. 

Mitsubishi, not a Miata.  I'm probably just as crazy for remembering that and posting it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:58 AM, SydneyCarton said:

So, Thursday at most of our houses?