Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Browns wanna clear cap space by trading Baker...  Also restructuring Amari Cooper contract.   

Watson gamble is high stakes stuff...

Browns reportedly restructure Amari Cooper's contract

The moves just keep on coming for the Cleveland Browns. The list this offseason has a few big ones and probably has a few more coming. Baker Mayfield is still likely to be traded and there are a variety of free agents that would make sense for Andrew Berry to add as well.

The trade for Deshaun Watson has not been finalized yet despite the Houston Texans announcing it yesterday. One of the major reason is the salary cap. Cleveland must have enough space to take on Watson’s, approximately, $35 million cap hit before making the deal. Once the trade is completed, the team can finalize his new contract and drop his 2022 cap hit to around $10 million.

Trading Case Keenum to the Buffalo Bills freed up around $6 million in cap space and now the team is also restructuring newly acquired WR Amari Cooper’s contract:

While the restructured deal clears cap space for this year, it will be added to future seasons. Amari's cap hit the next two years likely jumps around $4 million with the voided years costing the team almost $8 million in 2027 whether he is on the roster or not.

Cleveland should have enough space once these moves are official to receive Watson in a trade. They will then save about $25 million in cap space when he signs his new deal and almost $19 million if/when Mayfield is traded.

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Browns wanna clear cap space by trading Baker...  Also restructuring Amari Cooper contract.   

Watson gamble is high stakes stuff...

The biggest surprise in that quoted story is that Case Keenum is still in the league. I thought his brain was scrambled eggs several years ago. 

Mind boggling how this guy is still a top 25ish QB and will likely get another 3-4 years at 15M per but that’s the most important position in sports.  As much as that blows my mind, Watson getting THAT much money guaranteed is insanity.  
Don’t get me wrong, he is that much more talented/better than Baker but that’s a lot of baggage for a fully guaranteed deal at that number.  

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, demos said:

Lol. What a jackass

I read an article about the browns leaking some “classified info” to espn about wanting an adult at the QB position. Ahhhhahahahahahahahaha. Bakers response to that was to act like a fucking childish pussy and request a trade. This is like having a second Christmas for me, I hope he never plays another snap. Laces out Dan lulz. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Browns are Browning again. 

The longer this goes on the more it looks like the Browns are going to have to eat some of Bakers $18.5 million salary (convert salary to bonus that goes on Browns 2022 cap, this would require cooperation from Baker) or have to toss in a decent pick with Baker with a 6th or 7th rounder coming back.

On 3/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, bullzak said:

I don't get why Cleveland would even think about going another year with this loser. Good defense, powerful running game, dominant OL, couple pieces at WR. Colt McCoy probably takes that team to the playoffs. 

Este. They'll probably be legit AF now with a real QB, imho. That OL, defense, running game, and WRs combined with Watson's running & passing ability looks pretty fucking good.

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The Cleveland Browns announced Sunday that they traded for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson , giving up three first-round picks, a 2023 third-round pick and a 2024 fourth-round pick for the QB and a 2024 fifth-rounder.

Wow. They really, really wanted to put an end to the Baker Mayfield experience.

The Cleveland Browns announced Sunday that they traded for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson , giving up three first-round picks, a 2023 third-round pick and a 2024 fourth-round pick for the QB and a 2024 fifth-rounder.

The Texans actually got less lower round
picks than other teams offered but they got bamboozled by the Watson no trade clause. When Cleveland offered a stupid amount of money and fully guaranteed it the Texans had no choice. No one else would give that guarantee.

Cleveland has fucked up the economics of the league big time in salary and guarantee. All that treasure and draft picks is stupid for one player. Bad stupid.

But he was a slam dunk #1 pick. There were no questions he is a franchise qb. Anybody who watched him play in college knew he wasn't worth a first round pick. He was a 1 read qb, just like midget. Cant handle pressure or adversity. Throw in having no maturity or leadership.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

But he was a slam dunk #1 pick. There were no questions he is a franchise qb. Anybody who watched him play in college knew he wasn't worth a first round pick. He was a 1 read qb, just like midget. Cant handle pressure or adversity. Throw in having no maturity or leadership.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He's good in those commercials, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I can not imagine the fucking mental gymnastics a NFL team owner would have to go through to want/justify this fuck on his team in any other capacity as a towel boy. Fuck baker.

I think Detroit should offer a 7th Rd pick + an unwanted player in trade to dump some salary... 😋

Baker has an untenable contract at $18m in 22. The boycott of Baker by other teams could be a big fuck you to Haslam forcing him to eat that contract. You either keep him as an overpaid backup, and baker should swallow his pride and do it, or they release him, sticking them with same $ in dead money. At best they will have to trade him and eat most of the contract.

Browns have pissed off the league with this ridiculous contract that changes the economics of QBs even more upside down. Eat $18 mill motherfucker.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Baker has an untenable contract at $18m in 22. The boycott of Baker by other teams could be a big fuck you to Haslam forcing him to eat that contract. You either keep him as an overpaid backup, and baker should swallow his pride and do it, or they release him, sticking them with same $ in dead money. At best they will have to trade him and eat most of the contract.

Browns have pissed off the league with this ridiculous contract that changes the economics of QBs even more upside down. Eat $18 mill motherfucker.

And a much safer Jimmy G is available for just a 3rd round pick.