Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

57 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

So, the title of that segment is "All the way up: Baker Mayfield."?

All the way up what, exactly?

Don’t be dumb. Heisman and Number 1 draft pick, from a walk-on. 

Doesnt mean he’s not a douchebag. Everyone agrees on that part. 

Him and Colin Cowherd in the same room... like a black hole of cockbreath

Edited by The Earl of Texas

So the thing about sports is that everyone who talks about it used to do it, and still wants to do it. And let's be honest, there isn't really that much going on. It's all pretty trivial and seat of the pants stuff. 

So you pick some tiny point and focus on it. Now the problem with a tiny point is that you have to make it seem interesting. So you can get outraged. Like Sceamin A Smith and his douche ex-boyfriend. Or like all of the various and disreputable ESPN hangers on. 

Cowherd both focuses on the narrow and is able to make it seem somewhat interesting. Give him credit, when a dog finds a bone, he doesn't let go. But he's as good as it gets. Cowherd is real. He likes sports. Like most sports guys, he seems to know it's really boring. But he does a solid job of entertaining. Lather, rinse, repeat. No reason to hate him other than he's better looking that me, much wealthier than me, and he's famous. But besides that I think he's allright.

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

So the thing about sports is that everyone who talks about it used to do it, and still wants to do it. And let's be honest, there isn't really that much going on. It's all pretty trivial and seat of the pants stuff. 

So you pick some tiny point and focus on it. Now the problem with a tiny point is that you have to make it seem interesting. So you can get outraged. Like Sceamin A Smith and his douche ex-boyfriend. Or like all of the various and disreputable ESPN hangers on. 

Cowherd both focuses on the narrow and is able to make it seem somewhat interesting. Give him credit, when a dog finds a bone, he doesn't let go. But he's as good as it gets. Cowherd is real. He likes sports. Like most sports guys, he seems to know it's really boring. But he does a solid job of entertaining. Lather, rinse, repeat. No reason to hate him other than he's better looking that me, much wealthier than me, and he's famous. But besides that I think he's allright.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Cowherd has interesting topics and I did find him entertaining when he was on ‘free’ radio.  The turnoff with hm for me is how he acts like he sees everything coming ahead of time, but fails to mention that foresight until after the event occurs.  He likes him some ‘me.’  A lot.

I've always thought Cowherd was a clown, but once Dabo Swinney went on his show to call him out on saying Clemson wouldn't ever win the national championship because they were too soft or didn't have the Manalytics or whatever bullshit Colin came up with, and his response was "we don't have to be correct with our takes, we just have to be entertaining", then it confirmed to me how much of a clown he is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

I've always thought Cowherd was a clown, but once Dabo Swinney went on his show to call him out on saying Clemson wouldn't ever win the national championship because they were too soft or didn't have the Manalytics or whatever bullshit Colin came up with, and his response was "we don't have to be correct with our takes, we just have to be entertaining", then it confirmed to me how much of a clown he is. 

But Cowherd is exactly right. Who cares if a host is correct 100%, debates with stats, if he is boring he will not be listened to or watched. They are Entertainers 1st.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:48 AM, Tex Pete said:

“Munsoned” is going to be replaced by “Bakered.”

Fuck that worthless piece of shit. I hope he’s paralyzed falling in the shower after his first practice. 

I always know football season is getting closer when the posts start to become more.....intense.

15 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

was in mentioned anywhere on here that Baker got engaged on June 30 to that Instagram model?   they started dating earlier this year.

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/07/baker-mayfield-fiance-emily-wilkinson/

That was her "job"? Because hes got 4X as many followers as she does

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

What goes on inside:

- naked acroyoga.

- trimming each other's facial hair.

- increasing their ratings on Madden.

- intense debate on the most electrifying way to take a sack.

- delusions of grandeur.

- house-hunting in Canada, just in case.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

You're joking, right?

No, not joking. In a sport where an undrafted rookie can win the rushing title, its not outside the realm of possibility that the #1 overall pick could turn out to be not complete dog shit.   In the NFL all kinds of weird shit happens.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, Shmitty said:

Manziel 2.0, except this train wreck is going to be WAY more entertaining to watch.  

Meh.  manziel  by comparison to Mayfield is really lazy. Mayfield will work hard and put out 100% effort every day and his teammates love him.  Manziel was known to show up to practice late and hung over, didn't study film, acted very entitled and wasn't all in. Completely different guys in that respect.  Sucks for manziel cause he has more natural talent than Mayfield does, but Mayfield's effort and drive definitely separates him from the pretenders.

Edited by Greg Focker
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

On 7/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, Greg Focker said:

No, not joking. In a sport where an undrafted rookie can win the rushing title, its not outside the realm of possibility that the #1 overall pick could turn out to be not complete dog shit.   In the NFL all kinds of weird shit happens.

Meh.  manziel  by comparison to Mayfield is really lazy. Mayfield will work hard and put out 100% effort every day and his teammates love him.  Manziel was known to show up to practice late and hung over, didn't study film, acted very entitled and wasn't all in. Completely different guys in that respect.  Sucks for manziel cause he has more natural talent than Mayfield does, but Mayfield's effort and drive definitely separates him from the pretenders.

Manziel was more entitled?  What planet are you living on?  I've never seen a player with more entitlement, who acted like a whiny bitch then Mayfield.  I see no difference between the two except Mayfield is just outspoken about his douchiness and Manziel was more of a team player than Mayfield was.  

Edited by Shmitty

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread