Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

22 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is already whining about Biden overturning Trump's EO's with his own and how actions like that show Biden is not for uniting the country.  What a bunch of whining pussies these Republicans are.  When they are in charge it's all elections have consequences, we don't give a shit about the other sides views, we will do whatever we want.  Now that they are out of power all of that goes out the window and they act like the Dems owe it to the country to do what the Republicans and their supporters want.  I am close to the point that I think the Dems should just lose the filibuster and enact everything they want (even stuff I disagree with) and then see where it plays out.  I am sure the Dems will lose power to the Republicans and it will back fire and they will enact horrific laws that hurt people and then say its all the Dems fault because they got rid of the filibuster but it's time to try and move the country forward at this point.  Enact new voting rights laws to help everybody vote fairly, move the country to sustainable green energy and protect the environment.  Better immigration system.  Trillions for infrastructure to update our roads/airports/high speed trains, etc... Fix the healthcare system so it's more affordable and offers better care.  Tax the uber rich a little bit more so we can pay for some of this stuff.  Move the college football playoffs to more than 4 teams.  DO IT ALL!

2016-2020 : there can be no unity because the dems have been investigating trump since day 1. 

2021 : unity must come from the white house. 

are we caught up?

30 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is already whining about Biden overturning Trump's EO's with his own and how actions like that show Biden is not for uniting the country.  What a bunch of whining pussies these Republicans are.  When they are in charge it's all elections have consequences, we don't give a shit about the other sides views, we will do whatever we want.  Now that they are out of power all of that goes out the window and they act like the Dems owe it to the country to do what the Republicans and their supporters want.  I am close to the point that I think the Dems should just lose the filibuster and enact everything they want (even stuff I disagree with) and then see where it plays out.  I am sure the Dems will lose power to the Republicans and it will back fire and they will enact horrific laws that hurt people and then say its all the Dems fault because they got rid of the filibuster but it's time to try and move the country forward at this point.  Enact new voting rights laws to help everybody vote fairly, move the country to sustainable green energy and protect the environment.  Better immigration system.  Trillions for infrastructure to update our roads/airports/high speed trains, etc... Fix the healthcare system so it's more affordable and offers better care.  Tax the uber rich a little bit more so we can pay for some of this stuff.  Move the college football playoffs to more than 4 teams.  DO IT ALL!

Kevin McCarthy has still not apologized for spreading lies about the election results.  

Fuck your calls for unity, you fucking fascist piece of shit. 

Watching right now, it's refreshing to see someone who has read what's on the teleprompter...before reading it on the teleprompter.

Also, good save when he misread silent as salient, corrected himself, then said it is both salient and silent, while demonstrating that he actually new what 'salient' meant.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

So i know it's not the world's most pressing issue, but how soon does weed decrim come down the pipeline?

This reminds me of one of my favorite, corny criminal justice jokes:

"What's a progressive prosecutor?"

"Someone who asks your preferred pronouns before locking you up for a gram of weed." 

17 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

This is just a warning of things to come. Do you want to make a bet his healthcare plan will not include a public option? I can use Venmo ot Cashapp.

1) the facts of that article do not support that conclusion 

2) While the Democrat majority may or may not advance a public option (they should and probably will), David Sirota and Jacobin are bullshit purveyors.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't see that as denying a public option.

Nope. We were supposed to have open enrollment for a new public option by yesterday when we were also supposed to be getting both rounds of covid vaccine. Biden was also supposed to fix the month wait time between injections. Bidens a failure!!  And he hasn't fixed global warming!!  Meanwhile every coal miner in America just starved to death this morning!!  Plus China still exists and Biden wears a watch!!  

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Quoting Sirota.

Not a good idea.

Go get some BriBri and Glenn while your at it.

Greenwald posts uncomfortable truths from time to time. 

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Quoting Sirota.

Not a good idea.

Go get some BriBri and Glenn while your at it.

Do you like anyone who even slightly critiques status quo/corporate Dems? 

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nope. We were supposed to have open enrollment for a new public option by yesterday when we were also supposed to be getting both rounds of covid vaccine. Biden was also supposed to fix the month wait time between injections. Bidens a failure!!  And he hasn't fixed global warming!!  Meanwhile every coal miner in America just starved to death this morning!!  Plus China still exists and Biden wears a watch!!  

It must be the dementia.

Biden messing with girl’s sports?

“Amid Inauguration Day talk of shattered glass ceilings, on Wednesday President Biden delivered a body blow to the rights of women and girls: the Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation. On day one, Mr. Biden placed all girls’ sports and women’s safe spaces in the crosshairs of the administrative state.

The order declares: “Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the rest room, the locker room, or school sports. . . . All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.” The order purports to direct administrative agencies to begin promulgating regulations that would enforce the Supreme Court’s 2020 decision Bostock v. Clayton County. In fact, it goes much further.”

They better fix this!

1 minute ago, Superhero said:

Hell, I'd buy a Rolex if I got a $400K / year job.

The nicest watch he's been caught sporting was an Omega Speedmaster Professional.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/a34771306/president-joe-biden-watches/

Number one  thing about President Biden's watch is: thank the Lord it fits.

Number two thing about President Biden's watch is: we know he can read it. Tell me again who used to be two hours late for his Task Force Press Briefings?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Biden messing with girl’s sports?

“Amid Inauguration Day talk of shattered glass ceilings, on Wednesday President Biden delivered a body blow to the rights of women and girls: the Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation. On day one, Mr. Biden placed all girls’ sports and women’s safe spaces in the crosshairs of the administrative state.

The order declares: “Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the rest room, the locker room, or school sports. . . . All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.” The order purports to direct administrative agencies to begin promulgating regulations that would enforce the Supreme Court’s 2020 decision Bostock v. Clayton County. In fact, it goes much further.”

They better fix this!

I haz a confuz 

I haz a confuz 

Lemme clear it up for you: the same people who worshipped a man who bragged about grabbing women by the pushy and leering at Alf naked teenage beauty contestants are SUPER DUPER serious about protecting women, so they oppose any efforts to let transgendered people play sports and go in locker rooms with them.

Makes perfect sense, I know.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Lemme clear it up for you: the same people who worshipped a man who bragged about grabbing women by the pushy and leering at Alf naked teenage beauty contestants are SUPER DUPER serious about protecting women, so they oppose any efforts to let transgendered people play sports and go in locker rooms with them.

Makes perfect sense, I know.

Also telling Joe Biden to “fix it” is stupid Bc it’s the same guy who called trans rights the new civil rights fight.  He did fix it. 

4 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

And now we have more troops in Syria. That was quick. Considering the hawks Biden has surrounded himself with we should be at war w/Iran or whatever country Israel chooses in a year or so. 

I was going to reply with a sarcastic gif or something but I’ll actually be civil. What are you talking about? A link would be helpful.

It's not like the ground was not already fertilized:

Pompeo met with the head of Mossad a little over two weeks before Trump left office, plus the sanctions, the assassination, the violation of the nuclear accord, and then Pompeo's speech accusing them of being the new base for Al Qaeda ten days ago is just the kind of thing to transition into a new administration smoothly.