Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Read that elsewhere today -- the full text:

I mean.....this alone....just this....is more humanity and decency than we saw from the Shitheel over the entire tenure of his awful presidency.

And I am close with someone who worked with Biden for years in the Senate and considers him a friend.  He has clearly stated, numerous times, that this aspect of Biden's personality is the real deal.

The Trumpkins and Qtards can indulge in their insane fantasies all they want -- and we can all have periodic or even regular policy disagreements with Biden (I have had many over the years) -- but if you don't believe that he is a decent human being, you are fucking warped.

I have a thread pinned on Twitter from a rabbi that met him. Old lady had passed and he was paying his respects. She was so poor they had to meet in the laundry room in the basement. But, when he ran the first time she gave him 18 bucks. 18 is a special number for Jewish people. My Gentile self doesn't remember why, but the rabbi explained it. She sent the same 18 dollars every time he ran. Those two mites from the widow(she could have been an old maid, work with me here) made him want to be there. He knew.

No entourage. Sat at the back. Said nothing until the rabbi asked him why he was there.

A decent fucking human being in the WH.

It's been a long four years.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Like 1

Back in the Paris Climate Agreement, bye Keystone pipeline, directing EPA and all government agencies to fight climate change, directives to review and restore Bears Ears and other National Monuments.  It's a good start for me.
Fucking A!
I might get to through hike John Muir before they steal it all.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

People are freaking out about this Bc it’s against norms/precedent. First off, Truman did it. And secondly, LOL @ norms after 4 years of Trump. 

Norms matter again all of a sudden to some people.  Like the deficit.  And family values.  And a president's age.  And rioters.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

People are freaking out about this Bc it’s against norms/precedent. First off, Truman did it. And secondly, LOL @ norms after 4 years of Trump. 

Yeah, those people can get back to me after they run out of fingers counting up Hatch Act violations, 'Acting' cabinet installations, and crony PPE loans.

Also: Greta Thunberg is aces. She and AOC should tagteam twitter the GOP and in two days they'd have grown men sobbing in a corner.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, anyone that Trump hired that isn't a lifetime appointment is fair game to be fired.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

That and everyone Trump hired was an incompetent ideologue. They can fuck right off and get the hell out of government 

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Truly, I don't think it was idiocy in Jared's case. He is a cruel and greedy man and he just didn't care.

You have a lot of faith in believing a slumlord  who inherited his wealth can capably handle a public health crisis. He never should’ve been anywhere near “in charge” of the pandemic response- or anything 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Truly, I don't think it was idiocy in Jared's case. He is a cruel and greedy man and he just didn't care.

In a few months, someone from the GAO is going to be doing some basic auditing of vaccine delivery and think "Why the hell are we paying a $2.00 processing fee per dose to 'IJK processing LLC'?" and then hopefully he and that succubus wife of his will end up in prison. 

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

You have a lot of faith in believing a slumlord  who inherited his wealth can capably handle a public health crisis. He never should’ve been anywhere near “in charge” of the pandemic response- or anything 

Fair point; but I don't think it was intended for him to handle it as much as profit of it. Maybe deliberate idiocy? He should have never been allowed to be anything other than a visitor to the WH. Same with his wife. Talk about shattering norms, that is barely a blip to most people these days--

12 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I can't imagine the job the WH domestic staff had to do to get the place livable for the Bidens. Will also be interesting over the next few days/weeks when the stories about transition teams, shit left in desks, and missing art and household items start to leak out. 

The GSA really had a lot of damn work to do - not to mention the $500k deep clean of the residence and offices to for them to be usable day one.

And they have to do maintenance of the Naval Observatory so Kamala and Doug won't move in yet. 

So, let's update the spreadsheet of changes to the Oval Office along with the likelihood (1-10) of the change causing a freakout among the Hawley/Boebert/Cruz set.

Out:

Andrew Jackson portrait-- (Freakout potential +7_
Winston Churchill bust (+9, "he's insulting our BESTEST FRIENDS!")
Flags of each military branch (+ 11 gazillion, I don't need to tell you).

In:

Benjamin Franklin portrait (Freakout potential low, +.5)
Moon Rock (Freakout potential will be surprising, +4 that Q will seize on this)
Cesar Chavez bust (+8)
MLK Jr. bust (+3 in public/+10 on Parler and closed Telegram chats)
RFK bust (+8)
Rosa Parks bust (See MLK)
Elanor Roosevelt bust (+8)
Apache on horseback sculpture (+3)
Daniel Webster bust (+7)
Portraits of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton (+.5 for all but FDR, who is at +6)

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/20/politics/inside-joe-biden-oval-office/index.html?utm_content=2021-01-21T05%3A31%3A05&utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link

Edited by 956 Worldwide
formatting
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So, let's update the spreadsheet of changes to the Oval Office along with the likelihood (1-10) of the change causing a freakout among the Hawley/Boebert/Cruz set.

