Beer 2020?! F*ck that sh*t! Beer 2021!

HenryJames

I believe in miracles.

Started keto 4 weeks ago.  Last weekend, I found a case of Primus while shopping for bourbon in LBK.  Not only did it piss me off that it was available NOW!, as opposed to in December when the rest of Texas had it; but add in the fact there is virtually no way to cheat that stuff into my diet.

Alas! youngest son, stationed in Spain since 2019 who we have not seen since Nov '19 tells me he has leave coming up in April.  It will be the first time my family has been together since 2 Novembers ago.  Primus will be there... along with some Boulevard and other stuff from Kansas and Missouri( going to see our other son up there.)

dunkel-munich-dunkel-lager-kansas-city-bimage.jpg

1997447.jpg

Edited by slorch

Ordered a couple of these yesterday. 

8D553DD7-F51A-43CE-9157-1CD799514341.thumb.png.9d88c40939fc900399233509e83111cf.png

It tastes like drinking a cherry pie.

I would recommend getting some regular Dragon Fandango and mixing it 1 part to 2 parts Psuedo. It’s called the Kevin, named after the 4’11” bike riding 4 wheeler racing Allamakee County redneck midget OG TG regular and all around good guy who invented the mix.

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It tastes like drinking a cherry pie.

I would recommend getting some regular Dragon Fandango and mixing it 1 part to 2 parts Psuedo. It’s called the Kevin, named after the 4’11” bike riding 4 wheeler racing Allamakee County redneck midget OG TG regular and all around good guy who invented the mix.

That’s sounds like Martin House’s sweet cherry. Wasn’t a fan. I guess my son will like it. 

Under Pressure by Celestial Beerworks here in Dallas. Very tasty chocolately and completely hides the 14% ABV.

Description from Untapped:

Under Pressure is an imperial stout aged for 16 months in a Makers Mark Bourbon barrel. We then added tons of intense dark chocolate and soft, sweet vanilla beans. This beer is complex and intricate. Each sip tastes like you just bit into one of those fancy dark chocolate bars with dried fruit mixed in. There is a light bitterness from the dark chocolate. We are picking up notes of dried blueberry and pomegranate.

There is a warmth and flavor from the bourbon, but it’s not overly boozy. There are notes of light cinnamon, roasty espresso and a gorgeous finish reminiscent of fudgy Cosmic Brownies. This beer is insanely drinkable and smooth as velvet.

da48e42acab65641ca87f5cb30a6119a.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Has anyone tried Hopsquad over on Kramer in North Austin?  Thinking about going over there this afternoon when I finish my last meeting.

Been wanting to try them out. Beers look interesting albeit with some of the dumbest fucking names.

9 hours ago, utee94 said:

Has anyone tried Hopsquad over on Kramer in North Austin?  Thinking about going over there this afternoon when I finish my last meeting.

Got cans to go once and had a friend bring some over a few months later. In all tried 4-5 different beers. All were meh. 

10 hours ago, utee94 said:

Their Italian pils is spot on and everything else is top of the tier 2 quality breweries in austin. Their lagers are very well made.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1