CFP National Championship: Alabama vs Ohio State

NorthTexasCougar

8 hours ago, ousux said:
On 1/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, Brandywine said:
Pulling for Alabama because of Sark. 

I'd rather he start his time here feeling like something was left on the table, and wanting to prove he's the man for the job. Yes I'm aware that means the fuckeyes get a trophy, but considering this entire clusterfuck of a rona season will have an asterisk in peoples minds, I'm ok with it.

Nothing is worth letting Ohio State win a title.  Least deserving program out there.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ousux said:
On 1/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, Brandywine said:
Pulling for Alabama because of Sark. 

I'd rather he start his time here feeling like something was left on the table, and wanting to prove he's the man for the job. Yes I'm aware that means the fuckeyes get a trophy, but considering this entire clusterfuck of a rona season will have an asterisk in peoples minds, I'm ok with it.

I’d rather him have recruits drooling over his coaching attributes after he skullfucks tOSU. 

I’m sure his path to redemption after the USC debacle will keep his fire fueled for a while. He also probably wants to prove that it isn’t just Saban’s supervision keeping him focused.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

ESPN will feature the Coaches Film Room for the National Title game
By Doug Samuels -   January 7, 2021 
The popular Coaches Film Room segment was brought back last year, and will be featured again this year as part of ESPN’s MegaCast coverage.
Film Room returns to the National Championship MegaCast on ESPNEWS, with SEC Network college football analyst and former BCS Champion head coach Gene Chizik, Wake Forest head coach Dave Clawson, Liberty head coach Hugh Freeze and North Carolina A&T’s Sam Washington joining the telecast. Follow every play of Alabama-Ohio State through the minds of those who live and breathe the game every day. Please note: the lineup of coaches is subject to change.
CFP_Megacast_PROMO_ALA_OSU-780x470.png 
For more detailed coverage info below link...
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/01/espns-megacast-returns-with-14-presentations-for-college-football-playoff-national-championship-on-monday-jan-11/

Lame list of coaches . These things are more entertaining with Patterson chowing down the pizza

Surprise surprise, Ohio State wants to push back the CFP national championship because of concerns over Fields’ rib cage  COVID-19.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/covid-19-issues-at-ohio-state-lead-to-discussions-about-postponing-cfp-national-championship-per-reports/

Edited by 956 Worldwide

Rooting for Ohio State should be viewed as rooting for Oklahoma

I don't know why this is such a difficult thing for people on this board to realize.

Michigan = Texas
Ohio State = Oklahoma
Michigan State = Texas A&M

There is no other trio of schools in the entire country that come close to this parallel.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

I don't know why this is such a difficult thing for people on this board to realize.

Michigan = Texas
Ohio State = Oklahoma

There is no other trio of schools in the entire country that come close to this parallel.

Ohio St is not like OU to me because I have no real connection to them aside from when we played them 3 times. 2005, 2006 and 2008 bowl game. They don't bother me. Just as I am sure other regions don't care about OU or aggy like we do. College football is regional as are the rivalries. You can compare the teams and say who is who in relation to our rivals but it does not resonate to me like that.

I would rather see Ohio St win than the fucking football factory that is Alabama. Them winning is a snoozefest for me. And I enjoy watching Fields play. 

21 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I'm pulling for Saban to retire and Ryan Day to take the Jags job. Fuck both of these teams, though I am a little excited for this game. But still fuck the whole state of Ohio and Alabama. 

Dont forget Lincoln Riley to the Cowboys. That would complete the trifecta.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, Huckleberry said:

You are a cornucopia of weird football takes.

clemson-lb-skalski-ejected-targeting-hit

That is not "just below the shoulder." It's a kidney and lower ribs shot.

Ribs aren't just below the shoulder?  And kidney would be right where that plate is.  He's hit right where that muscle extends down his back from his arm.

27 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Last day of us letting Alabama borrow our head coach. I expect him to be returned by tomorrow morning.

Hopefully When Sark steps off the plane in Austin he will have been fitted for a Championship ring to show off to recruits. I will be hoping Sark does well on the forty acres. Especially if he takes care of business before leaving town. Texas needs to be a power in cfb. Oklahoma needs some competition.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 9:53 AM, Pimphand said:

Michigan = Texas
Ohio State = Oklahoma

On 1/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, qwertyu1234 said:

I think Michigan State fans would hate what you've just written.

My guess is that Aggie would hate this as well.

17 hours ago, NorthTexasCougar said:

Hopefully Waddle is ready to go. 

I would be that Waddle could have played against Notre Dame, but the staff felt that the ND game was a gimme and they held back on things to surprise OSU in the final.

I double that Waddle starts the game. I would think that they will bring him in the first half with certain looks. Then I bet that he is involved in different looks in the second half so that the adjustments that were made at halftime won't help.

MY VIEW:

I like Fields and I like Sark (now). I would like to see them both do well. After that, I'm not sure who I'm pulling for, but I girl that I used to date when she travelled through Argentina, and who I would like to date a few times to start things off post-COVID... went to OSU and it might make her happy. (That could benefit me if I help her view the game from her bungalow in Costa Rica tonight.)

On 1/8/2021 at 10:53 AM, Pimphand said:

Michigan = Texas
Ohio State = Oklahoma

Texas certainly loves to compare itself to UM at every opportunity.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

what's the line?  Ohio State is getting at least a TD by most books, right?  sheeeeeeiiiiitttttt.  gimme that every day of the week.

i'm thinking Alabama wins 42-38.  that may be too many points.  35-31.  something like that. 

i'll be watching on Film Room.  hopefully these guys have something.  gonna miss Sweaty Patterson.

what's the line?  Ohio State is getting at least a TD by most books, right?  sheeeeeeiiiiitttttt.  gimme that every day of the week.
i'm thinking Alabama wins 42-38.  that may be too many points.  35-31.  something like that. 
i'll be watching on Film Room.  hopefully these guys have something.  gonna miss Sweaty Patterson.

Bama -8.5

15 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

8 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Bama -8.5

The o/u is about 75.

I think that OSU covers.

I think that the total will go over. Could be a Bama/FLA shootout... though OSU's D is much better than Florida's.

The o/u is about 75.

I think that OSU covers.

I think that the total will go over. Could be a Bama/FLA shootout... though OSU's D is much better than Florida's.

I think the line moved from 7.5 to 8.5 right about the time the rumblings of OSU COVID positives on their D-line.

If OSU can consistently matchup their TEs on Dylan Moses then they can really move the chains. I’m curious to see if Sermon can run with the success he’s had in the last 2 games.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, qwertyu1234 said:

I think Michigan State fans would hate what you've just written.

Well they were once upon a time the Aggies as well and like it or not are the little brother to the big in state brother with that annoying inbred clown neighbor from a state starting with O.  

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

My guess is that Aggie would hate this as well.

I mean the gomers would give their left nut for the Spartans athletic success which is saying something.  Michigan State won more games in Omaha in 1954 than Texas A&M has ever.  Mix in the basketball titles and football titles and yeah haha.

4 hours ago, alincoln said:

Texas certainly loves to compare itself to UM at every opportunity.  

As we should they are both public ivys that prioritize academics over athletics more than their opponents yet still field strong athletic teams (historically at least)

On 1/8/2021 at 11:16 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Ohio St is not like OU to me because I have no real connection to them aside from when we played them 3 times. 2005, 2006 and 2008 bowl game. They don't bother me. Just as I am sure other regions don't care about OU or aggy like we do. College football is regional as are the rivalries. You can compare the teams and say who is who in relation to our rivals but it does not resonate to me like that.

I would rather see Ohio St win than the fucking football factory that is Alabama. Them winning is a snoozefest for me. And I enjoy watching Fields play. 

You clearly skipped Columbus in 2005.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:53 AM, Pimphand said:

Michigan = Texas
Ohio State = Oklahoma

Damn that;s scary good.  I guess the Texas Bowl had streaks where little brother won a bit.