Out:

Andrew Jackson portrait-- (Freakout potential +7_
Winston Churchill bust (+9, "he's insulting our BESTEST FRIENDS!")
Flags of each military branch (+ 11 gazillion, I don't need to tell you).

They'll freakout over the miltary flags, but as the parent of a soldier, he ought to have more cred than 45.

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

You are a kind person to refer to those objecting as "people" instead of bootlicking Trumpists.

It's amusing to see the GOPs hope to return to business as usual as though they are not all complicit in the four years culminating with the Capitol being sacked as Trump gleefully watched on the TV.

Sorry, you've (GOPs not Js1) lost the "Tut! Tut! This break with tradition is an outrage!" card in your deck of deceit. Your base doesn't care about it any more than you really do. Once you've swilled Tasmanian Devil Moonshine, it's hard to go back to Sylvester the Cat's Suffering Succotash Sasparilla. Your base is hooked on the hard stuff now.

Fuck around and find out how patient they are, this hysteria-addicted herd of violent morons whose shoulders you've chosen to ride.

Go Joe!

19 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

MLK Jr. bust (+3 in public/+10 on Parler and closed Telegram chats)
RFK bust (+8)

Abraham Lincoln, Alexander Hamilton 

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/20/politics/inside-joe-biden-oval-office/index.html?utm_content=2021-01-21T05%3A31%3A05&utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link

that's a lot of bullets, flip flop

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

You are a kind person to refer to those objecting as "people" instead of bootlicking Trumpists.

It's amusing to see the GOPs hope to return to business as usual as though they are not all complicit in the four years culminating with the Capitol being sacked as Trump gleefully watched on the TV.

Sorry, you've (GOPs not Js1) lost the "Tut! Tut! This break with tradition is an outrage!" card in your deck of deceit. Your base doesn't care about it any more than you really do. Once you've swilled Tasmanian Devil Moonshine, it's hard to go back to Sylvester the Cat's Suffering Succotash Sasparilla. Your base is hooked on the hard stuff now.

Fuck around and find out how patient they are, this hysteria-addicted herd of violent morons whose shoulders you've chosen to ride.

Go Joe!

I can agree with this.

We are already seeing a return of the GOP civility police, tradition/precedent/decorum matters crowd and fake deficit/debt posturing. 

So Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is already whining about Biden overturning Trump's EO's with his own and how actions like that show Biden is not for uniting the country.  What a bunch of whining pussies these Republicans are.  When they are in charge it's all elections have consequences, we don't give a shit about the other sides views, we will do whatever we want.  Now that they are out of power all of that goes out the window and they act like the Dems owe it to the country to do what the Republicans and their supporters want.  I am close to the point that I think the Dems should just lose the filibuster and enact everything they want (even stuff I disagree with) and then see where it plays out.  I am sure the Dems will lose power to the Republicans and it will back fire and they will enact horrific laws that hurt people and then say its all the Dems fault because they got rid of the filibuster but it's time to try and move the country forward at this point.  Enact new voting rights laws to help everybody vote fairly, move the country to sustainable green energy and protect the environment.  Better immigration system.  Trillions for infrastructure to update our roads/airports/high speed trains, etc... Fix the healthcare system so it's more affordable and offers better care.  Tax the uber rich a little bit more so we can pay for some of this stuff.  Move the college football playoffs to more than 4 teams.  DO IT ALL!

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is already whining about Biden overturning Trump's EO's with his own and how actions like that show Biden is not for uniting the country.  What a bunch of whining pussies these Republicans are.  When they are in charge it's all elections have consequences, we don't give a shit about the other sides views, we will do whatever we want.  Now that they are out of power all of that goes out the window and they act like the Dems owe it to the country to do what the Republicans and their supporters want.  I am close to the point that I think the Dems should just lose the filibuster and enact everything they want (even stuff I disagree with) and then see where it plays out.  I am sure the Dems will lose power to the Republicans and it will back fire and they will enact horrific laws that hurt people and then say its all the Dems fault because they got rid of the filibuster but it's time to try and move the country forward at this point.  Enact new voting rights laws to help everybody vote fairly, move the country to sustainable green energy and protect the environment.  Better immigration system.  Trillions for infrastructure to update our roads/airports/high speed trains, etc... Fix the healthcare system so it's more affordable and offers better care.  Tax the uber rich a little bit more so we can pay for some of this stuff.  Move the college football playoffs to more than 4 teams.  DO IT ALL!

I said this in the filibuster thread as well.  We can't worry about what might happen in the future.  And if we are smart (we aren't) we would pass laws to STOP the Rs from doing all the shit they MIGHT do.