2021 Rain Thread

South Austin

Meh... our Troop unofficial motto is "embrace the suck".  We'll go one way or the other & of course "Be Prepared" means to bring the right gear.  The difference for this one is it's out "Crossover Campout" where we take the new Cub Scouts that came into the Troop out on their 1st Troop camping activity.

We don't want to run them off with a wet event on their 1st time out with the full troop.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is from the NWS. 

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 78. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. South southeast wind around 10 mph.
Saturday
A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Sunday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81.
Sunday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Meh... our Troop unofficial motto is "embrace the suck".  We'll go one way or the other & of course "Be Prepared" means to bring the right gear.  The difference for this one is it's out "Crossover Campout" where we take the new Cub Scouts that came into the Troop out on their 1st Troop camping activity.

We don't want to run them off with a wet event on their 1st time out with the full troop.

Crossover campout sounds like a weekend where boy scouts can be girl scouts and vice versa. Like a scouting Rumspringa. Get yer freak on kids. 

I think the rain will prevail, but man it's like trying to take one of those 3 rolls/20 oz. steak shits, and it takes forever to finally happen.  Stuff is finally gonna hit us, I think over the next hour - for starters.

Severe upgraded but right now things seem fairly not-happeningish.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

So the rain is the 3 bread rolls, and we're the 20oz. steak?  And the force field is the impacted shit?  Or we're the forcefield of steak shits in rolls of rain?  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

So the rain is the 3 bread rolls, and we're the 20oz. steak?  And the force field is the impacted shit?  Or we're the forcefield of steak shits in rolls of rain?  

Stop being a bureaucrat, get out a beer, and sit on your porch.  Then it'll rain.

Guest Lobo

Dammit man, you do not speak to the Associate Vice President of a community bank like that!  

I am gonna have a beer though.  It's already thundering like a mofo between you and I on Bee Caves Road.  Gonna sneak out and watch the light show before dinner/bedtime stories.  We expecting hail with this deal or?  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Dammit man, you do not speak to the Associate Vice President of a community bank like that!  

I am gonna have a beer though.  It's already thundering like a mofo between you and I on Bee Caves Road.  Gonna sneak out and watch the light show before dinner/bedtime stories.  We expecting hail with this deal or?  

I’ve already parked both solid gold batmobiles into the garage. I’d get on it if I were you. 

Guest Lobo
17 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'm leaving my Shelby AC Cobra out in the driveway, it ain't gonna rain.

I'm taking my 13-year old truck inside the garage just in case.  It's probably worth the same as your Cobra deductible.  

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

It is now raining in Bee Cave as usual.

Hail could be in some storm or two this evening, but I doubt it, and nothing is in anything coming in right now.

I take this to mean all the bad shit will happen near me then. This means once Bee Cave is out of any possible danger you’ll post you’re done for the evening and an F5 tornado will form over my zip code. 🌪Fuck. 

Guest Lobo

"And then that's it" like "that's curtains for us" or "that's it, the rain is all over for us."  ?

Damn your political double-speak!

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"And then that's it" like "that's curtains for us" or "that's it, the rain is all over for us."  ?

Damn your political double-speak!

Something Wicked this Way Comes (there is a red blob approaching from the southwest.) Thats a great old movie btw...

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I’m tryin’ Ringo.  I’m tryin real hard to be the steak.  

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

got that nice rain in Lakeway. yaaay. Gonna get fucking hot and humid when this whatever moves

away from the area. Yuk.

It's actually supposed to dry out and then get a bit....nippy.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=30.362690000000043&lon=-97.98002999999994#.YJtQKKFOlPY

Edited by Hate
  • Haha 1