Beer 2020?! F*ck that sh*t! Beer 2021!

HenryJames

Was in Austin for the weekend (first time since February 2020) with the family. Besides the usual stops (Pinthouse Round for lunch on the way in, ABW as we played games and messed around one evening and Jester King on Sunday when they open before heading back home), tried a few new breweries this weekend.

Holdout Brewing has tasty burgers. I got the 50/50 and this ain’t a great photo but all burgers we had were very good and their fries are great. Beers were all solid enough.

56f8cda56c62964fe3339e3841979d4b.jpg

4b6105091832d9a2fc2a1037aafc9141.jpg

1fe34169311126b568ff896de18a58fc.jpg

aa97fb5ba7fe9e24b573c143baa01c51.jpg

Stopped briefly by Central District Brewing while waiting to see if we were going to wait around for dinner at Moonshine (we didn’t). Beers were decent. I worry about how well they will do given parking around there.

Had a 12:30 Sunday reservation for Jester King. As we had a little time to kill before I stopped for a very quick flight at almost right across the street Beerburg Brewing. Nice looking place that also reminds me of Vista and to a lesser degree Family Business Beer Company. I thought the beers were better than as rated. Food menu looked good too.

0ace58bfd32d0cf74b3a2f082696f65c.jpg

a576b3541a927e19a33502e130db93f6.jpg
3dec7eea76b24a82ad1e5dd5fe52c508.jpg
a79c19b73f02942fe912ff0d2b772d13.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Heading to Pinthouse Brewing today to check it out and catch my boy Guy Forsyth play a couple of sets.  Menu is different than the pizza joints and brews are looking good too. 

Fantastic choice

PXL_20210508_220056707.jpg

• Like 1

What are the best craft beer bars around Austin these days? If I was considering making a one-off delivery trip to town, which places should I reach out to? Could probably only fit kegs for 5-6 joints in our modest van. I’ve got a couple of buddies that are investors in Great Heights who live in Austin, plus I just think it would be cool to put some of our stuff out there and I could expense a quick trip.

The GOAT of “non-alcoholic” beers is the one that is, in fact, truly non-alcoholic: no alcohol, no calories and no carbs. Just water, hops and a pinch of brewer’s yeast:

ff08d5820b745c17769cf144f6c5d8e2.jpg
Which to my hop loving taste is just a delicious hop tasting Topo Chico like drink.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, mdleast said:

The GOAT of “non-alcoholic” beers is the one that is, in fact, truly non-alcoholic: no alcohol, no calories and no carbs. Just water, hops and a pinch of brewer’s yeast:

ff08d5820b745c17769cf144f6c5d8e2.jpg
Which to my hop loving taste is just a delicious hop tasting Topo Chico like drink.

That stuff is great.  Almost too good, because I find it so refreshing I fly through it quicker than I would beer.

Yeah, yeah it's macro brew talk, but been looking forward to this for years. 

Fans of Yuengling will soon be able to buy the beers in Texas for the first time as the 192-year-old brewery celebrates its expansion into the state.

On Tuesday, the secret family recipes and proprietary yeast from Pennsylvania's D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc, arrived at the Molson Coors facility in south Fort Worth, where the beer will be produced.

Before the expansion into Texas, Yuengling was available in 22 states but only made it as far west as Louisiana and Arkansas.

Four Yuengling beers will be brewed in Fort Worth: Yuengling Lager, Light Lager, Golden Pilsner and Flight, its light beer, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Yuengling beer is expected to hit Texas shelves by the fall.

Pool/beach/lake days just got a whole lot better.