Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Hell, I'd buy a Rolex if I got a $400K / year job.

The nicest watch he's been caught sporting was an Omega Speedmaster Professional.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/a34771306/president-joe-biden-watches/

It kills me that this is the best they can do for a "scandal".  Also, Rolex steel datejust is a solid watch (it's under $10K) but its not extravagant.  Wearing a Rolex is akin to driving a BMW or a Benz.  If he were wearing a Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet, A Lang and Sohne or a higher end type watch (those are more akin to driving a Bentley, Rolls, Ferrari) I would be more impressed but still wouldn't give a shit.  It's a fucking watch and he can spend his money how he likes.  

32 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

The article literally says "Other local media report that such maneuvers are not unusual as the US often moves transfers equipment between Iraq and Syria."

Some routine movements made you jump to big conclusions.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It kills me that this is the best they can do for a "scandal".  Also, Rolex steel datejust is a solid watch (it's under $10K) but its not extravagant.  Wearing a Rolex is akin to driving a BMW or a Benz.  If he were wearing a Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet, A Lang and Sohne or a higher end type watch (those are more akin to driving a Bentley, Rolls, Ferrari) I would be more impressed but still wouldn't give a shit.  It's a fucking watch and he can spend his money how he likes.  

In Philadelphia it's worth $50 bucks...  and 10s of thousands of votes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

a man who bragged about grabbing women by the pushy and leering at Alf naked

Not going to lie, I’m not sure if this is a typo or just another Gordon Shumway related scandal that I missed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 12:31 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

On the other hand, if they aren't able to stop the apocalypse, it would mean that you are stuck in the mountains of Vermont.

After getting there I was kinda rooting for the apocalypse because of how serene it was. It snowed the entire week which was something I enjoyed immensely. Not going to get that kind of weather nor that level of quiet here in the city.

On a serious note I am glad to see we are on good footing early on in the new administration. Staying the course though is the challenge because people who are filled with the misery and hate that the members of the cult are will surely try to drag others down in the mud with them. 

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

Oh look more racism. He’s Chinese!!! (He’s not) JINA JOE!!

Is this when we have a global conversation about the differences between the nationalities, ethnicities, and sometimes strong animosity in SE Asia?

Reverse the whip. "Oh, you think they are all the same huh? Well, you couldn't be more wrong."

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

But what about what 74M people want?!?

Exactly! These fucking libtard cucks owe us some goddamn unity! I don't give a fuck how they feel about it. Fuck their feelings! What about our feelings? Now get your snowflake asses out there and do some shit that is vastly unpopular to show you're reaching out to us. You fucking Satanist child killers! It's time for healing, you Communist fucks! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Exactly! These fucking libtard cucks owe us some goddamn unity! I don't give a fuck how they feel about it. Fuck their feelings! What about our feelings? Now get your snowflake asses out there and do some shit that is vastly unpopular to show you're reaching out to us. You fucking Satanist child killers! It's time for healing, you Communist fucks! 

OK, fine, I'm convinced.  

21 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Not going to lie, read that in Tooz voice from his rant in North Dallas Forty.  

24 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Someone could recite this verbatim at the next MAGA rally, and not a single one of them would realize that they were getting satired.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

The President went to church this morning instead of playing golf.

Then he stopped a business he doesn’t own to get some bagels.

Then he spent time with his family instead of watching cable news.

Then he had some meetings and worked instead of tweeting.

Joe Biden clearly needs to learn how to president!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The President went to church this morning instead of playing golf.

Then he stopped a business he doesn’t own to get some bagels.

Then he spent time with his family instead of watching cable news.

Then he had some meetings and worked instead of tweeting.

Joe Biden clearly needs to learn how to president!

You know another thing that I forgot I missed?  It will be great to have a First Lady that actually does real, important, and effectual things. Not some tarted up gold digging whore that wants nothing more than to not be there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

It still doesn't matter.  It's basically a $5-6k watch.  Joe and Jill Biden's 2019 federal tax return showed $944,737 in taxable income.

I think he can afford a $6k watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It still doesn't matter.  It's basically a $5-6k watch.  Joe and Jill Biden's 2019 federal tax return showed $944,737 in taxable income.
I think he can afford a $6k watch. 

It wouldn’t matter if it was a $50000 watch. He’s a grown ass man and he didn’t steal from the taxpayers to buy it.

But in addition to the so called scandal being ridiculous, especially after years of a so called president who took millions of taxpayers’ money in income and stole from a children’s cancer charity, the NYT couldn’t even do basic research or decency to determine Biden was wearing his dead son’s watch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It wouldn’t matter if it was a $50000 watch. He’s a grown ass man and he didn’t steal from the taxpayers to buy it.

But in addition to the so called scandal being ridiculous, especially after years of a so called president who took millions of taxpayers’ money in income and stole from a children’s cancer charity, the NYT couldn’t even do basic research or decency to determine Biden was wearing his dead son’s watch.

Unless the fucking watch was engraved with “Fuck America, Heil Hitler”, this doesn’t even fucking register on the presidential scandal scale of the last half decade.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Frankly, I don't want a president who doesn't have a Rolex, even if it's not the most cultured and classy timepiece. A traditional 24k Datejust or Steel Submariner says something about the wearer being a trustworthy, solid, average guy, willing to roll up his sleeves and provide workmanlike white collar output.

A Rolex says he's not going to be professionally excellent nor will he be an embarrassing dotard. He's a political and/or business C-Student. He will be wholly average and boring. A return.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

28 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

A reporter asked Psaki for benchmarks on achieving unity. They just can’t help themselves. 

Was it fox? They keep trying to snare her in a sound bite and she doesn’t respond 

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Frankly, I don't want a president who doesn't have a Rolex, even if it's not the most cultured and classy timepiece. A traditional 24k Datejust or Steel Submariner says something about the wearer being a trustworthy, solid, average guy, willing to roll up his sleeves and provide workmanlike white collar output.

A Rolex says he's not going to be professionally excellent nor will he be an embarrassing dotard. He's a political and/or business C-Student. He will be wholly average and boring. A return.

Oh bullshit.  Especially the second paragraph.

Christ on cracker.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oh bullshit.  Especially the second paragraph.

Christ on cracker.

Okay? Not only was I speaking with tongue-in-cheek, but humor is rooted in observable truth and, my friend, thems the truths as far as I can see. Your mileage may vary and I respect that...and I guess I oughta apologize to your Rolex for the offense. It's a fine watch, good job.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Okay? Not only was I speaking with tongue-in-cheek, but humor is rooted in observable truth and, my friend, thems the truths as far as I can see. Your mileage may vary and I respect that...and I guess I oughta apologize to your Rolex for the offense. It's a fine watch, good job.

A $200 Orient today.

41 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You failed to use the sarcasm font, dammit.  And my meter needs adjusting.

However, I find this reportage annoying.  Relentless reporting of these trivial "outrages" went a long way to helping Trump successfully accuse the media of being unfair or untruthful later on in his presidency.  The breathless early reporting of false or minor outrages dulled people to the outrages that were ongoing and upcoming.

Apart from Biden or Trump, as you are probably aware, there is a lot of ascribing of character traits based on timepiece that goes on, and it's absurd.  I like watches.  But I get that it's just a watch.

That said, Biden's DJ shows that he is a solid regular dude with decent taste, while Trump's Patek shows that he is a grimy pimp.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1