Beer 2020?! F*ck that sh*t! Beer 2021!

HenryJames

From my local neighborhood brewery, Vector Brewing, tonight’s drink by the front porch patio fire is Neil Kvass Tyson: Origins. Very nice. Description from Untapped:

Brewed with a traditional base of pilsner malt and wheat, plus 350 pounds of our in-house sourdough we use for our stone deck pizzas. We then barrel-fermented the beer in neutral American oak barrels before aging it with our mixed culture of various bacteria and yeast, including multiple strains of Brettanomyces.

Named in honor of our favorite astrophysicist, author, and all-around cool cat, this funky ale pours a beautiful tawny/russet brown hue, with a lively foam head that dissipates fairly quickly. Notes of bright, fruity esters (sour cherry, rhubarb jam), melba toast, and mellow oak tannins intermingle with a prominent, tart acidity, followed by a firm, dry finish on the palate.

9500d961b9003fc26251294e8ce10285.jpg

Just read the founder of Modern Times resigned and that there is another wave of MeToo going on it Craft Brewing.
Good for those women standing up of themselves.

I will be absolutely stunned if Toppling Goliath doesn’t get called out here.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:25 PM, CoachTex said:

20210522_172021.thumb.jpg.330f97d8c00b1ee7e631c75f168ec8b4.jpg

Black pumas from 4th tap the top one so far.

That polygamy porter is solid.  I like their Devastator Bock too. 

It ain’t that hot here yet.

Yeah, it was actually 100 just south of the Twin Cities earlier today when I went biking with my brother.

I checked the temp in Plano (buddy from college lives there) and it was 82.

Whole damn world gone crazy.

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, it was actually 100 just south of the Twin Cities earlier today when I went biking with my brother.

I blame the coronas

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Same in Boise two days ago. Back down to 81 today so hoping that doesn't happen again till July.

Same in Boise two days ago. Back down to 81 today so hoping that doesn't happen again till July.

Our lowest high in the 10 day is 88.

Our average June high is probably 81, so it’s not that far out of line, but usually that comes in a mix of highs between the high 70’s and low 90’s. A steady run of temps in a 2-3 degree range is very rare for us, be it summer heat or winter chill.

Yesterday went to White Rock Alehouse here in Dallas who was hosting Haze Warz featuring hazies from 16 different DFW breweries. 16 different numbered cups and you voted on your favorite. Here were the winners.

Gold: Cut The Red Tape - False Idol Brewing - NE Style Double IPA [8.2% ABV, N/A IBU]

Silver: IPO IPA - White Rock Brewing - Hazy IPA [7.0% ABV, 45 IBU]

Bronze: Haze Wizard - 3 Nations Brewing - NE Style IPA [7.5% ABV, 55 IBU]

Good times.

82001b47b576df4d1ac967560af5535f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

Yesterday went to White Rock Alehouse here in Dallas who was hosting Haze Warz featuring hazies from 16 different DFW breweries. 16 different numbered cups and you voted on your favorite. Here were the winners.

Gold: Cut The Red Tape - False Idol Brewing - NE Style Double IPA [8.2% ABV, N/A IBU]

Good times.

Celestial didn’t make the medal stand?

Sounds like it was rigged.

On 6/6/2021 at 8:31 PM, mdleast said:

Good times.

IPO IPA is my local fav.  Thirsty Growler has Grace & Grit from Great Raft on tap right now.  Delicious.