Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Wtf is that?

“Maybe if I’m quirky and offbeat folks won’t notice that I’m not very good.” I feel sorry for his wife. Spending any time at all with him has got to be an absolute beating.

She looks over the top of the book she’s trying to read to see that jackhole practicing his dance moves, rolls her eyes and raises her book again.

24 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Watching an organization produce terrible results on the field year after year with completely different front offices, coaching staffs, and players is amazing. They’re like the bizarro Patriots.

Sure, pretty much any QB would be doomed to fail in Cleveland, but it still boggles the mind that they picked Baker #1 fresh off the Johnny Manziel experience.  What was their scouting like? "Short, questionable arm strength, reliant on ad-libbing with only decent athleticism that won't translate, iffy decision making, a bit of an attention whore...but Baker's not as self-destructive!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, wood said:

Baker threw two picks today. His first was his 36th since coming into the league, ranking him second over that span. I dunno if the 2nd one moved him up on the list. Anyone know who's #1?

8 hours ago, pacman said:

Famous Jameis should be #1

Winston had 44 in 2018 and 2019 to Mayfield's 35

Season openers the last 15 years:
2019: Tennessee 43, Cleveland 13
2018: Pittsburgh 21, Cleveland 21
2017: Pittsburgh 21, Cleveland 18
2016: Philadelphia 29, Cleveland 10
2015: New York Jets 31, Cleveland 10
2014: Pittsburgh 30, Cleveland 27
2013: Miami 23, Cleveland 10
2012: Philadelphia 17, Cleveland 16
2011: Cincinnati 27, Cleveland 17
2010: Tampa Bay 17, Cleveland 14
2009: Minnesota 34, Cleveland 20
2008: Dallas 28, Cleveland 10
2007: Pittsburgh 34, Cleveland 7
2006: New Orleans 19, Cleveland 14
2005: Cincinnati 27, Cleveland 13

• Like 1

Who are Cleveland fans going to blame for Baker's ineptitude this season? Last season they placed all the blame on Kitchens/the OL and completely absolved Baker of any blame. They signed Jack Conklin to play RT and drafted Jedrick Wills to play LT, added a decent TE.....so where will they place the blame after Baker looked like a colossal heap of shit from the get go this season?

18 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Wtf is that?

“Maybe if I’m quirky and offbeat folks won’t notice that I’m not very good.” I feel sorry for his wife. Spending any time at all with him has got to be an absolute beating.

She looks over the top of the book she’s trying to read to see that jackhole practicing his dance moves, rolls her eyes and raises her book again.

Thats what you feel bad for his wife for? Not the he likes to get neck from random fat chicks on IG.

Not to derail the dancing/advertising QB thread, but It would be an interesting study of long term franchise success versus average duration of consistent QB1s in that same 20yr time period. Not that causation = correlation.

You have Detroit for instance:
Just-a-guy, Harrington, Kitna, (Journeyman?), Stafford. Consistent for ~10 years and a handful of Wildcard losses to show for it versus.

NE:
Bledsoe, Brady, Newton (yesterday)

NO:
Brooks, (journeyman?), Brees

GB:
Farve, Rodgers

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-draft-makeover-could-browns-draft-qb-in-2021-perhaps-even-baker-mayfields-hated-rival-191152637.html

NFL draft makeover: Could Browns draft QB in 2021? Perhaps even Baker Mayfield's hated rival?

Early-round prospect

Sam Ehlinger, Texas

Keen observers will know what’s at play if this pick somehow happened.

Yes, in and of itself, the Browns bringing in a Texas quarterback to theoretically compete with Baker, an Oklahoma grad, would be notable. But drafting a QB whom Mayfield has ripped publicly? What a brushback pick that would be.

Hated rival Texas is the only school Mayfield lost to more than once in college (at Texas Tech and Oklahoma), and Mayfield unleashed this fiery take on Ehlinger last year:

“[Ehlinger] couldn't beat Lake Travis [Mayfield’s high school], so I don't really care [about] his opinion on winning,” Mayfield said. “Westlake is a great program, but the two best quarterbacks to come out of there are Drew Brees and Nick Foles. Sam can stay down there in Texas. ...

“That will stir the pot. He doesn't like me, and I hope he knows I don't like him either.”

Chaos? We always root for it. And Cleveland is used to it. Bring on Ehlinger in Cleveland!

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread