2021 Rain Thread

South Austin

Just tweaked a downspout to have the rain flow a bit better from the front of the house.  Tweaking complete 5 minute before the good times rolled in.  Meanwhile between Beaumont and Winnie, someone got a good 13" of rain this morning (!)

Edited by texasdago

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

USAA rep. Got up on roof and looked it over. Said no damage or would have pm’d ya. 

Unless the adjuster was contract, I'd want a 2nd look.  In house?  Hmmm...  Especially if it's the quantity / volume you are saying the neighborhood has.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Unless the adjuster was contract, I'd want a 2nd look.  In house?  Hmmm...  Especially if it's the quantity / volume you are saying the neighborhood has.

I can always ask. Not my house. Staying here until I can afford to move. Divorce wrecked me financially and Covid hit right around the same time. I’ll ask but it ain’t my decision. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Some nice rainfall totals up in the Buchanan basin from the storm that just rolled through. Keep it coming.

I just checked the LCRA hydromet page and the Colorado is flowing over 2K directly into Buchanan right now.

https://hydromet.lcra.org/?wap=0

I was just there yesterday and the lake had already risen quite a bit from the rain two weeks ago.  I'm hoping this brings it up quite a bit more for the summer.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

I just checked the LCRA hydromet page and the Colorado is flowing over 2K directly into Buchanan right now.

https://hydromet.lcra.org/?wap=0

I was just there yesterday and the lake had already risen quite a bit from the rain two weeks ago.  I'm hoping this brings it up quite a bit more for the summer.

Don't hoard it all. Travis is 21 feet low right now as well.

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Just tweaked a downspout to have the rain flow a bit better from the front of the house.  Tweaking complete 5 minute before the good times rolled in.  Meanwhile between Beaumont and Winnie, someone got a good 13" of rain this morning (!)

In Fannett? I saw that - I've been watching KFDM's Facebook posts and it's nuts in SETX right now. A Lumberton ISD bus got stuck in floodwaters this morning (everyone is fine), and it looks like water is over the road in mid-county.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, phdhorn said:
Severe TS Williamson, high winds and small hail.
And this is only the "calm before the storm" day?

Any hope for baseball at Dell tonight

Yes

or the Disch tomorrow?

No

I had to go get my son from school for an orthodontist appointment. This is what I was driving in to.

0c3a183e92f5d9c246fdf3e8885bfcb0.jpg

The freeze broke my rain gauge so I have no idea how much rain we’ve gotten so far, but it’s been about an hour since that picture and we’ve had to have gotten a couple of inches of rain so far. It’s going to be an interesting week.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hate said:

I had to go get my son from school for an orthodontist appointment. This is what I was driving in to.

The freeze broke my rain gauge so I have no idea how much rain we’ve gotten so far, but it’s been about an hour since that picture and we’ve had to have gotten a couple of inches of rain so far. It’s going to be an interesting week.

You should be driving South, not North! Ortho appointments are cheaper in Spring then The Woodlands 😉

53 minutes ago, austingirl said:

In Fannett? I saw that - I've been watching KFDM's Facebook posts and it's nuts in SETX right now. A Lumberton ISD bus got stuck in floodwaters this morning (everyone is fine), and it looks like water is over the road in mid-county.

My buddy in Nederland posted this morning they had already gotten 9" and it was still raining. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

Downtown Earlier today:

spacer.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Just think boobies.   The name mammatus is derived from the Latin mamma (meaning "udder" or "breast").

tenor.png

Even better:  the term was first coined in 1894 by an English clergyman with 8 kids.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1