Texas at Kansas: 11 am on ESPN2. [84-59 FINAL TEXAS]

SDG

Texas is legitimately good this year. Seems like every single game, a new player has a career game. Which actually matters because the team is full of seniors and juniors. It feels like its clicking for everyone all at the same time.

This has to be the best Texas basketball team so far since that stretch where Texas was #1 under barnes.

I hope their confidence soars. That upcoming Baylor game suddenly looks so much bigger now. Texas has more than a puncher's chance to shake up the nation, they can actually ball.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Very casual follower of basketball but

blink-182 wtf GIF

🤘

Texas has been pretty legit all season long, even in their only loss to #4 Villanova they played well.

I actually set an alarm to wake up to watch this game. I thought it'd be close, tough game. This is so much better.

Last basketball game I can remember being this satisfying was Shaka's win over OU his first year where Texas shut them down for like 10 minutes straight.

• immamac changed the title to Texas at Kansas: 11 am on ESPN2. [89-54 FINAL TEXAS]

Isn't it funny how when the announcers keep talking about your team's defensive qualities you end up putting up a lot of points?  Great win on the road.

Best team potential we have had in a while and they seem to be having fun playing!  The awkwardness of the early games is turning into good communication and anticipation.  Should be fun to watch the boys this year.  Nice to put a beat down on Kansas.

Just now, horn4life said:

Isn't it funny how when the announcers keep talking about your team's defensive qualities you end up putting up a lot of points?  Great win on the road.

Best team potential we have had in a while and they seem to be having fun playing!  The awkwardness of the early games is turning into good communication and anticipation.  Should be fun to watch the boys this year.  Nice to put a beat down on Kansas.

I really wish we could have seen the team (minus GB) in the tournament last year. We are seeing a continuation of that final stretch of games + adding in a top 10 player. 

• immamac changed the title to Texas at Kansas: 11 am on ESPN2. [84-59 FINAL TEXAS]
20 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Then again, Shaka doing his best Mensa impressions the past couple years does play a factor. 

Shaka isn't an asshole, he's actually a very humble dude which is why some of us fans have been rooting for him to turn the corner here.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SDG said:

Shaka isn't an asshole, he's actually a very humble dude which is why some of us fans have been rooting for him to turn the corner here.   

Ya, I liked Shaka when he was at VCU and I've liked him since he stepped foot at UT. I think he actually is a very smart person, but doesn't brag. He just has had a shitty record at Texas is all.

I disliked herman from the moment he was at UH. Anyone who brags about being in Mensa is a moron. A Mensa membership is a pretty quick way to tell if someone has self esteem problems and isn't really that smart. If you have to go around telling people that you're smart, you probably aren't.

I'd be down for Shaka to build something great at Texas. When Herman won the sugar bowl, it was more like I tolerated that we were winning with a douchebag at coach. Fuck Tom Herman, I'm glad Smart is actually improving right now.

EDIT: Also just to say, fuck UH and the entire city of Houston. We should never ever resort to hiring a Cougar High coach again. Fuck that loser school and city. When it comes to athletics, the city of Houston's fanbases are basically NFL aggy. #5 UH shitting the bed means Texas should probably move into the top 5 on Monday.

Edited by BigXII
  • Hook 'Em 1