Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Sarkisian did not fail twice as a head coach. I understand people not being keen on the hire but you do not have to invent facts because you are upset. 

Herman was successful at Houston then.  same difference.  unproven.

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m trying to figure that out. Like, it isn’t happening, or it’s a done deal

It’s vague enough that he can claim to be right no matter what 

Journalistic cold reading 

Edited by Nope
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Sarkisian was being groomed as the replacement for Saban. That’s a positive sign. It also sounds like Bryce Young might be going wherever Sarkisian goes. So the QB competition might get interesting this Spring. 

Yeah, I don't understand the consternation over a guy that clearly is an elite offensive mind. He can do it all, Bama runs pro, spread, power, zone. Every time Jones threw a pass it seemed their guys were wide open. For the most part Harris had huge holes to run through.

You know who loves this move. Wiley, Moore, Whittington, Omeire, Dickson, Robinson, Johnson, and Liebrock. Those guys should flourish in the Sark offense.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Assman said:

There's too much focus on the Sark news to really appreciate the fact that we'll never have to hear another "winning is hard" or see another pee chart.  Mensa is gone.  Let us rejoice.

yea but we replaced the pee chart with this for the coaches piss

ihwx.690ed11e-86b8-4cea-aa70-14507e8ec39

14 minutes ago, bullet said:

Well there's David McWilliams and John Mackovic.  He's not necessarily going to be as bad as Charlie Strong.  But there's no reason to think he will be as successful as Fred Akers, Mack Brown or Tom Hermann.  Absolutely no reason.

Including Herman with Fred and Mack is absurd.  Sark could easily be better than Herman.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Sark's staff will tell us a lot.   Make good hires and I think there is a ton of upside and we'll recruit well.  Would be fine with him retaining Ash (or bringing back Muschamp!)

I think Coleman is for sure going to be retained, especially if Muschamp is the hire. I agree, his staff hires will tell if he has this shit figured out or not, at least if he brings any of his boys along it will be from fucking Alabama and not Louisville or Houston.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am a realistic Texas alum/fan. 1 national title in the last 50 years. I know who we are. We are Minnesota. We were consistently good decades ago.

But at least, I thought, we had standards. CDC has flushed that down the toilet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But they'll all be tuned in on 1/11 to see what their next head coach is capable of. 

Yeah, with the best offensive talent in the game by two or three magnitudes. 

the hope you have is that you have a quarterback with real NFL potential and a running back that should be an NFL star one day. If he fucks that up then he should never get another head coaching job again. 

• Fuck You 1

Not a football expert by any means, but certainly a world class alcoholic in my day for about 35 years.  No need to revisit the genetics of alcoholism, but suffice to say, those guys are right, stress doesn’t lead to alcoholism. However, it is one of the biggest causes of relapse.  Keep that in mind.  Horrible hire for a place like the University of Texas.  There are no guarantees in life, but stress being related to relapse is one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Herman was successful at Houston then.  same difference.  unproven.

Sark has 6.5 seasons as a HC.  At both UW and SC, the programs were in tatters when he took over.

He's far more experienced, and with better experience, that Tom Herman, both as a head coach and an OC.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Yes, Herman was successful at Houston by any standard or metric you want to use. It’s not even close to the same. 

and moreso than Sark. you're proving my point. Herman was successful by any metric you want to use (your words not mine) and he failed. Sark is questionable at best.  near 500 record.  odds are unless something miraculous happened under Saban he's not the guy we need.  I've already stated I'll be cautiously optimistic and hope he works out.  no doubt he was not our first choice and once again, Texas has to settle for a hire after the guy we wanted (and maybe the second and third guy we wanted) said no.  pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

nope

I think CDC is getting his levers pulled by the guys with all the $$$ and zero football IQ

Now that I think of it, are the BMD just Texas's Jerry Joneses?????????????????????

Texas is absolutely the Dallas Cowboys of college football right now. They are practically the same team if you watch them back to back days during the season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, troph said:

and look at what that other bama coordinator has done at uga?  jack crap.

48-14 with a conf championship, played for 3 total and 2 CFP trips with likely 4 straight top 10 finishes?

This is why Texas fans have unrealistic expectations of that’s considered “Jack crap”

• Hook 'Em 8

• texifornia changed the title to Herman Fired. Sarkisian (reportedly) Hired.
  • immamac changed the title to Herman Fired.