Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Coaching does matter, Mahomes is still a better QB with better tools and athleticism...

Both  Mahomes and Mayfield are way to early in their careers to know which will be a better NFL QB.   NFL DCs are really good at figuring out QBs weaknesses.     Kaepernick is the poster child for a hot QB who wasn't able to adjust after NFL Defenses figured out how to stop him.    Mahomes looks headed for the Brady, Rodgers, Brees area, but 7 starts isn't quite enough...

8 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Look at  Jared Goff under Fisher?    Now under McVay.     Now back to Fisher.    Now back to McVay.

Coaching Matters.

Andy Reid (.609 career) vs Hue Jackson (.202 career)

Agreed... Sounds like a commercial sales pitch, I like it...

On 10/16/2018 at 10:30 PM, 0xdeadbeef said:

Both  Mahomes and Mayfield are way to early in their careers to know which will be a better NFL QB.   NFL DCs are really good at figuring out QBs weaknesses.     Kaepernick is the poster child for a hot QB who wasn't able to adjust after NFL Defenses figured out how to stop him.    Mahomes looks headed for the Brady, Rodgers, Brees area, but 7 starts isn't quite enough...

Mahomes has "it."

Mayfield has "bitch."

It's been known for 4 years now...

• 1 month later...

Least surprising development evar - BM being a douchebag, crying about Hue Jackson taking a job with Cincy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/baker-mayfield-not-feel-like-talking-hue-jackson-beating-bengals-222321753.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_01

Jackson struggled to get Mayfield’s attention and once he did it became clear the quarterback wanted nothing more than to get away. He confirmed as much in his postgame news conference saying that Jackson was a guy who “was in our locker room asking us to play for him and then goes to a different team we play twice a year."

Least surprising development evar - BM being a douchebag, crying about Hue Jackson taking a job with Cincy.
https://sports.yahoo.com/baker-mayfield-not-feel-like-talking-hue-jackson-beating-bengals-222321753.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_01
Jackson struggled to get Mayfield’s attention and once he did it became clear the quarterback wanted nothing more than to get away. He confirmed as much in his postgame news conference saying that Jackson was a guy who “was in our locker room asking us to play for him and then goes to a different team we play twice a year."

Dumb take by Mayfield. He was fired, he didn't just up and walk away. He supposed to just sit on the couch so as not to offend you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Dumb take by Mayfield. He was fired, he didn't just up and walk away. He supposed to just sit on the couch so as not to offend you?

Is it really that big a stretch to think that maybe Cincy hired Hue not because of his awesome corching ability, but because he had inside knowledge on a division rival?

Actually Baker was classier than I'm sure he wanted to be. 

No doubt he recognized Hue as the backstabbing, blame everyone but me for 1-31, let's trade a 2nd rounder for AJ Mcjourneyman right from the start of Training Camp.  It was obvious that Baker was the best QB on the roster to anyone with a couple brain cells but instead Hue not only goes with a JAG he also gives Baker no reps.  And Mayfield is supposed to swap jerseys and spit with a guy who is still being paid about $5 million this year and goes to a division rival for 250K so that he can hopefully backstab starvin marvin for a job?  Child please.  Typical Hue and the Browns recognized Hue's bitchmove and had their best offensive half since the hoody was mumbling his way up and down the sidelines.

He's gonna be good.  He has earned the hate with plenty of dbag behavior but the idiots saying he's a Johnny Football are clueless. 

Also, when he's your dbag, you'd support him.  I live in the middle of a fuck ton of annoying Ohio St fans...they hated his ass with the fire of a thousand suns....now they can't get enough.  Now I'll agree, Cleveland fans are more desperate than most.  

He's gonna be good.  He has earned the hate with plenty of dbag behavior but the idiots saying he's a Johnny Football are clueless. 
Also, when he's your dbag, you'd support him.  I live in the middle of a fuck ton of annoying Ohio St fans...they hated his ass with the fire of a thousand suns....now they can't get enough.  Now I'll agree, Cleveland fans are more desperate than most.  

Nah. Fuck him in his goat ass.
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Cleveland is still paying him his 4.75 million salary. He went to work in Cincy for the pro rated part of $250,000.

He went to Cincy for 1 reason. To try and beat Cleveland this year.

After he blamed the players for his record.

Yet he wants to hug it out.

12 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nope.  Didn't want him in Miami, glad he didn't.  Wouldn't have supported.  Hard enough already.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:06 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

Mayfield’s whole act and his press conference statements were so calculated.  He wants the Cleveland fans to love him, so he manufactures this whole “traitor” thing knowing those rust belt “dawg pound” blue-collar guys will eat it up.  

I think you give him too much credit for having some sort of acute psychological understanding of the blue collar midwest psyche. I think he says what he feels and blue collar midwest dudes like a shit talker. 

Baker's better than I want him to be. He's got a chip on his shoulder and rightfully so. Walk on college QB who had to transfer after winning the job at his first school goes on to win the Heisman and be the Number One overall pick in the draft. That's a compelling story, even if it comes from a dumb fuck sooner.

Also, the whole "Baker Mayfield is gay and being gay is bad" schtick on this thread is fucking tired. The "literal eater of a bag of dicks" is funny. But the whole gay joke shit is lame.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Also, the whole "Baker Mayfield is gay and being gay is bad" schtick on this thread is fucking tired. The "literal eater of a bag of dicks" is funny. But the whole gay joke shit is lame.

It's funny because he's probably not, just like when your buddies thought you weren't then found out otherwise. I helped your mom cope though, no worries.  NTTAWWT

21 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I think you give him too much credit for having some sort of acute psychological understanding of the blue collar midwest psyche. I think he says what he feels and blue collar midwest dudes like a shit talker. 

Baker majored in marketing, everything leading up to the draft, how he didn't go.. all of that behavior and his current behavior is calculated. Yes, he does have some moxy and attitude, but I also think he is very shrewd with regards to what he says and how he portrays his brand. It's all about expanding his brand, getting publicity and dollars.

I think that stuff is phony, but this generation eats it up and it's been proven over and over you can make serious bank being dramatic and in the news cycle. Just my take.

7 minutes ago, DreadHead said:

Baker majored in cocksucking, everything leading up to the draft, how he didn't go.. all of that behavior and his current behavior is based on his love for cock. Yes, he does have some moxy and attitude, but I also think he is very shrewd with regards to what he says and how he portrays his desire to service all the cocks he can find. It's all about expanding his selection of cocks, and getting more cocks then anyone else.

FIFY

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Nope.  Didn't want him in Miami, glad he didn't.  Wouldn't have supported.  Hard enough already.

That’s easy to say when you didn’t get the guy.  How many mouth breather tOSU/Browns fans do you think would sit in your spot and be like ‘yeah, I’d support that prick’.  I mean, you’re a much better person w morals and all, so I believe you but...

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

52 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Yeah if he had come to Texas and done his whole dbag act, I' have been embarrassed. Some guys are difficult to support no matter how good they are on the field. We've had a handful here & there over the last 40 years at Texas that I won't name, but none nearly as bad as this asswipe.

Just now, wood said:

Yeah if he had come to Texas and done his whole dbag act, I' have been embarrassed. Some guys are difficult to support no matter how good they are on the field. We've had a handful here & there over the last 40 years at Texas that I won't name, but none nearly as bad as this asswipe.

Again, easy to say what you would have done.  None of his teammates have ever had a bad thing to say.  To each his own. I don’t take sports too seriously.  

I refused to support the Bears due to Cutler but until that asshole is yours...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Again, easy to say what you would have done.  None of his teammates have ever had a bad thing to say.  To each his own. I don’t take sports too seriously.  

I refused to support the Bears due to Cutler but until that asshole is yours...

Also easy for you to say that from where you sit. It's not just 'easy for me to say'. I know how I'd feel about it if he were dbagging the 40 Acres up, winning or not. I've been embarrassed by some Texas players in various sports who weren't half the douchebags Baker is. As for what his teammates say about him, I don't give a fuck. Some of the biggest pieces of shit in sports are good teammates. Doesn't make them any more likable to me.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Also easy for you to say that from where you sit. It's not just 'easy for me to say'. I know how I'd feel about it if he were dbagging the 40 Acres up, winning or not. I've been embarrassed by some Texas players in various sports who weren't half the douchebags Baker is. As for what his teammates say about him, I don't give a fuck. Some of the biggest pieces of shit in sports are good teammates. Doesn't make them any more likable to me.

Lol. Ok.  I love how you know how you’d feel with some hypothetical.  

Its easier for me because he actually was on the team I cheer for.  It actually happened.  I feel like I’m rounding on the psych ward having this argument with you. 

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread