Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

I would take Mayfield over every one of them, every day.  Jimmy G is the only one who gets close, IMO.

Baker’s greatest year. Spent more time in the pocket than anyone (meaning he could). Pressure rate was amongst the 10 best at #8. The guys with lower pressure rate were Tua and the vets - Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Big Ben. Some of those spent half a second less in the pocket per play. That same year he was bottom 10 in on target and bad throw %.

All that to say he was greatly helped by his environment.

Jimmy G this past year was #2 in on target throws. Then #2 in lowest % of sucky throws. And he did that at 0.4 fewer seconds than the Baker camped out in the pocket the year prior.

Both make poor choices each game, but one is better at handling adversity than the other.

In my opinion, that’s a no brainer between those two. It’s Jimmy. Actually Mariotta could be a great option. Run game first, play action could play to his strengths.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Baker will come out of this better than the Browns will.  I know you guys can't stand him, but he's a mid pack QB in the NFL.  He'll have plenty of options while the Browns burn themselves down chasing Watson.

He’s not a mid pack QB. He’s lower tier. Not the lowest, but much closer than being mid-tier. He’s never averaged 240 ypg, even in his best season, and boasts a career rating of below 88. Those are not average stats in this era of football; they’re below average. Garoppolo, Goff and Bridgewater run circles around him. They are mid-tier. Browns didn’t fuck up here. 

Baker could use it as motivation and perform better with an all-star cast around him, making himself more valuable on the market. But he’s too much a petulant bitch. The “adult at the position” comment is 100% correct. 

56 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

You forgot the sarcasm tag. Kaepernick sucked balls his last couple seasons in SF. He’s not very bright, and is lazy as fuck. He can’t come back anyway as it would kill his “narrative”.

The rest of his team was a lot worse than he was, but that’s another topic for another thread

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

I would take Mayfield over every one of them, every day.  Jimmy G is the only one who gets close, IMO.

Oh this has already been discussed. You’re not paying attention. Stats and wins don’t lie. Jimmy is a full 10 points better on QB Rat, career wise, is the consummate professional when people dogpile him, and has loads of experience handed the fucking ball off when Baker likes to throw. 

Browns need to get rid of Baker and Stefanski. 

16 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

He’s not a mid pack QB. He’s lower tier. Not the lowest, but much closer than being mid-tier. He’s never averaged 240 ypg, even in his best season, and boasts a career rating of below 88. Those are not average stats in this era of football; they’re below average. Garoppolo, Goff and Bridgewater run circles around him. They are mid-tier. Browns didn’t fuck up here. 

Baker could use it as motivation and perform better with an all-star cast around him, making himself more valuable on the market. But he’s too much a petulant bitch. The “adult at the position” comment is 100% correct. 

I just watched Teddy play for a whole season.  You're wrong.  He's terrible.

9 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Oh this has already been discussed. You’re not paying attention. Stats and wins don’t lie. Jimmy is a full 10 points better on QB Rat, career wise, is the consummate professional when people dogpile him, and has loads of experience handed the fucking ball off when Baker likes to throw. 

Browns need to get rid of Baker and Stefanski. 

Jimmy G is so good that his team that just went to the NFC Championship game doesn't want him anymore.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I just watched Teddy play for a whole season.  You're wrong.  He's terrible.

He threw for more yards in one less/fewer game, threw for one more TD, six fewer INTs, and was 11.8 higher on QBRat. He was 7-6 with an average Broncos roster while Mayfield was 6-8 with a much more talented Browns roster.  I’m not saying Teddy is anything more than an average QB. I’m saying this is an indictment of Baker. 

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Jimmy G is so good that his team that just went to the NFC Championship game doesn't want him anymore.

What do you think the market for Baker and a starting role would be?  Jimmy will start much more quickly than Baker. Unless he stops throwing a temper tantrum, he’s going to play himself out of the league. He’s an emotional tit baby, and a new starting role will not be easy for him. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Lol, this will not age well. He is a terrible QB. Someone will give him another chance because retreads are popular in the NFL but he'll continue to suck, because he's a loser who sucks.

Retreads of hotheaded QBs that will be toxic to locker rooms aren’t popular. The league ends those players’ careers. He either will calm the fuck down and realize Cleveland is by far his best bet, or he’ll have to come to terms with not starting initially with his next team. 

If he adjusts his attitude and plays reasonably well, he can probably start for another team, a la Wentz. I see no sign that can happen; it’s who he is. He sulks and cries and transfers when things don’t go his way. Lincoln Riley and college defenses aren’t going to magically appear before him, and so he can’t just go to another team. 

I hope the Colts trade for that steaming pile of shit. Cleveland had championship level talent on offense and Baker squandered it. OBJ looked like shit because of Baker, Landry looked like shit because of Baker. Hooper and Njoku looked like shit because of Baker. Hell, they even had an elite offensive line propping him up and he still couldn't get it done.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So where is the douche getting traded to since the Browns are getting Watson?

Indy?  Looking at the cap numbers, the Browns are gonna have to trade Baker before finalizing the trade, probably today.  The can't release him because his $18 million is fully guaranteed for this season.  Trade compensation is going to be minimal. 

At first I didn’t want him (or Matt Ryan or Sam Darnold) thrown in on a trade, but after how little Houston got beyond 3 #1’s, I would have taken Baker and flipped him to Seattle, Indy, Pittsburgh, or whoever for a 3rd or something. 
With the $18.5 salary, I would think the trade compensation would be closer to the 5th the Cows got for Cooper, potentially less. But if a couple teams start bidding up the price then you never know.

Queue up daddy blaming Kliff Kingsbury again...  Your son's a bitchass motherfucker just like you.

Fucking quitting, bitchass, falling from the cops motherfucker.  

Mayfield is being replaced by a 22 time alleged sexual assault suspect because the Browns don’t like his character, among other things. How shitty of a human being would you have to be for that scenario to have come to fruition. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

At first I didn’t want him (or Matt Ryan or Sam Darnold) thrown in on a trade, but after how little Houston got beyond 3 #1’s, I would have taken Baker and flipped him to Seattle, Indy, Pittsburgh, or whoever for a 3rd or something. 

You're a got damn genius! I bet your phone is blowing up with nfl teams calling you to run the show. Did you learn that from Madden franchise mode or something?

• Haha 1