Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

The Baker Mayfield hate is pretty aggy imo.  Y’all are gonna get tired of following his career. He’s gonna be very good. Extremely accurate and smart which are probably two most important attributes for NFL QBs. 

Some crazy good ball placement on his throws last night. 

• Like 1

Baker winning last night is like getting a win as a starting pitcher on a Rangers vs. Orioles game.  
This is incredibly stupid. He came in and won a game down 14-0 for a fanbase that has hasn't won a game in almost 2 years and just one game in the last 2 seasons are and desperate for any hope.

But if this was a UT Qb would you hold that same opinion? Doubt it.
  • Like 1

Miami beat the fucking Jets.  Huge win there.  
LMAO. Another dumb take. Do y'all not understand the context of what this win meant to Cleveland? And he played really well doing it. Who gives a shit what the Dolphins did. This is the Browns. 1 single win in 2 seasons. Yeah, winning is huge for them right now.

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

So because he did nothing at Tech means what exactly? He had a worse college career than Mahomes?

What he did at Tech was walk on, win the starting job as a true Freshman, play good enough to win Big 12 offensive newcomer of the year.....He won the award even after getting hurt in the season and not playing at the end of the season.

But like Vik said, best thing he did at Tech was leave.

• Like 1

First, he looked great, just like he did in college, and may be very good as a pro.  We'll see when teams have more film on his game. 

Second, the hate here isn't the same as aggy hating colt bc the hate is not solely irrationally based on him being a former ou qb.  If I remember correctly, many here respected Bradford after ou and wanted him to do well. 

The hate for Mayfield is because he's possibly the least likeable human being to walk out of Norman since the boz.  He's kind of easy to hate, and the fact that he was an ou qb just makes that easier. 

I can hate him and want him to fail for those reasons, and also admit that he looked damn good for at least one game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

What did Aaron Rodgers do at Cal? 

Oh, my bad I thought this was the thread to ask irrelevant questions about a NFL QB's college career. Look, we get it he went to a school we fucking hate but holy hell give it a rest. 

He lost to Tech in the Holiday Bowl, so obviously Graham Harrell >>>>> Aaron Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

First, he looked great, just like he did in college, and may be very good as a pro.  We'll see when teams have more film on his game. 

Second, the hate here isn't the same as aggy hating colt bc the hate is not solely irrationally based on him being a former ou qb.  If I remember correctly, many here respected Bradford after ou and wanted him to do well. 

The hate for Mayfield is because he's possibly the least likeable human being to walk out of Norman since the boz.  He's kind of easy to hate, and the fact that he was an ou qb just makes that easier. 

I can hate him and want him to fail for those reasons, and also admit that he looked damn good for at least one game. 

Ehhh. I don't hate him. Is he reserved? Nope. But he has a fiery attitude. That flag plant at Ohio St was fucking awesome. And all the up in arms on here for him yelling in that KU game last year was funny. Maybe he can be viewed as a douche but I have a feeling its the uniform he's wearing. Our coach was mocking Mizzou's QB last year in the bowl game and most loved that. If Baker wore burnt orange, took us to the playoffs twice in 3 seasons and acted the same, people on here would absolutely love him. It's not even a question.

I mean he was arrested for PI but meh. That's child's play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ehhh. I don't hate him. Is he reserved? Nope. But he has a fiery attitude. That flag plant at Ohio St was fucking awesome. And all the up in arms on here for him yelling in that KU game last year was funny. Maybe he can be viewed as a douche but I have a feeling its the uniform he's wearing. Our coach was mocking Mizzou's QB last year in the bowl game and most loved that. If Baker wore burnt orange, took us to the playoffs twice in 3 seasons and acted the same, people on here would absolutely love him. It's not even a question.

I mean he was arrested for PI but meh. That's child's play. 

I can understand the perspective.  Fiery is the description if you like him, asshat if you don't.  If you like him, you want to see him win.  If you don't, you want to see him brought down to earth.

I liked Vince's swagger and confidence, but could never have seen him doing that flag plant bullshit.  For me there's a line between the two types of swagger and I like the vy side of that line. 

If he had been our qb, I sure as hell would have cheered for the guy and appreciated the wins, I still would have thought he's an asshat.

I can think all that and still be honest enough to admit he's been a successful qb everywhere he's been and may succeed in the pros.  Anyone who can't admit that based on what we've seen so far is being blinded by hating the guy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

Fuck you all, Baker is better by a mile I'll prove it.

1) He's a better runner.

tenor.gif?itemid=8133205

2) As Sholz mentioned, he's a big time baller

mayfieldgrab.gif

3) A consummate team player, allowing others the spotlight as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=7375887

All Mahomes ever done was this shitty gif

giphy.gif

Lol at Nebbish guy talking shit.  I ‘member when you were relevant.  

Mayfield is a huge douchenozzle. But he is a very good QB, and will likely be a good Pro QB, probably the best in this class. His abilities to keep plays alive and his eyes downfield are elite. Just like his ability to be a huge d-bag. Still, I can't help but enjoy watching him play. Goddamnit...

Edited by Sejjr

8 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

the contrast between he and the last over the moon hyped QB for Cleveland is night and day.

If you are going to act like an ass...back it up....so far, he has done just that.

Same thing for Tom Herman.

What does Herman have to do with it?

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

He lost to Tech in the Holiday Bowl, so obviously Graham Harrell >>>>> Aaron Rodgers

Sonny Cumbie says hi.

But the point is valid and is what us Tech fans have been saying ever since Baker left Tech - which I agree was a great move for him and OU.

But here's where the Baker fans miss the boat - him leaving Tech didn't derail Tech as they still had a stud QB in Mahomes.

Tech's issues (until last year) has never been QB play - it's been the ability to keep the other team from scoring 50 every week.

OU is a bonafide Blue Blood program. To claim that they are better than Tech because of Baker Mayfield is assinine.

I understand no one has actually said that but the statement that Baker is better than Pat because OU is bettet than Tech has been made repeatedly and it's equally assinine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

That was Sonny Cumbie... but carry on.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Sonny Cumbie says hi.

But the point is valid and is what us Tech fans have been saying ever since Baker left Tech - which I agree was a great move for him and OU.

But here's where the Baker fans miss the boat - him leaving Tech didn't derail Tech as they still had a stud QB in Mahomes.

Tech's issues (until last year) has never been QB play - it's been the ability to keep the other team from scoring 50 every week.

OU is a bonafide Blue Blood program. To claim that they are better than Tech because of Baker Mayfield is assinine.

I understand no one has actually said that but the statement that Baker is better than Pat because OU is bettet than Tech has been made repeatedly and it's equally assinine.

Damn, that was Sonny. Don't i look quite the ass.

6 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

What did Aaron Rodgers do at Cal? 

Oh, my bad I thought this was the thread to ask irrelevant questions about a NFL QB's college career. Look, we get it he went to a school we fucking hate but holy hell give it a rest. 

Fucking this.

dude, if he gets me Fantasy point I could give a fuck what secondary school he went to. 

Besides he will probably have debilitating CTE anyway. See, the universe always balances out.

This is incredibly stupid. He came in and won a game down 14-0 for a fanbase that has hasn't won a game in almost 2 years and just one game in the last 2 seasons are and desperate for any hope.

But if this was a UT Qb would you hold that same opinion? Doubt it.
Calm down, I dont care and didnt watch a play. Who gives a shit about those two teams who will be ultra happy to win 6 games.

My point stands. They both suck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 4:17 PM, kopp0e said:

Well, the Los Angeles Chargers looked like a ferocious defense that was aggressive and hungry, also keyed in when Baker telegraphed his passes, good win for the Bolts...

Skip Bayless said he twisted his ankle runnin out of bounds.

On 10/14/2018 at 4:17 PM, kopp0e said:

Well, the Los Angeles Chargers looked like a ferocious defense that was aggressive and hungry, also keyed in when Baker telegraphed his passes, good win for the Bolts...

Fuck Baker Mayfield. Hope he suffers a career ending injury opening the garage door. 

It is just a matter of time before NFL teams get enough game film on Baker to render him average to useless. He'll have some surprise good games this year, but between his size and playing style, I see his career trajectory being along the same lines of an RGIII or worse Injuries will start to mount, which will ultimately slow him down, get him anxious in the pocket, and limit his vision.  Then his confidence will start to go until he sees the light and realizes that he's the second coming of Chase Daniel, but in Cleveland uniform. 

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck Baker Mayfield. Hope he suffers a career ending injury opening the garage door. 

Ok, funny, (probably not), when an arch-rival of said athlete states the other dude sucks...

Edited by kopp0e

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread