Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

All hate aside and talking football i dont think he will be horrible

He will sit for a year hopefully in a perfect world and then depending on what the future holds he will be stepping into a offensive that will have josh gordon ,jarvis landry, carlos hyde , coleman , duke johnson and Njoku

Cleveland messed up by not taking chubb but mayfield hate aside will most likely be best qb they have had in a long while

Im not saying i think he will be a mvp or anything but he could be a starter for them for a decent span

On 4/25/2018 at 5:55 PM, texaslong said:

I still crack up every time he states that Texas didn’t recruit him, that’s why he hates them. Oklahoma didn’t recruit him either, and he had to walk on up there just to get on the team. Every time he makes that statement it makes him look dumb.

Well, looks ain’t deceiving. 

23 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Cleveland messed up by not taking chubb but mayfield hate aside will most likely be best qb they have had in a long while

Yeah, but he’s a deadman walking. 

I liked the faces on the Brown’s fans when he was announced. A collective “aw shit” look. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

He will sit for a year hopefully in a perfect world and then depending on what the future holds he will be stepping into a offensive that will have josh gordon ,jarvis landry, carlos hyde , coleman , duke johnson and Njoku

Im not saying i think he will be a mvp or anything but he could be a starter for them for a decent span

I actually agree, but a big if.  IF he grows the fuck up and acts like an adult, I think he'll survive the assrapings the first year or two until Cleveland fucking tries to get at least high school talent on their lines, and he might stay.  IF he in any way thinks this is all about him, he'll fucking Manziel himself out of the league and end up selling muffler bolts at some Austin Auto Zone.  If he thinks his "emotional" antics are "good for the league" or some narcissistic shit then he'll be done and out by year 2.  Plus he really has to change his throwing fundamentals, the pro game is faster and that slinging shit will end up INC or with 6 taken back to his own end zone a few times.  If he buckles down and works on his game, it's possible.  He's not going to get away from people, herp derping around in the pros.  They'll fucking turn him into taco sauce.  He has to be a pocket passer, with the run as a last option.  If he believes he's going to be a dual threat, he's dead fucking meat.  NO ONE in the pros is a "dual threat" after about a year when film's on him.  Ask RGIII, Vick, even VY (who had to stop running after two knee injuries).  It's up to him.

Although I'm still happy he gets to go to Cleveland.  Not some fucking cushy southern city or the big house of NYC.  So, does he grow up or turn to Jason White II?

Which way he goes, I have no idea.

52 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Although I'm still happy he gets to go to Cleveland.  Not some fucking cushy southern city or the big house of NYC.  So, does he grow up or turn to Jason White II?

There's only one Air Comfort Solutions...

hqdefault.jpg

12 hours ago, slorch said:

Maybe his daddy will call in on PTI and defend his omni-downtrodden little bitch.

His daddy needs to worry about his DWI. If his daddy's a dipshit and raised a dipshit, then the Browns deserve exactly what's coming to them after drafting two dipshits from dipshit families.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Cleveland had #1 and #4 and picked a 3rd round talent QB (at best) and a DB that only started 1 year. 

Browns are going to Browns.  Could've had Barkley at 1 (best player in draft) and still overreached for taint licker at 4.

15 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

I don't either.  Honestly, he is basically Colt McCoy but is also a douchebag.  Colt was picked about where he should have been  

15 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

When you draft a QB as first rounder, you want them to either be elite or to suck so bad you can move on after 2-3 seasons,  The worst thing is for them to be decent and a starter for a decent span.  That means you have no chance to win anything but they are good enough to keep you from drafting high.

Miami would be better off had Tannehill flamed out like Jamarcus Russell did.  But nope, he is going to hold them hostage for better part of a decade.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

QB is a problem in Cleveland, but it is not the problem. They would be much better served by developing the lines first, and then worrying about finding a franchise QB.

Mayfield will suck simply because whoever the QB is for Cleveland will suck. Lather, rinse, repeat.

He'll be #29 since '99.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

When you draft a QB as first rounder, you want them to either be elite or to suck so bad you can move on after 2-3 seasons,  The worst thing is for them to be decent and a starter for a decent span.  That means you have no chance to win anything but they are good enough to keep you from drafting high.

Miami would be better off had Tannehill flamed out like Jamarcus Russell did.  But nope, he is going to hold them hostage for better part of a decade.

You just described Kansas City and Alex Smith perfectly. Also see Andy dalton, Stafford etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I disagree...lots of qb's that are decent have won superbowls and been competitive 

Dont think thats the case here but this is cleveland they need somebody to solidify position somewhat for a few years

You cant judge your team if you have string of useless arms for 15 years

They need a decent qb that can give them a chance to win then build up...

Baker Manziel just got his elite passcatcher / stoner / credit card fraudster WR Antonio Calloway. He may never play a down once he gets enough money to do something really stupid. This kid fucked over my Gators badly when him and Scarlett took half the freshmen under their wing and tried the dumbest heist ever.

20 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

I disagree...lots of qb's that are decent have won superbowls and been competitive 

Dont think thats the case here but this is cleveland they need somebody to solidify position somewhat for a few years

You cant judge your team if you have string of useless arms for 15 years

They need a decent qb that can give them a chance to win then build up...

Yeah they don't have that

We will see...not saying he is going to be a top 10qb but i think he will be able to help cleveland more than last 15 or so have....derek anderson back in day with braylon edwards and winslow...thats the last decent qb they have had

Edited by Bone3421
Wrong qb

On 4/27/2018 at 4:21 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

QB is a problem in Cleveland, but it is not the problem. They would be much better served by developing the lines first, and then worrying about finding a franchise QB.

Mayfield will suck simply because whoever the QB is for Cleveland will suck. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Exactly. Which is why they shoulda traded down for value & numbers. But they don't know shit. But then, if they knew shit, they wouldn't be the Browns.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 8:12 AM, phdhorn said:

He's definitely not prepared for the half-dozen NFL fanbases that will be competing to take up permanent residence in his head.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's definitely not prepared for the half-dozen NFL fanbases that will be competing to take up permanent residence in his head.

Lol.  Nobody cares to waste time taking up space in the Browns’ QB’s head.  They’re the Browns.   He/they will be laughed at until they win something.  They have some decent young pieces but it’s gonna be quite the climb. 

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Nobody cares to waste time taking up space in the Browns’ QB’s head.  They’re the Browns.   He/they will be laughed at until they win something.  They have some decent young pieces but it’s gonna be quite the climb. 

If he takes the bait they will.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 4:15 PM, Johnny Sack said:

I don't either.  Honestly, he is basically Colt McCoy but is also a douchebag.  Colt was picked about where he should have been  

The Browns suck so bad. Remember how excited Colt McCoy was when Cleveland drafted Trent Richardson in the top ten, then went ahead and drafted the 35 year old Oklahoma State QB late in the first round? 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Watch two enormous bags of shit arguing. 

There is no one in media I hate more than Collin Cowherd.

You know Cowherd, I always stick up for him. They say oh, Cowherd that loud mouth - and they say that a lot. I say oh, no you just don't know Cowherd. I mean when they call him an idiot, I say Cowherd's not an idiot. Well, you know something maybe they know him pretty good. Maybe I'm just starting to find out.

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread