Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Baker brought Mobilehoma to training camp:

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/baker-mayfield-and-browns-qbs-wont-let-hard-knocks-cameras-into-their-private-rv.html

...Of course, HBO’s cameras will be chronicling Browns camp throughout the summer with this year’s edition of Hard Knocks. And already, Mayfield and his fellow quarterbacks are creating headlines because of their private RV, where they won’t let anyone else in....

Well if you know about whatever you are talking about, it's not kept behind closed doors and bakers ego wanted it out.

Naw it’s mostly acecdotal. Stuff other people say from being around him. Comments by teammates or people who have met him when there were no cameras. Not a big deal really. We all see what we want to see

The anti-Baker saga

"He'll never take a meaningful snap at OU."

Starts from day one for 3 consecutive years.

"Good lord, the other QB's on campus must really suck...Baker will never win anything."

Wins the Big XII in his first year.  His second year.  And his third year.

"HaHa...Baker lost to Iowa St, lol...bye Heisman, bye playoff

Yes Heisman.  Yes playoff.

"He's 5'6"...my cousin stood right next to him!  He may be drafted...but 3rd round at very best"

#1 overall 

As Dewey Cox would say, "it's been a beautiful ride."  Thanks guys, for each and every step of the way. 

Sincerely, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

6 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

you wanna milk Baker, Focker?

I already did.  I like milking qbs.  I think a lot of qbs are gonna be good this year, and yes I  want to milk them all.

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck you and fuck Baker Mayfield. 

When? Or are you just being a tease?

• Fuck You 4

On 7/30/2018 at 5:08 PM, Mileslong said:

I’m willing to let you continue to slobber all over Mayfield balls but you are going to have to stop calling him humble. There isn’t one humble bone in his body. He is the antithesis of humble.

Texting media members bragging about being drafted high, planting the OU flag in opposing teams fields, grabbing his crotch looking at other teams sidelines,

Talks so much shit that during their defeat to Georgia you had their players telling him he needed to humble himself.

The same game where he didn’t bother flying back home with his teammates. Instead he decided to hire a camera crew and make a bio doc about himself.

Bragging about his combine numbers on NFL live so much that analysts were questioning whether the risk-reward was worth drafting him.

Coming out with his own absurd clothing line and laughable logo.

We can argue about whether he will last in the NFL but there is no argument regarding if he is humble or not. Jim McMahon is the perfect comparison for Mayfield, two of the biggest douchebags of all time

At least McMahon proved himself in the NFL by winning a Super Bowl.  

13 hours ago, Greg Focker said:

Naw it’s mostly acecdotal. Stuff other people say from being around him. Comments by teammates or people who have met him when there were no cameras. Not a big deal really. We all see what we want to see

No cameras and closed doors. Good to hear. Because when there are cameras all of America sees a douchebag. Weird huh. 

But closed doors!!

• Like 2

The anti-Baker saga

"Good lord, the other QB's on campus must really suck...Baker will never win anything."

"He's 5'6"...my cousin stood right next to him!  He may be drafted...but 3rd round at very best"
#1 overall 

As Dewey Cox would say, "it's been a beautiful ride."  Thanks guys, for each and every step of the way. 
Sincerely, thanks.

Nobody said any of that. He’s like Tebow, making up disrespect for motivation, and it’s annoying. He was underrated out of high school and had to earn playing time at Tech. Get the fuck over it. He’s been given tons of accolades since. Criticism surrounds his shitty attitude, including his angry responses to made up haters.
  • Like 2

What the Giants did the other night wasn't even remotely close to the types of defensive schemes (and personnel) Mayfield will face in a real game.  He may become an average, good, even great NFL QB, but there's no way this past game will have any bearing on his success the next couple of years.

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

No cameras and closed doors. Good to hear. Because when there are cameras all of America sees a douchebag. Weird huh. 

But closed doors!!

Meh. Depends who you ask. Detractors will usually only remember what they don't like. The fans will usually only remember the things they did like.  Or I guess what really happens is that people always look for reasons to hate or to like someone.  Texas fans will always be on the lookout for reasons to hate him, and ignore anything good he does. Which is fair i guess, it's part of the rivalry. But on the other side you have the fans, who will see only the good and overlook the bad.  I think celebrities and sports stars usually fall into this dichotomy because as fans, we are invested.  Invested in liking or disliking a player or team.

Edited by Greg Focker
  • Fuck You 2

21 hours ago, VinceYoungsTutor said:

The anti-Baker saga

#1 overall 

Sincerely, thanks.

The pitiful Baker Mayfield story is dumb. Take your chip on your shoulder and shove it up your ass. Fuck Baker Mayfield and his piece of shit white trash fans. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

What the Giants did the other night wasn't even remotely close to the types of defensive schemes (and personnel) Mayfield will face in a real game.  He may become an average, good, even great NFL QB, but there's no way this past game will have any bearing on his success the next couple of years.

True, but like any rookie he has to get his feet wet somewhere at some point.  He'll also likely have better players surrounding him too than the 2nd and 3rd stringers who are trying to make the team. What they are looking for in a preseason game is just good decision making and making positive plays, and he did that pretty well.  That game has no bearing on anything but it did get it started, gave them some confidence to move forward.  I feel like it gave us an impression at the very least that it's not too big for him.  We shall see how it goes! Anything can happen

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Now he's advertising underwear (company owned by some NBA players).  Spoiler because it's too godawful to just sit there.

Hide contents

0821-baker-mayfield-insta-2.jpg

It's underwear szn.  Baker's giving them away.  I wonder if they fall apart when under pressure, like he does.

39745106_1694142347362031_55380124014812

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Has Baker fucked himself yet?

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

It's underwear szn.  Baker's giving them away.  I wonder if they fall apart when under pressure, like he does.

39745106_1694142347362031_55380124014812

He's going to get himself fucked dressed like that.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Yeah, I doubt they're ever under any real strain ... unless Focker's around, I guess.

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He's going to get himself fucked dressed like that.

Heh, yeah. Shit, man, you could take away all the eleventy bazillion and six other perfectly valid reasons not to like this doosh, and that pic would do the job all by itself. Lulz. ZERO self-awareness.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

PSD
Post Show Disorder: A terrible ailment that affects every thespian, techie, and theatre member the weeks (and months) following closing night of the show. Symptoms include: 
-incessant sobbing 
-showing up for non-existant rehearsal 
-using quotes from the show in conversation and crying 
-eating and bawling in the fetal position 
-and so on
We had such a great cast and crew, and I CRY EVERYDAY because I know the show'sover. PSD has really hit me hard. SOBSOBSOB

On 7/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, Zavala said:

I bet he gets humbled by a big, fast DE and then the manzel money sign dance gets thrown at him. He's a carbon copy of Jonnie foosball.

That's what I am wondering to tell the honest truth... Time will tell...

I think Baker is a legit qb mind, he has been coached by some great offensive coaches and it showed last year. He is an example of being around 4-5 years at a program. I think he is downfall will be the week to week beatings. ou could protect him with their scheme and play calling, not happening moving forward. Has to be a lot of guys in the league that would love to break his face.

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread