Texas at Kansas: 11 am on ESPN2. [84-59 FINAL TEXAS]

SDG

8 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I told a KU buddy that if we shot 3s like that every single game, we'd be unbeatable. Of course, I followed it up with saying we'd shoot 2 for 24 next time against the Jayhawks...but it was indeed glorious to watch. 

We are also pretty unbeatable when our opponent shoots 3-24 from 3. 

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

And we beat those three blue-bloods on the road (not that the FEC has some sort of built-in advantage, it barely has built-in plumbing).

IU and UNC were neutral site games. And not to be "that guy" but KU was on the road*.

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

this here is our concern dude...I didn't see the game and thought well shit maybe Shaka has turned this thing around.  then I saw the 3 point stats.   unfortunately what happened at kansas happens about twice a year.

here's to hoping our 3 pt shooting actually stays consistent

6 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I didn't see any of OSU-TT. But a visiting team beating Barnes in a big game isn't all that impressive, so the answer must be A or C. I'll take the 'Horns.

lol. bait taken and all, but Barnes has a fucking awesome home record in big games in his home arena. Sparty, UNC, UCLA, Wake, Nova, OU, KU, A&M, you name it- i've been to probably 95% of the "big games" that Barnes coached at the FEC and we very rarely lost. like almost never, it just doesn't happen. hell, it took Kentucky 4 or 5 tries to win at TBA and Tennessee was terrible the first couple of times they played.

if you're going to try something like this, don't do it in a case where the exact opposite of what you're saying is true. let there at least be a little truth to it. 

Edited by shadow_operative

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

lol. bait taken and all, but Barnes has a fucking awesome home record in big games in his home arena. Sparty, UNC, UCLA, Wake, Nova, OU, KU, A&M, you name it- i've been to probably 95% of the "big games" that Barnes coached at the FEC and we very rarely lost. like almost never, it just doesn't happen. hell, it took Kentucky 4 or 5 tries to win at TBA and Tennessee was terrible the first couple of times they played.

if you're going to try something like this, don't do it in a case where the exact opposite of what you're saying is true. let there at least be a little truth to it. 

Rick's obviously a good coach. We all know it. I just should have saved it for March and substituted "lower-seeded opponent" for "visiting team." 

As for the original question, I still don't know how to compare Alabama's win to OSU's, but I doubt either was as impressive as ours. 

36 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Rick's obviously a good coach. We all know it. I just should have saved it for March and substituted "lower-seeded opponent" for "visiting team." 

As for the original question, I still don't know how to compare Alabama's win to OSU's, but I doubt either was as impressive as ours. 

Ours was by far more impressive. We went into AFH, where we’ve won...twice ever?....and shit blasted a top 3 team that had never lost that badly at home under Self. 

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That's fair. Their 3 pt fg% was 40% before Saturday.  They should have made 7 more of those 3's. With a 25 pt win we should have still won, but of course a tight game changes everything, especially on the road.  Answer is probably somewhere in the middle in that this Texas team is 12th in the nation in 3pt fg defense at 24.8%