Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Just now, this said:

He did go 3-0 against the fighting Mahomes/Webb or whoever Kliff trotted out though and won a heisman(which Mahomes didn't) and went as a first pick(which Mahomes didn't) 

At Tceh? No. You seem to have misunderstood the question.

Just now, wood said:

At Tceh? No. You seem to have misunderstood the question.

No, you seem to not understand that everyone else including the NFL do not give a fuck about Tceh. And what happened at Tceh. Tom Brady also did nothing at Tceh but here he is arguably the greatest QB of all time. Baker clearly is a better QB than Mahomes(at least in college), again the Ws against Mahomes, total TDs, completion percentage and hardware proves it. 

Just now, 'stache said:

So between KC and CLE whoever has the most wins by seasons end has the better QB. I guess that’s how it works, lol.

I guess, we can wait a while to anoint who is the better NFL QB over the next few years(if they last) but there is absolutely no question about college. 

Mahomes can only get some play on OU rival boards or with red raiders. Anywhere else and you'd get laughed out of the room. 

I am sure that I am not alone on this when I say I am not a Baker Mayfield fan. I am, however a fan of his play. The dude to this point, anyway, is an absolute baller. The evidence is hard to ignore. He’s ice under pressure and all he does is win. I am jealous, it’s been so long since we had that. Ideally, you want the same package sans the dbaggery, but I’m at the point where I can see myself overlooking some of that within reason. Anytime VY or Colt took the field there was a confidence that I haven’t felt since. That is a feeling I’d like to get back to.

3 minutes ago, this said:

No, you seem to not understand that everyone else including the NFL do not give a fuck about Tceh. And what happened at Tceh. Tom Brady also did nothing at Tceh but here he is arguably the greatest QB of all time. Baker clearly is a better QB than Mahomes(at least in college), again the Ws against Mahomes, total TDs, completion percentage and hardware proves it. 

They don't care what happens at Tceh, and Mahomes still got drafted 10th overall. But you sure seem to care what happened, with all the talk about BM being the better college qb and all ... crowing about going 3-0 against a school OU has a 29-6 record against & whose longest winning streak against OU is 1. Yeah, 1. 

It was a simple question. Didn't think you'd get so sandy. Weird.

Just now, wood said:

They don't care what happens at Tceh, and Mahomes still got drafted 10th overall. But you sure seem to care what happened, with all the talk about BM being the better college qb and all ... crowing about going 3-0 against a school OU has a 29-6 record against & whose longest winning streak against OU is 1. Yeah, 1. 

Your question makes no sense, though. 

Did Mahomes or Baker have the better college career? Who was drafted higher? All pretty easy questions to answer.

1 minute ago, wood said:

LOL, message boards. How do they work?

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So because he did nothing at Tech means what exactly? He had a worse college career than Mahomes?

No, it means the same nothing as the nothing Mahomes did at Tceh. That's the point. It's Tceh. You don't think Mahomes could roll at OU? Really? If someone's thinking OU won because of BM, they've got it backwards.

Edited by wood

12 minutes ago, this said:

You didn't answer Vic's post. Who had a better college career? BM or Mahomes? Who was drafted higher?

We all know those answers. Who fucking cares? It's not like they did what they did in a vacuum. QB success at OU =/= QB success at Tech. When you put it into the context of where they were & who they were surrounded by, what Mahomes did at Tech is as impressive as what BM did at OU, imho, and more impressive than what BM did at Tech..

Edited by wood

50 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So because he did nothing at Tech means what exactly? He had a worse college career than Mahomes?

He had a shit ton of a better team around him at OU.

He also didn't quit on them.

Neither of those things makes him remotely as talented or better at the QB position than Patrick Mahomes.

37 minutes ago, this said:

You didn't answer Vic's post. Who had a better college career? BM or Mahomes? Who was drafted higher?

Mahomes never quit on his team.  He also never got hammered by a fat donut muncher in civies.

Hypeman doesn't mean shit.

Being drafted by Cleveland vs the Kansas City organization?   LOLz.

You trollin your ass off.  Lay down in your chuckwagon hat and sleep it off bro...

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Mahomes never quit on his team.  He also never got hammered by a fat donut muncher in civies.

Hypeman doesn't mean shit.

Being drafted by Cleveland vs the Kansas City organization?   LOLz.

You trollin your ass off.  Lay down in your chuckwagon hat and sleep it off bro...

A lot of words, and yet an empty meaningless post. Much like Mahomes' trophy case or career at Tceh. 

One day you will be relevant, one day. Ah who am I kidding. No you won't. 

54 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I am sure that I am not alone on this when I say I am not a Baker Mayfield fan. I am, however a fan of his play. The dude to this point, anyway, is an absolute baller. The evidence is hard to ignore. He’s ice under pressure and all he does is win. I am jealous, it’s been so long since we had that. Ideally, you want the same package sans the dbaggery, but I’m at the point where I can see myself overlooking some of that within reason. Anytime VY or Colt took the field there was a confidence that I haven’t felt since. That is a feeling I’d like to get back to.

Pretty much this. I hope the little cocksucker gets dick cancer, but he just underscores the fact that you can't win the B12 without a really good QB. And no, we haven't had one in quite a while.

1 hour ago, this said:

He did go 3-0 against the fighting Mahomes/Webb or whoever Kliff trotted out though and won a heisman(which Mahomes didn't) and went as a first pick(which Mahomes didn't) 

It is not a chess match. Mayfield did not play against Mahomes exclusively; it is a team effort.

For me the win/loss record of a QB or pitcher is a debatable subject.

• Like 1

Just now, mininghorn88 said:

It is not a chess match. Mayfield did not play against Mahomes exclusively; it is a team effort.

For me the win/loss record of a QB or pitcher is a debatable subject.

Fair enough. But to claim that one guy who convincingly has a better record when it comes to wins, completion percentage, championships, TDs, all delivered under more pressure than some middle of the road program like Tceh is worse than the QB at Tceh. 

In college, there is no question Baker was better than Mahomes. NFL? We don't know yet. 

6 minutes ago, this said:

Fair enough. But to claim that one guy who convincingly has a better record when it comes to wins, completion percentage, championships, TDs, all delivered under more pressure than some middle of the road program like Tceh is worse than the QB at Tceh. 

In college, there is no question Baker was better than Mahomes. NFL? We don't know yet. 

According to your very own stated criteria, we do know who's better in the NFL...

Mahomes 2-0

Mafield 1-0

and until the Browns win more games than the Chiefs, Pat will remain the better NFL QB

Edited by BluTechsan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BluTechsan said:

According to your very own stated criteria, we do know who's better in the NFL...

Mahomes 2-0

Mafiield 1-0-1

and until the Browns win more games than the Chiefs, Pat will remain the better NFL QB

Thats not my criteria, one of the key variables has to be completion of that career. College career is done, NFL is on going, just started actually.

Try again. 

Jesus, there are some dumb fucks who post on this site. Take it for what it was. Jackson shows he is an incompetent coach playing Taylor in front of Baker. The rosters of KC and Cleveland are radically different. KC if I had to guess is probably a better team position by position.

But there is no denying that Cleveland’s  entire offense picked it up a couple of steps the second Baker came in. They as a group already knew who should be starting, they just couldn’t do shit about it. 

Its the fucking NFL. Between Patrick and Baker, they have made an otherwise boring match up far more entertaining. Why are some of you arguing who is better at the position? You feel slighted in some way? You can’t fault either of them for their college years. If anything give props to Baker. It took some brass to leave Tech. And you can’t blame Patrick for taking and keeping the Tech job. He sure as fuck wasn’t going to give it to Baker. The decision to leave a program seldom works out. Yet in Bakers case it did. He’s a fucking kid who made some some fucking dumb ass choices off the field, I can understand that.

If you want to argue about something. Argue about how fucking difficult it is to win the Big12 without one of these type of guys. And those world class semipro bought and paid for defenses of the SEC look that way in part because the QB play in that league really isn’t very good.

I have no investment in either of them, but that KC Browns match up is going to have some great storylines if Jackson’s dumb ass doesn’t give the job back to Tyrod. His comment that he has to “watch the film” makes me wonder how the fuck he ever got the fucking job.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Jesus, there are some dumb fucks who post on this site. Take it for what it was. Jackson shows he is an incompetent coach playing Taylor in front of Baker. The rosters of KC and Cleveland are radically different. KC if I had to guess is probably a better team position by position.

But there is no denying that Cleveland’s  entire offense picked it up a couple of steps the second Baker came in. They as a group already knew who should be starting, they just couldn’t do shit about it. 

Its the fucking NFL. Between Patrick and Baker, they have made an otherwise boring match up far more entertaining. Why are some of you arguing who is better at the position? You feel slighted in some way? You can’t fault either of them for their college years. If anything give props to Baker. It took some brass to leave Tech. And you can’t blame Patrick for taking and keeping the Tech job. He sure as fuck wasn’t going to give it to Baker. The decision to leave a program seldom works out. Yet in Bakers case it did. He’s a fucking kid who made some some fucking dumb ass choices off the field, I can understand that.

If you want to argue about something. Argue about how fucking difficult it is to win the Big12 without one of these type of guys. And those world class semipro bought and paid for defenses of the SEC look that way in part because the QB play in that league really isn’t very good.

I have no investment in either of them, but that KC Browns match up is going to have some great storylines if Jackson’s dumb ass doesn’t give the job back to Tyrod. His comment that he has to “watch the film” makes me wonder how the fuck he ever got the fucking job.

It took no "brass" to leave Tech.  He was an absolute bitch about it, and everyone outside of Norman and Lake Travis can see it for what it was.

Funny you bring up composition of team in the NFL, which is valid; while others ignore it in the comparison of college years.

Maybe Baker has grown up.  The DUI/ cop incident doesn't magically disappear, but he has not been in off the field trouble since then.  I do think his playing style is more likely to get him hurt in the NFL.  maybe so/ maybe no...

I'm biased as hell, but I'd take Mahomes.  He's the better athlete, has the better arm, and has not fucked up off the field.  Baker is indeed making work, and what happened last night was great for the Browns and Mayfield.  There's nothing there yet that, all things being equal, would make me pick Mayfield over Mahomes in building a team.

17 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

LOL at you dorks taking definitive stances on who is the better NFL QB after a combined 3 games. Shut the fuck up, nerds.

This.

NFL Defensive coaching staffs are really good at finding weakness. Give at 8 or so games. If there is a flaw in either QBs game, it will be found and exploited.

It's tool early to tell, but Damn did the NFL need some new QB stars.

10 hours ago, Wishbone said:

I am sure that I am not alone on this when I say I am not a Baker Mayfield fan. I am, however a fan of his play. The dude to this point, anyway, is an absolute baller. 

He's a baller no doubt.  Big win last night.  Aikman was definitely sold.  He was definitely good enough to win it all in college, just glad Riley wasted his talent in the 2nd half vs Georgia last year.

That said, he's a monumental douchebag.  And he weeps like a leaky vagina when things don't go his way. 

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread