Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Similar maturity issues, though. If they win, everything will be fine. If not, his act will get old fast.
It's amazing to me how NFL GMs just keep handing the keys to the kingdom over to QBs without even a hint of a mental eval. It does not seem like a job that lends itself at all to growing up while learning on the job. I'm really hard pressed to think of a single guy that's come into the league in the last 10 years or so with maturity red flags and turned into something decent. Cam Newton? Even he seemed to have put a lot of his issues behind him by the time he actually came into the league. I guess Kirk Cousins is supposed to be kind of a prick?

Cam Newton is your pick for putting his issues behind him?
  • Like 1

Baker is getting paid millions to play for a professional team. The team sucks, Baker sucks, what more do the fans want? If shaving his face helps Baker play better then I hope the rest of the Browns team shaves. They are the 2019 disappointment of the NFL. They are an embarrassment to the league. Fire all of them!

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

17-32 is pretty damn good?  6 ypa is pretty damn good?

Haha, yeah, I esp liked when Baker missed that throw to the left sideline by like a fucking mile. Aikman couldn't believe what he was seeing & basically said that's a throw an NFL qb has to make and it would've been an easy first down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Just guessing, they had to have close to the worst win percentage the prior decade too, didn't they? 

I'm bored so I went and checked. Their record last decade was 57-103. Giving them a winning percentage of .356. Their last playoff appearance was last decade in 2004.

2 decades and only 2 winning seasons. One playoff appearance. No playoff wins. God only knows how many starting QBs. I guess the Cavs, Indians and Ohio St make up for it but man, that is fucking shitty to put it mildly. They have not won their division in 3 decades. So many thought winning their division would be a foregone conclusion even though their QB has very little experience and just isn't that great right now and their head coach fucking sucks. Being offseason and paper champs does not equate to results on the field. We have seen that many times in sports, especially the NFL.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

Who else dry heaved yesterday rooting for Kyler Murray over Baker Mayfield? 

Me. But a I do live in Phoenix. Not that anyone cares about the cardinals but it’s more interesting when they are good and b I don’t care for Murray but he doesn’t seem like the same level of cunt as mayfield.

Went ahead and looked at the 1990s for grins.  

1990s:  41-71, including the 3-year 1996-98 interregnum.  Also including their 11-5 1994 year, in which they won a wildcard playoff game.  Unfortunately, the next season they fell to 5-11, and then fired Bill Bellichick.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So to add it all up, their last 3 decades they have a record of 140-292-1for a win percentage of .324. Is this the worst run by any franchise in sports history? That is 3 decades of being fucking terrible. 

And firing Bill Bellichick.  Don't forget firing Bill Bellichik.  

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So to add it all up, their last 3 decades they have a record of 140-292-1for a win percentage of .324. Is this the worst run by any franchise in sports history? That is 3 decades of being fucking terrible. 

I bet the Indians can put up a 30-year window about that bad, without looking. Like work backward from the first time they got competitive in our lifetimes, around the mid-90s-- I bet they won less than 40% of their games with no post-season the prior three decades.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm bored so I went and checked. Their record last decade was 57-103. Giving them a winning percentage of .356. Their last playoff appearance was last decade in 2004.

2 decades and only 2 winning seasons. One playoff appearance. No playoff wins. God only knows how many starting QBs. I guess the Cavs, Indians and Ohio St make up for it but man, that is fucking shitty to put it mildly. They have not won their division in 3 decades. So many thought winning their division would be a foregone conclusion even though their QB has very little experience and just isn't that great right now and their head coach fucking sucks. Being offseason and paper champs does not equate to results on the field. We have seen that many times in sports, especially the NFL.

I know just the coach that can turn this around...

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Me. But a I do live in Phoenix. Not that anyone cares about the cardinals but it’s more interesting when they are good and b I don’t care for Murray but he doesn’t seem like the same level of cunt as mayfield.

Murray is a lower key bitch but he doesn't have the full "I was a walk on who defied the odds, come at me bro" fake tough guy/love of the game shtick.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

78996872_3169638449749556_41465807758331

What an unmitigated disaster this season has been - arguably worse than the 1-15 and 0-16 debacles of a few years ago.

Lots of stuff on twitter about an outright player revolt.

This season is a perfect exemplar of why KC ran off Dorsey - good talent evaluator but not a guy to run a franchise.  He thinks this is Madden and a video game and completely discounts the mental makeup of a player, so we get a team full of complete shit-heads who have zero respect for the coaching staff (not that they deserve much, but hey).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nnm said:

Pre-rape Baylor.  Post-death penalty SMU.  Pre-Patterson TCU.  LA Clippers.  Just several that spring to mind.  

That central Texas school that has gone the last eight decades without any of its three major men's sports finishing in the top four at season's end.  Someone help me with the name

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

you think Aikman, Marino, Kelly, Brady, Brees, Manning(s)....you know, real, true leader, John Rambo type QB's ever had their WR's ask other teams to pick them up? 

DigitalFrankBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Yeah me either.

In your head bro.  Guess you can’t read. The posts are there.  I said he talks too much shit and karma can be a bitch.  

And I’ve got the Ravens D vs Baker for $12000 next week in my fantasy final so I hope he plays like a Nebbish QB.  That should guarantee a W. 

13 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Prairie View A&M has to make some sort of honorable mention for losing 80 straight games right?

I should have specified pro sports. Which is designed to have some level of parity and to minimize this level of sucking for that long. Although some mentioned the Cardinals and Clippers. So maybe the Browns don't have the worst 3 decade stretch.

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread