CFP National Championship: Alabama vs Ohio State

NorthTexasCougar

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30651502/ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-ryan-day-expects-qb-justin-fields-play-cfp-title-game

Fields required an "injection" to play.

Coach and QB both intentionally fague on the injury.

I am guessing that means Fields should not have gone back out there to play and he is coveringfor the coach.

It makes his performance even more impressive.

It also means he is susceptible to getting knocked out of the game.

Based on what I've seen, which is every play of Bama's 12 games this year (and bits of OSU games this year plus all of OSU/Clemson), this has the feel of the Bama/Clemson game in Santa Clara two years ago, i.e., hard punch to Bama's solar plexus running game followed by 2-to-1 outscoring by OSU.  As Lou Costello said in the Wolfman movie, "I got a baaaad feelin about 'dis one."

Plus, Sark has visions of chaps girls' tight asses, padron tequila and burnt orange orgasms, so there goes his usual clever offensive strategery.  Maybe Nick has a whole secret series of plays, or the bone docs put a bionic ankle in Waddle's foot.  I'm not goong to bitch, though, unless we get robbed on a game deciding replay or some shit.  Football is the winner here.

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This game is really going to be memorable if Justin fields is out

That said...get your shit together.

This is the most worthless season I could imagine. I really don't give a shit if it's played with flags. Crowning a champion this year is laughable to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, pacman said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30651502/ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-ryan-day-expects-qb-justin-fields-play-cfp-title-game

Fields required an "injection" to play.

Coach and QB both intentionally fague on the injury.

I am guessing that means Fields should not have gone back out there to play and he is coveringfor the coach.

It makes his performance even more impressive.

It also means he is susceptible to getting knocked out of the game.

I don't know that he got hit anywhere he could get truly injured.  Probably just a badly bruised muscle.  Full speed helmet hit just below the shoulder.

2 hours ago, bullet said:

I don't know that he got hit anywhere he could get truly injured.  Probably just a badly bruised muscle.  Full speed helmet hit just below the shoulder.

You are a cornucopia of weird football takes.

clemson-lb-skalski-ejected-targeting-hit

That is not "just below the shoulder." It's a kidney and lower ribs shot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

What seems tone-deaf by tOSU (if they are really the ones trying to reschedule) is that outside of Fields postponing the game a week helps Bama. Not only are you are giving the team that has played more games another week of rest, you are giving Saban and his staff another week of preparation.

Unless Fields absolutely CAN'T go on Monday, I think tOSU would be better off with Fields at 85% on the 11th than Fields at 95% on the 18th. Try and catch Bama with your momentum rolling.

14 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I don't believe this is about Fields.  The rumors (because that's all they are at this point) are that it's the DL position group that is affected.  The DL had two guys out on Friday and the rumors are of at least two more in the position group.  

That makes more sense.

16 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

defender trying to tackle with the shoulder and wrap up, qb spins, takes helmet to ribs and defender ejected. 

defender trying to tackle with the shoulder and wrap up, qb spins, takes helmet to ribs and defender ejected. 
Meh. That roid rage dude was coming in full force with the crown of his helmet. In no way was he trying to hit with this shoulder. He saw an opportunity to blow up their best player who was in the open field begging to be hit and he did just that.

Football is trying to get rid of leading with your helmet. That's what he did. Textbook penalty and ejection.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 1/5/2021 at 9:32 PM, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, he’s got a couple of at least cracked ribs for sure. Maybe lacerated kidney. That’s no problem, though...a little lidocaine shot like the one he got in the tent will get him through the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, ztejas said:

What seems tone-deaf by tOSU (if they are really the ones trying to reschedule) is that outside of Fields postponing the game a week helps Bama. Not only are you are giving the team that has played more games another week of rest, you are giving Saban and his staff another week of preparation.

Unless Fields absolutely CAN'T go on Monday, I think tOSU would be better off with Fields at 85% on the 11th than Fields at 95% on the 18th. Try and catch Bama with your momentum rolling.

Don't forget another week of practice for J. Waddle to get back into rhythm.

I am 100% rooting for Alabama. That being said I think the Ohio State team that clobbered Clemson can beat Alabama. That offensive line is legit and physical. Sermon is running with a ton of confidence too. And Fields has pretty much thrown over everyone this year. Now, if he is really hurting that's an issue. As will be the Covid issues of the defensive line. Who knows what to believe there.

Alabama on defense does not seem as strong to me as they were in the middle fo the last decade. Yes, I would love them to be my defense but they just don't seem as strong at the DL and LB positions. Mac is a very good QB, but he is a statue, and that worries me. I also don't like how Alabama has relied so much just on Harris running the ball. I like the offense when it has multiple runners. If Alabama can protect Mac then I think Alabama will win. 

Those are my issues. 

2 hours ago, nnm said:

Yeah, he’s got a couple of at least cracked ribs for sure. Maybe lacerated kidney. That’s no problem, though...a little lidocaine shot like the one he got in the tent will get him through the game. 

Just don't let the Chargers' doc give it to him.

• Like 2

Pulling for Alabama because of Sark. 
I'd rather he start his time here feeling like something was left on the table, and wanting to prove he's the man for the job. Yes I'm aware that means the fuckeyes get a trophy, but considering this entire clusterfuck of a rona season will have an asterisk in peoples minds, I'm ok with it.

ESPN will feature the Coaches Film Room for the National Title game

By Doug Samuels -   January 7, 2021 

The popular Coaches Film Room segment was brought back last year, and will be featured again this year as part of ESPN’s MegaCast coverage.

Film Room returns to the National Championship MegaCast on ESPNEWS, with SEC Network college football analyst and former BCS Champion head coach Gene Chizik, Wake Forest head coach Dave Clawson, Liberty head coach Hugh Freeze and North Carolina A&T’s Sam Washington joining the telecast. Follow every play of Alabama-Ohio State through the minds of those who live and breathe the game every day. Please note: the lineup of coaches is subject to change.

CFP_Megacast_PROMO_ALA_OSU-780x470.png 

For more detailed coverage info below link...

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/01/espns-megacast-returns-with-14-presentations-for-college-football-playoff-national-championship-on-monday-jan-11/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1