Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

He's trying WAYYYYY to hard to appear quirky.  Very contrived and phony if you ask me.  If I gotta be a fan of one, I'd take Johnny.  Maybe it's the fact that his time in the limelight is largely in the past and maybe it's because he probably hates aggy too.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, Greg Focker said:

Meh.  manziel  by comparison to Mayfield is really lazy. Mayfield will work hard and put out 100% effort every day and his teammates love him.  Manziel was known to show up to practice late and hung over, didn't study film, acted very entitled and wasn't all in. Completely different guys in that respect.  Sucks for manziel cause he has more natural talent than Mayfield does, but Mayfield's effort and drive definitely separates him from the pretenders.

Are you a pothead, Focker?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shmitty said:

Manziel was more entitled?  What planet are you living on?  I've never seen a player with more entitlement, who acted like a whiny bitch then Mayfield.  I see no difference between the two except Mayfield is just outspoken about his douchiness and Manziel was more of a team player than Mayfield was.  

Oh he was absolutely more entitled.  Mayfield had to earn his spot on every team, Manziel skated through a big shot recruitment, saw himself as the superstar from day 1.    Was famous for his partying antics and showing up to practice late and hung over. You cant possibly NOT know about that can you? His teammates and position coaches had to cover for him. Even coach bro talked about having to lie to cover his ass from sumlin finding out. Mayfield would NEVER do that, he was the first one in last one out type of guy. Manziel wasn't a team player and not much  of a leader, he was all about himself and Mayfield was all about his team.  For all his bad he was all about his teammates.   Remember when Manziel was caught taking money for signing autographs? And when he served his 1 half of one game suspension for it he was showing the world how he felt by flashing the money sign with his hands. Definitely not in the same universe as a team player or a leader, come on man don't let your hate blind you to that much at least.  You don't have to like Mayfield for some antics no big deal, but every teammate he's ever had has nothing but great things to say and he's a natural born leader.  If you don't see a difference, you aren't paying very much attention. 

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Are you a pothead, Focker?

yes

Edited by Greg Focker

So Mayfield would NEVER do those off the field things...according to Focker.

Guess running from the cops don't count, eh?

Yes, Mayfield has had to work at it more, but he is still one entitled motherfucker.  I do think he'll last longer than Manziel, but then again, so did New Coke.

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Whose mom would you rather take out for a nice seafood dinner and then never call her again?  Manziel's or Mayfield's?

The question is, if Stifler's mom is based off the maternal figure of either quarterback...

On 7/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, Greg Focker said:

No, not joking. In a sport where an undrafted rookie can win the rushing title, its not outside the realm of possibility that the #1 overall pick could turn out to be not complete dog shit.   In the NFL all kinds of weird shit happens.

Yeah 'cause RBs with great OLs winning rushing titles is, like, totally the same thing as massively overrated rookie QBs coming into shitty teams with awful OLs and setting the league on fire.

17 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah 'cause RBs with great OLs winning rushing titles is, like, totally the same thing as massively overrated rookie QBs coming into shitty teams with awful OLs and setting the league on fire.

Cleveland's OL isn't awful, though the idea that Baker is going to come in and light the league on fire is... bold.

Yes, Mayfield has had to work at it more, but he is still one entitled motherfucker.  I do think he'll last longer than Manziel, but then again, so did New Coke.
Running from the cops makes you entitled?

As douchy as baker is, johnny 8 ball is far worse and way more entitled.

I'm not sure how everybody on here thinks otherwise.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Running from the cops makes you entitled?

As douchy as baker is, johnny 8 ball is far worse and way more entitled.

I'm not sure how everybody on here thinks otherwise.

No, Focker's point a few posts above mine was that Mayfield didn't have the off-field issues that Johnny Hatecrime did.

Otherwise, yeah, my English sucked there...

Mayfield's exit from Tech and the reasons why are an absolute driver of my opinion.  past performance is absolutely an indicator of future results when it comes to character.  He quit on his team during the season, and felt entitled to be the starter... over another guy who is in the NFL today.

Baker just deserved it, right?

To his credit, he went to OU and made his way.  I just don't care for how he whined about Tech and misrepresented what happened with Kliff any chance he had.  Fuck his daddy too.  

Edited by slorch

5 hours ago, kopp0e said:

It's funny, I never knew what the song was about or could be about.  I was in this choir in 6th grade and we sung it to the whole school.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

I'm just saying he's a locker room guy, a guy who shows up and leads the team.  He is about the team, that's the reputation he has on the field as a player. It doesn't mean that one time he wasn't a complete drunk idiot and tried to run from the cops.  Both of those things can exist and I think he can show that he is better than that.  It certainly counts.  Doesn't take away from how much different he is than Manziel as a player and a leader.  I think he has more intangibles than Manziel lacked and those mean staying power. We shall see but I think his sometimes too fiery chip on his shoulder attitude can be seen negatively like he's entitled or something.   More or less don't entitled people feel like they don't have to work like a dog to get it though?  He's a pretty hard worker and we know Manziel really lacked in that dept.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

It's funny, I never knew what the song was about or could be about.  I was in this choir in 6th grade and we sung it to the whole school.

I just assumed hearing the song occasionally as a kid that it was about a fictional dragon similar to the one on Neverending Story:

I'm just saying he's a locker room guy, a guy who shows up and leads the team.  He is about the team, that's the reputation he has on the field as a player. It doesn't mean that one time he wasn't a complete drunk idiot and tried to run from the cops.  Both of those things can exist and I think he can show that he is better than that.  It certainly counts.  Doesn't take away from how much different he is than Manziel as a player and a leader.  I think he has more intangibles than Manziel lacked and those mean staying power. We shall see but I think his sometimes too fiery chip on his shoulder attitude can be seen negatively like he's entitled or something.   More or less don't entitled people feel like they don't have to work like a dog to get it though?  He's a pretty hard worker and we know Manziel really lacked in that dept.

No, what you’re saying is that you would like to treat mayfield’s penis like a lollipop...
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Greg Focker said:

He’s about himself. Fuck that sawed off bitch made asshole. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

He’s about himself. Fuck that sawed off bitch made asshole. 

Nobody ever said you had to like him, I can appreciate if you don't. But that really isn't the truth to say he's just all about himself.   He's made a reputation as a hard worker and a leader in the locker room and on the field.   Doesn't mean he cant still be any of the other names you want to call him though. But I'm just saying you'll probably never find a teammate of his with anything bad to say about him, they love him everywhere he's been.  It's okay to acknowledge his leadership and effort  and still hate him for his other qualities though.

Edited by Greg Focker

7 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

Nobody ever said you had to like him, I can appreciate if you don't. But that really isn't the truth to say he's just all about himself.   He's made a reputation as a hard worker and a leader in the locker room and on the field.   Doesn't mean he cant still be any of the other names you want to call him though. But I'm just saying you'll probably never find a teammate of his with anything bad to say about him, they love him everywhere he's been.  It's okay to acknowledge his leadership and effort  and still hate him for his other qualities though.

Hey Slorch, y'all still love him out in Lubbock?

• Haha 1

No, Mayfield is not quite the most popular opposing player in Lubbock, even while playing for a beloved kid from Donkey Slipper, in Lincoln Riley.

And before Focker says it's just because BM left the team, keep in mind that QBs who have done well for other programs ranging from Chris Todd at Auburn to Davis Webb at Cal are still to this day spoken about with good terms.

Edited by slorch

On 7/27/2018 at 4:57 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Dude, just stop. Cleveland has killed the careers of far better quarterbacks than Mayfield.

Cleveland, where fans go to do what..? Look at the mural of LeBron & bark in the dawgpound... I like the dawgpound, but there's been no reason to bark since Art Model moved the original team to Baltimore back in the 1990's...

10 hours ago, wood said:

Hey Slorch, y'all still love him out in Lubbock?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you asking if people in Lubbock like Mayfield? Probably not, with the way he left and how he turned into a legend of CFB at another school that they cant beat.   But it's tech, does anyone really care what they think about anything?

7 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Cleveland, where fans go to do what..? Look at the mural of LeBron & bark in the dawgpound... I like the dawgpound, but there's been no reason to bark since Art Model moved the original team to Baltimore back in the 1990's...

True, so it would be pretty impressive if they do win some games this year. I thought they were much improved before the draft, and now after picking up some good talent at qb and rb in the draft, I think they might not be terrible are actually developing depth.  I think they had a good offseason with the additions of Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde, and Jarvis Landry.   Josh Gordon is finally back and he's always been good.   Myles garrett had a good rookie season and he could take a step forward.  So things are aligning so that the browns wont be the shittiest of shit teams in the nfl this year.     As a life long 49er fan I know mediocrity when I see it and they'll definitely be better than they were last year. 

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Yes but the difference is that your description would have been true about VY or Colt and the fact I don’t like penises completes the differentiation...

It would apply to a lot of the good qbs.  I haven't  heard of a single teammates of his former or current that didn't say he wasn't a great teammate.  You can hate everything about him, its all good, but cant deny he's a good teammate.

6 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

It would apply to a lot of the good qbs.  I haven't  heard of a single teammates of his former or current that didn't say he wasn't a great teammate.  You can hate everything about him, its all good, but cant deny he's a good teammate.

Read this very slowly. Then read the second sentence again even more slowly. Repeat as many times as necessary to realize that you just denied he's a good teammate and then proceeded to claim that it can't be denied.

1 hour ago, Greg Focker said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you asking if people in Lubbock like Mayfield? Probably not, with the way he left and how he turned into a legend of CFB at another school that they cant beat.   But it's tech, does anyone really care what they think about anything?

Tech has beaten OU about as often as anyone else has in the past 20 years.  Hell, even shithead Tuberville had a big win in Norman.  Plus you must have missed the fact that OU's coach is a Techsan from Muleshoe who has always done right by Tech.

Yeah... much hate for OU.

Nope, not really.  For Mayfield?  Absolutely.

Edited by slorch

59 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tech has beaten OU about as often as anyone else has in the past 20 years.  Hell, even shithead Tuberville had a big win in Norman.  Plus you must have missed the fact that OU's coach is a Techsan from Muleshoe who has always done right by Tech.

The dumb Focker's an idiot.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, Greg Focker said:

I bet you cried in your sooners jersey are you typed that out. JFC.

8 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you asking if people in Lubbock like Mayfield? Probably not, with the way he left and how he turned into a legend of CFB at another school that they cant beat.   But it's tech, does anyone really care what they think about anything

I was just wondering, because you were saying this...

But I'm just saying you'll probably never find a teammate of his with anything bad to say about him, they love him everywhere he's been.

11 hours ago, slorch said:

No, Mayfield is not quite the most popular opposing player in Lubbock, even while playing for a beloved kid from Donkey Slipper, in Lincoln Riley.

And before Focker says it's just because BM left the team, keep in mind that QBs who have done well for other programs ranging from Chris Todd at Auburn to Davis Webb at Cal are still to this day spoken about with good terms.

Thanks. Pretty much what I was thinking...

Yeah... much hate for OU.

Nope, not really.  For Mayfield?  Absolutely.

Their successes over OU are very few and far between. Plus OU took a big shit on the best team they had and their best chance at national title a decade ago. Enough of a reason to harbor some feelings in addition to them taking Mayfield. But either way I just meant they were irrelevant in the grand scheme. People usually do big things after they leave tech in the rear view because it doesn’t happen in Lubbock

I don’t know what kind of NFL player the great BM will become.
It does seem like many  the very good QBs in the league seem to have a higher amount of humility and non-douchiness than this Horns down, crotch grabbing “great teammate”.

Fair enough but he’s been pretty humble and not going off kilter in his time in the nfl. He’s no Jim McMahon
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i think the browns are going to be alright, and if they can get a living, breathing o line at any point in the coming years they could definitely turn things around. and i think mayfield will be the best browns qb in a very long time. 

Damning with faint praise.

1 hour ago, Greg Focker said:

Their successes over OU are very few and far between. Plus OU took a big shit on the best team they had and their best chance at national title a decade ago. Enough of a reason to harbor some feelings in addition to them taking Mayfield. But either way I just meant they were irrelevant in the grand scheme. People usually do big things after they leave tech in the rear view because it doesn’t happen in Lubbock

Can't disagree there...  had lots of sex though...

I hate Lubbock, but I didn't while I was going to school.

Your lame ass attempt at shit-talk is weak though.   Gonna have to bring it stronger that that bro...

Your lame ass attempt at shit-talk is weak though.   Gonna have to bring it stronger that that bro...

How can you hate Lubbock? Its not Ada, OK bad.

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

I prefer to just layer the honesty instead of exaggeration and ape like chest beating like others.   T

2 hours ago, Greg Focker said:

Fair enough but he’s been pretty humble and not going off kilter in his time in the nfl. He’s no Jim McMahon

I’m willing to let you continue to slobber all over Mayfield balls but you are going to have to stop calling him humble. There isn’t one humble bone in his body. He is the antithesis of humble.

Texting media members bragging about being drafted high, planting the OU flag in opposing teams fields, grabbing his crotch looking at other teams sidelines,

Talks so much shit that during their defeat to Georgia you had their players telling him he needed to humble himself.

The same game where he didn’t bother flying back home with his teammates. Instead he decided to hire a camera crew and make a bio doc about himself.

Bragging about his combine numbers on NFL live so much that analysts were questioning whether the risk-reward was worth drafting him.

Coming out with his own absurd clothing line and laughable logo.

We can argue about whether he will last in the NFL but there is no argument regarding if he is humble or not. Jim McMahon is the perfect comparison for Mayfield, two of the biggest douchebags of all time

Edited by Mileslong
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Nivek said:

How can you hate Lubbock? Its not Ada, OK bad.

The Leach debacle didn't happen in a laboratory.  The mindset permeates a shit-ton of how that community thinks.

Fuck that.

I’m willing to let you continue to slobber all over Mayfield balls but you are going to have to stop calling him humble. There isn’t one humble bone in his body. He is the antithesis of humble.
Texting media members bragging about being drafted high, planting the OU flag in opposing teams fields, grabbing his crotch looking at other teams sidelines,
Talks so much shit that during their defeat to Georgia you had their players telling him he needed to humble himself.
The same game where he didn’t bother flying back home with his teammates. Instead he decided to hire a camera crew and make a bio doc about himself.
Bragging about his combine numbers on NFL live so much that analysts were questioning whether the risk-reward was worth drafting him.
Coming out with his own absurd clothing line and laughable logo.
We can argue about whether he will last in the NFL but there is no argument regarding if he is humble or not. Jim McMahon is the perfect comparison for Mayfield, two of the biggest douchebags of all time

Sure. He definitely did those things. But he also did a lot of stuff behind closed doors you may never find out about. About how he is the guy who is always picking people up when they have a bad day. Gets less sociable people involved. Is the head cheerleader and pumps up the whole team giving them confidence. He’s said a lot of the right things In interviews and seems to have an appropriate mindset to succeed in the league. But sure he can work on some maturity issues he’s had before. He’s definitely got a cocky personality but he’s not a Party animal, ha a jock. Probably is annoying sometimes but he’s a fine teammate to have

16 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

Sure. He definitely did those things. But he also did a lot of stuff behind closed doors you may never find out about. About how he is the guy who is always picking people up when they have a bad day. Gets less sociable people involved. Is the head cheerleader and pumps up the whole team giving them confidence. He’s said a lot of the right things In interviews and seems to have an appropriate mindset to succeed in the league. But sure he can work on some maturity issues he’s had before. He’s definitely got a cocky personality but he’s not a Party animal, ha a jock. Probably is annoying sometimes but he’s a fine teammate to have

That's nice and all, but that has nothing to do with his humility.

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread