Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

Just now, Michael Knight said:

At this point Sark would have been confirmed and so far no one has come out and said Sark is it other than the original fuck chip

" Texas will hire Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian as Herman's replacement, a source close to the process tells CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-to-hire-alabama-oc-steve-sarkisian-as-coach-firing-tom-herman-after-four-seasons-with-longhorns/

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Drayton seems to be really well liked by a lot of players. I know he’s basically the reason Bijan come here. Whittington basically threatening to leave if he goes. I’d imagine he gets retained.

Nope. Bijan's primary recruiter was Kevin Washington of all people.

Just now, Js1 said:

CDC fired Aston and announced his new hire within hours. Dude wouldn’t do it without a plan. 

del Conte does not always have a plan.  What he does have is immense amount of pressure to hurry the fuck up and do something.  To look busy, to look competent.  I still like the guy but we're just shuffling papers on the desk to seem viable to donors.  

1 hour ago, capnamerca said:

And the desert wandering continues ... this dude might actually die on the sidelines.

This life support time-out is brought to you by Tito’s...

As a non-Horn, I find this decision on both fronts incredibly intriguing.

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Would be funny if sark never took the job and fuck chip brown ran with a crap source. 

Would be expected.

Not buying this Sark news til it comes from UT. Smells like bullshit

Edited by B00M
Dark Sark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Herman is a better coach than Sark but letting him stay was untenable at this point. Better be 100 percent funded by donor money because otherwise the price tag isn’t worth it.

Well be back here in 3-4 years. Hopefully there’s some better utilization of offensive talent.

I said exactly the same thing when we hired herman.  Prepare to be negged.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Maybe I am confusing you. To be clear, I am not at all in support of this hire. And you know that.

You accused me of “hypocrisy” in my deleted “Fire Steve Sarkisian” thread for being adamantly against this hire. Care to explain?

I called you a hypocrite because you bitched and moaned about the site being an embarrassment and then started a fire the HC thread before he’d even been announced. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So much fan consternation over Sark.  But before I address that, screw Wanker Bob and every other dipshit outsider who thinks Texas should be satisfied with the current state of the program.  Recruiting is a mess. A&M is surging, OU is kicking our ass, and we don't have time to eff around and hope that Herman can take it to the next level.  Herman might be a good coach, but we don't have the luxury to time to find out. CDC had to make a move.

I get the wory over Sark. I have big concerns too.  But I get the decision. Once Meyer said no, every choice had risk. Kelly hasn't proven he can win at the highest level. Campbell is an unknown at the big boy programs. Dabo and Day were unattainable. 

Sark supposedly is incredibly talented. Drinking is what derailed his success. He's worked under Saban and learned how to assemble championship teams. As Burt said earlier in the thread, this is a high risk high reward choice. I'd rather try that than watch Kelly get his ass kicked in the Big 12 championship every year by OU.

Excellent.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Sark can get texas to uga level, I'll be happy. 

A 2-loss team that never wins the conference will make you happy?

We're only one loss away from that under Herman.

If UGa wasnt riding SEC coattails, we'd be hearing hiw they underachieve every year.

I do not want to be UGa. I want to win the conference more often than every 5-10 years... I want to have a real shot at it every year...

ou sucks

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I don’t think this was a home run by any means. But I think we’re way over reacting to this.

Sark could be horrible. Or he could be great. But we couldn’t have Harman for another year.

This. If my option is Sark or Herman again, consider me a Sarkboy. Herman tanked 2021 and 2022 recruiting. No momentum. No chance to dethrone OU.  It was about to get uglier

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mdmost said:

You're right. We could just give him another year to not beat OU and lose headscratchers like TCU or torpedo his own team like against Iowa State. Great plan. 

All while tanking another recruiting class.

This hire was as much about recruiting as it was anything/everything else.  Texas can't afford to stack another bad recruiting class.

• Hook 'Em 2

Whoever the new HC is, if we kept Herman all this time, we better be announcing him today so he can immediately talk to the players and try to keep attrition to a minimum. If it’s Sark then I guess he’s ditching Bama before the title game like Kiffin did. It doesn’t make much sense to me. If we’ve kept Herman this long then why not wait another week until Sark wins a title as Bama’s OC and then announce the hiring/firing? What difference does a week make at this point? 

Mostly, I’m ecstatic that we actually fired a failed narcissist excuse as a head coach.  I am extremely pleased to have an adult head coach.  NO ONE knows what the next 3-4 years will bring.  Right now....I’m just going to say Hook’em!!!!

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Ahhh, trying to Katy Agnor yourself to Sark?  

I’m kidding. Kind of. I don’t recall you saying that and it’s annoying to just have threads and posts disappear entirely. 

On 12/6/2020 at 2:21 PM, immamac said:

There will be no such thread. That tradition is dead. Texas will not be firing Urban Meyer he is a proven coach if he cannot succeed here then something is wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So much fan consternation over Sark.  But before I address that, screw Wanker Bob and every other dipshit outsider who thinks Texas should be satisfied with the current state of the program.  Recruiting is a mess. A&M is surging, OU is kicking our ass, and we don't have time to eff around and hope that Herman can take it to the next level.  Herman might be a good coach, but we don't have the luxury of time to find out. CDC had to make a move.

I get the wory over Sark. I have big concerns too.  But I get the decision. Once Meyer said no, every choice had risk. Kelly hasn't proven he can win at the highest level. Campbell is an unknown at the big boy programs. Dabo and Day were unattainable. 

Sark supposedly is incredibly talented. Drinking is what derailed his success. He's worked under Saban and learned how to assemble championship teams. As Burt said earlier in the thread, this is a high risk high reward choice. I'd rather try that than watch Kelly get his ass kicked in the Big 12 championship every year by OU.

Bravo.  Extremely rational post.

• Hook 'Em 2

Keeping Mensa at this point isn't an option.  I don't want to make a change for the sake of change but you can't bring back a coach who had lost the confidence of those in Belmont and the locker room.  At this point, if UM wasn't available, you go get a guy like Sark on the cheap and hope for the best.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I member OU getting Stoops probably successor. 

If Urban was the only thing that was going to make you turds happy then you were destined to be disappointed in the actual reality of our next hire. 

this is true, but the drip off from Urban to Sark is not the equivalent to stepping off a curb

this is more like accidentally falling off a 60 foot cliff at the 3:00 am and it's pitch dark (while drunk) and you're happy you hit water when you reach the bottom

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He took over a program that had won a total of 12 games in the 5 seasons before he was hired.

I agree he’s a better coach than Ty Willingham. He also inherited Jake Locker at a program that has generally been an upper-tier Pac 12 team. I just don’t see an upgrade in this hire. There’s nothing in his resume as a head coach that excites me about this hire.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Assman said:

Keeping Mensa at this point isn't an option.  I don't want to make a change for the sake of change but you can't bring back a coach who had lost the confidence of those in Belmont and the locker room.  At this point, if UM wasn't available, you go get a guy like Sark on the cheap and hope for the best.

Yes exactly. There simply weren't many options out there with HC experience at big programs. He has the resume to be coach at Texas and has spent the last couple years learning under the best.