Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Boulware didn’t treat Sermon like shit or that he is not the problem. Its clear he did and is. I’m simply pointing out that Murray had plenty of time and the best ammo available “we fired that fuckhead, under me you will blah blah blah NFL, Riley offense ...” 

the narrative that it was all Boulware is totally cool and seems legit. It just seems like OU folks don’t want to ask the hard questions about why Murray didn’t work to keep him, imho. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Boulware didn’t treat Sermon like shit or that he is not the problem. Its clear he did and is. I’m simply pointing out that Murray had plenty of time and the best ammo available “we fired that fuckhead, under me you will blah blah blah NFL, Riley offense ...” 

the narrative that it was all Boulware is totally cool and seems legit. It just seems like OU folks don’t want to ask the hard questions about why Murray didn’t work to keep him, imho. 🤷‍♂️

Fair point for sure, wish I had further knowledge regarding what steps were taken to resolve any lasting bad taste. I’m sure our starting back (Kennedy Brooks- ended up opting out of the season due to Covid) returning from injury this year layered on top of that wasn’t helpful in retaining him either. 

6 hours ago, golfclap said:

It just seems like OU folks don’t want to ask the hard questions about why Murray didn’t work to keep him, imho. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, golfclap said:

but Demarco Murray was a terrible hire and is the worst coach on their staff (outside of Wiley). He’s made several terrible choices in offer/non-offer/pursuit and had some disastrously bad gaffes that cost OU with secondary and tertiary guys. 

quigley is a Sooner fan, btw 

GC: Please exempt me from the Sooner fans who were excited about the Murray hire and who have continued unquestioned support. Prior to the Murray hire, I suggested Sherron Moore (Michigan) as a better alumni candidate, and there were several others who didn't have prior ties to OU. I was hopeful for Murray, but very concerned after the puzzling 2020 RB recruiting. I was more concerned after the lack of development of the other RB early this year.

I view the failure of 2021 RB recruiting as the last straw. Murray needs to go, and I've said as much here. There are too many people who're better fits at this point.

I was wary of Wiley based on UT fans' opinions, but it's hard to find fault in the product this year outside of the OL being too fat. And it's hard to fault Wiley for the OL being out of shape as he didn't have access to them for like 8 months and then the season started. The defense stayed health and looked stronger, faster, and quicker (a lot of this is Grinch's rotations).

I don't get the hate for Wiley at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, boilerhorn said:

They've only beaten 1 team with a winning record: the Colts.

The 8 wins have come against teams with a combined record of 26-53-3 (30.5%).
The 3 losses have come against teams with combined record of 23-10 (70%). 

• 11-0 Pittsburgh beat them 38-7.
  • 6-5 Baltimore beat them 38-6
  • 6-5 Raiders beat them 16-6

They suck.

My strident post from ~ 1 month ago did not age well.  Steelers finished out 1-5, including the playoffs.  Cleveland finished out 4-2, including 2-0 against the Steelers.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:42 PM, TexasMan said:

Bitch boy Baker talking shit again 

I don't like Jay Boulware at all, and I think that is totally shitty of Baker. It's also exactly what I expect from a piece of shit like him.

I hope he blows out both knees in practice today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/11/2021 at 1:53 PM, Tex Pete said:

I don't like Jay Boulware at all, and I think that is totally shitty of Baker. It's also exactly what I expect from a piece of shit like him.

I hope he blows out both knees in practice today. 

Weird. I was speaking to an asshole ou fan on our side Texas ou 2019. He asked why I hated Baker so much, I listed the numerous reasons then ended it with wishing a similar injury you just wished  on Baker. But in my version both his legs get infected so they gotta chop em off and after years of finally coming to grips with his new reality, he gets an inoperable tumor at the base of his spine. Everyone laughed but me. I wasn’t kidding. 

Edited by Fletch
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, HenryJames said:

He beat the Steelers who lost five of their last six games to end the year including losses to Washington and Cincinnati.

Yeah it's hard to clown him when since he has became the starter, they have got better each year. Didn't he win their first game in forever when he started a thursday game in 2018? Cleveland won a playoff game for the first time since 1994. They weren't going to go into Arrowhead and beat KC.

The only criticism I have is Baker had everything on the table. 8 minutes left. Defense just got a huge turnover. Down 5. And he crapped his pants. In 4 minutes, he moved the ball 12 yards and burned a timeout and threw a sideways pass on 3rd and long for no gain. They punted and never saw the ball back.

He did throw some nice passes that game and even after that pick he threw, he brought his team back. Even though yes, Mahomes was out and had he stayed in, Browns would have got ran off the field by the end.

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah it's hard to clown him when since he has became the starter, they have got better each year. Didn't he win their first game in forever when he started a thursday game in 2018? Cleveland won a playoff game for the first time since 1994. They weren't going to go into Arrowhead and beat KC.

The only criticism I have is Baker had everything on the table. 8 minutes left. Defense just got a huge turnover. Down 5. And he crapped his pants. In 4 minutes, he moved the ball 12 yards and burned a timeout and threw a sideways pass on 3rd and long for no gain. They punted and never saw the ball back.

He did throw some nice passes that game and even after that pick he threw, he brought his team back. Even though yes, Mahomes was out and had he stayed in, Browns would have got ran off the field by the end.

That's because in situations where the Browns can't just rely on the run & where everyone knows they need to throw the ball, he's not the guy who can go win the big game against a good defense.

I remember when the Chiefs got the ball back, up 5, my buddy was going nuts, saying they had to have a TD, because if they only got a FG, the Browns were gonna tie the game and win it in OT. He was guaranteeing the Browns would put up 8 to tie and win in OT, based on their OL strength. LMAO. Seems he forgot one little detail...

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, wood said:

That's because in situations where the Browns can't just rely on the run & where everyone knows they need to throw the ball, he's not the guy who can go win the big game against a good defense.

I remember when the Chiefs got the ball back, up 5, my buddy was going nuts, saying they had to have a TD, because if they only got a FG, the Browns were gonna tie the game and win it in OT. He was guaranteeing the Browns would put up 8 and win in OT, based on their OL strength. LMAO. Seems he forgot one little detail...

I agree. Baker is not good enough to win games on his own at all. He has to become way more consistent. Too often he gets careless and makes stupid mistakes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I wish VY would get on social media and respond with a pic of him holding the trophy and saying "we good here in Austin, yall let me know the next time you get one of these"

So someone current can roll out their 11 conference championships since VY was here? 

Pass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Everything is spinned into a headline that paints Texas into an antagonist box. Any Texas related post on social media is often overwhelmed with negative feedback. You got ESPN pundits airing whole segments about how average we have been the last decade. We’ve done our part to contribute to our current perception, but it feels like Texas catches the most flack of any underperforming blueblood/elite program. 

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

VY has no control of that, he has a national championship and Baker doesn't. Rangz, erneh

Yeah VY doesn’t do that because he realizes this is between fans and Baker.  It’s all in fun.  Not sure how/why this warrants a thread but here we are…

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread