2021 Rain Thread

South Austin

Guest Lobo
24 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:
32 minutes ago, Somnio said:
Not sure where you're from homeboy, but getting rain in these parts is catching a break.

Austin born and raised. I'm all about the rain, but the hail and wind can fuck right off.

Wind?  What do you have against wind?  I mean, yeah...nobody likes tornadoes.  But in general "wind"...?  Are you an anti-Aeolian?!?  You're an aeolianite, aren't you ?

4 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

What is causing this color in austin

Hmmm 🤔 

Damn houses were in the way. Wanted to get a better shot but there was nowhere to take it. I guess I could have jumped their fence. They seem like pretty cool people.

Yeah, kinda died out as expected w/loss of sun/heat.

One more possibility later tonight with the front, a line (if any), probably thin with a pocket or two of brief TS's; many won't get squat.  Not really a significant rain I think, just some wetness to accompany the front.  Then tomorrow nice and cool.

7 minutes ago, miguelito said:

I had golf ball size hail on the edge of that storm in Boerne. We could hear it coming, almost sounded like a train. 😳

Don't worry Rox. I'm already in a remodel and am scheduled for a new roof, if they can find enough shingles.

Wait... you have someone else doing the roof?  That's ABSOLUTELY the "worry" part.

See the source image

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yikes...be safe!

Yea my uncle is right where that 175 sign is in Kaufman County. Told him to pay attention and be safe. He text me back "gonna sleep good tonight all good" hopedully it's weakens 

• Hook 'Em 2

Guest Lobo

Well, if you're in Newfoundland, you should appreciate the extremely accurate long-term models.  

But the rest of us are left asking, "Da Fuh?"  

Model for the rest of May in Austin looks to be seasonally normal temps (thank god!) and average to above average rainfall.  I'll take it.  

Edited by Lobo

13 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Forcefield went out a bit west today and said fuck you storms, go mess up Hays and Waco. 

That real nasty cell that came from Brady towards FBG just flat out died right before it got to Hays. I could see the thunderhead from my back porch in NB with a nice lightning show while it was 100 miles away then poof, the cloud just disintegrated at sundown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Good chance of mostly rainy rain, not damaging rain, between lunch and dinner.  Severe could pop up but the risk area is mostly north of us.  Don't park it in the garage but have one ready just in the slightest chance...

If we're gonna get a heapin' helpin' of hospitable rain, it's gonna be today.  

Sun into the rest of the week, then cloudy, rainy weekend.

The rate it's going, June should be nice at least before hellfire and damnation return for the rest of the summer.

=

Edited by phdhorn

I wish I had some kind of shield on my car or force field. I rearrange the garage so two cars will fit. It just drizzles. I leave my car outside it’s quarter size hail. I park in the garage and golf balls of ice rain from the sky. I’m not doing shit. Lol. 

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I wish I had some kind of shield on my car or force field. I rearrange the garage so two cars will fit. It just drizzles. I leave my car outside it’s quarter size hail. I park in the garage and golf balls of ice rain from the sky. I’m not doing shit. Lol. 

image.thumb.png.75a2a54156f750a22a0d945729c9a1c7.png

• Haha 2